Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Desperately need motivation

Ok, I need some motivation, and good thoughts my way! I am so freaking frustrated! My hubby and I moved away from our families in August, and have only seen them once since then. I really need to lose weight by June when we go home. I just got off the phone with my mom, and ALL she talks about is weight loss. She is obsessed. I hate the idea of my mom being thinner than me, and am really nervous about being a fat butt in June. Please help! I can't seem to get in the mood to lose weight. I forget by lunch that I'm trying to eat healthier, an go and buy a burger. I am my worst enemy. I cave into every single craving.
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #2  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi. You're going to find that a lot of people here will tell you that motivation is fleeting. I know that many of us haven't lost the most weight while 'motivated' because it's an emotion that comes and goes. However, the one thing that keeps me going is knowing that no body can escape the laws of physics. If you want to lose weight, it's as simple as calories in, calories out. You don't have to tell your cells how they will use the energy you give them, you just have to eat below your daily needs.

If you are having trouble eating healthy I suggest packing everything at the start of the week. Planning your dinners and lunches will make it easier to eat healthy, you won't have to think about what you are putting in your mouth.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Thanks! I was thinking of packing my lunch, and not bringing my credit card. But then I'm worried some emergency will occur, an I'll be SOL. I have sparatic "I want a candy bar an soda" and just like that, I go and buy 5 of each.
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #4  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 245/218/145

Eating this bad food is contributing to your cravings. Try to start small with one or two days of good eating. It might make it a little easier to handle than starting a great big never-ending diet, which can seem really daunting! Without your sugar levels going bonkers, you could well stop craving these high sugar foods in as little as 24hrs. I'm only suggesting it because it's what happened to me. A day or two of eating healthily and I wasn't craving rubbish anymore. Try to start small if it's too difficult :-)
beescwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #5  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

Set a weight goal by June and work toward it. Eat more veggies and low-glycemic index foods (research this online). This way you'll feel fuller longer..Keep coming to this site for support. Replace healthy food with cravings and think about how if you give in it will take THat much longer to get to your goal by June.
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Track your food... write down everything you eat (and before you eat it), then you are forced to look at it and think about... do I REALLY need that right now?... I just had X for lunch and I know my body doesn't need anything else...

Writing down food intake (and calories) is what has helped me immensely.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 159/ticker/112

Height: 4'11

I agree with the food log! That is the only way that I have been able to keep myself accountable. I will not allow myself to see that I went over the calories(only on my 1 cheat meal per week). I am not starving myself by any means, I can eat whatever I want as long as I do not go over my alloted calories for the day. Although, I know I will be hungry if I go blow all my calories on fast food so I don't eat it. I went to visit fam this weekend and came back and the scale was up and I had a mini breakdown but I just know that I have to work harder this week. Good luck, you can totally do this! Keep your goal in mind and do it
scjp926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Oh and PS about the food log... you can get one of those tiny little memo pads or notebooks that you can keep right in your pocket or your purse... then you know it's there just waiiiiiting for you so you can't say (I'll record it later).

If you need even more motivation and you're willing, and hubby is supportive of your efforts, give him full permission to look at your log once a day or once a week or something, so that you have some accountability. I showed my log to one of my roomies once a week last year when I was in college. I know I am 100x more likely to follow the plan if I have to show my progress to someone. Not showing my hubby now because he thinks I don't need to track my food and would just complain that I'm not eating enough... but I'll try to get him back in my support system for weight loss once I'm done growing the baby and he doesn't worry about my nutrition so much.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote