Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Default **Weekly Chat - Aug. 8 - 14**

Good morning, folks! I hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was off plan but not too much. I didn't keep track in my food journal like I have been and I could totally tell a difference in my attitude about food. So, back to the grind today. My weekly weigh-in is tomorrow and I gotta have a good number on that scale!

Anyway, can't wait to get this week started and see some good numbers.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Good morning everyone! I'm looking forward to another week of weight loss! TOM's here and the scales have finally moved! I was confused a little last week cause like I told y'all I weighed exactly the same for 3 days. Munster, I thought maybe my scales were broken also so I even checked on another non-digital set of scales and they said the same. Anyways, I was down 1.3 lbs this morning! Woohoo! Hope everyone had a great weekend....I know I did. I didn't stay on plan really but I didn't totally pig out either which I'm kinda proud of. I didn't track calories either but I'm getting back on track today.

hotHealthy4Life: Thanks! I was leaning more toward the Ripped in 30 because I saw that it had 4 routines also but wasn't sure which video someone else who had tried both of them felt was better.

Hope everyone has a great Monday and I hope we'll all see some losses this week! Good luck y'all!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #3  

Bama - I'm glad that the scale finally moved for you! Yay!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #4  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Monday Ladies!
Ew, Monday . I am sad because I lost the hubby to work today lol! He works as an administrator in a school district and he had to go back to the office today, serious bummer lol! Oh well, got up, got the kids breakfast, clothed, and toys to play with and hit Insanity at 7:45am. Wow that's early for dealing with Shaun T lol! Today was the Max Plyo Interval...WITH THE POTATO CHIP COMMENT!!!!!!!!! Seriously Shaun T 7:45am is not an okay time to mention those d*** potato chips cause now I have been thinking about them all day crap! Haha! Oh well, Saw 157.6 on the scale yesterday which is great, but AF has yet to show her face! Seriously this is getting ridiculous, I mean really! Like I said I have taken 4 preggo tests over the last week and a half and all of them have been negative, plus the baby making machinery has been taken care of so I really don't think that's it. I was looking online for a definition of "excessive exercise" to try to figure out what that really means since that is what I am thinking is causing this issue? But there really isn't a definition, just that it means A LOT lol! So after looking into that I went to the gym, got the kids out of the house, and now am ready for some down time! I also have soccer practice tonight with my high school girls, so that will be super fun! I haven't played in about a week so I'm looking forward to doing it tonight! I hope everyone's week starts off great, AND THIS IS THE LAST WEEK OF ROUND 1 OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!! I only have 5 days left and then I am going to start Round 2 after a week "off" (start running/do some gym classes to switch it up). TTY all soon!

bama-OMG seriously lol!? I would have wanted to chuck the friend's scale too haha! YAY on the 1.3 down wooooohooooo! Keep it up!

sgregg-Keep working, and don't worry about an off plan day or two. Just jump back in and you will do great!

Last edited by munstermommy; 08-08-2011 at 04:06 PM.
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #5  
Turbo Jammer

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!
Not really new here, but rather returning. Fell off the wagon long ago and am just now getting myself back in the mentality of needing to lose weight. I am currently using the Turbo Jam videos and trying to eat better. I never eat breakfast and since eating far too much during the day. Being a teacher, the summer is hard for me when I have nothing to do (no luck finding part time work). I find I eat out of boredom more than because I am hungry. I have been horribly sedentary this summer as well.
Good luck everyone on their weight loss journey and I am looking forward to supporting you all!

Last edited by missamelissa; 08-08-2011 at 09:13 PM.
missamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #6  

Welcome back, missa! I'm looking forward to reading your posts of progress! I am about to start my senior year of college studying elem. ed. I'm already trying to think about what I'm going to do for my long days at school and at the elem. school where I'll be observing. I see lots of sandwiches in my future...lol!

Munster...my hubby goes back to work tomorrow. It doesn't make me sad though...I'm usually pushing him out the door so I can get some stuff done. Ha!

I have done pretty well today. I'm excited about my weigh-in tomorrow because I am confident I'll be lower than what I was last Tuesday. Now, I just have to survive the rest of this evening. I'm already feeling hunger pangs. I had a big lunch and I'm trying to resist the urge of eating anything tonight. I do have a few more calories left that I can use on a snack, so I may do that. Anyway, I gotta get DS in the bath and bed.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

heyoooo~

i'm back from Tokyo y'all! i had an amazing time... but of course now i'm super tired... lol. i'm kinda cranky cuz i was really good with food all weekend, i actually barely ate at all and was so busy, and the only thing was that i drank quite a bit on saturday night, but i was really expecting a loss, and i didn't lose any weight i think my body must just looooooove being fat cuz it just refuses to lose weight so much. lol.

anyways, today it's back to the grind, and i have to go back to working out, which i so don't feel like it after a 3-day break i did walk a lot though, but i guess it's just not the same...

sgregg: well, as long as you weren't too Off-P it should be ok hope you see a good number tomorrow!!

bamagirl, yay for the loss!! i'm always puzzled when i see you guys losing weight during TOM, cuz i get so bloated then i get heavier... lol. i guess i'm jealous! haha.

melissa, welcome back! i'm a teacher too, eheh (but in Japan!) and i totally eat out of boredom all the time... it sucks! you gotta make it mind-over-matter!!
munster, haha, i hate mondays too... thankfully i had the day off yesterday ooh, so TOM isn't coming? well, it could be the exercising and dieting... i know i've had it doing weird things to my cycle in the past. i'm a little bit worried about my period too cuz i stopped taking the pill last month, and i used to be really irregular before i started taking it, and now i'm kinda due to have it this week, but i don't know if i will, and i will probably be stressing about being pregnant until the next time it comes! lol. but your weight went down again, that's awesome!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

oh and btw, thank you all for your nice comments on last week's thread! i will try to not let the scale get to me so much!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Hey guys! Figured I'd get on here and post some personals tonight since I'll be going to work tomorrow and won't get to post in the morning like I usually do. Looks like we have lots of teachers on here. I'm a teacher as well...elementary ed. Last year I taught 2nd grade, this year because Alabama cut the education budget so much, I'm going to be an aide in high school. (=a very big cut in pay) The job itself shouldn't be so bad but I'm a little nervous about the high school part. Little kids I can handle. High schoolers....we'll see! I think I'm going to like it, though, and I know I really like my principal.

Oddly enough, I find myself doing better as far as exercising goes during the summertime--eventho it is miserably hot. I guess in the summer, I can't let myself have the excuse of being tired after a long day's work of chasing after kids. During the year, I can find excuses.

sgregg: Thanks! I was excited about the loss! Maybe the scale will be good to you tomorrow on your weigh in...good luck! And I hear ya about the sandwiches....I seem to rely on them quite a bit during school too.

munster: LOL I did kinda wanna throw some scales through the window after that! Sounds like you're doing really well on Insanity....I'm sure you're gonna see quite a bit of loss with it!

missa: Welcome back! Getting yourself back in the losing weight mentality is more than half the problem so you're on your way! I use to skip breakfast also and yeah, I'd get hungrier throughout the day and make poor choices when eating. Let's face it, I'm not gonna get up early enough to actually cook myself breakfast, so I started either grabbing some kind of cereal bar in the morning or drinking a protein shake and eating a piece of fruit. (If you don't wanna make your own shake, the Special K ones are pretty good) Anyways...looking forward to reading more of your posts and getting to know you....good luck on your first week back!

Kawaii: Apparently I lose during my TOM because I retain water like crazy the week before. LOL I know I'm not feeling near as bloated as I did last week or as cranky although I'm having stupid cramps...grrrr... Glad you had a good time in Tokyo! I know its a let down when the stupid scale doesn't move and you know it should be since you've been doing well. But if its getting close to your TOM, then that could explain why there's no movement on the scales. Dunno if I've mentioned this on here before (if I have just ignore this cause I know I've said it somewhere), but have you measured? Sometimes you can see a difference in measurements when you don't see a difference on the number on the scales.

Anyways girls, hope you all have a good day tomorrow! Have fun!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:28 AM   #10  

Height: 5'9''

Ugh....my scale's messing with me today! On Sunday morning it said 172.6lbs, then I cheated a bit - I didn't binge or stuff my face or anything like that- skipped the weigh-in yesterday, and today it says 174.0 lbs! Stupid scale! I'm annoyed...

Bamagirl congrats for the loss
MMommy only six days of Insanity left! I'm surprised you're not completely sick of it and you want to go for another round! Woot woot! Btw, have you ever hear of George St Pierre Rushfit? Just saw a good review for it on a fitness blog, it's also a hardcore 8 week long workout by a MMA artist..
Sgregg it's Tuesday already here, and I'm cheering for your good number
Kawaii just get trough that first workout and you'll feel like working out again!

And yeah, I also lose when TOM starts cause it's PMS that causes me trouble, when TOM gets in town it's a real relief for me.... Which reminds me, I'll start PMSing in a few days....blah... my scale better show some improvement before that!
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #11  

Good morning! I had a good weigh-in! Down 4.2lbs for the week! Woohoo! I'm still in the stinkin' 230's though...ugh! I have been in the 230's for over a year now and I'm sick and tired of them. I'm hoping to break that trend in the coming week. Anyway, 4lbs is so good. My goal is 2lbs a week, so I'll take 4 any day! I was expecting this week to be kinda higher anyway since I'm just now getting back into eating better.

hotHealthy - I hate the scale...especially a digital one. I'm so thinking about going to the standard. Maybe it's your approaching AF that's causing the gain. Hang in there!

Bama - good luck working at the high school. I would be nervous too but maybe it won't be so bad. I'm so tired of this teacher lay-off stuff. The government needs to realize that they have their priorities in the wrong order!

Kawaii - glad you had a good time in Tokyo! What do you teach in Japan? English? Do you think the fact that you didn't eat much and then all that walking may be causing water retention or something?

Okay, I'm gonna get off here and get my kitchen cleaned up. It's a mess from yesterday. I've been lazy...ugh...I hate cleaning. I'm so not a good house wife...haha!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Hi everyone! i've been on 3FC for a while but have never joined the weekly chat, but i figured i would this go round. i was just think yesterday as i was KILLING myself in the gym that it is really really hard to lose weight lol. I have to murder my poor body for an hour 5 days a week in the gym to lose a pound and to gain a pound all i have to do is sit on the couch and eat cheetos lol. so not fair! anyways i'm treaking on!

sgregg- lol i know what you mean about pushing the husband out the door, i cant do anything productive when hes around lol.

Bamagirl- congrads on your 1.3 lbs.i swear sometimes i think the weight falls off over night all at once.
Munster- the fact that you can do even 5 minutes of insanity makes you a hero in my book lol i tried p90x once i got through the warm up...then died lol

hothealthy-i say we protest scale!!! they are evil! lol
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #13  

Height: 5'9''

....ok....I screwed it up completely today. Well, no point to stress about it now. I was on plan for 8 days. Let me celebrate that. I know it takes months of commitment - actually a life time of commitment in order to maintain, but in the past I would usually quit when I fall for the first time, which would usually be after just 2-3 days on plan. Not now. I made a mistake and I plan to get up and just keep going tomorrow.
So, I'll log here every day.
I'll try to be on plan completely till the end of the week.
And I won't weigh-in till the weekend. My scale went up unexplainably this morning, I can only imagine what it would say tomorrow, if I step on it - so I won't.
This is important and I know I can do it.

A few words of encouragement please ladies... :/
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #14  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Morning Ladies!
So today has started off GREAT!!!!!! AF SHOWED UP THIS MORNING!!!!!! Sorry TMI for those who don't know of my issues recently lol! Tesserae thank goodness she was about 10 days late but at least she's here haha! So that makes me feel better. It must just be the weight loss over the last 6 weeks with the crazy exercise affecting it...oh well. So just finished Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs for today's Insanity training...just 4 more workouts left, I AM DONE SATURDAY!!!! Haha woohoo! Today with cramps and general TOM pissiness, Poor Shaun T was excessively yelled at haha! I think at one point I yelled "don't make me come in there"!!!! hehe!! So not making it to the gym today for the second workout since DS has open house for preschool and i have to go to the dentist for a check up . Maybe tonight if I feel chipper lol. Hope everyone's week started out well, and here's to a good loss this week, I am hoping for a whoosh since AF will be on her way out by weigh in. Haha .

Miss-welcome back! Yay for returnees! We will stay with you and good luck on this portion of your journey...keep working!

Sgregg-OMG I know what you mean lol! Sometimes i am like that too during the summer, he has been here too longhand I feel like i needm normal routine back lol since right now im a SAHM. That will change when i start teachingherei n a few years (i have a single subject credential for high school, biology, chemistry, health, and physical education). I agree teacher lay offs are ridiculous! How so they think our country is going to survive if our children aren't getting the best educations possible? My hubby and I marvel at this...it sucks lol!

Kawaii-YAY you're back! Woohoo on a good time on your trip! I'm glad that you maintained while you were there good job! Getting back into working out is tough after a few days off but you can do it! I hate being a girl when it comes to TOM because seriously it's a crazy stressor lol! I'm sure your will come on time...keep working hard you will get where you want to go! I will ALWAYS encourage more working out lol so maybe a little extra of that will give you a little edge? Keep it up!

Bama-I'm so sorry about your job, I know how that is my hubby and I are both in education, he is an administrator at a high school and I do secondary sciences. High school is my favorite (I'm the opposite of you lol) and i think you will do fine. I hope you can get back into regular teaching here soon! Keep working hard on the healthy life front and you will be great! And yes, Insanity has been good for loss, it's how I've lost 11 lbs in the last 7 weeks. I love it hehe!

Hh4life-poo poo for the scale! Haha I think we all have those days/weeks where we just want to chuck it through a window haha! So i say just wait a few more days to weigh, maybe water retention or something else, and keep working! Yay just 4 more days! Haha, surprisingly I am not sick of it, I totally love the workouts! They are so hard core! Thanks for the tip on that other workout i have to check it out!

Jackie-losing weight is unfair lol! I wish that we could all just imagine the body we want and poof! It would happen haha! Insanity is tough but it's not too bad, now that I am almost done lol! I have p90x but haven't decided if I am going to do it or not yet .

All right ladies went to the dentist and got a clear bill of tooth health for another month yay! Also went to DS preschool open house and it was awesome! So time to relax during nap time one before dinner time and maybe hitting the gym later! Hope you all have a great day, let's kick some mid week a$$ ladies!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey all!

Sorry that I haven't got time for personals. I have a a crap-ton going on this week!

However, I am on track with workouts and have been somewhat "ok" with eating this week. One or two moments of mindless emotional eating, but no crazy huge binges or anything.

Will keep you posted and updated asap. Thanks everyone!

-FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote