First name: Irina

Geographical location: Northern California

Marital Status: not married

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, hiking, biking, watching movies

Height: 5'3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 4, 2011 (the most recent and hopefully last time I have a weight-loss start date)

Starting Weight: 164

Present Weight: 164

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: binge eating

Following any specific plan: My problem is with food, not really the exercise, so I'm working mostly on controlling the former (in combination with exercise, of course) by eating as healthily as possible, such as avoiding simple carbs, fried foods, etc. and eating smaller portions.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Honestly, I say that every time I begin a weight-loss effort is different than the time before (i.e. "This is the last time I'll struggle to lose this weight. I won't gain it back.") I've gone through many cycles of weight-loss and gain, and what I want to be different this time is to finally be able to gain control over my eating habits and to permanently maintain a healthy weight. I'm exhausted by this pattern of loss and gain over and over, and I'm running out of mental energy to go through it all again so I hope this will be the last time. This time, I'm trying to establish a support system (cue 3 fat chicks on a diet!) for weight loss, which I haven't really had before.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking for a weight-loss buddy, so let me know if you're interested!
  • First name:
    Mary

Geographical location:
    Tullahoma, TN

Marital Status:
    Committed

Children/Ages:
    None yet

Banker/Teller

Pets:
    Pit Bull - Year old- Capone
    Dacshund/MinPin Mix - 10 months - Baby Girl

Hobbies/Interests:
    Reading, walking, learning new things, Painting, Pottery

Height:
    5'10"

Eye/Hair Color:
    Blue Eyes, DARK brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
    April 12, 2011

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    Committing myself. I tend to lose a few pounds, get cocky, and gain it back...

Following any specific plan:
    Phentermine... and working out and eating better.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    I finally hit that point where I'm tired of how I look and how unhappy I am with my body and my future health risks, I feel I have more desire this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    I'm so thankful that I found this site!!!
  • First name: Morgan

Geographical location: Central Canada

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 0

Occupation: University student (Well, when September comes at least )

Pets: 1 cat, 3 fish

Hobbies/Interests: Music (playing piano, singing, guitar and clarinet), science, and I'm hoping to take up jogging.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 10th, 2010

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Commitment issues...

Following any specific plan: Nope, just healthy eating/exercising.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's an actual effort that I'm trying to commit to, not just a suggestion. Also making an attempt to get involved somewhere online, since none of my friends have weight issues.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope.
  • First name: Shelbi

Geographical location: Missouri

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Two pugs, Sparky and Truman

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, medicine, languages, all kinds of things

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I started dieting a long time ago, about sixth grade, and have been on and off diets ever since. I've never been successful at getting the weight off.

Starting Weight: 274

Present Weight: 251.5

Goal Weight: 150, though once I reach it, I think I'll try and go lower

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting over failing so many times before. I've got it in my head that I physically can't lose weight and be thin since I've never succeeded before, and I need to jump over that hurdle.

Following any specific plan: Trying to find a specific plan, counting calories and exercising more right now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: When I gained an extra 70 pounds in about 3 months and hit 250, I realized that just because I don't lose weight easily, doesn't mean my body won't put it on as quick as it can unless I work hard to prevent it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not that I can think of

Geographical location: San Francisco

Marital Status: sexy boyfriend

Children/Ages: 2 chihuahuas

Pets: oops...

Hobbies/Interests: Crocheting, cooking, veganism, chess, reading, biking, working out, hiking, building community, social justice

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Officially January 1, 2011 but when I went vegan in June 2010 I started losing weight without working at it.

Starting Weight: high: 257 start:245

Present Weight:192

Goal Weight:159

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying on plan. I cheat a lot and think I can make up with it in exercise. I am still losing with this approach but it really slows the process.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting with a lot of cheating thrown in.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am making myself accountable by telling everyone. I have kept it a secret in the past and I found it is so easy to give up this way.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a sugar addict
  • First name:
    Shelly

Geographical location:

Missouri

Marital Status:
    In a relationship

Children/Ages:

No kids

Retail

Pets:
    2 cats

Hobbies/Interests:
    hiking, photography, crafts, shopping, friends

Height:
    5'3"

Eye/Hair Color:
    Blue/Black

December 2010

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss:
    Late night snacking

I want to change my eating habits (i.e., eating more fruits and vegetables and using those to replace any unhealthy snacks, preparing my own food more and having at least one meat-free day a week, if I do eat out picking healthier alternatives to what I usually eat, and in smaller portions.)

I have already lost some weight and have seen it is possible. Plus I have the support of my boyfriend and best friend.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    I would love to mountain climb some day.
  • Hey everyone!

New to this group and I am about to embark on my weightloss journey and I would love some support from people who know what its like and understand the process....so here I am to introduce myself

First name:
    Zoe

Geographical location:
    Otago, New Zealand

Marital Status:
    Single

Children/Ages:
    daughter, 2 1/2 years

Student/Mummy

Pets:
    1x Cat - Rota

Hobbies/Interests:
    Anything outdoorsy and in nature, arty things, music, going out with friends, studying, photography.

Height:
    5'10"

Eye/Hair Color:
    Greeny/Browny/Goldy colored eyes, Dark brown hair

June 9th 2011

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    Actually sticking to eating healthy and doing lots of exercise. I dont want to admit it but im lazy lol.

Just eating healthier and smaller meals, and exercising lots more - going to the gym and going for walks.

My daughter is getting older and I wanna be fit and do stuff with her. Also I am young and I want to enjoy my life, Ive always been big and let it stop me from enjoying stuff! Also I want to buy/wear my first ever Bikini this summer (which is December/January here in NZ) and that thought excite the heck out of me

• Profile!
    First name: Courtney

Geographical location: Northern Virginia

Marital Status: in a wonderfully happy relationship

Children/Ages: none!

Pets: 2 doggies, a fat cat, 2 llamas, an old ewe, 2 lambs, and a miniature goat!

Hobbies/Interests: reading, listening to music, working with my kiddos, and taking care of my animals!

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I started on here a few years ago, but after much success I got sidetracked and gained it all back and more so my new date is 6/5/2011

Starting Weight: 268

Present Weight: 267

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: ME! my laziness and my lack of self control!

Following any specific plan: weight watchers online and a fitness plan!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this time I am not doing it because of someone else, in spite of them or to make them happier etc. this time I am doing this because I want me to be healthier and happier! Also a big difference this time is that my boyfriend is supportive of anything I do, but he has never cared what i weigh so there is absolutely no pressure from anyone but my self!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am super excited to be back!
  • First name: Kara

Geographical location: CT

Marital Status: Single, -ish hahaha i got someone im workin on

Pets: PitBull - Ace, Hamster - Pixie, and soon-to-be Little girl kitten!

Hobbies/Interests: Cars/Car Shows (can't work on em but i like nice ones hahah), being outdoorsy-ish, hiking, shopping, going out, painting, music, walking my dog =), anything i find to do at the time i guess..

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: i have no clue what color eyes i have blue-green-grey...with brown speckles sometimes!, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ..off and on for years =( mostly off!

Starting Weight: 165 (6/1/11).. i was too afraid to step on a scale after that until today

Present Weight: 160.. presently surprized there!

Goal Weight: 130 and i'll be happy

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Nearly everything - my work is stock full of junkfood for the taking, since i moved back home i dont do the shopping as much, i procrastinate exercising 75% of the time, i get frustrated easily when i dont see much progress, and just being lazy overall

Following any specific plan: No, just watching portions and trying to eat healthier food, and getting in a decent amount of exercise and walking to work and back every day i can (3 miles both ways - hey its a start and saves me a little gas money!) For now, well see what happends down the road

I'm trying to do things the *right way* not just crash dieting for 3 weeks - 2 months just to gain more back, also i want to change the way i live really (cliche i know) get healthier, feel better and just be able to enjoy life more while im still young you know, also im not just doing it all on my own

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm just really excited to get to see a change in myself, even the small ones, i just want to wish everyone luck on your journeys and i already know you guys are gonna help me alot with mine =)
  • First name: Liz

Geographical location: Canada

Pets: 2 dogs, 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: gaming, zombies, drawing, writing.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: grey

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 29th 2011

Starting Weight: No idea!

Present Weight: down 50+ lbs (I have a scale that only tells you how much you've lost, not how much you weigh)

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have rheumatoid arhritis, so my mobility has been severely limited. I just started working out a week ago, thanks to my about 50lb weight loss so far. Hoping the work out is what my body needs to really spark a quicker loss of pounds.

Following any specific plan: ~ 1000 calories a day, minimal carbs and sugar. Now doing 30 minutes of cardio and weight reps per day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before I wanted to lose weight for the wrong reasons - to be 'hot' or to get some guy. This time, I just woke up one morning and I said 'I'm done being fat.' The rest is history (and 6 pant sizes so far).

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have a huge meeting with some friends I've never met before at the end of October - hoping to be able to be comfortable enough with myself by then to be able to enjoy their company instead of sitting there thinking 'I look so fat."

• And so it begins.....
    First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: Louisville, KY

Children/Ages: No children

Pets: 2 dogs - Bailey (Westie) and Bella (German Shephard mix)

Hobbies/Interests: camping, fishing, photography, scrapbooking, traveling, etc.

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 10, 2011

Starting Weight: 135

Present Weight: 135

Goal Weight: 115 - 118

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making time to focus on diet and exercise while maintaining a busy work/life schedule. Trying to make it a lifestyle....

Following any specific plan: Eating healthier and I am beginning with TurboJam and TurboFire

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have written goals and a plan... not just winging it like usual....

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am looking forward to enjoying shopping again and feeling comfortable and happy with my body. I look forward to reading everyone's story and offering support and motivation, and I look forward to receiving the same in return.... Nice to meet y'all!

• First name: Heather

Geographical location: Travel between PA, OH, and IN

Marital Status: Single, but hopefully not for long

Pets: 1 dog, 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, drawing, games, music, debate

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 1st, 2011

Starting Weight: 156

Present Weight: 152

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Oh gosh. Getting myself dedicated to working out.

Following any specific plan: 1300 calories a day, (low fat, sugarless, low carbs) I'm working on the fitness regimen.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Dedicating myself to a healthier lifestyle. A colleague's presentation on diabetes/BP and physical health scared me to death, and I have a huge diabetic presence in my family.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm ready to go!
  • First name: Samantha

Geographical location: The South

Children/Ages: 2

Pets: 2

Hobbies/Interests: My family.

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Reddish brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Which time? This time 6/13/11

Starting Weight: 279.4

Present Weight: 279.4

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food and Cherry Coke.

Following any specific plan: No.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hmm, nothing really. I got to get motivated.
  • First name: Tara

Geographical location: Houston, Texas

Marital Status: lovely boyfriend, waiting patiently to be engaged

Children/Ages: no way Jose. None yet

Pets: Romeo (Maltese, 8) Daisy (cat, 1)

Hobbies/Interests: hair. Reading *Snuggling with my hunny and my doggy

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes and the haircolor is currently dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: march 22nd 2011

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 231

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Mexican food. I have a serious genetic weakness for chips and salsa and enchiladas. I am a barista but overcoming most of the drinks I love was a lot easier than I thought. I also eat too late at night. I work until 11 or 12 some nights a week and the rest of the time, I am not off work until 730 so eating at a decent time is a big problem for me. I also have not been working out at all... I need to find time. Definitely need to schedule work outs or at least a little while for walking.*

Following any specific plan: nutrisystem currently, but starting ww soon.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: soon to be engaged and I want to be able to look back at my wedding photos and know that I worked to get there and I want to be happy with those photos.
  • First name: Tanvi

Geographical location: Dubai (for the summer) then back to Illinois, USA for fall semester of Grad School

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: n/a I was a potential asthmatic baby and my dad is asthmatic, hence no pets. I did have a goldfish once. But it died, and its guts were squeezed out.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, Fanfiction, TV, Movies, Badminton, I used to love swimming back when I could wear a swimsuit without embarassment

Height: 5' 2.5" (157 cm)

Eye/Hair Color: Blackish-Brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jun 7th, 2011

Starting Weight: 220 lbs (100 kgs)

Present Weight: 215.6(98 kgs)

Goal Weight: 110 lbs (ideally), Mini Goal 1: Get out of 200s.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Parent's overenthusiasm induced depression/annoyance, ResHall cafeteria, Irregular eating habits (barely eat 2 meals a day)

Following any specific plan: Not right now, but I plan to see if the MediFast diet is something I can keep up with in ResHalls without a kitchen. If not, I'll be back to exercising 6 hours a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to do it more than my parents want me to. And I want to look good for at LEAST one set of graduation pictures. :P

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited!