Old 04-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #16  
Captain of Cool

S/C/G: 205/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

I don't really have a deadline either. I like the challenges on here (such as less jiggly by july 4) because it gives me a goal to work toward and stay motivated. That said, I try not to set my heart on my goals. For instance, my goal for this challenge is 155, which I think is pretty realistic (about a pound a week), but if I make it to the 150's at ALL, I'll still be thrilled. Just try to stay optimistic. =)
PicklesThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #17  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Quote:
at 5'9, 285lbs, i fit perfectly into a size 24 dress at david's bridal, they have up to 26 i think. don't panic!
Thanks k0nfy... that makes me feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been absolutely terrified to go, the thought of going there and having nothing to try on scares me. They do go up to a size 26W, I have no idea if I'll fit into that or not, but would hope so!! Lots of ladies our size get married all the time (is what I keep telling myself). And hopefully (fingers crossed) in a month or two after they'll have to take it in a bit
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #18  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

they had at least 10 dresses in the store for me to try on at 22 or 24, and the one i ended up getting fit me perfectly right off the shelf and is so flattering it actually gave me a waist! THIS is the one i got, (plus my review w/ pic!) and i'm hoping by the time of the wedding it won't be snug, just comfy the best advice i got is to buy a dress for your shape now, not what it might be in the 20 pounds you plan to lose before the ceremony, because with all the stress to lose and plan at the same time (plus all the parties! bridal showers, bachelorette parties, etc) right before the wedding it's hard enough to just maintain.

i've made my hubby to be promise me a set of professional photos for when i hit my goal weight to make up for 'fat' wedding photos. but i'm so happy to be marrying him, i'm not worried about a possible double chin or belly roll showing up in the pics

Last edited by konfyoozed; 04-29-2011 at 02:37 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #19  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

That dress is gorgeous! I've heard of some dramatic actions being taken for some brides to be to look super skinny on their big day, so I'm happy that you're happy with going with the flow! You're going to enjoy yourself so much more that way and not worry about how you look. It's about you and your partner sharing something so special and romantic, so it's just about you and him not you and an audience!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #20  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

I have monthly goals from the 6th to the 6th to lose 7lbs each month, so far so good but i'm not expecting to ride this train to goal. Really my only goal is to be slimmer this September than the last time I saw my bfs grandma so she could chill out with the fat digs. I have already done this though
Oh and my older sister is getting married in 2012, would be nice to be much smaller than now for dress fittings
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #21  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

thanks riestrella

sorry about hijacking your thread to yammer about my wedding, but it seems like that's such a huge, looming deadline for a lot of women. like I HAVE TO LOSE BEFORE THE WEDDING OR I DON'T GET TO GO ON MY HONEYMOON! (extra caps and exclamation points as necessary for the level of anxiety). mine is 3 weeks from today, and i'd like to be 269 that day. just to say "i lost over 30 pounds before my wedding"... that's 7 more pounds in 3 weeks. possible, but not the easiest thing to do. especially with another shower, and the rehearsal dinner tossed in there. i will be ecstatic to make it, but if i don't, i'm not going to stress. i trust my photographer to get me at the best angles, catch my happiness and the best moments. plus, they will make lovely 'before' photos
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Riestrella - Our goals are really quite similar! It took me just over a year to shed 52 pounds and that was with the occasional indulgence and really less exercise than there should have been in the first few months. I was hoping for 45 pounds in 7 months but I told myself "if you don't make it, don't you dare give up. You can start now and get somewhere or stay the same and be heavy this time next year!"
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I'm with the majority here, I have rough timelines in mind but I do not beat myself up if I don't make them.

Like I wanted to be under 300 before my birthday and that didn't happen. So instead of giving up I just readjusted that mini goal deadline. My philosophy is I am trying to make adjustments to my lifestyle that I can maintain in maintenance. And I am focused on NSV victories as much as scale victories. So I don't get too down and defeated when the scales not budging.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentarctic View Post

My philosophy is I am trying to make adjustments to my lifestyle that I can maintain in maintenance.
I could not agree more.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote