Old 03-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #1  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

Default pointless post, just my thoughts..

I sometimes wonder if i'll EVER be truly happy with my body. You know that is awful to even think about, much less say.. Before i had two kids i had such an amazing body..and there's no doubt i'll never have it again but it just sucks even thinking about it. I guess i should be grateful for how much i have lost and how small i actually am, but instead all i can think about is, should i set my goal for 118? will 120 be good enough? because 135, 130, and 125 aren't. I guess i'm a little too hard on myself about it, but i have to be. Ive been called "fat" til i'm sick of it. Now i have permanent issues with thinking i'm "fat" worrying about what others think, i'll probably have to see a therapist to fix that problem..who knows. I just wanna be happy again... truly happy with my body, confident in how i look... is that too much to ask?

Sorry for this pointless post, it felt much better to get it out than carry it around... and you guys are the only ones i can really talk to. anyways, thanks for listening. love you guys.. you're so supportive in so many ways. Thank you.

Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Well looking at you I don't think you are fat at all. You look amazing to me.

That being said if you still feel fat maybe you should look into toning and muscle exercises (though your arms look great too!).

And if all else fails remember that worrying about what others think isn't ever going to help- there will always be SOMEONE who has something negative to say.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

You look down-right amazing and like a skinny-minnie so if you are feeling "fat" might there be other (emotional) reasons? You mention possibly going to a therapist...I'd strongly encourage it. Its helpful to have someone to bounce your ideas off of and dig a little deeper into your persona with. Why do you "have to be" so hard on yourself?

Personally, when I was in my young 20s I was never happy with my body (even under 120lbs)...I always saw the flaws. Now I just have a different perspective on life, my goals and myself (i.e., I believe I'm a good person who is entitled to be happy and not so self critical)...I'm still my own worst critic but I'm much more happy.

Think of it this way, before you say something negative about yourself to yourself imagine saying the same thing to your closest friend/family member. Imagine how hurt they would look, how the comment might make them cry or make them angry. Imagine how bad you would feel saying it and after it was said. Now, treat yourself with the same respect you would your closest friend/family member because even though it is "you" saying the hurtful thing to "you" it has just as much (if not more) impact than "you" saying it to someone else you love. Point being? You have to love yourself too.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

It might be helpful to start looking at other goals that arent weight related, e.g. fitness, participating in events and so on. If you're weighing yourself more than once a week, it might be helpful to stop that too Focusing on what you've achieved and your strengths might help you to come to accept the way you look and the amazing things your body can do. You've also lost 22kg, and I dont know what kind of time it took you to do that, but it might be that you need some time to come to terms with being smaller. I think its fairly common for people around here to feel bigger than they actually are
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #5  

It took about 4 months to lose the weight ive lost. but 20# of it was baby weight so it just came off really.. the other 32 i worked for.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #6  

:hugs: thanks ladies...
Old 04-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Be happy and never doubt that you look friggin amazing.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote