Old 09-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Default Large Frame?

How can you tell whether you have a large frame or not? I've been reading a lot of posts about it and I can't tell what kind of frame I have. Mostly, I keep looking in the mirror wondering if I really need to drop a lot more weight because I don't know whether I really look healthy or not. I look in the mirror and I see myself as fat but when I was fat I thought of myself as ok. It's weird because it wasn't until I started this journey that I really started to notice how overweight I actually am. I know my TOM is changing into more dramatic mood swings about my weight but it's like I want to know really how much further I need to go. I hate not knowing whether I'm still going to look fat when I'm in the high part of the "normal" BMI. I don't want to be considered thick. I want to be just regular.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Check this link out for body frame info...
http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #3  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

That site above looks like a good one. One other thing too, though, is that even if you do have a small frame I doubt you'll look thick at a healthy BMI. It depends too how you carry your weight. A women who has an hourglass figure and a small frame might still be able to pull off a bit more weight than someone who is a banana shape. Also the definition of "thick" is pretty relative. Someone posted a link to a bunch of pictures of women at different BMI's and it was really hard to find anybody in the healthy range who looked remotely overweight. I think I remember one person (who was at the absolute top of the healthy BMI) who looked slightly chubby but some weight lifting probably would've taken care of that. However, it was nice to get a good idea of what to expect at certain BMI's.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Wrap your thumb and index finger around your wrist. If they do not touch you are large framed. If they just touch you are medium and if they over lap you are small.
ctokarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctokarek View Post
Wrap your thumb and index finger around your wrist. If they do not touch you are large framed. If they just touch you are medium and if they over lap you are small.
That's misleading, especially for people with excess arm fat. This is the second time I've been overweight. (The first time exercise and healthy eating slimmed me down.) So, I know, at least from my experience, that whole "you're just big-boned" thing is more fluff than truth. Again, that's not to say that people don't come in different sizes because, "duh," they do.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Thanks! From the website and the thumb/index test I on the tip of small/medium frame for both.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote