Old 08-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

yoooo!!

good news this morning!!! scale went down!!! it's a tiny tiny mini baby loss, but i don't care, it's down! lol. 79.2 this morning oh and i worked out again last night, so i feel quite proud of that too, although i'm a bit sore this morning, eh. was the first day of level 2 of the 30DS, and i'm quite happy cuz it's my first time reaching it in MONTHS! i would always give up before getting there before, eheh... oh and also, even though it's harder than level 1, i much prefer level 2 because there is so much less jumping around... and i guess the moves are just easier for me to do... i dunno. like, i'm still crying during the workout but at least i can do it! lol.

today should be a slow day... nothing to do at work. two more days and then it's the weekend! yay.

bamagirl, you should come teach in japan! it's so easy, and the pay is much better! lol. i'm the opposite of you though... give me high-school kids any day, but elementary?? haaaate! lol. i love kiddies, but i just can't handle having to teach them!! lol. yeah, i always find it's easier to diet during a vacation when you're not tired from work all the time... keep it up! oh and yeah, i bought a measuring tape last week and took my measurements! it's a bit too early to check for anything, i think, but it should cheer me up if i'm still plateau-ing in a month or so

HH4life: oh no! i hate that! but it's been doing that to me all last week so i understand.... and yeah, got back into that first workout, now i can do it! oh noes!! sorry to hear you didn't do well today... but it's just one slip up! you can get right back up! don't worry! it happens to all of us at one point or another... it's just important to not give up!

sgregg:
wow! 4lbs! omg! how are you losing weight so fast?! lol. congratulations. yeah, i teach english here. i've been here 3 years. it's pretty awesome! hmm... i don't think it's water retention, but whatever... i'm not giving up!! lol. i hate cleaning too... i have a big massive pile of dishes waiting for me at home... lol.

jackie, welcome! yeah i know, it's so frustrating when you feel it's not moving and you would be getting the same results just eating crap anyways... but we can't give up! eventually it's gonna move!!

munster, glad to see you're so positive as always, and yay for AF showing up! lol. yeah, now i'll be waiting for mine. lol. actually, i think i miscalculated and i'm due next week and not this week. but i got a feeling it's gonna be all over the place since i stopped taking the pill... probably gonna end up just starting again cuz it's such a pain... *sigh* you're right, i would probably lose more weight if i worked out more... but even doing the amount i'm doing now is SUCH a pain for me!! lol.

FPSJ, no binge day is a good day! chin up!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Kawaii - Yay for the scale being down! A loss is a loss! I only lost that big of a number because 1. I have a lot of weight to lose and 2. I just got back on track after being off track for about a year, so I'm sure a lot of that was just water weight. I don't drink nearly enough water and when I start drinking more it comes off fast.

munster - We could just go on and on about the importance of a good education. What I don't understand is how students are supposed to get a good quality education if they are stuffing 30 in one classroom with just one teacher and barely enough room to move around. Anyway, don't get me started, I will definitely be on a soapbox for a long time with that. When will your DS start preschool?

hotHealthy - Don't worry about it. Tomorrow is always a new day. And yep, 8 days is better than 7 or 6! You are fine! No one is perfect and we all mess up.

jackie - Welcome! Glad to have another weekly chatter!

As for me, well, I have totally blew my diet today. Went out to eat with a friend for lunch and dang, we got frozen yogurt...that just messed me up. Haha! Then for dinner, me and family went to this little Italian place in Tupelo and ate pasta. I KNOW I went over today. But like I just said to hotHealthy, tomorrow is a new day and thank goodness it is!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Hey girls! Glad to see everyone's doing so well! Got on the scale this morning and it was the exact same as yesterday...*sigh* Oh well...at least it wasn't a gain! And I know I didn't drink nearly enough water yesterday. Hoping for a better number tomorrow...and better yet, Friday. Didn't exercise today cause I've been running all over the place. Plan to make up for it tomorrow though!

hotHealthy4Life: Thanks! I was excited! And don't worry about your mess up today, just get up in the morning with the attitude that you'll do better and stay on plan. Everybody messes up...even those who've posted their pics on the goals section. As for me, I have to let myself cheat sometimes, or I know I'd just completely give up.

sgregg: Congrats on your loss! That's awesome! I would be ecstatic! And you're right...the government does have their priorities all screwed up. It's extremely annoying...but what can we do? Other than make sure we don't vote for the same idiots again. (really referring to AL's governor...he's not my favorite person)

jackie: Thanks! Welcome to our weekly chat! You're right...it is very hard to lose weight! I've literally been working my tail off! I have absolutely no problem gaining weight either...that's sickeningly easy to me. It's so not fair! But oh well...I guess anything worth having is worth working for! And we just have to remind ourselves of how hot we'll look and how much better we'll feel when we get to goal!

munster: Thanks...I was really upset about the job loss at the beginning of the summer (one of my major causes of stress). Now, I'm looking forward to being where I am. I keep reminding myself of the good points to it: I have a job. I get state benefits including a year toward retirement. I'm working with one of my best friends. But I'm hoping to find a teaching job real soon.

