Old 07-30-2011, 12:30 AM   #31  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

Thank you everyone. You guys really put big smile on my face
As of today, I don't think i'm losing weight for anyone but myself (but tbh, part of me still want people around me to notice kwim?).

But because of their "opinions" in the past, I think I have some mental issues about body image. Which I guess all of you can totally understand as well.

@Riestrella: Thanks and I wish I know how to retort my aunt back. Since they are my aunts and they gossip alot, I usually end up ignore them and not saying anything because if EVER I talk something back, a lot of gossip about me will spread out in the family - and i know quite some gossips about me, my life, my weights are already going on in the family.

Now there's another reason I should avoid them...
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:22 AM   #32  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Kawaii - Yeah, I did it all before too, but I never did it every day I did it every other day! I don't think I could've handled it otherwise! At the beginning of my weight loss journey I was doing the 30DS then Making The Cut, then I just wanted to get outside and do something - was a bit fed up of my front room scenery! That's when I started running again. I know what you mean about giant boobage - I'm a 36G so I dread to think what I must look like when I'm running. I actually wear TWO sports bras to support them. But the place I run is quite secluded, so I don't tend to bump into many people.

Annita - I know how it feels to have serious problems about your image, so I hope you get through them. Which side of the family are they on? You should speak to your Mum/Dad and ask them to have a serious talk with them - because gossiping is just awful. It's bullying if you ask me. My Grandad has been really insensitive in the past, he's commented on me gaining weight and even at a family meal for my Dad's 50th he asked me about my breast reduction AT THE TABLE. I said that I was trying to lose all the weight now and then when I was eating (I had starved myself all day for it) he was like "You're not going to lose weight eating that" I told him very very firmly to shut up right now, and he did - but it made me so uncomfortable. I told my Dad and he had a word with him, and I haven't really spoken to him since (been busy).
Stay strong and remember what YOU want, which is to be at a happy healthy weight. Make sure they don't delude you into thinking you're fat when you're not, because as you said you do have a great body but for some reason they think looking like a model/beauty Queen is the standard. When you find the confidence within yourself and the strength to stand up to them, and you're rocking your ideal body weight, then just fvcking laugh in their faces! And no matter what they say just laugh even heartily! Because they sound like immature little school girls who need to grow up!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

YAYY---Down this morning 2 lbs! Did okay yesterday but was outside sweating all day long i thinks that what did it lol. Im just happy to be in the "healthy" range again!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #34  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

laney don't give up, hon. being single again is always tough. i had a horrible break up about 2 years ago in the middle of my weightloss journey and i know how rough it can be to find the motivation to even get out of bed, let alone workout. try your best to force yourself to at least do a small workout. the endorphins released will help your mood and ease the negative emotions a bit. plus, now that you're single, you can show of your new bangin bod to a whole new group of people. owow!
annita i'm sorry you have such a tough time with your family. i second what every one is saying. it is YOU who decides what is a good weight for you, not someone else. if you want to lose more for yourself, do it. if you think you're at a good weight, stay there and screw them! all that matters is how you feel about yourself!!

jl congrats! 2lbs is awesome! go you!!

munster keep up the good work! how you live through insanity is beyond me. i feel exhausted after just watching the infomercial haha

kawaii you should be proud of yourself! 30ds is an awesome program and it is t-u-f-f tough. i've done it 4 times but only made it to day 30 once (i get super bored with the repetition of the workouts and couldn't make it past day 17 the other three times hehe). keep us updated on your progress

as for me, the scale finally moved! only down .5 lb, but it's the first time it moved down in 5 weeks (then again, i've only been actively trying to lose weight for 2 weeks, but still, down is down!). i've recently become addicted to making my own smoothies. i busted out my old smoothing machine from college that we only ever used for ummmm adult beverages haha. who knew it could make healthy things too .

we had a HUGE storm out here last night. it knocked out the power for about 8 hours so all of the groceries i bought yesterday for my healthy eating went bad. poo luckily i still had bananas and strawberries and i told myself the yogurt was still good because it didn't smell bad, though i'm sure it probably wasn't the best thing to do. haha. just to give you guys an idea of the craziness of this storm, it blew my aunts glass picnic table from her patio into the pool where it shattered (she's gonna have a BIG mess to clean up today) in the bottom of the pool. nutso. as far as i know, no one was injured...and somehow my mothers plants all stayed in place on our dock. haha.

anywho, i hope you all have a wonderful, on plan, saturday

Last edited by amyleigh; 07-30-2011 at 12:51 PM.
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #35  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well! I got up before the hubby this morning with my son because hubby was out late playing poker (brought home $40 more than he left with woohoo lol!) with his friends at one of their houses. DS decided to wake up early so I'm a little tired lol! Waiting for weigh in tomorrow, bleh, but I'm hopeful that I can record a 15_ number tomorrow! Today's Insanity workout hasn't been completed yet, it's Core Cardio and Balance which is one of the "easiest" workouts, so I went to the gym and did R.I.P.P.E.D. I'm not sure what it stands for but it's sort of like Insanity, just less hard core. So I was excited to do something besides a machine for extra cardio! Yesterday was Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs, which I already went on a diatribe about lol! Usually during Core Cardio and Balance I am not puffing so much as moaning and groaning about the burning in my shoulders, abs, and butt since Shaun T thinks it's a stellar idea to make you do "plank work" until you essentially fall flat on your face in a puddle of your own sweat (gross but true!) lol. So we will see how that goes, PRAYING for a good weigh in tomorrow .

Amy-Whoa! Sounds like one heck of a storm! I hope everyone there is okay and what a bummer about the pool/table! That could have been really dangerous! I'm glad that you are okay even if your lovely healthy food isn't . Well, hopefully you can replace it without too much cost and bananas and strawberries and yogurt sound pretty healthy to me! I know the infomercial for Insanity shows a decent taste of what it is like, and at first I didn't think I would make it through the 60 days, but I only have 2 more weeks left! I can't believe it...I hope I can lose another 5 pounds before the end and be in the "healthy" bmi range .

JL-Awesome job on the 2 lb loss! Keep it up you can do it!

Annita-I think if you can just show how proud you are of your progress and that you are a strong, beautiful woman, that might be enough to "get their goat" so to speak. Getting a little of your own back is great, but it sounds like they are those who must have the last word. Just make your actions speak and keep doing your journey for you!

Rie-I LOVE TO WORK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it stems from being a serious athlete from the time I was 3. I was an elite gymnast until 13 when I stopped and then switched into every sport I could play, until high school where I lettered in soccer and track and field. Then soccer in college and now I coach high school soccer. If I am not DYING during a workout or run, I don't want to do it because I don't feel like it's worth it you know? It also releases all those endorphines and I swear I am addicted lol! Sounds like you are turning into a bit of an exercise fiend yourself why do we torture ourselves lol?!

Kawaii-I'm glad to hear about 30DS, I might work it in with other stuff after I finish Insanity! YAY on downward scale movement lol! Good job, and keep it up! Trust me the working out is a great way to kickstart or increase calorie burn/metabolism and just makes you feel plain good after awhile! Keep it up, and have a great rest of the weekend!

Alright ladies going to check on the baby girl (daddy took the boy to the water park with his cousin joy for the quiet of the household lol!) hope any and all weigh ins tomorrow go well and here's to a great new week!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote