Old 08-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #31  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I had a rest day yesterday, wasn't planned and I used up my rest day of the week which I might regret later! But I was feeling really tired, and a bit sick, so I hope I don't kick myself later in the week. I woke up to 174 lbs!! Can't believe it! I'm really hoping to keep that number and run with it until the end of the month.

I've got do my 3 mile run that I was supposed to do yesterday today, before it rains and makes my trail all muddy and dangeriffic. The plans to visit the boyfriend have been pushed back a bit, I'm applying to the JET programme *waves at Kawaii* this year and if I do get an interview it'll be January/early February time - and since I was initially planning on going at the end of January I figured I better be safe and push it back a few weeks just in case. I'm the most impatient woman you'll meet, so this was not a happy decision! HARUMPH! So hopefully Mid-February I'll be with my man and hopefully by then I'll be THIN! I fantasise regularly about looking super hot and super thin and seeing the look on his face when he meets me at the airport ;p

--

rainbow - You're right, that does make me happy! I know, tell me about teen angst! But it was more effed up than I remembered! I'm so happy that I'm over my confidence issues now, I had a major breakdown a few years ago and I was still recovering earlier in the year but after taking control of my weight I feel so much better about myself and life in general. Glad to say goodbye to that dark side I had! Alcide is yummy too, if only sweet men were really that attractive ;p Sorry if I've asked, but do you work out as well?

hotHealthy - It's crazy how the perception of yourself is warped when you're a teenager isn't it? When I was 17 I was 8 lbs over weight, I could have easily lost that if I exercised but nope, just felt like complaining instead! I'd love to be 158 lbs right now!! I might have to mark it on my chart that I made as another mini goal to reach, hehe. Remember - the number on the scale is going to vary. Seriously, you can gain like 2 lbs after eating breakfast - it's not as reliable as you think! Don't take the number to heart, start measuring yourself if you feel stressed out, it's a lot more accurate. If one day I'm 175 lbs, and have been for a while, then one day I'm 177 lbs - I ignore it! Something is probably not sitting right inside me, or I've not drank enough water...so many reasons! Keep going, stay strong and you can do this! Well done on the work outs, keep it up. I'm with you, I don't really diet - although now I've reached a point where I WANT to eat right to fuel my exercise, it's incredible! I actually want a salad, that's just hilarious for me!!

FatPants - How's your eating been?

munster - Hahaha, that reminds me when I got my boyfriend to do a Jillian Michaels work out with me, he was NOT impressed! He just kept moaning on and on about how weak his shoulders were and I was like "EXCUSES, KEEP MOVING BOY!" He hates running too, so when I went running with him he would moan about that! He's very much a climber/biker. 10mph on a treadmill? I think I would go flying off! You're actually a crazy lady, you do Insanity AND hit the gym?! Also, I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to diets, do you have any tips for the diet that goes with Insanity? I don't think I'm a fan of eating 5 times a day, is it really necessary? o_O

Kawaii - That's why I hate diets! They say "don't eat this" and what do I do? Want to stuff my face with THAT!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Hey strangers! I've been MIA for some time but recently started lurking again so i need to just join back in! I am hovering around the same weight as when I left, but haven't lost.

I started turbo fire this week and so far I'm loving it. I would still like to lose 10-15lbs and hoping this new program will give me the kick in the pants that I need!

Hi to all my old friends and ones I don't know yet
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

First, I have to say that I don't know where I got that .8 number, but I have a 1.2 lb loss for the week, not .8...duh! I'm a ditz.

Okay, time for those personals...

HH4L - I am student studying to be an Elem. Ed. teacher. I think you need to put the scale away. It seems to be really depressing you here lately. You should just focus on getting healthy and when you are more comfortable with yourself then you can get that evil thing out. The number doesn't matter anyway. It's all about how you feel about yourself. Don't let it get you down.

Munster
- I am not good at doing anything at 5:30 in the morning, much less exercise! Glad you had a good time kicking your hubby's butt though. I know that would make me feel good too.

Kawaii
- Oh, I love peanuts but I have to stay away from them because of the high calorie count. LOL on the age comment to Munster...that's funny...and oh, so evil. Haha!! And I'm with others, you don't have to leave us now. I went to the 30's boards once a long time ago because I felt like I just didn't fit in the 20's board since my hubby is 39 and I have 2 kids, blah, blah, but the weekly chat has changed since then and there are a lot more people who have stuff in common with me now. Anyway, I say stay where you feel comfortable. They say age is just a number anyway.

Rainbow - Good for you for tracking EVERYTHING. I know how hard that is, but it's good you did it.

Riestrella - Good luck with the JET program...maybe you'll hear something soon. My hubby does not like JM at all. My son was doing one of her workouts and DH was talking about her the whole time. It's pretty funny to me. LOL!

LindsB - Welcome back! I don't remember you, but I've been off and on for a while now. I've been back since the beginning of this month. Nice to meet you and hope to get to know you better.

Last edited by sgregg; 08-24-2011 at 12:04 PM.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hi Riestrella! Eating is horrid (had a run-in with an obscene amount of pastry last night), and exercise is fantastic, per usual. Will write out personals later. I've got a bunch of appointments and a social engagement to get to, but I'll fill you in! Thanks for thinking of me, and BIG HUG for your 174!!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #35  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Hi Ladies!

So this morning was NOT an Insanity morning lol! Hubby and I both slept until the LOs woke up haha! Still went to the gym and got a good workout in there, and will do Insanity after nap time is over (some days I wish it would never end lol!). So I am going to weigh in tomorrow for the 12 week challenge but I am worried because I am burning so much, OP with eating (and not doing too little cals) and it seems I amstuck. I haven't added that much so I am thinking it has to be water? I guess with working out so hard but I would think I should see some loss makes me frustrated!!! oh well sorry for the mini rant lol! The up side is I know I am in really good shape and it can only get better . Gotta stay positive! I will be nice to Shaun T today since it is "recovery" day for Insanity, which means I might just mutter under my breath instead of yelling at him haha! Okay so I am on an ipad and this thing is horrible for typing i will come back for more personals later tonight . Hope you all are having a great day!

HH4L-it will be okay, I am going through the same thing right now! It super frustrating but just think about all of the extra cals you would have to eat for that to be "real" weight. So it must be water or hormonal or whatever (I have to keep reminding myself!). Oh and yes I feel ver calm after vent all my frustrations at Shaun T, I think it has bren good for my marriage lol! Keep with it it will get better!!!!!!

Sgregg-hah 530 is not a good time lol! I don't like getting up but after I work out it feels good to know I have that workout out of the way for the day. YAY for the 1.2 lbs! Great job keep it up you will reach goal in no time! .

Last edited by munstermommy; 08-25-2011 at 12:42 PM.
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning!

today is so weird… I woke up about 45 minutes left this morning and my alarm was not on. I definitely remember turning it on last night, so I dunno if I turned it off in my sleep or what, but it was weird… my being late to work wasn’t a big deal, because it’s summer vacation and there are like, 3 people here, but still, I was “late” yesterday as well, and Tuesday there was a meeting that my school didn’t know about so it might’ve looked like I was late too. meh, anyhow, no one said anything. the weird thing is that I’m still so tired though…

another weird thing is that 8is was just pissing rain this morning! like typhoon weather! it stopped now, of course, but it sucked cuz I have to walk quite a long way to school. normally in the summer in Japan, it never rains. there is the rainy season in june, and then it’s hot and sunny and gross for two months, so this rain is so weird.

anyways, diet wise, I started my low-carb diet and was completely on plan yesterday, and I did my workout too. I weighed in at 80.8kg this morning and I was kinda disappointed. I dunno what I was expecting after only one day, but definitely something lower than that. meh. I guess it’s true that I dunno how bad the damage from my Tuesday night binge was since I didn’t weigh yesterday, but still. meh. I guess I’ll stick to it a bit longer and see how it goes though.

hope y’all have a good day!

rainbow: oh, ok, I see. yeah… you must be like a j-girl or something! they are just made so small and you see the before and after pics in diet adds that go, “I went from 61kg to 44kg!” and I’m just like 44, wtf?!? lol. congrats on the work victory though! I’m sorry dinner wasn’t ideal, but at least it made you realize that you need to be more careful!

Rie: weee! loss! sometimes you can see a weight drop when you don’t excersise for a day, cuz of the water retention from exercising… so rest day is good! and yay on your decision to do JET! good luck, and I’ll be your little cheerleader! haha.

Linds: hey! welcome back! leaving and not gaining anything is a HUGE achievement in my book! lol.

sgregg: yeah, age is just a number is the story of my life!! lol. my friend gave me a birthday card one time that said “remember, ageing may be inevitable, but maturing is totally optional!” and that’s become my motto. lol.

munster: no insanity this morning?! *shock!* I also overslept today… haha.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Hi girls! I've decided its time to get a new scale...nevermind the fact that I just bought that one back in June. I got on it this morning and it said 177.5 again...for the third morning in a row eventhough I weighed on the non-digital scale yesterday and it said 175. The last time I checked the two scales were right on. Well this morning I picked it up and changed it over to kg which of course meant nothing to me when I stepped on it. So I fiddled with it some more and switched it back to lbs and got on again and it said 176.4! Which is where I was last week at this time but its better than having gained a lb. Who knows what my actual weight is though...think I'm goin with the lowest number at 175! hehe

Anyways I've been in a much better mood yesterday and today than I was Monday. I'm so glad...I hate being in those moods and rarely am but sometimes its just unavoidable. (especially considering at some point we have to deal with men! ha!) I've still been doing pretty well as far as my eating and exercise go...even Monday I didn't stress eat which is a big improvement for me. Hopefully I'll see 174 by this weekend or early next week! If I don't I'm not gonna kick myself, though, cause I'm going out of town Fri. with a friend and have every intention of eating at Coldstone Creamery! And if any of you have ever been there, you know exactly how BIG of a bad word that is for this forum. I realize I shouldn't plan this ahead of time but I rarely go to this city and when I do, I splurge and go there.

Kawaii: Good luck with the new diet! Hope it turns out well for you! I figure I would lose more quickly if I cut out some of my sugars. I do try to watch my carbs somewhat, though. I sorta loosely follow this one diet program that I started back in March, the Food Lovers for Life system. In it, you're supposed to make sure you have one protein, one simple carb, and one complex carb at every meal. Well technically you can skip out on one of the carbs but must get the protein in and can't have two simple carbs for one meal....so no bread and potatoes with your meal. You're also supposed to avoid foods with sugar listed as one of the first 4 ingredients and eat only whole grains. Like I said, its pretty effective but I've been kinda lax on it lately. I'm gonna continue the way I have been for a little while but if I stop seeing loss, I'll probably buckle down and follow it more closely.

sgregg: Hope you had a good first day of school! Sounds like you have things under control as far as eating while there! Yay!

munster: LOL that's too funny what your husband said! If I were you, I'd probably have been laughing so hard I couldn't finish. I'm sure you'll see a loss with all of your hard work!

HH4L: I agree with munster....it's probably just water weight. I know it pisses you off when you see a higher number on the scale, though. Times like that I wonder why I weigh every day.

Rie: Congrats on hitting 174! Hopefully I won't be too far behind! And I think you'll have plenty of time to get thin by Feb!

LindsB: Hi! Good luck with the turbo fire! Let us know how it goes!

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #38  

bama: you really think a new scale would help? even if your scale is a few pounds off, it should always be a few pounds off. if you get a new scale and it says lower, it's not gonna be like an actual loss, you know? i'm glad you're in a better mood today though! but omg, cold stone = danger! make sure you have the smallest size, and maybe split it with your friend? but actually, yeah, i can understand... i'd never had it til about 2 months ago cuz we don't have them where i'm from, but there are some in Tokyo... oh boy!...

in other matters, i've been wanting to say this since yesterday... i think i should probably take my measurements, cuz my work clothes feel lose on me. not at the waist, but in weird places, like on the back of the tighs and stuff. it's so weird... i'm like, maybe my pants stretched? i wear the same ones almost every day cuz they're cropped and it's too bloody hot here but meh. i thought it could maybe be a sign of something good happening with my body, but it's weird because i don't look OR feel thinner. meh.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:22 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Riestrella Congrats on the weight! Sounds like your plans are confusing, but I like plans they make me feel good so I'm kind of jealous of yours, especially as they sound fun. As for working out... I used to be pretty good at keeping it between 3-5 half hour or hour sessions of SOMETHING each week and basically the last few months have been almost back to nothing... the sporadic walk here and there. But I'm back on it this week! Slow going, and has only been 2 half hour jogs so far...but it's a definite good start and I'm feeling better for it already.

Linds Hey! Welcome back! I'm only just recently (actively) returned myself - life definitely gets in the way sometimes! I like your goal, and turbo fire sounds pretty fun from what I've heard/seen!

sgregg Great loss! Yeah, tracking everything, especially at a restaurant, is RIDICULOUS, but I feel more in control now that I'm doing it again!

munster I know I keep saying it, but your dedication to exercise is SO great.

Kawaii Urgh, alarms, they frustrate me. I was nearly late today because I turned off my alarm rather than snoozing it - but I'm in a terrible habit where I set it for 40 minutes before I have to get up so I can snooze it for 40 minutes and feel like I'm sleeping in. I don't think it really works. Hah...44kg! That would be crazy. I'd like to see how I look at 55...and then maybe try for a bit more but it seems like such a low weight to me that I'm a little scared. Thanks for the work victory congrats! Sorry your weight didn't make you happier, but I say go for the measurements! I loved seeing the progress I made as inches came off, it was such a REAL way to see the changes.

bamagirl Scales are frustrating. And have the icecream! And don't feel bad about planning it in advance. I feel like in life, those are the types of things you should splurge on. It's not something you can have in your hometown, it's not something you'd eat every day or even every month, and it's not really that bad to have something decadent every once in a while! I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your splurge!

~I did another jog/walk today! Need to get my fitness level back up again, I miss being able to jog most of the way, now it's definitely half and half because of cramp in my ribs and just general fatigue. But I definitely feel so much better for getting more active again. And I'm finishing today on a much more acceptable calorie level so all is well!
Tomorrow is Friday so another challenge arises - not getting to Friday afternoon/evening and forgetting about counting. Which is what I normally do. Not literally forget, but just kind of stop. And start drinking alcohol, eating crap and you guys know how it is because I've described it before.

So this weekend I'm making it my goal to be totally accountable and more aware.

However...I just found out yesterday that they opened a Carls Jr. here in Auckland, New Zealand. This is craziness. We only have McDonald's, Wendy's, KFC and Burger King as the main fast food chains, and something that is so American is pretty foreign to us and I really want to go try it! But from what I've seen on the US website, it's ridiculous with the calories...so I might have to avoid it.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Good morning lovelies!

Kawaii- I am really happy to not have gained as well, but I think I often forget that it's a decent accomplishment! I've been down on myself lately, but it is getting better!

Rainbow- Hi! Trust me Carl's Jr. is not that great, but i'm also not huge on fast food. I say skip it

Yesterday was supposed to be my "rest" day for turbo fire, but I went ahead and did Thursday's workout so I can use Friday as my rest day since we are going to the Colts preseason game. I really hope that turbo fire keeps me in shape to run. I have to run for a work "corporate challenge" event that they put on in our city. That's a 5k and I'm also signed up for a 5 mile run at my favorite winery at the end of October. Only problem with these runs is that I won't be training much for them specifically since I am dedicated to turbo fire. I ran all summer and as long as I can get through the runs is all I really care about

Hope you all have a great day!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Heyyyyy.

I won't bore you with details. Same crap, different day!

......Eating crap, then eating more crap, but exercising like a rock star.
And then I repeat.

Had a lot of fun at a sporting event last night with friends, but ate my weight in snacks and had an unhealthy dinner.

However... I'm getting all of my training workouts in, and my jeans from college still fit. So this means, despite all my fixating, planning, vowing to change, etc etc .... I am exactly the same.

hmph! I'm starting to wonder how much of this is mind frame, after all.

munstermommy
-- Glad you had a good workout with hubby! You'll knock that Insanity out later in no time. How is the cereal scenario?

Kawaii-- I am just as frustrated as you. BAAHH! ok that feels better. hahaha. Don't ya hate alarm clock mishaps?! The worst! Let us know how the measurement thing/new diet goes!

HotHealthy-- Meeee too. What can we do to get ourselves refreshed, energized, and excited to be our best selves? Let's brainstorm.

Rainbow-- Congrats on the good work with your job! I'm so glad you found something that's enjoyable. Also, great work getting back into exercise. Carls Jr is gross, but I'm sure part of the fun for you NZ'ers is the novelty factor. But, like Linds B , I'm not a fast-food lover. Either way, keep us posted.

Bamagirl-- Hope you're liking the new scale! Cold Stone is a toughie, for sure. I say you just walk, walk walk after and enjoy that city you're visiting. Great work not stress eating! Wish I could say the same. hahahaha. Anywho, keep up the good work!

LindsB
-- Welcome back! I'm still here, also still trying to lose 10-15 lb. hahaha It's like time stopped... Bah. Must. re-light. fire. under. a$s. Let me know if you figure out how! Great to have you here again, though. The more support, the better!

Riestrella
-- OO what a big move that will be! Many fun adventures in store. Great work staying on track with your plan. PS-- I've got my longest run ever tomorrow... 9 miles! Eeep! I'll let you know how it goes. I should have PLENTY of stored energy since I've been eating like a crazy person.. hahaha.

Alright, it's gorgeous outside. I need to get out there and get stuff done and try to enjoy it!

I suppose there's no use fretting and being a crab about my decisions these past few days, weight, size, or any other physical feature I may decide to fixate on. It's not going to change in the next few hours. Just gotta man up, do my exercise, make an effort to make more choices that are caring toward myself, and try to smile.

Chat soon,
FPSJ

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 08-25-2011 at 10:16 AM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #42  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Okay ladies to finish the personals I started yesterday afternoon...

Kawaii-Haha I know I like to get Insanity out of the way and "zen" myself by getting out the frustrations lol! Oh well, got it done although it sucked because I was tired already lol! I'm sorry that you got rained on . That would not be fun and the alarm is an EVIL thing lol! I think I might hate those more than scales if that is possible lol!

Bama-YAY at least you know that your scale is being a punk and it's not you haha! I wish that I could check my scale for that problem...maybe I will if I don't see movement by next week hehe! I laughed pretty hard, I feel bad but I can't help making fun of DH a little bit when he does Insanity with me because he is in GOOD SHAPE (weight lifter, ex football player, etc.) and he can't keep up! Love it .

Rainbow-STAY AWAY FROM CARLS lol! My bro in law gained back like 20 lbs when he came home from a tour in Iraq because he ate it EVERY day since they didn't have it there lol! It is evil (they seriously have great cc cookies I found out-NOT good haha!). Great job on doing the walk/jog and don't beat yourself up about 50/50. You will get back in no time if you keep with it! I will always be super supportive of the exercise ! It will help so much with where you want to be on the rest of your journey I promise! I do love working out, it is seriously one of my favorite things to do (again, wondering if there might be something wrong with me lol!). I just love the feeling I get when I know that I have kicked a** and that I can do things that I know other people haven't even tried yet! It's a great thing, stick with it!

LindsB
-Do you like turbo fire? I have had some people ask me about it and I only know what I have seen on TV or online. I do Insanity and I get questions about which one they should do. I think it looks like a lot of fun! Have you thought about doubling up a few days a week on the Turbo Fire workouts and running, like maybe 3 days a week? I do that with Insanity now (I'm on Round 2) I run 4 days after I do the Insanity workouts because I have a couple of 5k and 10k races in the fall. Just a thought, you might still be able to do it! Keep it up, it sounds like you are on a great track !

FPSJ
-HAHAHAHAHA I made hubby eat the rest of the Lucky Charms so that I couldn't. However, hubby is a cereal lover and so is DS for breakfast and I counted boxes the other day (they MUST have variety which is killer) and we have 18 BOXES OF CEREAL IN THE PANTRY!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously that is beyond excessive. Luckily it was only the Lucky Charms that were tempting me (not sure why don't care about the other cereal) so now that they are gone I am not too worried about it. I had a protein shake with toast, fruit, and other things for after dinner snack the last couple of nights so it's working out better! You just need to get into a place where you view food as fuel perhaps? Food isn't there for fun, recreation, or to "taste good" but to fuel your workouts and your day to day needs? That is how I have taken it and it seems to be working much better for me (barring the whole LCs issue ). Maybe that sort of "mental outlook" change might help? Keep working you will do it!

Okay ladies sorry about the two day post. Couldn't get the laptop to connect to the Internet last night. Hit the gym this morning, hitting the "play" button for Insanity right now-oh Shaun T how I love to yell at thee . DS going to preschool later and grandma is going to pick him up and have him spend the night, which is good because I have soccer practice tonight (coaching, but I told the girls I would play with them tonight, so there is another workout coming-3 for the day going to be tired tonight lol!). I hope we are all having a good day, oh weighed in for the 12 week challenge and what did I see? 156.2 same as Sunday *sigh* lucky for me the Lucky Charms are gone now lol! Let's have a great day and make the rest of the week OP, kick a** for workouts, and fun! Luv ya ladies!

Last edited by munstermommy; 08-25-2011 at 12:41 PM.
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #43  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I got some time for some quick personals before i have to go to work! TGIF is all i can say. Going to go to the gym this avo, since i had such a horrific nights sleep last night for no reason whats so ever, I just couldnt bring myself to get up at 5am today. Saw Dylan Moran live last night- laughed until i hurt. Was awesome. And weight also going down! whee!

fatpants- at least you are exercising, and if you arent losing weight then at least your heart is happy well, happier right? I would say its almost 100% mindframe! You'll get there in the end. Just gotta keep trying i guess

rainbow- cramp in your ribs? why do you cramp in your ribs? do you mean you get lots of stitches? I think you want to go to Carl's Jr like you want a heart attack I dunno, my view is if i dont try these things then i cant crave them right? Do i really need another fast food craving? But i guess we shouldnt be afraid of trying them as treats.

kawaii- take measurements! its hard otherwise to know whats going on because we see ourselves every day xD

sorry i know ive missed people who replied to me but i have to go to work- more tonight!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #44  

morning all!

I’m so happy it’s Friday… so yeah, last night I didn’t wokout, AND I forgot to take my measurements… I was just so sleepy… BUT I was on plan with my eating, and this morning scale had gone down! I’m not counting it as a real loss til I break that 175 barrier though… cuz I never changed my ticker back even though my weight had gone up, eheh… but anyways, the new diet is going well, except I’m gonna have to find some breakfast alternatives, cuz I am just dying of hunger here… actually, in the book, the guy says he cooks veggies with the rest of his stuff for bk, but I just can’t be bothered in the morning, it takes too much time! do you have any suggestions? it can’t be fruit, or carbs…

rainbow: yeah, I can’t wake up without an alarm! at least this one runs on battery, so I’m not f*cked if there’s a power shortage… lol. I dunno what happened, I seriously must’ve turned it off in my sleep. lol. 55 doesn’t sound too bad! good luck! and congrats on your jogs! I know how hard it is to get back into the swing of working out… good luck for the weekend!

Linds: eheh, I tend to think the same way… but hey! yay for working out yesterday!

FPSJ: … well… at least your exercising, right? aaah, I forgot to measure! stupid me! I’m actually so tired this week, and when I get home I get into this zombie mode where I just eat, workout, watch Korean dramas and pass out. lol. then I wake up super tired again. wtf. new diet seems to be working good though! I’ll have to wait a bit longer for more accurate results, but I’m feeling confident!

munster: there is NOTHING more evil than the scale!!! although alarms, yeah, they suck too ; lol, one day, I hope you get to meet Shaun T in real life and tell him how much you love him. lol. sorry your weight wasn’t what you hoped, but you’re a trooper! it’ll go down!

icon:
yay, weight down! and all I can say is I hear you on TGIF!! I just wanna sleep for 3 days, lol!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #45  

Height: 5'9''

*Personal ramble coming first cause I'm inspired, will read and write personals afterwards*

I fell of the wagon...as many times before. But I decided to learn something. I did not had an instant epiphany but I'm contemplating about my real reasons to lose weight, some deeper questions about life in general, how I feel, what I can do and what I can't expect to happen at once, and a WHY behind all of it.

First thing I learned is a bit ironic - scale is crazy. I was on plan and 177lbs one morning. Than I was depressed and I binged and woke up lighter the next morning. I expected to be 180. That's funny and ironic. Scale is unpredictable and I shouldn't be annoyed about daily fluctuations.

Second thing is I do want to weigh-in daily, I think it helps me stay focused, motivated, would probably be usefull in showing patterns over long time. But I mustn't give too much meaning and power to what it says - it can act weird.

Third thing - I DO want to be on plan. I have a strange,strange pattern. It is hapening this summer and it also has been happening the last summer when I was attempting to lose weight - I go great one week - I lose 2-3-4lbs and than I have a bad week where I put 1-2lb back the next week,than I have a good week again. It's like my motivation lasts exactly seven days, then it burns out. And it takes me 7 days to gather it again, so I have a good week next Monday.
I DO want to be on plan. Maybe I just need to make a smaller plan. I can’t be perfect I am too far from it to ask for immediate perfection, but can be going in the right direction everyday taking small steps. I've been following the advice of setting big and challenging goals for yourself, and I'm failing. Maybe I should set smaller, more manageable goals. Well, actually, no - I want those BIG goals and I won't give up on them, but I should go towards them in a slower pace. In practice, I could go for 1lb of weight loss, instead off 2lb. I could start slower with exercising - do easier sessions and build up over time to stronger workouts. And maybe instead of 6 start with 4 or 5 sessions per week. I could not cut out all the bad things (cause, let's face it - bad stuff is almost all I eat), I can replace one thing over time - milk chocolate with dark, bigger bag of chips for smaller one, 2 cups of coffee for one.

¨¨¨¨to be continued, important phone call interrupted me¨¨¨¨
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote