Old 08-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #46  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

I'm somewhere between 5'9 and 5'10.

I have jumped between loving and hating my height. I think if I were skinny I would love it, I just feel kind of like a giant when I'm big and tall. Plus finding a guy tall/big enough to make me feel feminine is not an easy task, granted I have managed to do it a few times over but I have often thought dating is SO much easier for short girls. Even tall guys seem to like the shorties, sigh.
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 265/213/180

Height: 6'1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay7jay View Post
I think if I were skinny I would love it, I just feel kind of like a giant when I'm big and tall.
OMG, THIS!! A lot of people tell me how they wish they were as tall as me (6'2, really?), but when they think of being tall, it's always SKINNY and tall. I always feel like a giant, and I'm hoping losing weight will help me feel just tall, not big and tall.
LongTallBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #48  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm 5'9.5" (not 5'9"... not 5'10"... smack dab in the middle...).

I want to be thin. I want to be the tall thin girl. I don't want to be the tall thick girl. My "official" goal is 140... but my "real" goal is to be somewhere in the mid to low 130's... at least once. My body could fluctuate and decide I'm better suited for higher... or lower. But yeah. My body has a smaller frame... so... yeah.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Kay7Jay you hit the nail on the head.

I'm a bit shy to begin with and adding the "Big and Tall" girl thing to it doesn't help. Therefore I have trouble dating. At times I have high confidence days but it's hard to sustain it when you feel "unfeminine" around most guys.

I think that once I get back down to 175ish and wear a size 10 again, I'll feel a bit better.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTallBee View Post
OMG, THIS!! A lot of people tell me how they wish they were as tall as me (6'2, really?), but when they think of being tall, it's always SKINNY and tall. I always feel like a giant, and I'm hoping losing weight will help me feel just tall, not big and tall.
I'm 6'3, the worst part about it was cracking my skull on the pull up bar in my basement while trying to do side straddle hops!

-L89

Last edited by Lurker89; 08-23-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
Kay7Jay you hit the nail on the head.

I'm a bit shy to begin with and adding the "Big and Tall" girl thing to it doesn't help. Therefore I have trouble dating. At times I have high confidence days but it's hard to sustain it when you feel "unfeminine" around most guys.

I think that once I get back down to 175ish and wear a size 10 again, I'll feel a bit better.
I actually refuse to go on dates until I get to a more comfortable weight. I just say no, because personally, I can't really be in a relationship with someone else if I'm not comfortable 100% with myself.

Hello fellow tall girls! I sometimes feel like a huge oaf. So many people I know and if I go out with them at night are 5'1-5'4 and skinny. I look extra huge then.
Aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Seriously, being tall + fat does make you feel like a giant. I've told my tiny pack of 5'2 friends before like I felt like I was chaperoning kindergarteners. (Yes, they put up with me )
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #53  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm with y'all on the "feeling like a giant". I got told by little kids once when I was 13 that I was "huge". They were three and four... they didn't know better... but they were telling it how... well... it was. For them at least.

I've had many times where I've been a head taller than everyone around me... and then half of those people grew taller... and I felt a little more normal... but I was still taller than them...
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Aishah - Thanks for the quote If your waiting until your "100% comfortable" with yourself, you may be waiting awhile. I understand wanting to wait a little longer but even models have body issues at times. Don't have unrealistic expectations. Good Luck.

Also this past weekend I unexpectedly ran into a college guy friend at a wedding who I've liked for awhile. After seeing him at the church, I experienced a minor panic attack. All these body issues came up big time. There was a 2-3 hour gap and I managed to meditate a little and calm myself down before the reception.

Things between us sort of heated up. I now have (non-delusional) reasons to believe he really likes me. I originally gave myself a deadline of 175 pounds before I'd start thinking about dating. It looks like I'm going to be forced to deal with these issues a little sooner than I would have wanted, But it's a totally good thing .

Last edited by Scarlett; 08-23-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 232/216/145

Height: 5'10''

I'm just under 5'10'' and I feel like being so tall has helped me carry my weight a little better but I'd love to be thin and tall. Clothes were made for us tall girls, right? Hopefully, I can get down to 140 by my birthday next year but if I'm honest my goal is 130 to 135. Tall, thin women just have this grace and sexiness about them. Let's see what it feels like in my body!
Mimi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #56  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

mimi- I WISH! I have soooo much trouble finding pants and tops long enough!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I am 5'9 and 179 currently. My first major goal is 150, I have never weighed anywhere near that at my current height and I would like to know how it feels. I would like to possibly hit 135-140? But that number seems scary and impossible so I have decided to stick with hitting 150 and seeing how my body looks and then make the decision from there.

I have never had a problem with my height, in fact I've never really given it much thought. Although I always thought it'd be nice to be that cute, tiny, skinny girl. But tallness is beautiful too. The only thing I do have a problem with is being tall and heavy. It just makes me feel like a beast! And I hate that feeling more than anything.
whatupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #58  
MUST COMMIT!!

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'9

Default Being tall has it's pros/cons

I'm so glad i found this forum!! It can be so hard being tall and trying to lose weight.

1) it's hard to exercise when you're not only fat but also tall... you just feel so large sometimes

2) we tall girls tend to carry our weight quite well, so it's so easy for us to just let our weight slide because we think we still look okay

Good luck to everyone here, and keep in mind: tall girls look so much better than short ones when we achieve our weight loss goals (:

reallystruggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:25 AM   #59  
Betsey

S/C/G: 232.2/185.5/160

I am 5'10 and am currently just above 215lbs. My ideal goal is to try to get down to 160, however, since I haven't been anywhere near that for many, many, many years, I'm sure that will all change.

I was told by one doctor that I should be anywhere from 130-170 lbs and since I have a bigger frame (I think, not sure its been hiding for awhile!), 160 just seems like a good weight for me!

To be honest though, my lowest weight I remember as an adult was 204 and being so close to it now, I am just glad to finally start seeing curves that isn't just extra fat hanging over! I still have a long way to go, but I really can feel some confidence again and it is great!

Best of luck to all you girls!
bt2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'11

Hi everyone! I'm between 5'10 and 5'11. My lowest weight was 140, so for now I'm going to say that's my goal weight. But hopefully some day I can get down to 135! Right now I'm at 155 and have been avoiding mirrors for weeks now. I don't want to live like that anymore! So starting right now I'm going to work my *** off (literally) and not stop until I'm proud. I totally understand feeling like a giant. Most of my friends are under 5'8 and incredibly thin. It's hard to feel comfortable! Lately I've even stopped going out with them because I feel so huge standing next to them. It's hard feeling like I can't live my life because of my weight.
Oh well - I'm determined to stay positive! We can do this tall girls
magsabags is offline   Reply With Quote