3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I've fallen.....hard (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/240287-ive-fallen-hard.html)

ShellydeFlores 08-08-2011 12:45 AM

I've fallen.....hard

I've been stalled for about .....5 months now. I lost 50 pounds and now I am basically just maintaining. I got a bit too much of an attitude I think. My confidence sky rocketed and my social life seemed to blossom overnight. I have been going out almost every weekend...the food hasn't been that bad but the drinking has. While I do my best to try to work off the excess calories, I just can't seem to get my regime back. Its driving me crazy!

I've been seeing a new guy and he loves to drink. While I don't believe he would expect me to drink, or be disappointed that I wasn't, I feel like I'm so boring without alcohol. I'm not going to let that be my excuse and I won't be drinking nearly as much, if at all for awhile, but I'm afraid that with my new social life everything has been driven around alcohol. I haven't had an active social life like this in several years being that I let me weight get in the way of my life so its soooo difficult to let this go!

I need, desperately, to get back on track and I need someone to give me the best advice there possibly could be. I am desperate to hit a goal by the end of the year that I was suppose to have done by October----really not even close!

PLEASE!

my2cats 08-08-2011 12:59 AM

I can completely sympathize with this - I recently started going out more often with friends and coworkers, and it's been a blast, but even doing it once/twice a week I've really had to struggle to fit in the calories.

I wouldn't give up your new life since it seems to make you happy - and I don't think you have to stop drinking (unless you have trouble controlling it once you start) - but just plan ahead how much you can have and pace yourself while you're there with that in mind. I find I can still have a good time with just a couple beers. What really gets me is bar/pub food! I'll end up nibbling on random appetizers that I didn't even order but that I'm sure have a million calories.

ShellydeFlores 08-08-2011 01:06 AM

YES! The bar food. I don't order it myself but its very hard to turn down when a large group of friends orders everything you could possibly imagine would spread your @ss across the length of the bar. I've learned to do quick strong drinks that get me my buzz--because really whats the point of drinking if you aren't looking for a buzz--but my alcohol tolerance has become so high. I have a friend who is a recovering alcoholic and he has mentioned to just stop drinking for two weeks and then go out again. That's all it takes for one drink to hit you harder than before. I'll give that a try. I need to start back up on my South Beach again anyway so I'll have even more of an reason to turn down bad stuff.

LGW 08-08-2011 01:53 AM

rum and diet coke is my new drink ....do a google search for low-carb alcoholic beverages...having said that...please drink in moderation :)

ShellydeFlores 08-08-2011 02:15 AM

Yes, whiskey is generally my drink of choice. Whiskey sours have been my staple lately but, of course, sour mix is high in sugar.

Have any of you gotten really off track and were able to get back on? I'm not so much worried about the alcohol anymore. I mean, if it levels out my social life for awhile then I'm willing to risk not drinking as much or at all. What I am more concerned with is getting myself back on track. I still have about 90 pounds to lose and I was really hoping to do that by my birthday...well that was the plan as of 5 months ago. Now, I have 7 months to do that....ugh!

ShellydeFlores 08-08-2011 02:24 AM

Brown--by the way, excellent article! Thanks for sharing!

KawaiiCandie 08-09-2011 09:25 PM

hey! i can understand that!

i usually try to avoid going out too often because the calories from drinking are just evil. usually though, if i do, i stick to gin tonic and kamikaze. they're both pretty low-cal as far as drinks go, and kamikazes are REALLY strong so i only need a few, haha... beer is evil, stay awaaaaay!!!