Old 07-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #31  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Arrow

dragonfly - hunny, if you feel rejected after not hearing back from a guy after just 1 day....smh. First I'd like to touch on the fact you're upset he isn't texting you: have you tried calling him? Or are you waiting by your phone for him to contact you? Maybe he is waiting for you to call because he doesn't wanna jump the gun? Some guys are shy when it ocmes to getting close to a girl. Maybe he just feels all of that great conversation was just a friendly heart to heart; you did say you guys were just close friends right? It's very possible that he has no idea you are romatically interested. You need to tell him that, not be upset he isn't texting you.

And as for your image issues: being 5'6" and 143 lbs is a normal healthy weight for your height. As many others have said, you do not to be rail thin to be attractive to a guy. Women come in ALL shapes, sizes, colors, and weights..that's what makes them so beautiful. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be a cookie cutter reflection of what I see in a magazine or on a runway in paris. No wonder girls have such twisted views of their bodies, these models that show us "what is beautiful" are so thin they are literally sick. I've seen shows where models are actually turned away from jobs because they were TOO skinny!! That is not a good look. Embrace your body, learn to love yourself. No guy is gonna wanna be with you for the long haul if you can't even love yourself. Guys don't like to constantly hear nagging about how unperfect you are, it can lead to issues in a relationship because you are going to always assume he is looking at other girls, and it will push him away.

Take some time to reflect on things before getting emotional about being rejected, I have a feeling he doesn't even know you are feeling that way. Take it slow so it doesn't damage your friendship, see if he feels the same way you do before diving in with your whole heart girl. Great things take time. <3

I met my guy at college. I never even noticed him because I pretty much ignored guys all together (this was back when i was thinner and sexy ;-) ) because I knew they weren't interested in ME, just in how I looked. But after a few months, I noticed this one guy that kept looking at me...never said anything. I got tired of waiting, so I approached him in the parking lot one day about a month later. By then I had already started gaining weight, but he didn't care that I wasn't a size 2. We started dating, getting to know eachother.....this December we will have been together for 2 years now. AND I have the equivalent of a small child's weight on my body that wasn't there when we started dating. Not all guys care THAT much about what you weigh...and if they do, they don't really love you for you. Isn't that what a woman wants? I know I do...once you find a man like that, you know you found the one <3 Let me climb down off my soap box now

Best of luck to you!!

Last edited by MsModelSara; 07-13-2011 at 09:16 AM.
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #32  

I highly recommend reading any book by Geneen Roth (Women, Food, and God or When Food is Love, she has many...)...it has nothing to do with weight, even though many of us women (including me!!!) think it is!
Mexico224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #33  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Lol

Can I just resurface this ancient thread I started in 2011?

I have now been married for 5 years to this 'guy' I was feeling so rejected by about 8 years ago. He was shy and probably called me the next day after I posted this. So funny to read this.

Oh, to be 143 pounds! 2 kids later and I'm many pounds heavier. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to lose the weight for a second time when you're 10 years older and have two toddlers!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:46 PM   #34  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly21 View Post
Can I just resurface this ancient thread I started in 2011?

I have now been married for 5 years to this 'guy' I was feeling so rejected by about 8 years ago. He was shy and probably called me the next day after I posted this. So funny to read this.

Oh, to be 143 pounds! 2 kids later and I'm many pounds heavier. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to lose the weight for a second time when you're 10 years older and have two toddlers!
Nice to hear it worked out for you and the "guy."
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #35  

wonder if this worked out
emily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #36  

hope so
emily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:10 AM   #37  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily123 View Post
wonder if this worked out
It did. She posted this: Can I just resurface this ancient thread I started in 2011?

MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:08 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 400/282/270

Height: 6'4"

People ask me all, ALL the time...Willy, Willy, how did you get so g*ddam sexy? I tell them..."All you got to do, is FEEL sexy baby!" I love it when a woman makes the first move. It shows strength of character and self confidence! U r obviously a bad A**, take no prisoners. Say something smart or witty.
William47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:50 PM   #39  

Take it one day at a time! I know the struggle
superwoman33 is offline   Reply With Quote