Old 04-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #1  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Default *~*~*~Weekly Chat, 4/4-4/10~*~*~*

Hello 20-somethings, just starting the new chat thread for this week. Hope everyone's doing okay and staying sane.

Southern Japan is in the height of cherry blossom/sakura season. I succeeded in not boredom-eating or drinking myself into massive guilt at the picnic on Saturday. I thought it was going to be a potluck event so I brought 4 huge bunches of bananas, but it turns out everyone just brought their own stuff. Wound up throwing bananas at people and having a (literal) bunch to bring home.

Yesterday I had the best day ever with my boyfriend. We woke up at 11:30 and just spent all day going at it like teenagers, with a mall date and everything. Spring has finally sprung and I feel totally sane about food and eating after just a week or so of trying out intuitive eating as my only "plan."

I did cave and weigh myself this morning, which was unplanned. I hated the number but I liked what I saw in the mirror, and decided the latter is more important for now!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

krampus The date in the heading confused me so much haha, so many fours! Sounds like you had a good weekend, and you're right, what you see in the mirror is more important than the number I think!

I'm going to try to start fresh this week and see if I can kind of keep up a bit - I think with the different times and the fact I won't be able to post during the day I might find it hard...and personals will suffer, but I need to keep accountable because I am still a little stuck - though not so bad as I was!

I have my last day at my retail job tomorrow (Tuesday) and then Wednesday I'm at my new job again! I have Wed and Thurs as training and then Friday I'm on my own. It scares me, as I said last week - I have been making notes I'm just so worried that once the girl training me whose job I'm taking over goes, I'll forget things and my go-to person to ask for help is the big boss - which is kind of intimidating - he's a really nice guy, but I hate to think of disappointing people by asking for help!

Anyway, my weight also has been moving, which I'm pretty happy about. I'm down to 61.5kg / 135.5 pounds. I was at 61kg / 134.4 pounds yesterday... but I'm sure it will be back soon enough.

In the past week my mother and I have spent probably over $2000 on clothes and shoes for the new job - I feel like most of them can be easily taken in or still worn (just a little lower on the waist) if/when I get smaller - and I'm a little freaked out about getting much smaller because I'm already wearing the second smallest size in a lot of places...which is kind of bizarre - makes me wonder where tiny people shop!! I am enjoying making outfits of office-appropriate stuff that still has some personality (I hope) and I'm actually really excited about this job.

I feel like this year is going to be a good year.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Rainbow- they shop at asian stores Like AJPop! do you have one near you? It has super cute stuff, but ive never dared go in
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:11 AM   #4  

Icon OH you totally just reminded me. I remember when I started all of this in July, I was with my boyfriend in MidCity on Queen st - you know they have all of those Asian stores in there! SUCH cute dresses and stuff, but I've never even bothered as I know they wouldn't fit - I guess I could take a look now! Oh I meant to say - thanks for the kind words about my job in last weeks thread, you're right, I am pretty happy! And I'm jealous of your 3D DS. I have a DS but I guess I don't use it enough...
Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 AM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Yeah those asian stores are so cute! I am jealous of their shoes though, no matter how much weight I lose, I think my feet will always stay the same. They havent really changed size, they just flatter and wide now rather than fat and wide
Get a 3DDs....you know you want to
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:29 AM   #6  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Have a great week everyone!
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 AM   #7  

Icon I can wear the shoes! I once bought a pair...but I've bought 6 pairs (yes, I went crazy) in the past week so I can't justify any more for a good long while now. I can't justify the 3D DS either - I bought a new Wii game 2 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to play it yet!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #8  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Good morning
I’m up 3 pounds since last week, my fault for eating crap all week. Ugh This is a start of a new day I’m sure it’s all water weight I need to lose anyways. My weekend was alright Boy came over Friday and hung out until Saturday evening. He wanted me to come over later on but I crashed and decided to go to bed early and then yesterday I wasted more time hanging out with him. I finally watched the movie the tourist with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp…I was very disappointed I love AJ and who doesn’t love JD! But seriously…..BORING and you usually can’t have me bored in an AJ movie doesn’t matter how bad it was.
I have a stupid exam thing to write for our company it’s useless and the only thing the exam looks good on is your resume. It actually has no hold to the job because it’s OPTIONAL but it’s being forced upon us and I have to waste MY time on Thursday to write this crap instead of allowing me to waste their time on Thursday to write it, (they better be paying me the 3 hours I’m wasting…) they’re the ones forcing us to write this crap which I’ll fail because it’s over 350 questions and a 4 hour long exam good luck having me sit there concentrate on this ****. Ah well I’ll used my 8 hour shifts the next 3 days to study, or I should say 4 since I have to come into work and work the morning and go waste my afternoon writing it.
I’m miserable today…really need to clean out my diet again I’m going back into sleep all day pattern and being just a pissy pants. :P

===
Krampus – Sometimes the mirror is way better then the scale! I like how I look in the mirror most of the time then what the scale says!

Rainbow – It’s going to be a good year! Don’t stress too much about the job you are going to do great. New jobs are always nerve racking but within the week on your own you will know most things and be able to do it with or without any help.

Ericna
- You too!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #9  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

From the last thread:

linalin - YES! Weigh yourself naked, then put your clothes on. I bet you anything they weigh 2lbs.

Krampus - I want cherry blossoms. I wonder if they're blossoming in DC yet... I might have to make the 7 hour trip down there.

Rainbow - my last day of my reception job was Saturday... it was weird! Good luck at your new job, I'm sure you'll do well! Also, office-appropriate attire is ALL I shop for now, it's just automatic. Too bad all I'll be wearing to work from now on is khaki pants and black polo shirts.

MiZ - I've been eating like crap, too, the last 2 weeks or so. I'm surprised it isn't worse. I'm afraid to weigh myself this morning.

----

First official full-time shift! Which is fun, 'cause I get to close with Kevin, the kid who is now our new framing manager. I went out to Express yesterday and got their new womens perfume, Love Express, as my reward for breaking into the 190s, which I haven't quite done yet... but now it's sitting on my shelf and I'm trying to tell myself not to use it until I get there. Only 3 more lbs, so I'm pretty excited. I love how the girl who rung me up was trying to explain the Express Cash to me, and I was just like "Lady, I don't fit into the clothes here... so i really don't care". Shut her up right away :P
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #10  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i had some success and am trying to keep going.
so far i've lost 5 pounds by keeping with better choices
i hope y'all have a good monday
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #11  
Summer 2012! :)

S/C/G: 350/165/165

Height: 5'11

Cool

hey guys.

i'm new here. joined in jan but have had a semester from f'ing HELLLLL. but it's calmed down now.

also, today's my b-day. makin' some low-cal versions of high-cal goodies.

that's what i love most in life. good food. good sx. & good sleep. lately, i haven't been getting any of these 3. L...O...L.

hope you guys are doing well on your journey. if you wanna add me to facebook, just p.m. me.

Last edited by trancedreamer; 04-04-2011 at 11:16 AM.
trancedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #12  
sugar is the devil

Ugh - my trainer weighed me/measured me (on a surprise so I wasn't prepared lol) and I was still hovering at the same weight. So I gotta step things up - more in the food department but I gotta exercise more too. I want to kick *** and put a shocker to his face for next weigh in and actually lose something!

My car has been acting up... well it has been for awhile. My engine light came on in November and I had it read it and said "speed sensor". I said **** it - I don't got the money/patience to look into some speed sensor. Then when the snow came and it was icey, my traction control light came on. So right now both my engine light and trac off light are on. I talked to my bf's mom's bf (lol) and he's a mechanic and he explained to me the speed sensors are highly related to the trac control (and more detail that made sense to me but I don't wish to explain lol) so that explains why they are both on. Eh... still not a total "safety" issue to me so I'll have it looked at when I have the time/cash. A month ago, my engine light break stayed on and it continues to be on even tho the E-brake isn't engaged. Around that time, one of my break calibers leaked and my boyfriend replaced and bled the line. I've been reading on the internet the light could mean a number of things and one being low break fluid.... so "maybe" it has something to do when my boyfriend replaced it and "maybe" didn't top it up enough... I'll get him to check it when he gets home from work today. I hope it's because of that as the other options of why the light is on are quite pricey/serious so I don't really have a choice to not get it seen.... arg. And if I get the breaks checked - may as well get all my other problems checked - which will end up being $$$. Effing cars - and not to mention I got stuck in the snow TWICE yesterday... SNOW IN APRIL! makes me sooo angry; the second time I got stuck was quite serious and it took me forever to get out. 3 neighbours helped, 1 man who stopped, and my boyfriend came with his SUV to tug me out....grr.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-04-2011 at 11:34 AM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #13  
sugar is the devil

Hello Trancedreamer! I'm originally from Kelowna BC; I was actually planning on moving to Vancouver but then $$$ brought me here to Calgary. I miss BC sooo much - I plan to move back in a year or two (no more I say!). Me and my boyfriend are planning to come to Van for a few days in June, since we are making a trip to Kelowna anyways. On my 2-do-list is hiking up Grouse Mountain!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #14  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

My jaw hurts, I still have chipmunk face, and TOM decided to come two weeks early. So I'm a little cranky today. I'm so sick of the TOM/spotting craziness. For years I was very regular and now it's just all over the place. Bleh. At least my dr appointment is on Friday.

I had DH go out and get a child size tooth brush for me because I can't open my mouth well enough to use mine. It has Elmo on it.

I'm so hungry, and I'm craving soft, warm, comfort foods like mac and cheese, pot pies, and biscuits. I'm trying to let myself have a little of what makes me feel better without totally ruining my calories. But I guess having a week or two without a loss isn't so bad while I'm healing?

-----------------------------

krampus So glad you are feeling better!

rainbowstripe Needing to figure out where to shop to find smaller clothes is a good problem though, right?

MiZTaCCen Hope you feel better.

Laneyy lol. I wish I had the courage to say stuff like that.

lissa9501 Congrats on the 5 pounds!

trancedreamer Welcome!

SweetScrumptious Bah! We had snow here too yesterday. I hope your car gets fixed!
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Krampus: Awesome time w/ your boyfriend! I love spending that QT and special time with my hubby! It rarely happens but when it does it's great! And spring?..Lucky you! The weather here is insane. It bounces back and forth between hot & cold..it cant make up it's mind! But thats Kentucky for you.

Rainbow:If I didn't mention it before congrats! I don't know if anyone asked but what kind of new job did you get?..I just got a job in home improvement..not really much on home improving but...it's a job! LOL. As for your weight I hope it stays down for you. $2000 on clothes? Dang sounds like you went on a shopping spree!!

MiZ: Hope you make it through your exam. And yeah I'm sure the 3 pounds is water weight. It'll come right off!!

Laney: I'm sure you'll be wearing that perfume in no time!

Lissa: Congrats with the 5 pounds! That's awesome!

Trance: Welcome to the 20's thread!

Sweet: Urrgg don't you hate car issues? We have been having the same issue with our check-engine light coming on..and then sometimes our car will just die! It sucks but I look at it like this atleast it's getting us from A to B.

TheBrunneh: I hope you start healing soon!

Wow! I really felt like I needed to do some personals. I haven't done them in so long so I wanted to get caught up. This new job is really keeping me preoccupied and busy with it and everything else that has to be done in between! But I don't want to put my health and exercising on the back burner. That is why I'm making sure to keep myself accountable.

Weight this morning was the same as it has been for the past day. I'm hoping to see a loss but if not ..I see why! My eating times (lunch and dinner) are about to be crazy because of the times I get off work..and I'm weird about eating at work due to my IBS. I don't want my stomach getting too upset! But this morning I weighed in at 131.6. Got 30 minutes of a workout in after work and ..after I get the kids down for bed I'll be doing some homework!

The weather today was YUCCKK! Tornados and Severe Storms were everywhere and I am deff. a freak when it comes to storms. Rain pratically petrifies me. But it's all gone now! I'm hoping tomorrow will be pretty and warm that way it won't be such a BLAH day!

Hope everyone has a GREATTT Tuesday!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote