Old 09-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #31  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrbeck View Post
good job for going and getting back at it today! those numbers are just that NUMBERS They mean nothing when you look at your self and you feel good. I am feeling VERY tired today but I'm hoping I can still get to the gym and do the bike for 30 minutes. I'm getting over a cold that I think I got from my son.. so I've been drinking a lot of water and eating fruit. I took all of my vitamins this morning and I want to make this week count. I'm going camping this weekend and I hope to maybe do a trail or something. They are decorating the camp sites and having trick or treating.. so I will at least get to walk the large are for a while.
for sure! i'm glad that you are taking care of yourself and not pushing it too hard. the most important thing is taking care of yourself.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #32  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Well I skipped the gym monday and tuesday. but I got up this morning feeling good. My son had a tempature again this morning so off to grandmas house he went. He was hard to leave today but I keep putting it in my mind.. if I work out and lose weight.. I will have more energy for the both of us!! I weighed in this morning and it was 160 ( I know I shouldn't weigh everyday and I'm trying to cut back but it's hard!!). I did 30 minutes on the bike again today. and I forgot my book so I tried to keep my self occupied looking around the small room/playing with my phone etc. I will hopefully going agian tomorrow and I won't forget my book..

How is everyone else???
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #33  
Keep on Keep'in on

Happy Thursday!! I decided to start a free weight watchers thingy. And today I'm doing a test run and seeing how it goes. I will hopefully be heading to the gym right after work.. maybe doing the treadmill instead of the bike this time! I am also going to the grocery tonight because we're "food poor" as my little sister puts it!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #34  
one pound at a time

thats so funny, because as of today i decided to go back to calorie counting. i am using my fitness pal this time because i felt like weight watchers was really loose and i wasnt losing that much weight on it. I took an extra rest day from running yesterday because i was out very late the night before and really tired. i was sort of sad about it, but today, i weighed in at 169 again and i felt really energized
Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #35  
Keep on Keep'in on

Good job!! I'm proud of you! I used my fitness pal for a while but I was never good at making sure I had the right proportions. I am just testing weight watchers for a week or so and seeing how I like it and if I can see ANY results and get out of the 60s for good I will stick with it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #36  
super awesome nubie!

S/C/G: 188/168.6/160

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
After reading through goals, support, and other forums on here. I have decided I need to lose weight for myself. I don't need to lose a set number. I don't need to have this amount lost by a certain time. So starting today I'm starting a "challenge" for myself. My husband's work Christmas party is December 17th, so I decided that I will make a 3 month challenge. I will exercise 240 minutes a week, I will drink 500 oz of water a week, and I will have breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday until the end of my challenge. If I go under, over, or eat a freaking cheeseburger two nights in a row I won't beat myself up. I need to make life changes not just weight changes. I will probably talk to OB this week too. So I am being held accountable. My husband does a good job helping me. But he also always says " I don't think you look any different than you did in high school, I haven't noticed any weight gain, You look fine in my eyes" What a sweetie right? But he's also the one buying me ice cream all the time haha. But anyways, I will do this challenge and update you along the way. Who else wants to help me and yourself? We can set weekly goals, we can encourage each other. We can just be here for each other. That's what I need. I need to be held accountable! I want to lose weight, but I don;t want to stress myself week after week waiting to wake up one day and be skinny. Thanks for reading my ramblings!!
I haven't even read this whole thread and I'm in! I know it's late, but holy heck - you just inspired the pants off of me...
*puts pants back on*

I need to go work out my goals... I'm getting married (legal, not the BIG wedding that's next year) in mid December and I need to stay ON TRACK!

Rock on sisters!!!!
bexwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #37  
Keep on Keep'in on

congrats!!!!! I just got married in July )) Eeee. I loved it. Welcome and we will make you stay on track!!!

Update: I went two days without any DR PEPPER or DIET COKE (then I woke up today and I felt like I had been drinking straight alcohol for three days straight) so I fell off the band wagon. but that's okay I will just have to drink 32 extra oz of water. ( I consumed over 200 oz of water yesterday if not more). I am really proud of my self. I did the bike for 15 mintues (went 4 miles) then I did weights.. (arms OUCH!) then I did the treadmill for 10 minutes. I feel good minus my caffiene withdraw hang over!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 190/181/140

I was sticking to this goal very well the first week but this past week I've been horrible. We had tamales at my house and flan. I couldn't be strong and pass on them. And even worse I hardly made time for exercise. I did hit the park a couple of days and took my son on a stroller ride, but not enough to compensate for the tamales.

Starting fresh as of today, no more tamales for me, until xmas where they're a must
lash0rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #39  
Keep on Keep'in on

haha good for you!! I understand how you feel. I'm craving pizza tonight.. and I'm not sure I can fit it in any where. Which makes me feel really sad. But that's okay. I'm sure we can do it!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #40  
super awesome nubie!

Default Bex's Goals!

Self goals:
PER WEEK!
- 150min REAL Exercise (30min, 5x per week)
- 8,400 Calories per week (NOT counting fresh veggies!)
- COOK one meal where I don’t have to stress about ingredients per week.

Also, I will:
- Weigh my food!
- Go to my Chiropractor
- Take Measurement 1x per month.

I have to make my weight in on a Wednesday… the weekends are so too flexible and that’s when I eat more calories… I used to get SUPER stressed because I’d weigh myself on Monday and I’d always be heavier/bloated/feel gross!
I also count my weekly calories starting on a Wednesday, so IF I over eat on the weekend I have time “make-up” for it Monday & Tuesday
Also, I found that if I “stocked up” extra calories for the weekend, I felt like I HAD to eat them all LOL.

My goals are pretty low compared to some of your rock stars! – I just want to be able to reach them and then build on them w/o getting pissed at myself
Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #41  
one pound at a time

hi everyone! i had quite an evening-- i ran and my knee started hurting from "overuse". then i fell twenty yards away from my house, but i kind of think that that makes me a hardcore runner now. I am upping from 4.15 to 4.86 miles on saturday, wish me luck.
i changed from ww to counting calories and i am hoping that i keep it up. the good thing is that i can apply properties thate i learned from ww to calorie counting like eating more fruits and vegetables-- especially since they give you more fiber per calorie. however, i felt like ww was to permissive for me and i was losing too slowly.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #42  
Keep on Keep'in on

Good job at the running Jayohwhy!

I am skipping my gym at work tonigh and getting on the elliptical when I get home. I feel bad for paying 200 bucks for it and then hardly ever using it! I am going to try to start using it once a week. I'm thinking about changing my weigh in days to Wednesday as wel. I have been feeling really down every Monday morning. And mondays suck anyway.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #43  
Keep on Keep'in on

Weekend update:

I went shopping friday night.. and did ALOT of walking around the mall!

Last night I went to a campground about 2 hours away with my family. They have it set up so you can trick or treat.. so my 18 month old was dressed as super man and my nephews were all super heros and my niece was a devil My little sister went as a witch. so precious..

I TRIED to watch what I ate this weekend because usually on the weekends I over eat BAD. but I think I did pretty good. I walked ALOT last night and def felt the burn!! Pulled our son in a wagon.. up and down hills. ALL night.

Not much activity today. Walked about .5 of a mile to our truck and headed home I went to the store today where I bought weekly lunches... healthy snacks, and got some stuff for dinner this week.

Tomorrow is my weigh in.. hoping for 160 or less..

What is everyone else up to?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #44  
Keep on Keep'in on

Well I am still doing okay! I weighed in at 160 But I'm changing my weigh in days.. to Wednesday instead of Mondays..

Hows everyone else??
Old 10-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #45  
super awesome nubie!

Quote:
Well I am still doing okay! I weighed in at 160 But I'm changing my weigh in days.. to Wednesday instead of Mondays..

Hows everyone else??
I'm starting my week over tomorrow (Wednesday) because this weekend I was out of town at a wine festival (aka over eating) and I've been sick yesterday and today (not eating) and I haven't been able to work out...

I hope the Wednesday weigh ins work for you too! I gain and lose 1-4lbs in a day, depending on the time, so Wednesday mornings are the best for me.