Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/216/140

Height: 5'3

Question College Friends Coming to Town

My college friends and I are planning an mini reunion in October and I want to look better then they've ever seen me!! I have 5 months to go and I dont even know where to start... I seriously think I have a food addiction and it just keeps getting worse!!.. I try to munch on healthy snacks but it seems like I'm never satsified. To top it off I've become SUPER lazy!! I know I've been in a slump lately but I'm not sure how to get out of it. I'm a single Mom who doesnt have a lot of friends and it seems like I'm always home. I know the simple solutions are to go for walks or take my son to the park.. but that's easier said then done when you work 6 days a week.

I hope this kicks me in the butt and gets myself motivated... but more importantly I really need to figure out a game plan to get myself back on the right track!!
No Will Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

One thing I learned from another thread on here is that chromium and cinnamin really cut down on the food cravings. At some Walmarts you can get in combined in one capsule but I have to buy them seperately and take several tablets.

Also processed carbs really make you sluggish and cause food cravings too. Cut way back on starchy things and baked goods etc. Once your system gets rid of that stuff you get way more energy.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #3  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

You can do it girl Baby steps! Focus on your eating first.. and the weight you lose from that may motivate you to get some exercise in there.. Walks/park time with your son are a good start.. And I'm sure he'd love them..

I work 6 days a week too.. So I know it's hard.. Maybe go on a walk after dinner?

Good luck!
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Calorie counting may or may not be your thing, but this was a huge education for me when I first started losing. Here's basically what I did- Start keeping track and write down everything you eat. Fun? No. Effective? Yes. Once you start recording it, you can see where you can make changes. A 3500 calorie deficit equals 1 pound lost, so if you make a 500 calorie a day deficit, you will lose 1 pound a week, 1000 calorie a day deficit= 2 lbs/week, and so on. Google "active metabolic rate" to figure out how many calories your body uses to function during the day. Eating less than this and/or making your body burn more calories through exercise will create the calorie deficits that you want! Yes, there's math involved, but I was weirdly fascinated by totaling up my calorie deficits for the week, especially at first. It was satisfying to quantiify all the hard work I was doing. And, there was no guess work about why I was or wasn't losing. If I only lost 1 pound in a week, I usually knew exactly why. Anyway, that's how I went about creating a plan of attack, hopefully some of this is helpful! It seems labor-intensive at first I know, but once you learn how many calories are in the foods you usually eat, it gets much much easier. You are worth it to find the time and put in the work !

Last edited by tuende; 06-17-2011 at 10:43 PM.
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/216/140

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the tips... I have been focusing on calories and total fat... but i just really dont care sometimes... Maybe I'm not serious about it yet... but i feel like I need to be!!
No Will Power is offline   Reply With Quote