Kawaii: I've actually thought about teaching abroad...but I think you have to have 3 years teaching experience first. I haven't taught for 3 years yet. I dunno if I could, though! To say that I've never been that far away from home for so long is an understatement! Who knows...I might get tired of all of this at some point and just go ahead and decide to do it, though.

Anyways...good luck with staying on plan tomorrow everyone! I'm hoping to see a difference on the scale tomorrow. Here's to hoping!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #19  

sgregg: the water thing gets me too... i can't drink too much cuz i have an over-active bladder (sorry TMI) and as soon as i drink a little bit more than normal, i'm going to the bathroom every 30 minutes or so... what a pain! lol. oooh, well i was gonna say that frozen yogurt is not too bad, but pasta... *(imagine my intimidating teacher face here)* oh well, what's done is done. as long as you get right back on the horse tomorrow, all should be well!

bama:
i'm sorry you didn't see a loss today... maybe tomorrow! oh and for teaching abroad, you totally don't! i came straight out of uni! most people aren't even certified teachers, they're just native speakers! that's all you need! only to be native and have a university degree... easy peasy
Old 08-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #20  

Hey guys! Newbie here! Looking forward to posting here, really want to get my workout regime on track

This is random but since I managed to hit my weight loss goal recently I've decided to treat myself...to a whole new load of makeup! Figure I should get a new look to match my 'new' look Anyone got any favourite brands that work really well? I normally just go for maybelline but want to go for something that's a slightly higher quality.
chantistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Welcome, Chantistars! Looking forward to your posts and getting to know you a little better. I'm not big on wearing makeup so I can't help you there. Have you tried watching makeup reviews on youtube?

Kawaii - I looked up the amount of calories on that frozen yogurt and they were all over 100 calories for 1/2 cup of yogurt...so, yes, that's bad in my book. LOL! And thanks for getting on to me...I need it. haha!

Bama - I hope you see a loss soon and yes, being the same is definitely better than a gain.

My focus for today...water, water, and more water. I have got to get in these 8 glasses and stick with it!

Last edited by sgregg; 08-10-2011 at 09:12 AM.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #22  

Height: 5'9''

Crisis still here...
And it's definitely PMS fault - I'm craving salt like crazy.
But hear this: I finally reached for that potato chips, had the whole bag,than had some chocolate, added all my calories for the day- and I still ate only about 1300kCal. Which got me thinking.... Have I been eating too little? I haven't logged my calories at myfitnesspal these days, I just guessed, but I definitely ate less than today.
And how much should I eat anyway if I need to reach 1700-1800kcal in order to lose 1.5lbs per week while exercising 45mins 6 times a week (according to MFP)... Guess there is still many things for me to learn....
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Ugh...gained a little today but I'm not letting it get me down cause I knew coming in to this weighing every day thing that somedays I'd show loss and somedays I'd show gain. I ate right before I went to bed last night so that's probably the reason. Even healthy food that late is bad. The stupid thing is that if I had been by myself I wouldn't have eaten that late but I was with my brother and cousin and they decided they wanted to go to Taco Bell at 11:30. I didn't get Taco Bell but I was hungry and smelling the food was too tempting.

Anyway today I plan to workout more and continue with it. I'm going to wal-mart to buy one of the Jillian Michaels dvds. Gonna stop talking about it and just do it! I've also gotta start drinking more water! It's just not easy for me.

In other news, my friend introduced me to a guy this weekend. Those things rarely work out for me cause for some reason my friends do not know what kind of guys I'm interested in/attracted to. This time was different though. He was funny, nice, and hot! Really hoping something works out there...fingers crossed! Sorry I know this isn't a forum to gush about guys but hey! It's what's happening with me this week!

chantistars: Welcome! Congrats on hitting your goal! And makeup is an awesome way to reward yourself! I happen to be a makeup whore (not that I wear all that much at a time I just like makeup quite a bit) so let's just see....I would say the brand would depend on what you like for your makeup to look like and how much you wanna spend. Personally, I like my make up to look natural. I mean its ok that people know I have it on but I don't want them to think "d*mn!" when I take it off. I like Everyday Minerals. They have a powder mineral foundation that I like and also really pretty eyeshadow and blush colors. Their prices are pretty good, too. The foundation is $13 and it lasts me for almost a year. Only problem is, unless you know a place that carries that line where you live which there isn't any around here, then you have to order it on the internet. They have really good descriptions but I didn't find my right shade until I went into a store that had it. Bare Escentuals also has good make up but they cost a little more than Everyday Minerals. I just ordered me some Mary Kay luminous foundation, though, cause I went to a Mary Kay party and tried it. It made my face look flawless and not shiny but glowing. Didn't feel heavy on either. Their mascara is awesome too. The foundation was $20 and the mascara $15 just to give you an idea. Clinique has really good makeup that works for most skin types. Sometimes they have a bonus where you get free products after you spend a certain amount of money. Then of course there's MAC, NARS, and Urban Decay on the higher end. I've never used MAC or NARS cause I'm a little too cheap for that. I've heard good things about their products, though. And I know if you like a more dramatic look, the girls at the MAC counters always look really awesome. I just couldn't pull of that much makeup without looking like a clown myself. The only thing I've tried from Urban Decay is some eyeshadow primer which I loved. There are others I've seen at ULTA also, but I've never tried them.

Haha...obviously I can talk about some makeup!

Kawaii: Wow...I didn't know that! Thanks for the info! I might look into it soon. Was it not scary to go to a foreign country where you didn't know anyone though? Also I wouldn't know any of the language!

sgregg: I hear ya on the water....that's my main goal for the day also! Good luck with it!

HH4L: I still have a lot to learn also. I've looked back over my tracking some days and realized that I wasn't eating enough either. That might be why I've slowed down on losing lbs too. The closer I get to goal, the harder I'm having to work! I've bookmarked a website that I found or someone on here recommended (?) that not only gives you a recommended amount of calories a day but also a 7 day calorie zigzag in case you've hit a plateau. I understand the reasoning behind the zigzag but I know for awhile I thought the less you ate, the more you lost.

Anyways ladies...gotta get up and go find something for breakfast. Hope all of you have great days!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Kawaii- Awesome and congrads on the scale movement! i know that always feels great!

Hot4- dont give up girl! i've messed up to many times to count but im still going strong. my words of wisdom is to take it one day at a time. know that no matter how many times you mess up if you stick with it in the long run the weight will come off. i was stuck at 170 for 2 months becuase i quit going to the gym but now i'm back in it and have lost another 2 pounds!

munster- p90x is the devil! lol that tony just kills me!

well the scale went down again this morning 168.4 i have a goal i will be 160/161 by sept 10 if it kills me! were haveing a big party with a giant inflatable slide. those things are awesome! when i get around 150ish i'm going to post pics for the first time! i'm very excited about my future goals1 and like everyone else i will be drowning myself in water today lol
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #25  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Morning Ladies!

So this morning hubby went back to work, which meant he was up at 5:50am, which was a killer for me because that means that I am up too (I am a super light sleeper lol). So I decided to get up and get Insanity out of the way. Today was Max Interval Circuit, 59 minutes of grueling, grunting, sweating, swearing, panting, and cursing INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby was getting ready for work and coming in every 10 minutes asking "Are you done yet?" I was like "I wish!" haha! I swear I think Shaun T is trying to shrink my a$$ in 1 hour with that workout down to nothing lol! I was ready to become a puddle of panting disgusting swear on the floor and he's like "okay just one more circuit" I'm like WTH????!!!!! Are you serious???!! HAHAHAHAHA I must be sick because I love the feeling of total muscle fatigue with pushing just another 5 minutes lol! So that was great, then went to the gym with the kiddos and did sprint intervals (9-11.5 mph on the treadmill) for 25 minutes wow that REALLY SUCKED haha! So, today I feel better since AF got here, and I am hoping that weigh in on Sunday gives me a good number since this is the last week of Insanity round 1. I am hoping to see a 156.something but we will see! I hope all of you have a great day, and woohoo closer to the weekend!!!!!!!!!!

FPSJ-Keep it up woman, you can do it! Good job on eating, keep us posted on what is going on with weigh ins, and how you are feeling!

Kawaii-YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS on the scale moving woohoo !!!!!! Great job . I know I was super happy when AF got here haha, I never thought I would say that! I hate trying to calculate, it worries me lol since I am not super exact regular normally, just about 28-30 days which was why I knew something was weird . I know working out can be a pain, but eventually you get to a point where you crave the adrenaline and it feels great! You can do it!

sgregg-DS starts preschool here on the 16th. He had so much fun yesterday, and it is a REALLY good preschool. We have been on the waiting list for the last 2 years (they have programs that start at 2) and just got in this year, so yay! I know I could too go on but it makes my head hurt lol! Oohhh pasta is my total downfall, I love it! No worries like you say, just get back on today and you will be great!

bama-I will keep sending teaching vibes your way since I don't need them for myself right now lol! I hope this year works out for you, it seems like there are some positives to the job although it isn't ideal. Keep working and it will work itself out. YAY on getting JM!!!!!! You can do it, stick with it and I promise you won't regret it! Working out is the best way to get in tune with your body and you will love yourself for it I swear! The water thing can be difficult if you aren't used to it, but just set small goals, i.e start with 32 oz a day and increase by 8 oz each week, or something along those lines. Trust me you will feel so much better, and you will lose more too!

chantistars-Welcome! YAY for getting more into working out! What are you thinking of doing? Anything is great and for sure trying new things will keep you interested in staying OP with working out! Keep us posted on how your journey is going .

HH4life-try splitting those 1700-1800 kcal into 5 small meals: breakfast (300), snack (250), lunch (400), snack (250), dinner (500). This is what I do. I am NEVER HUNGRY I am telling you it's awesome. Try and get those calories from protein rich/fiber dense foods, and I am serious you will see loss like crazy! It really works and I never feel deprived or like I am starving or anything.

jackiedavis87-HAHA about him killing you! If you haven't read other chat threads I am constantly berating Shaun T (the Insanity trainer) during workouts. Calling him names and yelling at him helps me get through the workouts lol! I don't know I put in the plyo DVD for p90x today and it seemed boring/easy, I don't know if I will do it or not but we shall see! Great job on the scale moving, keep up the awesome work! You are doing so well, keep posting and let us know how you are doing!

PS-when I went to the gym today I had my body fat measured, it's about 22.5-23.5%. Before I got preggers with DD it was 19%, so not too far off! I am hoping to get down to 20% after this next round of Insanity, plus another 19 lbs! So woohoo not too far away! Have a great one ladies!

Last edited by munstermommy; 08-10-2011 at 04:39 PM.
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #26  

oh wow thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

bamagirl thanks for the great advice! i do like my makeup natural sometimes but i'll admit i'm a total girl, i love having a little pop (especially if i'm going out!) thanks for the eyeshadow and blush recommendations, i've only just started wearing eyeshadow (but stuck with a boring brown atm) and i really want to branch out to blush again. i do like the look of nars and mac eyeshadow (love all the different colors!) but there's so many different ones it's hard to choose. guess i need to get off work and spend some serious time trying them on

munster in england i was doing weightwatchers and joined a really good zumba class that i went to a couple of times a week! that and going on the treadmill daily really helped me to see some good results. i've just moved to japan now (like 2 weeks ago) so i'm going to be looking for a new way to excercise...might need to order some workout dvds.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #27  

hey guys,

so i am proper cranky this morning... i am SO tired and there is basically no reason why since i went to bed very early last night. i ache all over from working out, even though i really shouldn't cuz it's like the 2nd day in a row after my mini-break, and i ate on plan and all that and then i weighed this morning and scale said 80.0. WTF?!?! i know that must be like crazy water retention cuz my muscles hurt so much, but still, not really what i want to see first thing in the morning when i feel like this in the first place. *sigh*

today i am alone in the staffroom all morning cuz all the other teachers have meetings out of school. and THEN they have a volleyball game somewhere, that i have ZERO interest in, but i have been "asked" to go, so there is no way out of it. i will not be playing and i have been asked to play "cheerleader". let me tell you. at my school people basically only talk to me if they have to, and no one ever makes any effort to include me in anything, so it just feels a bit fake, and i ****ing don't wanna go. *sigh* oh and also we'll be having lunch at a chinese restaurant, apparently, and i'm cranky it's just gonna mess up my diet.... meh. i guess i'm just in a bad mood today.

chantistar: hi! and welcome! so jealous you are at your goal already, but i think it's awesome you still wanna workout and keep at it. MAKEUP! you have asked the right person... personally, i am in love with MAC. it's basically the best balance between price and quality and it stays on really well throughout the day. they should hire me as their sponsor, really.

sgregg: oh, well 100 cals don't sound to bad to me! lol. unless you were gonna eat a lot of it?

HH4life: you're about the same weight as me, so you should probably be eating around 1400 calories a day, but anywhere between 1200 and 1600 if you wanna cycle. hmm... well you know, i try to stay away from those foods because once you start eating them, it just makes you wanna eat more! so it's not surprising you ate chocolate after too... anyways. hang in there! tomorrow is a new day and you can do better!

bamagirl: yeah, weighing everyday is kinda evil but we just can't help it, eh it's probably not real gain anyways and well done for not eating fast food! oooh, and do gush about guys! we used to do a lot of it last winter before i dissappeared into the land of donuts and chocolate cakes... as for the Japan question, i came with the JET program, which has a huge support network so i didn't have to deal with the "going in not knowing anyone part". also i have very LITTLE japanese ability when i first came here, and yeah, that was kinda hard, but you learn to deal with it. i'm still nowhere near fluent, but at least i can do most things on my own. besides, you will generally find people who are willing to help you with more difficult stuff... either coworkers or friends you make, so i wouldn't worry about that to much. i mean, it IS scary, but it's great fun too.

jackie, congrats on the loss! a big party sounds like an awesome way to reward yourself!

munster, how does insanity work exactly? is it a different workout everyday?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #28  

kawaiicandie no way you're on the jet programme too?? i'm at work right now, obviously 'working' very hard. glad to hear another user recommend mac, i will definitely look into that one. do you use mac for everything? like eyeliner, blush, eyeshadow etc eek now i cant wait to go shopping this weekend, at least it's thursday.

also yeh im at my goal but i kinda cheated and joined the forum after i reached my goal (but i have an excuse, i only just found this forum!)

i've heard so much about the 30 day shred video i think i might order those first. any workout that i can do at home will be great since i can't go to my beloved zumba classes anymore
Old 08-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #29  

chanti, are you as well?! haha! that's so funny... actually, there were two more girls who used to be on here, but they've gone back home now... whereabouts are you? I'm in shizuoka. yeah, i'm working very hard right now. there is like NO ONE in the staffroom... lol.

i ordered 30DS from amazon.jp, the american version and i watch it on my (Canadian) computer. it was like 1000yen or something. totally worth it!

as for make-up, if you REALLY wanna get into it with me, you're gonna regret it! i have waaaay too much makeup, pretty much all high-end, cuz i used to work in cosmetics back home i use mac for all "make-up" stuff... for skin products (like creams) i tend to use other brands like Lancome or Biotherm or body shop (cuz i can get it in japan). but yeah, foundation, blushes, eyeshadows, eyeliner, i use all MAC. my one exception is the Lancome "hypnose" mascara, which is the best mascara in the whole world (and is ridiculously expensive in japan....) also sometimes, i buy stuff from the cheapie japanese brand "canmake". it's pretty good for a cheapie brand, just doesn't have the lasting power as MAC does. ooh, but talking about MAC though, they only have store in the "big" cities in Japan. like Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka... there's one in Shizuoka as well... but there isn't one in my town. sadness. also, they cost more here than back home, which is so lame. but the quality is so good. i especially love their gel liner, which will STAY ON even in the crazy japanese humidity...
Old 08-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #30  

Height: 5'9''

Hey, I see everybody is doing well! Which is motivating
Munster... you are really, really my workout idol! And I have nothing more to say, I'm jealous of your stamina! But I'll get there one day!

Bama I know how you feel with those ups and downs.... just hang in there, be strong! Be my role model trough these difficulties

Sgregg thanks for the support! Hope you're having a great day!
Jackie thanks, your words really lifted me! Looking forward to seeing your progress

Chantistars
, don't know where you are from, but if you can get a grip on Inglot in your country I suggest you try their eyeshadows. They are insanely good, cheaper than MAC and also have a very big range of shades.
Kawaii, I'm also a make up junkie About calories, we are the same weight, but I'm 5 inches taller....I am still confused about this, but the last time I was 1200-1400kCa I dropped weight like crazy, but at that time I went from normal weight 65kg to 60kg, over one month and that's where my troubles started, cause after that I started binging and eventually got to 85kg /187lbs which was my highest That's why I'm a bit reluctant to go low on calories.....

Last edited by hotHealthy4life; 08-11-2011 at 05:24 AM.
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote