Old 08-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey girlies! Just thought I'd jump right in here on this chat. I weigh in on Friday! I'm nervous/excited about it. On the one hand, if I have lost 8lbs since the last time I weighed, I will be rewarding myself with a pedicure. (8lbs because I had decided back in May that I would reward myself after losing 20 more lbs.) On the other hand, scales terrify me. Even if I know I've done well as far as diet and nutrition go, I still find myself praying for the number on the scales to go down before I hop on 'em. By the way, I don't weigh every day or every week even, I'm trying not to rely too much on what the scales say. I have to admit, though, it IS important. I want to see my goal weight on those scales so badly! I'm even thinking of possibly lowering my goal weight, I'll just have to see when I get there.

Last week was a blah week for me. I exercised but didn't exactly eat healthy. Since I'm weighing this week, I'm kicking it up a notch on the exercising and making sure that I stay on plan with my eating.

Kawaii, SMSDreamer, Kelly, Riestrella, and hotHealthy4life: I know exactly what you're talking about with the boobs. Mine are huge. And its weird, but I have friends who wear the same bra size as I do or bigger even, and my boobs still look bigger than theirs! Not fair...anyway since February, I've lost anywhere from 22-26 lbs (I don't really remember whether I was 204 or 208 then since I didn't really commit until sometime in April). Very little of that has been in my boobs. About a month in, I went from a 38DD to a 38D. I'm thankful for that, but since then I haven't had any change in that area. I think I'd like to get down to a 36C-D. C might not be possible but I'd be happy with a 36 D. There's quite a lot of difference in a 36D and a 38D. I told my mom (who has the same problem) that I was hoping that after I lost from everywhere else, eventually my boobs would go somewhere. She said "South!" haha. Hopefully not! Especially since I'm still (relatively) young. I told her if so, though, I'd start complaining of back pain and get a reduction and get them lifted while I was at it.

Munster: congrats on reaching the 150s! That's fantastic! I can't wait til I get there.

Krampus: welcome back to the states!

Annita: I can't understand why girls would want to be bigger than a D either...they've obviously never had to carry big boobs around!

Hope everyone has a good week! Good luck!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 181/177.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, I'm new here so I think I'm going to jump in here and see if I can't make some friends!

Kawaii, SMSDreamer, Kelly, Riestrella, and hotHealthy4life: I'm a 36C (well I'm probably bigger, but that's what I wear), and jumping is so embarrassing! For those of you who have a hard time finding bras in your size, take a look at Bare Necessities (I can't post the link because I'm too new, but just google it!). They're based in the states and I know they carry loads of sizes and they aren't always crazy expensive. Not trying to spam, I swear, but I used to work for their call centre so I know they carry lots of sizes, styles and brands. Hope that helps!

bama: I'm also working towards a pedicure! What a great reward after having our feet jammed into hot gym shoes all the time! Gotta get to 175 for that! 170 means a haircut (and I have long, long thick hair, so haircut = losing a pound or 2! teehee!)!

Super exhausted after my first week of losing weight, but as soon as my gym clothes are out of the dryer, I'm going to head to the gym and surprise my trainer by finishing my workout before he texts me to get off the couch and do it!

Last edited by thissideup; 08-01-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Forgot something!
thissideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #18  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Rie- Bras in our size are expensive in the uk but look at it this way...even with the exchange rate...they are even more expensive here. I can find bras that fit me there for anywhere from 15-28 BP which is about 15-50 ish USD with the current exchange rate. Here bras range from 32(very very low quality designed for 1 mos wear before replacing) to abut $75 so umm....uk is way cheaper and fit better LOL

WB KRAMPUS!!

Annita- I understand why people do I like my big boobs because tbh...at the weight I am at with my tummy..it evens my silhouette out a bit. Just don't like the work it takes to wrangle them HAHAHA

bamagirl - I know EXACTLY how you feel

This side- Tried it, what they dont tell you is they actually run small so they end up uncomfortable.

Last edited by SMSDREAMER2007; 08-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #19  

Height: 5'9''

Riestrella, so sorry for your dog. Everyone in my family loves animals, so we had (and still do) many pets over the years and it is very sad when your pet is dying. People with no pets often don't understand that.....but you have my support

About the boob thing...Yeah, I complain about them, but at the same time I'm afraid of how much they will shrink while I lose this weight. I'm used to having...ahem,large breast... and I sincerely hope they will go no more than two cups down. Which would be European D cup....
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #20  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Morning (actual morning for me lol!)!!
Okay ladies so the bra/boob conversation has been cracking me up! I can totally understand how larger than D cups would hinder working out, and that is what has made me waffle back and forth with my chest lol! I love to work out and run, and now I know really how hard it is if you are larger. So thanks for the information! Hehe! So did Insanity this morning already (thank you Lord it's over) and I realized in this workout during a kickboxing type interval Shaun T says "hurt me, hit it harder, come on punch me, act like you ar punching me" LOL OMG I started cracking up! I was like "Oh yea I would LOVE to punch you right now" hahahahaha! I always feel like popping him a good one by the end of the workout and here he is telling me I can! I SALIVATED at the idea of being inside the TV and doing just that lol! Watching the end of a movie now with DS and DD is sleeping although she's having a tough time poor baby! Going to head to the gym after she wakes up (it's so f*** hot here that the kids club is a good way for them to get out of the house!) and hit the ARC trainer to burn some more. I am hoping that I can get another 2 lbs off by weigh in on Sunday and that means only 2 more lbs until I am "normal" BMI again woot! Hope the beginning of the week is great for everyone, let's hit working out hard and make the week great!

Thisside-WELCOME!!!! Everyone on these weekly chats is super great, they have helped me a lot in the last few weeks! I know that it is hard when you first start working out and cutting calories, that is when so many people give up because you are so tired and IT IS HARD! Don't give up, stick with it, and when you feel down or too tired come on 3FC and get some encouragement! I have been an athlete literally ALL my life and I have a degree in Anatomy and Physiology, I KNOW what is good for my body and I just couldn't do it for about 6 months and got way out of shape, ate bad things, and just generally didn't care. It took some serious work, and a lot of support from these ladies, and now I'm back into it! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Bamagirl-YAY pedicures lol! I absolutely LOVE pedicures, but I want to wait for it to be a "reward" too, I think it will feel that much better lol! The scale is an important tool for your journey, but you are right, it shouldn't be your only gauge. Body fat % and measurements, combined with the scale are the best way to accurately track your progress! Burn those calories working out sister! It's the best way to counteract a bad week lol! I LOVE to kick my *** in a workout, I feel so self righteous after hehe! Plus I get to yell at Shaun T at every Insanity workout, it has now become one of my favorite parts of the day . Keep working, you are doing great! The 150s will be here soon!

Krampus-YAY I'm glad you are back and that you can start back in on your healthy life style. Let's get it going!

Rie-I am so sorry about your dog . I hope the poor baby is doing better! We don't have any pets right now, but I grew up in a house full of them and my mom trains Guide Dogs for the blind so I know how much people love their doggies! I am sorry too about the yucky eat week, just jump back OP this week and you will be great! I am SO excited to hear about your first 10K I remember the feeling and you will feel amazing after you finish! Bummer on the gym, but at least you will get it done this week. I love going to the gym where it is so nice and cool haha, cuts down on my AC bill at home!

hotHealthy-Yep, Insanity is well...INSANE lol! I seriously haven't done a "workout" routine that is this hard, it's close to when I was playing soccer in college lol! Keep working hard and you should try it when you feel comfortable, I swear I haven't been in this good of shape for years! I am stoked to finish and start p90x soon! I know it looks hard, and it is, but you just have to take it one day at a time and you can finish it! I AM EXCITED FOR YOU FOR YOUR FIRST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot woot! You will look back on this day in a month, a year, 5 years and say wow! I can't believe how far I have come!

Okay ladies, DD just woke up, time for her baba and then we are off to the gym, 45 minutes with the ARC trainer will put me at 1 hr 45 min of exercise for the day, please let me get these 4 lbs off in the next 2 weeks lol! Let's work, stay positive, and on plan! Woohoo ladies!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

munster, yay on being officially under 160!!! and yes, people here are all kinds of innapropriate... not just the men!!! oh, and it was totally cookie chip icecream i ate!!!!!

HH4life
, welcome! and good luck! and yeah, what's up with bigger sizes not having any cute bras?! totally not fair! *sulks*

krampus, i'm sad! but i'm sure you're enjoying home.... from what i can see on your facebook though, there doesn't seem to be too much healthy eating going on! mwahaha...

bamagirl: good luck with your weigh in! yeah, scale is evil... but i hope you can get a new number, and yay pedicure! ha! i'm the same as you! went from 38-40DD to 38D... well, the D is still a bit tight cuz i gained back some weight... lol.

thissideup: welcome! haha, big boobs suck... thanks for the link!

munster (again): glad to be of entertainment! as you and your ShaunT stories are for us. lol. he's making you starting to develop a violent side! haha...

ok, morning all! tuesday morning here and i'm a happy little camper cuz someone turned the aircon on in the office. yay. although i have to work on a stupid presentation that i really don't wanna do on friday... meh. but that's alright, i have 3 days to do it.

yesterday i worked out again and so i was quite pleased with myself. this morning scale was a bit up, but i expected that since the most recent "loss" was from being sick. i just told myself "79.anything please!!!" and it was "79.8" and yesterday it was "79.4" so it's really not that bad... keep trudging!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Hello all! I've been around and back and forth with posting on here. I really need to get back into it and get back on the train. I used to be an active poster, but I got preggo a year ago and I just have not been able to get back into the swing of things. I haven't really been motivated. I had my baby girl, Marley, in April and now that she's a bit older she's starting to sleep during the night and it's making my days easier. I told myself a couple of months ago that I was gonna start calorie counting again, but I just have not done it...sigh...I need some motivation.
I guess I'm gonna make Tuesdays my official weigh-in day so I can start fresh tomorrow.

Kawaii...I love the a/c! Don't know what we would do without it.

munster...I'm gonna have to look into this Insanity stuff. Sounds intense. How old are your kids? My DD is almost 4 months and DS is 6.

bama
...Where in AL are you? I live in MS.

Riestrella...I'm sorry about your dog.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone! Started working out again today...30 Day Shred it is I love that workout..and it really kicks my butt! I stayed w/in my calorie range also today..I can't get over how much harder it feels these days to do that but I am and I want to really get down to my goal weight soon! Also doing the 90 day exercise challenge on here so it will keep me accountable with my working out! Hope everyone is having a great day!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

sgregg, I live in Hamilton. I see you live in Fulton. That's about 20 minutes from me. I go there quite a bit, mostly to buy gas since its so much cheaper there...and of course I stop there on the way to Tupelo. Small world, huh?!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #25  

That's awesome, Bamagirl!! Finally, someone close to me!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey gals!
I'm so happy to see we're at 2 pages already. Keeps me engaged and motivated! Plus I just love to know what everyone's up to

So, I made it through a tough week last week- emotionally, physically, etc. Had issues at work, a few minor crises, and overall was just in a bad frame of mind. The dust has settled, and I'm read to move forward.

In the spirit of staying accountable, I weighed in this morning... at exactly where I left off! Hahaha. At least I haven't gained.

My goals are to stay focused this month on my training program and adhering to my calories as best I can. As I've mentioned before, I'm doing a Half Marathon the second week in September. So, in the coming weeks I'll be focusing my energies on completing the workouts and being mindful of "indulgence" days. (days when I've got plans with friends, etc). I've been lazy lately when it comes to that. Instead of trying to keep the calories minimal before going out to eat, I've just eaten whatever. This is of course NOT helping my efforts at weight loss. If anything, I've just maintained.

I also resolve this month to try and... relax a little bit more. I've been "stress eating" WAY too often.

My mantra shall be: "If hunger is not the problem, eating is not the solution."

Starting off on the right foot... I'm up early to get my run in while it's cool! Then I've got some work to get done for a project at work, and perhaps a few errands before a lovely dinner date tonight with friends. Hoping to stay positive and onnnnn traaaackk.

SMSDreamer-- WOoohOOo!! halfway to goal. Such great work so far! I've seen you around on the threads, and you're doing great. Welcome to the chat

hotHealthy--Slow and steady! I'm a new runner too, so we can chat when you're ready to try it

Riestrella-- So sorry about the pup! Doing better? I missed one of my big workouts last week too, and I immediately felt better when I finally made up for it. Just remember, we aren't perfect. Life throws us curveballs, and we have to learn how to be flexible in response to them. Congrats for not letting your eating get out of control, and for getting back to your plans. You're doing great!

Krampus-- Welcome back!! Glad you got here safely. Lovin' the positive attitude for the future. It's helping me out, too.

bamagirl-- Awesome work so far. I get a little fixated on the scale thing, too. You're right though-- overall diet and fitness is more important in the long run.

thissideup-- YAY for your first week down! Your trainer will be so proud. Kick a$s in your workout!

munstermommy-- aaahhh you are making such amazing progress!! I can totally learn a thing or two from your consistency. Hope baby girl is feeling better. Keep on posting about your workouts... love the inspiration!

Kawaii
-- Thanks for starting up the chat! Glad you're cool and comfy. And yay for exercising! Hang in there with the scale... it'll happen. We know how to do this, we just have to get back into the groove.

sgregg-- Welcome back, and congrats on the babe! I also firmly believe in "fresh starts".... even if I am getting fresh more than once. Bahahaha. Keep us posted on your progress!

JLNichols-- I'm right there with you, lady. I'm telling you, it is so much harder to lose actual pouds when you get down to the last 10! I have been flip-flopping FOREVER. We can do this, though. Keep up the exercise and let us know how you're doing!

Alrighty..... time to go get sweaty and enjoy what will *hopefully* be a Productive-but-not-Ridiculously-Stressful day off.

Chat soon!
-FPSJ

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 08-02-2011 at 06:41 AM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #27  

Height: 5'9''

Wow, this thread is growing fast!
Sorry I can't comment everybody's post, I need to get a grip on who's who, and what's what on this forum, but I definitely plan to get to know you all better and participate in this thread actively for the next couple of months!
And thank you all for welcoming me and wishing me luck!

Well the first day didn't go by perfectly, but oh well, the important thing is that I had started. I ate pretty good, not perfect but much better then I would usually eat and I didn't do any exercise- there was no time left. I know I have to make time for my priorities and I will.

Today I feel some stiffness in my knees. By BMI, I'm just mildly overweight - it's 25.7, but my body is not handling it well. I have a small frame, and at my highest, when I was 187.5 lbs (BMI 27.7) I already had significantly raised tryglicerides, cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure and aches in my knees, feet,hips and lower back. And at that time I was only 17! And sincerely, judging by how much junk I really ate everyday I think I have a quite fast metabolism (my mother says I she's surprised I'm not over 200lbs).
All of the above means that I have to lose weight and there is nothing stopping me from lose weight!
And I had to write it in public so I can remind myself of this when I want to make an excuse...

I wish you all a lovely day!

Last edited by hotHealthy4life; 08-02-2011 at 10:03 AM.
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #28  

hotHealthy4life...You are right...only YOU can stop yourself from losing the weight. Baby steps.

FPSJ...I'm the same way. I NEED people to post to keep me motivated. I like your mantra. About the fresh start...I don't know how many I have had now...but this time will be the last!...ok, maybe not the last, but I am gonna stick with this a while. I HAVE to if I want to get healthier.

JLNichols07...I own that dvd. My friend is borrowing it right now, but I talked to her last night about getting it back. She loves it so much that she is just gonna buy her own the next time she's at Walmart. Jillian is pretty intense. She kicks my butt every time.

Well, we were woke up bright and early by some folks working on our roof. Ugh! 7am is way too early to be banging on my roof!! Haha! At least they are getting the work done...it's about time.
Had my first official weigh-in today...well, for this fresh start anyway. I was actually lower than what I thought I was gonna be, so maybe it won't be so hard to get out of the 230's this time around. Seems like I've been stuck in them forever.
I also have to work on my water intake. I'm going to try to drink 8 oz. every hr. or every 2 hrs. I'm hoping putting myself on a schedule will help make it more natural later on.
On another note, baby girl is not happy today. I think she's getting a good ole summer cold.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #29  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Hello Ladies!
Just another sweltering day here! OMG the heat MUST dissipate soon, I swear I am melting, but it doesn't help me lose any weight lol! Today is going well, super frustrated though because all of the things I need for the week from the store ARE NOT ON SALE! I hate that since it makes it hard to justify buying it all even though I KNOW I need it . Oh well, just have to shope around and make alternative choices for the next few days! So Insanity was interesting this morning, I did post an Insanity thread for people in the 20 Somethings who are doing it/did it/want to do it and hopefully some people will join me in the Insanity journey! It will be a daily accounting of the Shaun T madness, but I will give you all a few blurbs as well since they are oh so stimulating lol! I will tell you what I put in my other post. While I am streaming sweat into a small ocean on my hardwood floors and cursing Shaun T and all of his offspring, the man has the gall to say "Pretend like you're holding potato chips in your hands to relax the body while you're working this exercise." WTH?????? Seriously Shaun that is EXACTLY why I am doing this torture, is to get those d*** potato chips off my a$$!!!!!!!! I honestly was floored I had never noticed it before now! OMG for real! Haha! Wanted to kick him in the butt yet again! So, I will be heading to my brother in laws house this weekend for my father in laws 60th bday party. Unfortunately both of my sisters in law are extremely tiny (naturally, they are both like 5 ft tall and 100 lbs, eat whatever they want, etc.) and I am hoping I will be close to "normal" bmi by then. I totally fit in before baby #2 (140 lbs and strong) and now not so much . Oh well I know I look better than the last time they saw me at 168 so that is a good thing!

Sgregg-Bummer on the roof! Not okay if you aren't used to hearing commotion before 7am lol! Insanity is a DVD workout program that is SUPER INTENSE!!!!! I just started a new thread about it if you want to read that for some info. DD is 7 months and DS is 4 love my babies! Great job on starting fresh, and yes H2O is vital to your success! Keep it on your mind all the time and you will make it!

HotHealthy-There are quite a few of us, so take your time lol! I love your determination, keep that and no one will stop you from making it to your goal, keep going!

FPSJ
-Woohoo on maintaining lol! I will send ON PLAN vibes your way for your night out! You can do it, you have been so diligent just keep the goal in mind! Thanks for the consistency comment, that helps me to remember that this program is no good if I don't stick to it 100%! I'm glad I can help motivate for exercise, it is what I love to do anyway, ever since I was a personal trainer in college I love to get people moving! Keep up your hard work!

Kawaii-YAY on the 79.4! Keep it up! Wow people are rude there lol! That would seriously irritate me! I'm glad you are on the downward trend and that my Insanity stories give smiles, that makes my day! Keep working and hopefully you will see a 78._ soon!

Alright all, going to the gym with the kiddos because it is so freakin hot to do some elliptial/ARC trainer or something to burn some calories, then I'm headed to the store because TOM isn't here yet...eek??????? Hoping it shows up soon lol! Have a great day all!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

sgregg: welcome back! and yes, i love the a/c... i'm SO happy it was on when i showed up to work this morning... i think it's the first time in over a week... lol. oooh, there's nothing i hate more than people doing construction near my house early in the morning!!!! it used to happen all the time whe i still lived at home!! *hugs*

JL: congrats on getting back into it! also love the 30DS.... (well, not LOVE, but you know... )

FPSJ: yay! congrats on not having gained! lol. at least that's that good mantra! good luck with everything. you can do it!

HH4life: sometimes i think the same thing too... like i should be heavier, considering how much crap i eat, you know? but i guess it's not a reason to stuff your face, eheh... it think it's important to realize that it's more about being healthy than being thin... it sucks, but yeah. baby steps! you can do it!

munster: LOL at the potato chips story!! pwahaha... yeah, it's pretty hot here too today... when i was younger i always used to think "if i'm sweating, i must be losing weight, right?" lol. too bad that's not the way it works omg! i wish i can be 78 soon!!! yeah, people in j-land have no shame about asking you all kinds of personal questions... lol. i guess i'm just used to it. if i don't wanna answer i just go "it's a secret!" but yeah... my first year here, i even got groped a couple of times by GIRLS! because apparently being of the same sex makes my boobs public property... lol. they were just like "omg, so big! *grab*" picture me flabbergasted. lol. especially since it happened more than once! luckily, it hasn't happened in ages though... i wonder why? hahaha...

MORNING! it's hump day! i wonder why i am so full of pep this morning... this is very odd... lol.

today scale said the same as yesterday and i am a bit bummed about that, but whatever, at least it's not going up! last night for dinner, i barely ate anything... some tofu and vegetables... see the thing that happened is that i made me a salad and i used this new dressing that i just bought, and it turned out being GROSS so i just chucked it after eating a few bites, and then it turns out i wasn't hungry anymore. how weird. i also did my workout like a good girl, so proud of myself. day 8, done!

hope everyone has a good day, or good night, since y'all are probably still on tuesday night
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote