Old 06-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #16  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

JLnichols: oooh waterpark, I haven't been in eons. Maybe as you are getting near goal you are subconciously relaxing a little. What I mean is that you look great and you look slim/thin. You will pass 129 soon enough!!
Riestrella: WELL DONE YOU! like seriously, I want to be where you are. Good luck with your training
Julia: YAY I swear that is like the greatest milestone!! congrats
Femrumbas: They WILL go... they better *shakes fist* lol
Rainbow: chocolate cravings are a mother, so are feeling like you deserve a treat, it's so hard to say no when you kinda really believe you deserve it lol Hope you found something good for lunch
Kawaii: London has been crazy hot lately, we also never have air con!! apart from the trains..oooh I may just miss my stop to stay on it.

As for me I'm going to see bb king tonight. Which would be greater if I wasn't a tad stressed with this new job. I have pediatric 1st aid training for the rest of the week and i'm kind of stressing about having to administer it. Also there is free lunch provided but i'm planning on taking my own and mustering the will power to not eat all the free goodies.

Last edited by supergir111; 06-28-2011 at 02:25 AM.
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:50 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii I wish I was too hot to eat. I have become an eating machine these days, it's craziness. Hope you get some respite from the heat at some point!

supergirl Yeah, oh man chocolate cravings are terrible and I'm having them all the time now. Last night I had one big time, today I gave into it as well haha. Good willpower taking your own lunch and avoiding the free one! I hope the pediatric first aid isn't too stressful for you!

~Gave into the chocolate craving, but I sometimes don't know when to stop! I got a Bounty bar thinking it was a good choice because there are two small bars in the packet, and I figured I'd just have one...but of course I ate both. Urgh. Just had chili for dinner, which was good, but I had a few corn chips and non low fat cheese urghhhhhh. But I'm feeling ok about it in the long run. I got to the point where I was way too obsessed and I'm trying to find a mid ground somewhere! I'm just not there yet...and I just had cake. Hah. Time to stop eating! I swear I am becoming a bottomless pit or something....
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #18  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

rainbowstripe - What do you have for breakfast before work? I think it's very important to cram in a good fulfilling breakfast or halfway through work you'll want to eat everything! As for the chocolate craving, it happens! I know you had the best intention with the Bounty but really...does that ever work?! I know it wouldn't for me!!

KawaiiCandie - Drink plenty of water in that hot weather you're having! And don't worry about the scales, just keep going and you'll see change =)

supergir111 - Great plan with taking your own food! I have to fight the urge at work every day to not buy any yummyness (get 40% off too, it's a nightmare!)

---

Waking up to a new day and it's a beautiful day outside! Looks like the perfect day to start day 2 of my 10k training - a 2.5 mile run. I weighed in today and I'm still at the 183 lbs mark, but I'm not worrying because I haven't began the heart of the training yet! Yesterday was strength/stretching, so I did a lot of things with dumbbell weights and ab work.

I went through Jillian Michaels Making The Cut workout glossary and I wrote down all the exercises that I enjoy doing and I think I've got a good balance of arms, shoulders, back, chest, abs and leg exercises. Just got to find some sort of routine with them.

I was watching a film last night (Before the Devil Knows You're Dead -yawn) and it was SO HARD to not get a snack. I have this AWFUL habit of feeling hungry whenever I sit down to watch TV or a Film. But I succeeded! Woohoo!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #19  

Riestrella The trick of having mini bars really did used to work for me, but as I think is fairly obvious, my willpower is suffering a bit. You've hit it right on the button with breakfast - I also used to eat pretty decent breakfasts but with my new job and being up/starting earlier than I'm used to, I'm having issues stomaching food that early. I've been kind of trying to eat something while at work around 9.30 or 10am...because eating at the desk is no issue - but I'm stupid, so by the time I get to that time I have a bad way of thinking which goes something along the lines of "it's 10am...if you wait til lunch at 12.30 or 1pm then you'll have extra calories for later" - it's silly.
Congrats on succeeding on no snacking during the movie! I'm not sure what plan you're doing but have you thought of a low cal snack so you're not depriving yourself entirely? Nonbuttered/oiled/salted popcorn is actually pretty low calorie and you can have a fair amount for minimal impact.

~I made a cake. And I ate some frosting. Oops. I thought it'd be nice to make one as we have some clients over from Australia who will be in our offices tomorrow doing interviews (I work at a recruitment agency). I also thought it would be nice for my coworkers. But I know I'm going to have issues avoiding the cake. I don't plan on it, but I need to limit it to ONE SMALL PIECE as it's a very rich double layer frosted cake.
Anyway, have a date with Teen Wolf haah!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #20  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

JL - Maybe if you ignore the scale for a bit and not stress or think about weight loss so much as a number you might see the scale go down? I don't know sometimes that works for me.

Riestrella - Good luck with the 10K you can do this! Also, I can't just watch TV or a movie anymore I have to also be playing on my computer at the same time...haha so bad.

doubtingJulia - Yay for not being obses!

Ferumbras - I have said this numourous of times, the scale is an a$$hole. Losing inches is way better then the scale. Trust me sometimes I look 10 pounds lighter then I am. The second I step on the scale it's like SERIOUSLY WTF! It's just a number that likes to taunt us and is extremely frusterating. haha

Rainbow - I find myself more hungry at work too, but my job I do nothing but sit at a desk and find ways to entertain myself which is bad bad bad because it's not busy enough for me. But from what you said your job is constantly busy? I don't know maybe pack a few more healthier snacks with you to help you through the day?

===

I did only 15 minutes of Insanity yesterday which I don't care it's better then nothing. I also did C25K with sweets which was good so a total of 45 minutes instead of an hour and ten. Today it's the same thing. I'm going to finally go pick up my last pay from the job I got fired from haha it's been a week since she asked me to come in, but quite frankly I've been busy I have a routine which I'm not in the mood to break until today. I'm doing things backwards. Pick up my cheque, go to sweets for c25K training (were doing it 5 days this week because last week we missed two. This is our last day for week 1. then tomororw week 2 starts. Then I'll head home do insanity and CLEAN! God i've been meaning to clean for so long, I need to organize too. I think I need to buy a small dresser because I have too much clothing for two drawers and I hate hanging **** so it all just lays where-ever I put it haha.

Happy Tuesday/Wednesday I love short weeks!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #21  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

rainbowstripe - I think as long as you eat something in the morning you'll feel better about yourself. Saving yourself for dinner time, in my experience, always ends up with me eating more later on in the day. I end up saving my third meal of the day until really late at night and that's baaaad. You should try and eat some breakfast, you'll get used to it I'm sure!
I don't have any sort of diet plan, I just eat my 3 meals a day and cut out caffeine, sugar, junk food etc. I don't snack because really I don't need to. I don't NEED food I just think I do sometimes! It's the exercise that's key for me to lose weight.

MiZTaCCen - Oh dear, why were you fired?! I got fired from a job for not turning up to a shift in my first week or so there, whoops! It was an awful job though, the people there weren't nice and I'm so happy I didn't keep it! Good luck with your plan today, hope you manage to get everything done. I should tidy up my room now that you mention it >_>.

---

Well, I went on my run! Did 2 miles in 21 minutes. It was a bit tough, I'm definitely a smidge out of shape but so far so good! I made myself a new ticker too since I <3 the tickers hehe.

Last edited by Riestrella; 06-28-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #22  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone,
I'm still new to this forum but I'm so inspired by all of your hard work! I have two little ones at home and I am finding I need some adult support to kick the baby weight and get my butt back into shape!

Riestrella-that's awesome about the 2.5 mile time, that's really good! I know what you mean about it being tough, I just started running again after not running since in was 6 months pregnant (almost a year ago) and it SUCKS lol!

Mitz-no worries about insanity. Today was my first running with cross country/doing full insanity wirk out and it was completely ridiculous. Yesterday ran 4 miles with xcounrty and today was 3.5 WAY faster than if I was alone and insanity definitely suffered. I still was sweating and working but man incouldnt do any power jacks to save my life on the third circuit lol. Just make it up you'll do great!

Rainbowstripe-I feel you on the frosting I just ate some chocolate chips I was using to make dessert for my son's little party lol oh well I will push my baby girl in the stroller later.

Keep up the great work everyone and thanks for all the encouraging stories and advice!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #23  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

munstermommy - Thank you! I actually have to take back that time, I actually ran 2 miles after viewing the satellite mode on MapMyRun I realised I was marking it wrong! Oh welly. I'll be running the 2.5 on Thursday, hopefully I can do myself proud! Running for the first time can either be surprisingly awesome or just a mess!
Have you thought about home work out DVDs if you're looking after little people?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:47 AM   #24  

MiZ Constantly busy, but still the majority of it is sitting at my desk. I do get up at least once an hour or more and wander around the office, or deliver things to other peoples desks, but it's not an active job by any means haha. I hate cleaning, I wish you luck with that - boyfriend and I's room is a mess right now haha. Though to be fair, most of it is his mess.

Riestrella I don't save till dinner, I actually eat pretty good lunches (which is still a surprise to me haha). I think it's just the after lunch snacking I need to get a hold on. I also like a larger dinner, but I've managed to lose all the weight I've lost so far with that so I think it's ok. I know why I'm at this stand still, I just have to get over the things I'm doing wrong and try to correct them a bit! Congrats on the run! I need to get back into it but it's too dark now when I get home from work so I am not sure how I can until it's at least spring again here.

munster Hey there! Don't worry about a few chocolate chips. It must be hard with kids! The frosting was good but it had real chocolate and was made with butter, so definitely not a low calorie option haha...but I figure it's not like I'm making a cake everyday or even every week so it's ok! Moderation I say...

~Oh man this week is so busy at work, I don't know why. I feel like maybe I just take on too much and let people give me lots to do? But then again I think it's good to be busy at work...I figure...I'm at work to work, they're paying me to work, I may as well get there when I'm meant to, work as hard/do as much as I can, have a break, do some more work and then go home.
But here is where I know I need to do something - work leaves me so tired, I don't want to exercise and I don't. I get home and want to relax, so I do. Seriously, does work and working full time ever get less exhausting? I am struggling to figure out how I can exercise as well. Morning is totally not an option as I really can't cope with any less sleep, and I go to bed pretty early as it is.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #25  
Lifes a Journey

Riestrella - Didn't fit in with the snotty catty crap and she pretty much didn't like that I wasn't at her beck and call like her other employee's. I didn't dedicate myself to the job like everyone else has, and I didn't put up with anyone's crap lol so theirs a few reasons I don't care tho it was only Part - Time and they didn't know how to run anything properly. for the 2 miles in 21 minutes!

munstermommy - Thanks and sounds like you're doing great too! Keep it up especially with the running! Oh man I wish I could run like that!

rainbowstripe - Are you doing your own work, PLUS other's people's or are you just doing your own work? Be careful with that, my friend works for an insurance company and people pile all their work on her desk expecting her to do it. It becomes exhausting mentally and physically. If it's other peoples dropping stuff on your desk that their suppose to be doing, I suggest nipping that in the butt right away. People take advantage of that and once you get so far into it and you want to say no it makes it even harder because you've been doing it so long. Now if it's just all your work and you have a lot well thats another story. haha, either way yes when I was working two job I didn't workout at all I enjoyed my napping between the two way too much!

===

I did day 3 of C25K yesterday, so day 1 of week 2 starts today! I'm a little excited. Sweets and I went to chapters, I bought some books then I went home and kicked INSANITY in the *** last night! I was sweating like crazy but damn did I ever feel good. I was doing it while having extreme makeovers on TV lol. I was exhausted I was out by 10 pm lastnight so it was good! I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning tho. Boo and then called my mom who has depressing news. It's like DUDE it's 5:30am wtf! Can't you wait until mid day bajesus! Oh on a cute note a deer was running through the streets! I was gonna take a picture but I was on the phone, plus driving, plus trying not to be late for work. I was also going to follow it the poor thing was soo scared. I hope the little bugger is alright!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #26  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Mitz-after you finish the c25k you will be able to run easily that far especially if you keep training after you are done with the program. I think it has more to do with the fact that I am trying to keep up with a bunch of teenagers that is motivating me with the running, I don't want to look like a major woose lol! Super sore today tho with some serious ankle issues so I'm taking the day off of running and just busting out the Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs day (holy **** that one is freakin hard!).

Rainbowstripe-thanks for the encouragement about the chocolate chips, I think that sometimes you just have to have a little something so you don't go and eat a whole can of frosting or something lol.

Riestrella-I have actually been doing Insanity (a truly INSANE workout system on DVD) and running with cross country before anyone in the house is remotely awake lol. It really is a good idea to do the DVD stuff with little ones, and mine are little 3 years and 6 months. Thanks!

So this morning the scale is down to 162! Thats just after 16 days of Insanity! Woooohoooooo! I am super stoked! I can't wait to be in the 150s on track to my goal. Thanks ladies!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #27  
Lifes a Journey

Munster - today is Cardio Circuit, last night was suppose to be Pure cardio but I didn't have my calender with me and did Cardio Power and resistance. whoops and at one point I was so into globe jumps that I didn't realize they switched over to a different excercise. haha.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Munster: 162? Awesome you'll be at your goal in no time. And today is Day 17 of Insanity I'm guessing? Your doing great! Keep up the hard work.

MiZ: I hate when I get bad news in the morning...makes my whole day crappier it feels like. Awesome about the good workout yesterday! Between you and Munster both of yall are doing AWESOME with Insanity!

Rainbow: I guess the reason I think your life is so exciting is because it seems like your constantly doing something lol. My life is pretty dull and repetitive! Hope you can figure out how to get your workouts in..I had that problem working full time and trying to exercise it sucks. BTW your new picture on the Photo Thread are awesome..your super tiny!

Riest: Great job running! I'm sure it is tough..but it'll get easier!

OKAY. So to make myself accountable I will be honest and say although I had a blast at the waterpark..I went WAY over my calories and sadly woke up this morning to see 133.6 on the scale..I didn't even want to weigh this morning because I knew it was going to be bad..but so far today ..has been good so I just gotta look forward and not backward...I'm pretty upset that as of right now I've only lost .4 lbs since the beginning of June since I've messed up so badly! I suck bad. I'm going to get my workout in today though and going to keep myself on track for the rest of the week..I dont know where my willpower and motivation has gone these past 2 months but I really need to find them! I dont know if it's because I'm comfortable between 129 and 132 or what...but I WANT to get down to my goal weight and I have to find the determination within me..it doesn't help that our cooking at home has lessened and our eating out has increased! BLAH. Today WILL be better though!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

JL: Don't beat yourself up! It's good to relax occasionally, esp. at a place like a waterpark. You'll be back on track before you know it!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #30  
Lifes a Journey

JL it's just because of the salt, you'll be back down in no time drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. and thank you, damn insanity is insane but I love it at times!

===

So my day just seems to get crappier and crappier I'm in such a foul mood and I'm really getting tired of listening to everyone else's problems. gosh darned with sprinkles on top it fix your own life. Like my BBF complain about how her days is going bad after I told her I wasn't having a good day. Did you not just hear me say my day sucks? so why the **** am I gonna care about your same old **** every day because your too stupid to fix your life! Yes this is my angry rant!

I'm tired and want to cry and I just canceled my July vacation back home because I can't afford it and now I'm going to miss the spreading of my Grampa's ashes. Boo I'm trying to be positive, well I'm done work in 25 minutes thats positive right? and I guess I'll go bust my *** off with Insanity, then c25k week two day 1 to get my frustrations out!

Thanks for listening