Old 06-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 220/219/160

Height: 5'9

Hi girls! I am a little late in posting but I think this is a great thread also! School definitely throws a twist into losing weight. Your days are never the same. Some weeks you feel like you dont have enough time to study and get all your projects done, let alone exercise and cook. Ugh...It can be hard but we can all do it!

University: UT Arlington
Year: Senior
Major: BBA in Finance

I will be done next semester and graduate in December. I am so excited to be done with this stage in my life...but then again I don't think I am excited to stare at a computer screen for 9 hours a day, that brings new challenges when you are sitting most of the day.
ballerina454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #122  

Hello Everyone,
I will be a senior at AAMU in August and I dont want to go back the same weight I left. I got to lose this weight but it is so hard!!! I know if I dont lose it now I definitely wont lose within the semester
triice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina454 View Post
Hi girls! I am a little late in posting but I think this is a great thread also! School definitely throws a twist into losing weight. Your days are never the same. Some weeks you feel like you dont have enough time to study and get all your projects done, let alone exercise and cook. Ugh...It can be hard but we can all do it!

I will be done next semester and graduate in December. I am so excited to be done with this stage in my life...but then again I don't think I am excited to stare at a computer screen for 9 hours a day, that brings new challenges when you are sitting most of the day.
My partner is getting his BBA in Finance too, although he is only a sophmore. You math and equation people blow my mind, I would go nuts in a business program Welcome to the board!
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #124  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

Hey everyone! Wish I could've found this thread when I STARTED school to help deal with all the cafeteria food and beer, instead of at the end when I'm already suffering the consequences!

University: University of Toronto
Major: HBA in Communication & Media with a couple of useless minors

Hoping to go back to school for my last year 20 lbs or so lighter, although I can't say I've been doing the exercise to get there. I'm also hoping to get to my ultimate goal by Christmas break (so I can gain it all back with turkey and desserts).
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #125  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

I was my thinest when I had just graduated college. Then I started gradschool and just ballooned. I gained... almost 40 lbs. Heaviest ever! I dropped out of grade school... but I am about to go back to grad school this fall!!! I have lost 15 lbs of the 40.... I need to get my *** back on my bike and never eat bread again. lol

University of Indiana, Bloomington
School of Library and Information Science
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #126  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahyessophie View Post
Hey everyone! Wish I could've found this thread when I STARTED school to help deal with all the cafeteria food and beer, instead of at the end when I'm already suffering the consequences!

University: University of Toronto
Major: HBA in Communication & Media with a couple of useless minors

Hoping to go back to school for my last year 20 lbs or so lighter, although I can't say I've been doing the exercise to get there. I'm also hoping to get to my ultimate goal by Christmas break (so I can gain it all back with turkey and desserts).
Welcome, glad you found us when you did and good luck on all of your goals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triice View Post
Hello Everyone,
I will be a senior at AAMU in August and I dont want to go back the same weight I left. I got to lose this weight but it is so hard!!! I know if I dont lose it now I definitely wont lose within the semester
Welcome, so glad you could join us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina454 View Post

Congratulations on almost being done!!! And a BBA in Finance? girl you are better than I am, I hate math! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiresdestiny View Post
School starts next week already started my internship... Need to stay motivated n focussed!!!
That's why we're here to help eachother, you can do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleighAO View Post
Finals are next week for me, but other than my spanish test that I have tomorrow (not even a final but a chapter test!) I am not worried. I actually don't even have to study. My rough week was last week as this term seemed to be all about papers and projects and I had 7 to do in a week that were all due on Friday! So now that week is over, I feel like everything else I have is nothing!

I still have not found a job and I'm not taking summer classes So I am going to fill my time with job searches and gym time while I am unemployed. I hope to take a few new fitness classes I have never tried because they were always during school hours, so we will see.

and.... I'm taking the plunge, starting c25k on Monday and my partner, brother and his partner have all decided to do a 5k in Aug or Sept after I finish my program! They all are able to do 5k's so it's all on me and now we have a race (we are thinking the Komen Race for the Cure) I can't give up!
I soooo want to start (and finish) C25K, i am in bootcamp until July and I am hoping to start after that for sure, good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triptriptrip View Post
Hey everyone! I would really like to join you guys. Summer session just started for me and I would really like to start some healthier habits before my 21st birthday coming up on Labor Day. I want to at least be out of plus sizes by then
Awesome goal to set, I wish I would have been that focused before my 21st bday, now it's my 23rd coming up (YIKES ) and I am sooo focused, let's not rin gin another bday in our "fat suit"!!!

Hey ladies, I am thinking of starting a summer challenge for us, what do ya think?!?!?!?
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #127  
back to square 1(70)

Fit4Lyfe, I am 100% up for a summer challenge! Back to school goals perhaps?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #128  

I agree, I "joined" a few challenges on other threads but found that I am not keeping up because I never go to those sections! This is the only thread I check consistently. Summer is a hard time with BBQ's and beer and all that good stuff lol.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #129  

And I have discovered I really need some social support and my own age group or at least people in the same life situation (college and job searches and all that) are the best.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

University: Middle Tennessee State University
Year: Sophomore
Major: Accounting/Finance

Hey everyone
I have been out of school for two years and start back this fall to finish my degree!
I'm so excited!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey, thought I would go ahead and drop in too! I sat out last semester because of having a baby, but going to get things started back up in August.

University: University of Mississippi, Tupelo
Major: Elementary Ed.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #132  
Now Loading Healthy ME

Oh great, I don't know anything about starting challenges or maintaining them, and frankly, I'm surprised this thread is almost 10 pages; umm....someone tell me what do I need to do to start a challenge? LOL.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #133  
Now Loading Healthy ME

Bumpity Bumpity...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #134  
getting there

S/C/G: 325/273/200

Height: 5'8

I just graduated from college...but I totally gained 50lbs my time there. I was about 275 going in and got up to 325. I started to lose weight last semester...30lbs then and 20 in the past 2 months. Feels so great to be back down and you hate less on your body when you've been a lot higher and just appreciate it!! Love how I've been feeling lately.

I want to loose about 30 pounds halfway into August. I know I can do it! It will put me at my average high school weight.
nikkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #135  
back to square 1(70)

Fit4Lyfe: I guess we should have a thread separate from this one to outline the time frame and when to check in and all that, then we can post in there with our goals etc. I think? I've never really done a proper challenge haha