Old 08-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Munster: I feel ya with naptime. I love my kiddos but I also love my me time! lol. Sounds like you are working your butt off! Are you doing the 90-day exericse challenge? It's deff. keeping me on plan and sounds like you'd be good at it! haha. Enjoy yourself swimming!

Bama: Thank you so much for saying I'm an inspiration it means so much too me! Sorry for the PMSing I hope it comes and goes for your fast! And for the 3 lbs in 3 weeks? Don't be so down on yourself. That is really good and better than not losing anything

HotHealthy4Life: I hope you get your workout in today!!

Kawaii: Is this your first time doing 30DS? How do you like it? This is my 3rd time doing it and I feel like I lose the most weight and feel stronger after completing it thats why I continue to do it! hahaha. Tomorrow will be Day 5 Level 1 for me

Welp Ladies..I'm still truckin it! Slowly but surely. My triggers have been happening between lunch and dinner, therefore I have been eating small snacks in between lunch and dinner and then a small snack after dinner! This morning I was 135.2. Down .4 from yesterday. Now I know I'm losing pretty fast because TOM is here and thats when I lose a lot of weight plus I'm back on schedule working out and eating good so I'm sure I have a lot of water weight due to the bad foods I was eating befores. But hopefully the streak won't stop until I drop back down to 130 Doubtful though.

Hubby gets off work here in 45 minutes and I'm about to start cooking dinner. We are having chicken (cooked on the george foreman grill), green beans, and low-fat macaroni & cheese. My hubby also mentioned going to get icecream later on so I made room in my calorie-range for some low-fat vanilla cone from McDonalds..not the best snack but atleast iti's in my range.

Everyone seems to be doing great and I can't wait until we all get to our goal weights!!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

ok guys, i actually have a lot to say to you all, but i will do personals later (possibly at lunch) cuz i am running so laaaaaate!!! i miscalculated time cuz of doing time this morning and now i only have 20 mins to get ready! wah!!! but i wanted to log on and RANT cuz i feel it will be better for my sanity...

so last night i didn't work out, and it's all my fault... basically i thought i would see a loss on the scale if i didn't (cuz i retain water when working out) and i thought i would be sore for my morning workout, blah blah, now i'm just mad at myself. this morning i stepped on the scale, and saw 80.0!! i just wanted to cry!! (actually, i did a bit.) look at what happened this week.

monday: 79.4
tue-wed: 79.6
thur: 79.8
today:80!!!!

wtf?!?!! i have been super on plan, working out more than i ever have, eating less than i ever have, and it's going UP!!!! it's hard not to feel discouraged... and i have a big day today and i feel like it's just killed my good mood. now after a shower i feel a bit better and gonna try to turn things back around so i still have an awesome day, but it sucks so bad...

please gimme love!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 181/177.5/130

Okay everyone, I'm just about to get ready and head to the gym. I feel a lot better than I have been for the past few days and I'm ready to burn a lot of calories!! I'm really pumped to workout today, and that makes me really happy! I'm also down to 177, which is a loss of 4.5 lbs so far! Another 2 lbs and I get a pedicure! Yay! Anyone else out there have a full time desk job? I try and stretch a lot, and whenever I need to bend to pick something up, I try and do a squat instead. Any other tips??

JL: Congrats on 135.2! I'm jealous of how many dancing carrots you have in your signature!! Good luck on reaching 130!

amy: Wow, that's really great how you were able to do so well with all that tempting food around! If I were at a party catered by my favorite BBQ place, there's NO WAY I'd be able to stay away. I think that's just too much of a temptation. And it's great how you were able to sneak in a bit of an uninteded workout. I love when that happens!

FPSJ: I have no idea how you work nights! I was just up in Yellowknife, NWT (very far north!) and it was light outside when I was trying to sleep (I woke up at 11pm and 3:30am and it was light out at both times) and it drove me crazy. I love when I'm able to go to a restarant and enjoy it and not feel guilty about making bad choices afterwards. Enjoy your weekend off!!

Kawaii: I'm not a morning person either, and getting up to work out in the morning is super hard, but I love how unusually awake I am when I get to work. It helps me get started when I get there instead of my usual staring at the computer for 20 mins before I can wrap my head around my work. For me, getting up is only hard for the first 5 minutes I'm awake. After I am walking around the house for a few minutes I'm wide awake! But that first 5 mins sure is a b!tch!! And don't worry about it, it's only .6 of a pound. You'll lose it in no time!! Especially if you've been on plan the whole time!

munster: I have a hard time believing that you didn't want to work out! You always seem so motivated and ready for anything!! The Jacob's Ladder scares the **** out of me!! There's one at the gym where I work out and I know my trainer is going to put me on it sooner or later...but....NOOOOOOOO!! lol Congrats on the weight loss!! P.S. I am worth the work!!

HH4L: Watching TV is a trigger for me too, I've found that if I watch TV in the bedroom I don't eat (I'm not a fan of crumbs in the bed, drives me crazy!!). If I eat in the living room (where we eat supper lots) then I tend to snack.

bama: 3lbs are better than 0lbs!!!! Keep it up!
thissideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #49  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

bama i can't imagine the closest famous daves being 5 hours away! i feel for you, girl. haha. i actually know i PIG OUT when i eat it, so i only eat it when we have parties catered (usually only once or twice a year) or i'd be HUGE haha

munster i think it's funny that you get excited for naptime cuz the kids sleep and you can get work done. in my house, naptime is my parents (both retired) and myself all falling asleep with books in our hands...well, usually mine is my kindle. we've always been a napping family

jl holy crapoli woman! well done! keep up the good work! oh, and i love those mickey d ice cream breaks hehe

kawaii i know how that feels. SUPER frustrating. keep in mind though, how much our body weight shifts from one day to the next. try to look at your numbers from one week to the next rather from day to day.

thissideup there are all sorts of things you can do! my fav is butt squeezes. i squeeze the muscles in my butt and hold for 30 seconds release for 10 and go again. i usually repeat this for about 5 minutes. by the end, your arse is on fire! and the best part: no one knows you're doing it!! you can check out quickie chick too. laurel house (the quickie chick) has a bunch of suggestions on her blog for at the desk workouts.

as for me, i've reworked my workouts again. after 2.5 weeks i've once again gotten tired of my workouts. i dont' think i've stuck to any plan for longer than this without getting bored. i've switched it over to zuzana's workouts at bodyrock.tv she has different ones everyday so i'm hoping i won't get bored. i used to do them for about a month but then she started making them so hard that i couldn't do them even with my modifications. we'll see....
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

ok, here i am back with personals, eheh. y'all are probably sleeping...

HH4life: aww, hope you feel better and get started with that studying! (i hate studying too)... oh no, japanese people are super conservative... they just have no shame poking their noses in other people's business, that's all. lol.

bamagirl: is that 3lbs in a week?! and you're complaining?! damn, in a week, my weight's gone UP! even though i've been completely OP i think you're doing awesome and PMS is just probably getting to you more than usual. hang in there! thanks for the well wishes! stupid presentation is in about an hour, then i'll be DONE!

munster: i hope you're right... scale never moves very fast for me... it's just not fair...

JL: it's my 2nd time doing it... if i don't count the 3 or failed attempts where i didn't make it past day 3...

thissideup: love the positive attitude! but it's .6 of a kilo! not a pound! hence my utter crankiness... meh. yeah, i'm not a morning person either, but once i'm up, i'm up, i guess.

amy, thanks for the love! hope you're right!

well, i'm off for my presentation now, so for better or worse, it'll be over soon, and then i'm gonna go and party in Tokyo!! woohoo! see you all next week!

be good
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:29 AM   #51  

Height: 5'9''

Hey bamagirl, three lbs are not bad at all. Plus, you said your self, you are in PMS, scale will probably show more drop once your period is over

MMommy Jacobs Ladder seem hard but effective to me. Unfortunately, I've never seen that machine in any gyms here. But I would love to try them! Why do you say they suck? Just curious

Hey JNichols, wonder if you tried Ripped in 30 by JM? I've done 30DS in the past and I also have Rin30 - never completed the whole four weeks there is, but I highly recommend checking it out if you like 30DS

Kawaii you said exercise makes you retain water. I wonder if that's possible, cuz I think it happens to me too.... Like muscles fill with water....
Don't worry about that scale behaving badly! I'm sure it's water weight, it'll be gone soon!

Thissideup I'm happy for you overcoming the crisis. When you start to doubt yourself, one negative thought follows another, it's just a bad frame of mind. Thinking positive is not a self help mumbo-jumbo, I think it really makes us more likely to succeed

Amy I get borred with exercises quickly, too. I have a huge pile on fitness videos on my hard drive, and when I want to workout, I just pick one that I feel like doing at the moment. I know that not having a structured plan is not good, but at least that way i do something, if I make a plan and don't feel like following it I usually make an excuse and skip workout all together. I just don't like my workouts pre-planned...

Okay....so I gained 1lb of (hopefully!) water weight from yesterday. I know I ate more than I should for a diet day, but I still ate less than I would on an usual day before Aug 1st.
I did get that exercise, but it was 30, not 40 minutes, cause I just died after the first 30 and my *khm* behind is sore this morning....I love soreness, cause it means somethings changing!
Three more days till the end of first week, I started the week weighin 174.4 lbs, I hope I can be 172 the next Monday!

Btw, is anyone using myfitnesspal? I just registred and I think I'll use it instead of caloriecount.about.com, seems simpler. If anyone wants to add me as their friend, my screen name there is fitnessgal625

Last edited by hotHealthy4life; 08-05-2011 at 04:40 AM.
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, girls! Thank you all for the encouraging words! I'm really glad that I found this site. Its so nice to have support and understanding from people who are going through the exact same thing you are. My family and friends are supportive as well, but I kinda think they get tired of hearing about weight loss after awhile. My best friend has been working out so he can GAIN weight. Have I mentioned I hate him? How unfair is that?! Let me tell ya....I'd have absolutely no problem packin' on the pounds! Needless to say I don't talk to him about losing weight very much at all....

[B]Kawaii[B], you were right. PMS was just getting to me yesterday. But to answer your question, it's 3 lbs in 3 weeks...not 1 wk. I'd have been excited about 3 lbs in a week! As for your scale not moving, I'm tellin ya...scales are an instrument of the devil. And I was thinking the same thing that Amy told you. I wouldn't worry about differences from day to day cause there are so many factors that can effect us and cause fluctuations. That's why I tried staying away from weighing every day for a long time. I know some people like to though, but if you are, I'd say you should still set aside a day a week and say "OK, this is my official weigh-in day." And maybe record that weight somewhere, then compare that to what you weighed the same time last week.

Anyway, I weighed again today and the scales didn't move...which I was pretty glad about considering yesterday I went out to eat and even had dessert. Still hoping they go down a few more lbs after TOM's gone though.

After I got on here and b**ched yesterday, I realized that there's no rush to get the weight off anyway. I mean yeah I'd love for it to be gone as soon as possible but if it takes its own sweet time, oh well. This isn't a diet; it's a change of lifestyle. I'm saying this now but really I mean as long as it's gone by next summer..hehe...I really wanna have a bikini body by then and reward myself with a trip to the beach. (hopefully!) I think that's a realistic time frame though since I THINK I wanna lose about 35 more lbs and this summer isn't even over yet. I have decided, however, that I would like to be somewhere in the 160s by Halloween cause I wanna wear a really cute costume. No idea which costume yet but I plan to go look some up here in a few minutes.

hotHealthy4Life: I get bored doing the same exercises, too, so I've decided that I might invest in a new workout dvd. I've seen on here how many people like the 30DS so I looked for it at Wal-Mart and saw the Ripped in 30 also. Since you've done both, which do you like best? Or I should say which would you recommend?

thissideup: Glad to hear you're feeling better! And you're right, 3lbs are better than none!

munster: I hate it too! I remember back in January (before I decided to do something about my weight), we were out of school for a week because of snow and I was PMSing. It was h*ll! I swear I ate everything there was to eat in the house and I can't tell you how much snow cream I ate. LOL at least I'm controlling it better now.

JL: You're right about the 3lbs being better than none also. I also thought about it and if I lost 1 lb every week then I'd be at my approximate goal in close to 9 months time. Not too bad! And I think yesterday I was more pissed at the scale than anything else..haha....hopefully you'll get to 130 fast!

Hope you all have a great day!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #53  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Morning!
So I am FREAKING out because TOM hasn't shown up yet (there is almost absolutely no way I could be preggo...that machinery doesn't work any more lol) so I am wondering if there is something wrong? I feel like I might start here soon (sorry ladies TMI but seriously wigging out!!!!!) but I am not. I know that exercising a lot and losing a significant amount of weight can mess with your cycle, but that is usually like professional athletes, not just normal women working out right? Urgh I am having serious freak out moments! Oh well, I am hoping it comes soon (I never thought I would say that!). BTW took 2 preggo tests 2 days ago (when AF should have been here and both were negative, so ruling that out pretty much). Ok sorry for the crazy woman rant but I am kinda worried I might have something wrong help! Ok so, now I got that out I have completed Insanity for the day and that means I have 1 more day this week, and then ONE WEEK LEFT TO FINISH THE ENTIRE PROGRAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow I can't believe it's almost over. I am excited to start the second round, I am really looking forward to kicking Shaun Ts a$$ for another 63 days lol! Today was the DVD with the "punch me" comment and I was like woohoo yes please! Haha! I love the feeling I get after finishing these workouts, it's almost like the high you get from running long distance. Seriously it's really amazing! I hope that everyone else is having/had a good Friday...DS woke up with a fever of 102 so he's not happy . This day is interesting to say the least!

JLNichols07-Oh sweet nap time lol! Haha! I am so glad to see you back here JL, I was hoping that you would be able to get back on and keep us posted on this journey! I know that you can do it, you have already come so far and are such and inspiration to so many people here. We are rooting for you, keep up the good work! Hey sometimes you have to keep those cravings under control by letting yourself have something, and if it's within your range for the day I say go for it!

KawaiiCandie-I know we have said this all before, but if you are working out more, you will be retaining more water at the beginning, and you are building muscle mass. I know that is no comfort when you want to see the scale moving down . Keep at it, you will see a whoosh when you muscles get used to recovering and don't hold on to that water, plus you will be burning more calories at rest now because of that muscle mass. Hang in there you will see a loss soon!

amyleigh-Haha on your nap time! I wish that I could sleep during the nap time. I do get to sit down for a few minutes, but there is so much to do that I usually end up working or doing something not relaxing lol! Keep switching up the workouts, you don't have to stick to "a plan" as long as you are exercising. Do what keeps you interested and motivated!

thissideup-Woohoo go girl you get that pedicure! LOL, that will feel so great on your workout tired feet hehe! Some days I do feel not ready to work out, but I just have to give myself a swift kick in the butt and get it done! If I don't work out I feel really guilty because I don't work and it is something I have to do for myself and I have every opportunity to do you know? Today was much better, couldn't wait to push play and get crazy with Shaun T lol! OMG Jacob's Ladder is such a b!tch lol. It is really hard, although it is only as hard as you make it if you get what I am saying. You can do it rock it out!

hotHealthy4life-The Jacobs Ladder is just tough, that was why I was saying it sucks lol! It really is difficult if you push yourself for a decent amount of time on it. It burns more calories than a treadmill or elliptical (depending on the program) in the same amount of time because you are using your entire body. Man it made MY legs sore after a 10 minute session and that's after 2 months of Insanity! Don't worry about missing those 10 minutes, be proud of the 30! You will get there, keep up the hard work!

bamagirl28-Hehe, PMS sucks lol! I am wishing that my PMS would stop so AF would start lol. Keep working, no gain is always a good thing, so don't beat yourself up about it! Keep your eye on the goal, and keep coming here for support, all these ladies have been great for keeping me accountable and really helping me push through plateaus.

Ladies, have a great weekend, and I look forward to seeing all of you in the next thread when we switch again. I will have more Insanity tomorrow and the gym but there's a big party tonight for me, so here's to hoping I stay OP!!!!!! Have a great one!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Just wanted to pop in and let you girls that I'm still around and staying on plan. Been super busy these past couple of days and just haven't had much time to sit and read and reply. But I'm still here and trying to catch up on my reading when I can!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

"aaahhhhhhhh."

That's my "Day Off" noise. Thank heavens for weekends! (even if Mother Nature is being a b*tch and has made it terribly cloudy).

So, I made it through another few shifts at work. Lately, I am really starting to notice the effect my job is having on my stress levels, and thus my eating habits. My weight is stuck in the exact same spot, and that is partially due to the fact that I continue to eat as a means for relaxing.

I know that this is counterproductive.

BAHHH! This is so confusing and frustrating for me. Working overnights certainly doesn't help, but I still know better. I know that eating until my belly feels really full after work is not the only way to feel like I have "let go" and left the stress behind. But what else can I do, on a daily basis, to change this habit? Even when I wasn't working overnight, I still participated in this behavior. Eating is a release.

I understand that rationally, the only problem I can solve with eating is hunger. Otherwise, eating is not the solution. And yet.... it's still the habit I fall into, day after day.

I woke up early this morning to take advantage of the day, and I plan to spend some time quietly at the beach, even if it's cloudy. I just want to be calm, think through my thoughts, and get a handle on where I am in life. There's a reason this scale and this body aren't changing. I can sign up for all of the races, physical challenges, and make all the personal goals that I want-- but in the end, if I don't continue to figure out why I eat the way I do, things will stay the same.

On to more POSITIVE thoughts! I had an as$-kicking of a workout last night at the gym in a Strength Training class, and then I ran 3.5 miles with a buddy. Today I have to do one more mile to make it 4.5 (per my 1/2 Marathon training schedule), because I was too tired to complete it yesterday. Then I've got to do today's cross-training workout, so I plan to bike along the water after the one mile run. I'll risk the rain for some fresh air and clarity!

After that, it's ME time! I'm packing up a healthy lunch, lots of non-work related reading material, and hitting the beach. If it rains, I'll eat here and head to the library. Either way, it's time for some calm, quiet, and self care.

Now, for a few personals...... I hate how I miss so much from working multiple shifts in a row. Oh well!

Kawaii-- I hope your presentation went smoothly, and that you're having a blast in Tokyo. Walk, walk, walk all you can!

munstermommy
-- YEY so glad the scale is movin' on down for you! I had a moment last night in my gym class where I felt like saying things to the teacher that you say to Shaun T in your Insanity videos. However, I held my tongue. And I ended up grunting instead. Kind of like a Rhino?! hahaha. Hope that your lady problems resolve soon.... I hate what a catch 22 it is. Stressing over it makes it take longer to come back, but you can't NOT worry! Baah. Being a girl is so crappy sometimes. Anywho, thanks for keeping us all upbeat and positive. I got an invite to go out last night, and I decided to stop and take a mental check in. I felt tired, worn down, and overstimulated. I also realized that going out would mean indulging and possibly "going crazy" as you had mentioned. I elected to stay in, save money, rest, and enjoy the day today. So, thanks for the good vibes!

hothealthy--Glad you got your exercise in, way to go! Getting motivated can be so hard sometimes. Are you in college? I always found that studying worked better for me in the library, because a.) there's no food, b.) there's minimal distractions, and c.) it's structured time that I can schedule. Then, relaxation can happen at home. Anyway, hope the scale starts movin' soon for us both!

bamagirl--Ahhh, I struggle with the Waiting Game too! I think I've been trying to shed the same 10 lbs for the past few years of my life. Needless to say, I'm glad that I never give up, and continue to try and figure out why I am the way I am, and how to change it. Like you said, there's no rush. It's more important to adopt a healthier groove for life. Now, let's show that damn scale who is boss!

JLNichols-- Heyyy! Sounds like you're back into a good frame of mind. Hope that the treat out with the hubby was delish Keep us posted on your progress.

thissideup-- Hahaha, yess... sunlight does not help. I have very, very dark curtains. Glad you're feeling motivated! Do you take the stairs? I do that too, even though my job is very physical. I just feel like elevators are silly unless you have like... a huge suitcase. Or a child or something. Hahaha. Anyway, keep on moving and finding ways to squeeze activity into your day. You're on the right track.

amyleigh-- You're on the right track! I love changing up my exercise routine. You have to, or it gets boring. I think that when I'm done with this 1/2 Marathon thing, I'm going to return to taking more classes at the gym. The group setting really works for me, and I miss feeling sore in places other than my quads. I've got major room for improvement in the upper body, too, so strength classes will help that. Are you able to join a gym? I find working out at home can be harder, because you haven't got a teacher there to give you pointers and encourage you. But, if it works for you, stick with it. I have no doubt that you'll work your way up and will be able to perform the moves!

sgregg--Hi! Hang in there, and let us know how you're doing when you've got time. Life sure is busy lately!

Alrighty, I'm off to get this day moving. If I think any crabby or anxiety-ridden thoughts, I will acknowledge them and then let them gooooooo. Life is too short to stress and stress eat as a result. Time to respect my body and be happy, dammit. hahaha.

Happy Saturday!

-FPSJ

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 08-06-2011 at 08:18 AM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #56  

SMS - Did you ever get over that hump??

thissideup - I hope you found your motivation. I have days like that where I just feel like I'm gonna fail anyway so I may as well go ahead and eat whatever I want. This time, though, I have been trying to use that as motivation to keep going...to prove myself wrong. We can do this!! Hang in there!

amy - Good for you for controlling yourself at the graduation party!! That's a NSV, I would say! I also get tired of the same ole workouts. I am a person that embraces change.

Kawaii - Yeah, it's crazy how they change foods for different areas, but I'm sure most of the U.S. would not like it if they made it exactly like the original. My hubby spent some time in Japan when he was stationed there while in the Navy. I think he was there for 4 years? He's the one who introduced me to Sushi. I have to get the unhealthy stuff if I eat and he always gets the raw pieces. Oh, and about your weight, I'm with amy on this one...try to look at the weekly weight instead of daily. I weigh daily but I don't really count it until a week has gone by.

Bama - Eating that sodium and then being around your TOM would definitely cause water retention, I would think. So, don't be too discouraged! And keep going!! Don't let a small loss bother you! At least it's a loss. And LOL about the sweet tea...yes, it's so good, but I just cannot have it around or it's all I will drink. I have actually thought about making unsweet and just using splenda when I want to drink it, but it's just not the same. And I know what you mean about thinking people are tired of hearing about your weight loss. This time around I'm really keeping it mostly to myself unless someone was to ask. And you are right, you should lose it slowly so it has a chance of staying off for good.

munster - There is absolutely nothing wrong with feeling good because it's nap time. LOL! I think every mom feels that way. It's nice to get some relief and a little down time. Also, I have found if you are stressing about TOM then that only adds to the time of her not showing up...haha! That's what happens with me anyway. Thankfully, I am on BC pills that keep everything regulated so I don't have to deal with that worry.

JLNichols - That's when I have my triggers too...and also sometimes after dinner if I eat it kind of early.

FPSJ - spending time at the beach listening to the waves sounds like a great, relaxing idea! So jealous over here in hot, boring MS!

Man, that's a lot of personals! I gotta start getting on here even on my busy days to stay caught up...haha!
Saw another loss today...yay! Yesterday, I was up...really don't know why. I guess because of all the water I drank later in the day? Anyway, I'm not worried about that...as long as I'm lower than my starting weight on my weigh-in day I'll be ok. The weekend is always the worst for me, though. It's always when I go back up and then my totals for the week will only be a lb...so, this time I'm changing that. I'm going to work very hard to stay OP this weekend (and every weekend). If I'm going to change my life and get healthy then I HAVE to do this. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day and weekend!
Old 08-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #57  

Bahhhhh, it's raining. Oh well. On to plan B! Lunch with gal pal, afternoon at the coffee shop, get together with friends tonight.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #58  

Sounds like lots of fun! We may be driving up to TN to see some friends off for a big move. They are moving all the way across the country to beautiful California!
Old 08-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #59  

Ohhh, that sounds fun too! I love mini road trips. Enjoy.

Off to get ready, talk to you all later!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Ok...it's official. My scale is stuck! I weighed this morning and I weigh exactly same as I did on Thursday and Friday. I would expect some kind of change; I mean I figured the scale would go up or down at least a tenth of a pound or two. But no...it's the same. TOM needs to get here and get gone. I swear I'm gonna work out for 2 hours today and see if that shows a difference tomorrow...lol or so I say. We'll see.

munster: As others have mentioned, worrying about it only makes it take longer. I'm right there with you, though. Anytime mine is late, it makes me worry. Not about being pregnant but that there might be something wrong. And I've heard that about losing weight and exercising effecting it, also. Not sure of how drastic it has to be to effect it, though. I would think it wouldn't necessarily have to be professional athletes, however, cause if its sensitive enough for stress to effect it then I'd think that anything you do could throw it off. I tell ya, if mine doesn't come I'm gonna be right there with you and freaking out also. I've thought about just going to the dr to get birth control just so I don't have to worry about this garbage.

sgregg: The weekends are the worst time for me as well. If I ate on the weekends the way that I eat through the week, I'd probably lose a lb or more a week in addition to what I lose through the week. I'm gonna try to keep it down to ONE regular eat out (aka BAD) meal a weekend. If I deny myself altogether, I'll never stick with it. And I hear ya about the sweet tea. I can't keep it around either or that's all I will drink. Cokes are not a problem for me. I don't drink 'em. We southern girls love our sweet tea! I have made the unsweet before and sweetened it with Splenda, and you're right: it's just not the same. Eventhough Splenda is better than sweet 'n low and I can use it in my coffee, it still has a slight aftertaste to me. I also tried using the agave nectar...it had a different taste than Splenda but still just not the same. *sigh* I do let myself have a glass every now and then with a meal when I'm below my calories for the day. Anyone know of something that tastes just like sugar?

fatpants: You mentioned you work nights but did you tell us what you do? I'm asking because I'm wondering if there's some way you could snack at work so that when you get home you won't feel very hungry and maybe avoid eating then. I know you said that's your way of unwinding but if you've already eaten just an hour or so before maybe eating (even if it is to relieve stress) won't sound like such a good idea. I dunno...I'm kinda just feeling my way through all of this. I could be a professional dieter as many as I've been on over the years and have read so many things about nutrition and eating right/developing good habits that I could have a degree in it. I also have the problem of stress eating (although lately its had the opposite effect on me and makes me not even wanna eat at all). I eat for so many reasons: because I'm stressed or depressed or bored and just because I like food and it tastes good. I read somewhere (see I told you..hehe) that stress is not your best friend to talk to when you're bored and its not your therapist to help relieve your stress or discuss your problems with. And I thought ohhhh but it is! Said some other things too but I can't remember what they are. Those 2 stuck out to me though. I think the key to a healthy lifestyle is all about getting in the groove and finding out what works for you. Have fun at the beach and enjoy your "me" time. Hopefully you'll come up with something!

Well ladies, have a good day and great weekend. Good luck staying on plan! As for me, I know I'm not going to be 100% good today cause I'm going to a friends and I'm gonna drink some wine. Hopefully I won't sabotage myself too badly and I'll work out extra to make up for it!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote