Old 04-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Default I miss my 3FC 20-somethings!

Agh... I'm missing my 20 somethings. I haven't been active on the site in about the last 5 months. The first month was when I was finishing up my last semester in college, and in preparations for my wedding, and the last 4 months has been since I've been preggo. It's hard to keep up with everyone who is doing the things that I want to be doing... I actually MISS calorie counting and being an exercise-a-holic. I loved the lifestyle. Now I'm just trying to focus on getting all the nutrients that Baby and I need, getting SOME exercise in during the day, and not vomiting up my prenatal vitamins. *sigh* I've been looking online at jogging strollers that convert to those bike trailers. So many good parks and bike paths in the area. I can't wait to take baby on them, and lose the rest of this weight afterwards.

I am wishing I could have lost more before getting preggo, because at the moment, I'm feeling like a whale at 4 months. 5 to go still! I started my pregnancy at 189 pounds and I'm up to 194 now. It is annoying to have to be gaining weight.

I'm starting to show now a little, so that is helping I guess... but blah. I'm at a point where I wished I had kept some of my larger size clothes because I have nothing that fits properly anymore. I'm missing my 3FC support and friends though. Good community here. I've tried to find some 'pregnancy' community to get involved in online but everyone is so hormonal and dramatic on those that I can't stand it. Maybe I'll just hop back on 3FC and try not to get down that -I- am not currently able to lose weight at the moment, but I can support others and make some post pregnancy plans.

Good plan?

Last edited by Everlasting; 04-21-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations ! Keeping your larger clothes may have not helped as your pregnancy weight will mainly be all in one place. You can buy attractive maetrnity clothes, a couple pairs of pants and 2 or 3 tops should do it. You will get tired of them but look what you will have afterwards, a beautiful baby ,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #3  

Right, I do wish I would have kept my tops at least... I am gaining all in the chest and belly at the moment (which should be the only place I really NEED to get bigger anyhow)... the pants would do no good.

My stretchy ones still fit but I've had to get a couple pairs of maternity pants because everything fits up to the butt but the top of the waist suddenly expands in one place... haha...

Are there any other pregnant or young-mom 20 somethings on here???? I need some community!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Oh ! yes there are more expectant moms ....one is expecting twins. Look for the pregnant-nursing thread under the Dieting with obstacles forum.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

You can still workout while pregnant... It might be nice to get back to exercising
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #6  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everlasting! I remember you! I haven't been on the forum for a while either. I just got back on track yesterday.

Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm pretty sure I didn't hear about it. I remember you still being active on the forum before I got off track. I don't think you should think of it as "gaining weight" but instead think of it as gaining a child. Maybe that would be a little bit less annoying. Lol.

I definitely second that you can still workout while pregnant, just not as much. You can also watch what you're eating. There are people who diet successfully while they're pregnant. They do gain weight with the baby, but after the baby is born they weigh less then they did before. I don't know how healthy it is, I haven't done any research, but maybe it's something you should look into.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #7  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm a newish youngish mom! I am 21 years old and my son just turned 1 on April 1st. Do you know what you're having yet? I LOVED being pregnant. It actually became kinda addicting to me. I would love to have another one right this second! haha My fiance on the other hand doesnt want to have another one period. But I figure once I get back to my pre-preggo weight (if that ever happens.. ) I will start to push the issue more. And you haven't gained much weight at all! That's awesome. I gained 40 pounds total.
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #8  

Haha... I hope I end up liking being pregnant because my husband seems to aspire to have many children! I've just been so sick so far. We went on a walk before supper this evening... it was nice! I know exercise can be had while pregnant, but I've been so sicko and feeling unwell! Some days it is difficult to get out for even a walk, but other days I've been able to go on a 4 mile run. Lately we've been in the process of moving so that's a workout itself.

I don't know what I'm having yet! We should be able to find out at the next appointment with the OB in 3 weeks, however we are considering just waiting until birth... hehe... something to get us through the pressure of delivery, and a fun surprise for everyone then.

I'm just hoping to not gain extra weight. I'm told if you do it right all the weight will be gone for the most part within 6 weeks of delivery. Shooting for that!
I have heard from some people that if you are overweight you do not have to gain as much, or anything at all, during pregnancy and the baby has been fine. I've also heard that some people have had low birth weight babies by doing the same thing. In my opinion it probably comes down to nutrition... getting all the nutrients, as I've read many places that you only need to eat 300 extra calories a day while pregnant.