3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Anyone else trying to lose a person?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #76
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

I got the job!!!! I'm so excited, and for the icing on the cake I was offered $2/hr more than I anticiapted. Today cannot get any better!!!

Oh, and an update on the whole diet of choice thing: I ordered the 6 week body makeover this morning after watching the infomercial for the last time lol. I decided I should start from the get-go with eating actual food and not doing a fast diet of sorts so it'll be easier to transition to a lifestyle way of eating to maintain. I have seen that crazy infomercial countless times and always wanted to buy it but never got around to it. So hopefully I'll get that next week! But in the mean time I'm gonna get good use out of my protein shakes :-) I also brought some greek yogurt today with some sugar free strawberry preserves and I'll mix in some truvia when I'm gonna eat it. I forget where I saw that suggestion but it sounded so yummy!

Last edited by MsModelSara : 07-19-2011 at 12:28 PM.
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #77
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you. Now go out and celebrate! (OP of course)

"I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me!" -Selena Gomez

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

"You have failed only when you quit trying. Until then, you're still in the act of progression. So, never quit trying and you'll never be a failure."
for every 5lbs lost!

KittyKat1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #78
Losin' it

Thank you! :-) I will celebrate this weekend, I'm too tired today lol. And I don't get off til 8pm anyway -_-.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #79

S/C/G: SW 323/281/180

I too have an adult and small child to lose. It does get harder and harder as I get older....and I'm only 29! I find for myself, I will lose 10-20 llbs and then I'll gain it all back and more just by falling off the wagon for a few weeks. I think it's great to see so many ladies who have lost 20 + llbs and are still losing. I look at the weight tickers and see 50 lbs, 98 lbs lost and I think holy crap is it possible?!?! I can't even imagine losing that much and tying to imagine what I woud look like...blows my away!

I'm very excited to start on this journey!!
Mitsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #80
Losin' it

Thumbs up Oh yes!!

Mitsu - I feel you! I feel so encouraged by some of the ladies that have posted in here that have a lot to lose, and knowing that they have done it makes me feel like I can do it too! SO of course you can do it. SOn you and I willl be at maintenance, with our tickers showing how much we lost and new people will look at ours and think the exact same thing. :-D Oh yes, we can do it!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #81
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

MsModelSara: Congrats!!!! Send some of your good karma this way! I've been looking for a new job and maybe a change in my field, but there is really nothing right now over here.

Back in Shape
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #82

S/C/G: 260/243.5/150

Height: 5' 5"

@MsModelSara I'm glad you got the job! I feel that more good things are coming your way!

@Mitsu23 I feel that way all the time! Especially when I see before and after photos! I'm like wow! Some times it feels like it can't be done...but it can!

And I went and saw the Harry Potter movie last weekend....it was as said awesome! And The previews for the twilight movie and Jacob takes off his shirt....it was hot! (sorry non twilight people, but a man who takes off his shirt is a man I'd like to see, actually probably a boy in this case wait that sounds wrong). Anyways I've been weighing my self everyday and I don't know if that is beneficial or harmful?
lovelymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #83
Losin' it

sheramama - thank you! :-D I'm still geeked out lol. I am sending good karma vibes your way with new job sprinkles on top!! :-) Something will come along. I honestly didn't think I'd find a good enough job after graduating to even be able to afford to pay back my student loans -_-. It took me 4 months to find my first IT job and get my foot in the door, and it paid crap. It took me 2 weeks to get the job I'm at now, and my new job I start August 1st...kind of came by surprise! I had applied back when I was looking for my current job when I was jobless and the company decided it wasn't ready to interview people so I let it go and continued on my search. Then a month and a half later I got calls from that one as well as another one I was trying to interview for asking to interview me. I accepted one and turned down the other :-D.

So there are jobs out there, just be patient and and lean on Him because He WILL make sure you are ok. I was so close to losing my car, and my apartment when I was screwed over out of my job a month and a half ago, but something came up. He always provides for His children <3. I have faith something will come along for you as well. It's out there, you just have to find it!

lovelymuse - thanks girlie! I feel like lots of good things are coming too...and it feels great! Harry Potter was pretty amazing. You better believe I'll be buying the box set when it's released! lol I didn't see a preview for Twilight when I went, We went to the drive-in and it kinda bypassed the previews.

Weighing everyday, in my opinion, stresses people out. I'd vote for doing it only once a week, keep the scale in a closet and only bring it out on one day a week to check your progress. If you get obsessive over weighing in it could cause you to stall from stressing over it. JMO
Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #84
The Awesomeness!

Hey there people losers! Just a quick check-in. Woke up this morning and I was down to 238! That is 27lbs lost in 1 1/2 months. So excited! Last time I tackled weight loss I got down to this weight and then just kind of fell off and went right back up. This time I know it is different. My attitude is different and I am ready to make this change.

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

"You have failed only when you quit trying. Until then, you're still in the act of progression. So, never quit trying and you'll never be a failure."
for every 5lbs lost!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #85
Being Me-Inside and Out

MsModelSara: Thanks!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed.

LovelyMuse: Jacob is my fav too. I, however, knew him as Shark Boy from Shark Boy and Lava Girl which made rounds in my house with both my kids. It was a lil weird to be drooling over someone that young but we all did a happy dance in the office when he turned 18 and was legal lol. My daughter has been in love with Edward since the beginning. (She's 7. She even has a shrine to him lol.)

KittyKat: Great job on the weight loss. If only I lost that fast! I was just happy I lost the pound I gained over the weekend (After getting friendly with good ole' Captain Morgan.)

Back in Shape
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #86
The Awesomeness!

Mmmmmm how is my dear long lost friend? lol I have missed him oh so much. And we can't forget Jose! Trust me girl, I'm bustin' my butt to lose this fast. Starting with a trainer on Saturday. What routine are you using?

for every 5lbs lost!

Old 07-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #87
Being Me-Inside and Out

KittyKat: Captain is doing good, Jose also had some fun the other night. How did you know? LOL. Right now, cardio and stregnth...general stuff from dvds, wii, etc. I'm going back to 30 day shred when my guy decides to fix the dvd player/surround sound/expensive piece of crap. I also started circuit training via Brad Schoenfeld's techniques (trained Miss Olympias) that I swore by in college...ie PRE-children. Good luck with your trainer!

Back in Shape
Old 07-21-2011, 02:27 AM   #88

S/C/G: 279/279/160

Height: 5'7''

I'm also 're-joining' and I have a person to lose as well! Determined to work hard and stay on track! I'm cheering you on!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be"
sterbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #89
Losin' it

Congrats kittykat!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO!! Keep it movin along :-)

sterbear - welcome! You can do it, just stay focused and determined, and seek out positive people to motivate you :-)

So, I woke up this morning and my eyes are SO swollen!! They feel like they are being sucked back in to my head -_- Ugh. I'm not sure what's going on...I gotta do some research on it. My gut feeling is telling me I'm having an autoimmune attack, but I'm not 100% sure yet. Last time I had one my throat (inside and outside) got real sore and tender, which is the norm for hashi's. But I will figure it out.

Good news: I got the email that my 6WBMO kit got shipped out today! I'm too psyched. I trolled their boards to find all kinds of recipes that are plan friendly so I don't get bored with the food. I found more than enough to rotate and keep me interested until I can come up with my own versions. :-D I can't wait to start!!!

Update: Yea, this is deff a Hashi's attack, I feel the pressure/shooting pains in my thyroid gland area now and I don't like it *whine*.

Last edited by MsModelSara : 07-21-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Updated post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #90

S/C/G: 260/243.5/150

Height: 5' 5"

@KittyKat1465 27 LBS lost! Congrats!!! That's amazing! Have your clothes started falling off yet?

@MsModelSara I'm excited for you too, def need you to keep us updated not only on how the kit goes with you but also how you're feeling with the hashi attack.

The scale is in the bathroom so everytime I get out the shower I step on lol probably a bad idea and I'll try to limit myself to once a week. This weekend is going to be a test of will power...I'm saying a loud prayer!
lovelymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.