Old 08-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #16  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

@MosesMom1, I know! Healthy food is so much more expensive than all the delicious desserts I want to have all the time. But, if I can't afford the more expensive salad option, I might as well opt out of getting the least expensive doughnut option, heh. On top of which, I've stopped putting sugar in my coffee D:, which makes coffee taste less delicious to me. Up until recently, it's been a weakness I've allowed myself, but now that I'm going healthy, I'm going all the way. I've also considered that maybe vendors will add half & half, so I guess that means that I will be making my own coffee. Ah, the little sacrifices, heh.

Last edited by PollifaxFive; 08-30-2011 at 09:56 AM.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #17  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Frozen veggies in bulk if you are able to (like in an apt.) and frozen chicken are awesome. Loved my George Foreman grill, and stirfry is a go-to meal. Easy, quick and cheap. Frozen veggies at Walmart are CHEAP. Seriously, a huge bag for less than 2 bucks. You can't get a muffin for that anywhere that I know of... Carrot sticks and salsa or light ranch. Those are staples.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #18  
Healthy student

@misstraveller, I am actually returning to college soon where we have a cafeteria that always has vegetables. Not always fresh, but always there. So no more spending ridiculous amounts of salads. No, instead, we pay the ridiculous amount up front and THEN choose whether to go healthy. Healthy will be the one I choose!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #19  
I am worth it!

S/C/G: 258/240.8/170

Height: 5'05"

@misstraveller I always stock up on frozen veggies at Kroger 10 for $10. And we keep chicken in the freezer always too! They have stir-fry, asian style, fiesta style, & just plain mixed veggies. I've started grilling 3 chicken breasts (gotta love that george forman!) on sundays or on the nights that class isn't until 7:30 and making a double batch of stir-fry. Then I just cut the chicken breasts in half & put that in tuberwares iwht veggies. Meals ready to heat up and eat!
@Pillifax I think one of my hardest things is trying to juggle the little time I have between work and school. To study or to workout... that is the question!
MosesMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #20  
Healthy student

@MosesMom1, I guess the answer is to study AND workout. xD I have been trying to think of how I can fit a workout into my daily schedule, because exercise always comes with a shower, so I was thinking a half hour of exercise, and a fifteen minute shower. How do you arrange this?
Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #21  
I am worth it!

S/C/G: 258/240.8/170

Height: 5'05"

@ Pollifax Sometimes I study with my friend at 6:00 before my Mon/ Wed classes. Sometimes I don't. Here's my plan for both scenarios:

Study Days Plan A- Get off work at 4- home by 430. 30- 45 minute bike ride. Back at the house by 515, shower and head to school (2 miles from house).

Non-Study Days Plan B- Get off work at 4:30- home by 5. 30-45 minute bike ride. Back at house by 6. Ready by 630, study for 30-45 minutes then head to class at 7:30.

I don't have school on Fridays, so I am going to go to the Mountain Biking trails near work with some co-workers.
MosesMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #22  
Healthy student

@MosesMom1, Nice job on the organization and planning! That's what I look forward to when I get back to school: arranging some kind of exercise / diet schedule and sticking to it. I want to feel confidant in my decisions. I figure that I'll have an adjustment month or something along those lines before I get into a comfortable schedule again. I will try to create an A and B plan like you did. I don't want to start making excuses.