Old 05-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 387/376.2/180

Height: 5'8

Talking I want a weight loss buddy!!

I need a weightloss buddy!!!

Hey there my name is Kiara and I am new to this site but the more positive success stories i read the more inspired i feel and the more i cant wait to continue this journey...i need to lose 207 pounds in all but my first goal will be to lose fifty! I am currently do weight watchers, limiting myself to 38 points a day, unlimited fruits and veggies, but not going over 1800 calories and 60g of fat per day as I am also taking Alli and exceeding those ranges apparently give you terrible side effects (i wouldnt know personally though) today is Day 2 of my journey and Im looking for people who have been where I am and are still trying to reach their goal, people who are positive and motivating!
Ready4aBrandNewME5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there Kiara =) Welcome to 3FC

I'm a WW member, too. You'll find others all over 3FC who are positive and upbeat about the changes they're making.

I'm just curious about the number of points you're using. Are you using the new PointsPlus or the older version? Did you get that number from the test or online? Or did you just pick a number of points? I only ask because I'm a smidge taller than you and I still get 50 points a day with the newer PointsPlus system. I would hate to see you not getting enough points each day.

Just in case you need there's a WW section and a 300lb+ area (both of which I frequent) that you might find helpful or interesting. =)

Best of wishes and congrats for starting your journey!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #3  

Thank you for your response! I am using the older version of weight watchers and I just used the first to digits of my weight to get the amount of points but taking the test online i am actually allowed 45. I think i may stick to 38 though because I generally dont go over 30 simply because I eat a lot of fruits and veggies to fill me up. But its good to know technically I have 45 just in case I choose a higher point meal. Best wishes to you as well
Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4aBrandNewME5 View Post
Thank you for your response! I am using the older version of weight watchers and I just used the first to digits of my weight to get the amount of points but taking the test online i am actually allowed 45. I think i may stick to 38 though because I generally dont go over 30 simply because I eat a lot of fruits and veggies to fill me up. But its good to know technically I have 45 just in case I choose a higher point meal. Best wishes to you as well
If you're using the older Points version of the plan make sure that you're calculating food via the old Points calculations as well. The newer PointsPlus calculations are entirely different, and made to coincide with the new daily points only. Don't mix the two or your tracking isn't going to be accurate.

I love fruits and veggies,too. I've been adding a ton to meals, and they can really fill you up quick for snacks. With summer coming now, there are so many berries and the like coming up in season. Makes me excited ^^
Old 05-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #5  

Yes! I had to break out my old points calculator! and I went to the store and stocked up on steam-in-bag broccili along with canalope, red grapes,pears, apples and bananas! What I also noticed that helps me is portion control. I only eat the suggested serving on the container, everything is low fat, lite, or fat free! When I came home from shopping I sat down and calculated the points, calories and grams of fat per serving that way when i make a meal and write it down in my food journal (which along with the Alli is keeping me super honest!) I can refer to my food list and have the calculations on hand! I cant wait to go to the local farmers market this summer and stock up on fruits and veggies!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

I use those steam-in-bag veggies so many nights a week! Less than 5 minutes and the microwave and right there a heaping portion of veggies. Incredibly convenient. I like seeing the changes your making already. Even just watching the portions they put on containers of things. It's kinda crazy out of of control my portions used to be.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:23 AM   #7  

i know and after the first day i was noticing that i got full off the small portions through out the day i snack on fruit or maybe a serving pretzels to keep me from overeating at main meal times.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #8  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi and welcome

I'm on WW too! I'm on the Point Plus system though and I've started just 12 days ago. If you want to share about it or exange receipe ideas, I'll be around!

Best wishes!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
Hi and welcome

I'm on WW too! I'm on the Point Plus system though and I've started just 12 days ago. If you want to share about it or exange receipe ideas, I'll be around!

Best wishes!
Hello! thank you so much for ur response! what meals do you have that are filling but low in points?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4aBrandNewME5 View Post
Hello! thank you so much for ur response! what meals do you have that are filling but low in points?
I might have some ideas for you I have found TONS of receipes online, but having started just 12 days ago, I only tried a few of them

2 days ago, I had a crustless quiche (crust are SOOO full of points, hugh!) of smoked salmon, leeks, mushrooms and tomatoes. A quarter of the quiche was about 6 or 7 points but it was really filling. I ate that with a salad and I was full by the end of the plate

I found a receipe of shrimps and tomatos couscous, one portion being about 6 points. I've never really been into couscous, but this receipe made me like it a lot, tomatos really brings a lot to it

I also really like making healthy pizza but I switch the crust (once again, crust is kinda evil hihi) for a tortilla (2 points!) and I put pastrami slices on it (about 1 point per slice), tons of good veggies, low calories tomato sauce and low fat cheese (sometimes I had low fat feta cheese, it adds a really good flavor to it!)

I also have a receipe of healthy muffin (not really a ''meal'' but really cool when you're hungry between 2 meals and sick of eating carrots ) their made of wheat flour,oats flour and fat free plain yogourt ,I trade the butter for unsweetened apple sauce and finally throw fruits in it (strawberries are delicious in that) The muffin are so THICK and filling, I'm good to go for another few hours (only 2 points per muffin )

If you like veggies soup to calm the appetite before you eat the big meal, I made a delicous carrots and orange soup that count for 0 points! (there's only carrots, orange, spices and low fat broth in it)

That's what I've experienced so far, if you want the complete receipes of some of them, just tell me, I'll send you the site or traduce them for you (some of them are in french héhé)

Have a good day

Last edited by TurboMammoth; 05-18-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
I might have some ideas for you I have found TONS of receipes online, but having started just 12 days ago, I only tried a few of them

2 days ago, I had a crustless quiche (crust are SOOO full of points, hugh!) of smoked salmon, leeks, mushrooms and tomatoes. A quarter of the quiche was about 6 or 7 points but it was really filling. I ate that with a salad and I was full by the end of the plate

I found a receipe of shrimps and tomatos couscous, one portion being about 6 points. I've never really been into couscous, but this receipe made me like it a lot, tomatos really brings a lot to it

I also really like making healthy pizza but I switch the crust (once again, crust is kinda evil hihi) for a tortilla (2 points!) and I put pastrami slices on it (about 1 point per slice), tons of good veggies, low calories tomato sauce and low fat cheese (sometimes I had low fat feta cheese, it adds a really good flavor to it!)

I also have a receipe of healthy muffin (not really a ''meal'' but really cool when you're hungry between 2 meals and sick of eating carrots ) their made of wheat flour,oats flour and fat free plain yogourt ,I trade the butter for unsweetened apple sauce and finally throw fruits in it (strawberries are delicious in that) The muffin are so THICK and filling, I'm good to go for another few hours (only 2 points per muffin )

If you like veggies soup to calm the appetite before you eat the big meal, I made a delicous carrots and orange soup that count for 0 points! (there's only carrots, orange, spices and low fat broth in it)

That's what I've experienced so far, if you want the complete receipes of some of them, just tell me, I'll send you the site or traduce them for you (some of them are in french héhé)

Have a good day
The muffins sound so good! though i never used wheat and oat flour (not much of a baker) is the process easy for beginning bakers? I would love to make the quiche but may i ask what are leeks? also I dont know what couscous is either but it sounds really good....could you send me the link to the recipe site? thanks so much!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #12  

Hi Kiara! (My name is Manon by the way!)

The muffins are REALLY easy to do : it's something like ''mix all the liquid ingredient together, mix all the dry ingredient together, mix the 2 mixes'' and that's it If you're not really used to the whole wheat flour, you can start by putting hald whole wheat, half white flour.

Leek : that has a bit of the onion texture, but much sweeter. It's a veggie it blends really well with salmon! you can look for that on wikipedia, you probably saw it at the grocery but never really paid attention to it..

Couscous look a bit like rice, but smaller, and basically come from North Africa culture (Morroco, Algeria, etc) I cook it in chicken or veggies broth and 1 cup is about 4 point, and I throw in it some tomatoes, rasp carrots, shrimps, a bit of onion. The best about couscous is that it's ready in like 10 minutes, really cool when you're really hungry : it's ready really fast!

I'll try to find the websites of all the recipes and I'll get back to you as soon as I can
Old 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #13  

Omg i just found a box of cous cous in my cabinet! ive had it before just never knew what it was...my ma cooks it...its like really small pasta! yeah i love it and its great with broccili and mushrooms...I will def try adding shrimp and other veggies! also for seasonings I use the Dash brand as its salt free but has awesome flavors.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #14  

i have awesome omelet recipes as well!
Old 05-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #15  

Couscous + brocoli and mushroom : I'll definitely try it