Old 07-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Default Binge Eating Disorder?

Is this an actual disorder or does everyone expierence it at times?...I have been reading up on it. Due to the frequent binges I have been having. I have been moping and groaing on here about how I have been up & down..I have been gaining weight & losing weight...and I know it's not good for me. But I want to really get this under control before it's too late and I gain all my weight I've lost back plus more. Today was suppose to be Day 4 of me eating healthy but I ruint it and had a HUGE binge on cookies and SODA! .. I'm just so down and upset... and don't know if I should consult my doctor or what before I lose control and gain all my weight back. What do ya'll think?
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 114/107/105

Height: 5'2

Personally--I think its a *real* disorder, because for me a disorder is a coping mechanism that doesn't solve the problem...does that make sense? I've always liked the phrase, "if hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer". Of course BED takes this to a very unhealthy extreme. But to answer your question, yes, I think it's a real disorder. And I also think there are lots of ways to treat it. I think seeing a therapist who maybe specializes in eating disorders would be a good place to start. Or, if possible, seeing a clinician who does cognitive and behavioral treatment. I think both of those things, would be a giant step in the right direction.
paperdollme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #3  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Yes, I think you should consult your doctor. I study psychology and I recognized a very very light form of it in myself and was able to treat myself (I mean a very light form, and i study psychology) I won't say I don't have the issue anymore but I have a lot better control of it. I won't be cured ever but now that I have a better understanding of it and myself with it I can keep it under control. My best advice to you is to see your doctor, yes it is a real disorder that many many many people have.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

i feel the same JL... last weekend, i even talked to my best friend about it for the first time (admitting i had it) and she told me she thought i should talk to someone about it (like a therapist or something) because it's never really about food or about hunger...

all i can say is i understand how you feel. i've gained back about 15lbs in the last 6 months, and every month or so i try to start over again and lose and gain the same 5 lbs over and over... it sucks. if you find something that helps you out, let me know!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm going to hit up Overeaters Anonymous when I get back to the U.S. I am "functional" in that I don't skip out on social plans to eat alone at home or anything, but it is an unhealthy habit and OA is free.

I read a few blogs online about the issue. I like these two a lot:

http://www.healthygirl.org
http://healthforthewholeself.com
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #6  

Height: 5ft3

Hi
It is definitely a disorder and recognised as such by the NHS in the UK, there is a book by Dr Christopher Fairburn, Overcoming Binge Eating, which is very much worth the read and is used as a self help therapy tool - I went through the program and am better than I was

Last edited by Jalsa; 07-27-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote