Heidi

S/C/G: 305/246/160

Height: 5'7

I'm such a nerd, I love to read, to journal, and to play Cafe World on FB :/
missheidi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I love to read, write, sew, weave, knit, cook, hike, swim, go for leisure walks and walks for exercise, camping, and I also have my ferrets that are my obsession more than a hobby. I love them. I hope you find something you love!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #18  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I like video games too If you're looking at zombies then you probably already have L4D2, but its one of my aaaaaaall time favourites. As well as the Sims 2 xD That is REALLY time consuming. Like an uber hobbie or something. I also do a martial art, and I like cross stitching (good when you need something to do with your hands especially). I like cooking but i cant really say its a hobbie (although collecting recipes is!) I'd like to get into some kind of organised sport again, like netball or gymnastics, but i dont have the time or the money at the moment
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #19  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i love reading, playing video games, cooking, playing in the dirt (usually killing the plants, but i do like to try) and i would LOVE to get back into beading when the money allows. i used to love making necklaces and earrings and bracelets.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Love this thread, MiZ! I have been needing some new hobbies lately. Current ones include reading/researching on health and fitness (lol), cooking/baking, and reading. Glad several of you mentioned knitting- I have really been wanting to learn how to knit lately!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:12 AM   #21  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My favorite hobbies are crafty type things that result in something useful: knitting (mostly hats and scarves to keep myself warm in winter), beading and jewelry-making, making yummy smelling bath products (I mold bars of soap, make bubble bath and lotion, and make a ton of scented bath salts, bath bombs, and solid perfumes), gardening edible fruits and veggies, and exploring culinary crafts that make good gifts (I bake bread, pastries, and all other kinds of baked goods, can fruit butters, all kinds of jams, and pickles, and even make my own cheese and yogurt).

Every year, just about all of my Christmas gifts except for immediate family are homemade. I start in the summer, canning up and/or drying all of the wonderful peaches, strawberries, apricots, pickling cucumbers, and other yummies that I can find. Then I move onto knitting, making apple butter, making jewelry and bath stuff, etc through the fall - in Winter, I bake several big batches of cookies, and everyone gets a giant basket full of half a year of homemade love.

Then, when the Christmas rush is over, I start knitting like mad, and make a ton of hats to donate to a local homeless services center - in bright colors for kids, in neutrals for adults. It's really heartwarming to see people around town wearing them, especially the kids. Keeps my hands busy until the Spring.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #22  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I'm loving the scrap booking idea, I used to journal alot way back when but to sit down and concentraite on writing these days (off the computer) takes a lot of focus to do for me.

Icon - I'm a PS3 girl haha, the loser I was dating not too long ago has Xbox and we always played L4D1 and 2 it was alright. I think I'm going to get dead risen for PS3 this week and play that.

Also the weather is getting nicer, I should start getting back into Photography...I've never tried knitting lol.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

... A little off topic, but since video games have been mentioned a few times I thought I'd ask. Okay, so I have tried Left 4 dead and to be honest it wasn't my thing. BUT, I love playing the Zombies in Call of Duty Black Ops on xBox Live. I'm a big wimp though and can only play it if my hubby is playing too or I get scared (LoL, ridiculous I know).

I'm looking for new games that would be interesting. So for those in the know, what would you recommend based on my history as follows (both XBOX and PS3): All Assassin's Creed games, Uncharted 1&2, Ratchet & Clank 1&2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Infamous, and of course the zombies in Call of Duty.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #24  
Lifes a Journey

I heard Assassin's creed is bad *** (from what I heard), I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list.
Infamous is pretty good I think you'd enjoy that one!
Batman I watch some guy play it, it looks pretty good and fun.

Oh also try Heavy Rain, it's not really action packed and in the beginning it's a little slow but my god it is an amazing game and well done too!

Try Resident Evil 5 (I love the resident evil series but 5 isn't as scary as the originals.)

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 03-30-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm not much of a console gamer but prefer PC games however, we do have a PS3. Assassin's creed is fun but hard. What I really liked was Force Unleashed, we've been meaning to get Unleashed 2 but haven't shelled out the money for it yet. Little Big World 1 and 2 are for all ages but seriously addictive.

I like crocheting (tons of tutorials on YouTube), gardening (though I suck), reading, etc. Libraries are free but if you feel compelled to get a reader, I love my Kindle. I play Scrabble and do crossword puzzles on it as well.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #26  
Lifes a Journey

Little big planet is AWESOME! I'm waiting for the second one to go down in price but omg I love that game haha
Old 03-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

I enjoy graphic design, and actually sell some of my designs on a handmade website. I'm also pretty crafty, and have thought about opening up another shop to sell iron on fabric appliques...but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or not.
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I'm in the same boat...I don't have hobbies at all, other than playing Xbox occasionally. I'm not particularly crafty, and can't sew or knit. I don't have the patience for scrapbooking or even photo albums. I love puzzles, but don't have room for them right now in my house. I adore baking but don't have anyone to give stuff to.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
I heard Assassin's creed is bad *** (from what I heard), I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list.
Infamous is pretty good I think you'd enjoy that one!
Batman I watch some guy play it, it looks pretty good and fun.

Oh also try Heavy Rain, it's not really action packed and in the beginning it's a little slow but my god it is an amazing game and well done too!

Try Resident Evil 5 (I love the resident evil series but 5 isn't as scary as the originals.)
Those first ones you mentioned are actually ones that I've played and enjoyed! I forgot to mention the God of War series though, they were addictive and a lot of fun! And I also enjoyed Little Big World and am waiting for the price to go down on the second too.

I haven't looked into Heavy Rain or the Resident Evil series. Maybe I should have posed this question in it's own thread as I would love to know what everyone likes out there! It seems like there are lots of games for men that involve shooting but I tend to like more of the adventure. Again, I'm a wimp. I can't shoot people. They have to be either aliens or zombies (if I have someone around).

Oh, and back to hobbies again, I recently got a Kobo e-reader and absolutely love it. Can't beat the real feel of a good book, but it's so convenient having everything in one tablet. It's neat.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #30  
Lifes a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepping View Post
Those first ones you mentioned are actually ones that I've played and enjoyed!

I haven't looked into Heavy Rain or the Resident Evil series. Maybe I should have posed this question in it's own thread as I would love to know what everyone likes out there! It seems like there are lots of games for men that involve shooting but I tend to like more of the adventure. Again, I'm a wimp. I can't shoot people. They have to be either aliens or zombies (if I have someone around).

Oh, and back to hobbies again, I recently got a Kobo e-reader and absolutely love it. Can't beat the real feel of a good book, but it's so convenient having everything in one tablet. It's neat.
Oh my bad haha I do that every so often and read the statement wrong

I can shoot everything, Heavy rain isn't really a shooter game it about this guy who had his son get kidnapped and you're trying to find the killer before you're son does it's really good! and it apparently has like 17 different endings to it.

I prefer real books haha, I can't get into this whole tech stuff by reading a book on a iphone or something. or even a book on the internet too much distractions for me.