Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 198/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

First name: Jaime

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Recently engaged

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: Shadow Raven (dog/profile picture)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking, writing, painting, exploring the outdoors

Eye/Hair Color: Greenish-blueish-hazel

Starting Date of Weight-loss Journey: It's been a long time

Starting Weight: Highest 198, current restart 182

Present Weight: 182

Goal Weight: 130ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight-loss: Sweets and my love to cook them

Following any specific plan: Combo Weight-Watchers and calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My partner in crime, my fiance

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think my biggest goal will be to get in shape before the wedding and getting him to exercise with me
Old 01-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 170/161/140

Height: 5'1

First name: Misty

Geographical location:Virginia Beach

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:Benjamin 5- Hailey 3

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests:I like spending time with my family and friends going to parks the beach and concerts

Height:5'1

Eye/Hair Color:blue & brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm starting tomorrow! 1/2/12

Starting Weight:170

Present Weight:170

Goal Weight:140 would be good 130 even better

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat! I guess I'm one of those people who are addicted to food. I eat until I feel like I'm gonna pop!

Following any specific planurbo fire and maybe slimfast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm getting older and if I dont do it now its never gonna happen for me. I tired of not being comfortable in my own skin
Old 01-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

First name: Chantal

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: A dog

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, travelling, shopping...and drinking martinis

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Back on track 1/1/2012

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to it. Snacking, late night eating, laziness.

Following any specific plan: WW PointsPlus

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hopefully more support and less distractions

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not yet!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 241.6/240.4/180

Height: 5'9

First name: Elle

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Dating

Children/Ages: No

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: quotes, poetry, cooking, movies, playing games (board, video, cards etc), history.

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1st, 2012

Starting Weight: 241.6

Present Weight: 241.6

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving into temptation & making the effort to workout. Axiety issues.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories & exercise at least 5 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm at a low point in my life where I just constanly feel depressed because of my weight. I can either complain or do something about it.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #305  

S/C/G: Ticker.

First name: Danielle

Geographical location: Phoenix, Arizona

Marital Status: Domestic Partner Cert'd.

Children/Ages: Our four legged beauties.

Occupation: Accounting Admin, Gold Canyon Independent Demonstrator & currently obtaining a degree.

Pets: Bowser, our nine year old turtle. Marley, our rat terrier/poodle. & Layla, our mini pin/chihuahua.

Hobbies/Interests: Some arts and crafts & collecting turtle souvenirs.

Height: 5'2ish.

Eye/Hair Color: Brown. Dark brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: No specific date since it's been a yo-yo effect.

Starting Weight: 310.

Present Weight: 310? Haven't weighed.

Goal Weight: 170.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Calorie Counting & consuming enough.

Following any specific plan: Eating what I believe to be healthier [cutting out sugars, etc], being active & exercising.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am much more motivated.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Nah.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #306  
hmw

S/C/G: 236/222/190

Height: 6ft

First name: Hannah

Geographical location: Eastern North Carolina

Marital Status: Married, 01/01/10

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 2 dogs: Ziva (3 yrs old ) Willow (2 years old)

Hobbies/Interests: welding, painting, cooking, fishing, and spending time with my family.

Height: 6 ft

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/29/11

Starting Weight: 237

Present Weight: 229

Goal Weight: 199

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: committing to a plan, and keeping away from the cheese puffs

Following any specific plan: low carb (Dukan)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I’ve relied on pills. I’ve tried just about every pill on the market, only to regain weight and then some. So this time I’m going to do it with out the pills just exercising and eating healthy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I’m so excided about losing weight without pills!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5ft 7in

First name: Liz

Geographical location: New York

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: None

Pets: A dog named Sullivan, a cat named Mia

Hobbies/Interests: Painting, drawing, cooking, baking, going on walks.

Height: 5ft, 7in

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/3/2011

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 210

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: So far my biggest hurdle is noz going back to eating unhealthy foods. I have cravings and i get angry at myself many times for giving in. I think i have a binging problem because whenever things go wrong i just eat and eat amd dont stop. I really want to get past this hurdle.

Following any specific plan: I am on a low calorie, low fat, loe carb diet. Originally i was only taking in 1200 caloties a day, but that was not so healthy so i try to not pay such close attention anymore.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really am determined this year, more so than last. I lost 50 pounds last year but gained back twenty once i went back to school i just failed to keep a routine. This year I hope I can change that.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have a good life, a boyfriend who loves me dearly, but how can you love someone fully if you cant love yourself. I feel so afraif that one day he will get sick of my weight amd leave me even though he assures me that will never be true. I just want to like myself, for once, finally.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 212/tick ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default my profile

First name: Katie

Geographical location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Marital Status: Common-Law

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: Squishy, Shiranian, 4 years

Hobbies/Interests: Learning, reading, podcast (listening), selling Epicure Selections products (home business), health and wellness education

Eye/Hair Color: blue/varies

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On and off since January 2007

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 207

Goal Weight: 140 or lower

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: time: Hubby and I are so busy we usually spend the weekend and nights eating takeout (I gain back on the weekend what I lose through the week)

Following any specific plan: just counting calories and eating healthy. Got a gym membership and wear a Bodymedia Fit armband

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I don't want to wear a plus-size wedding gown and want to be at a healthy weight before having children, and they're coming sooner rather than later

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in Feb of 2006. I gained 35 lbs in 3 weeks as result of prednisone therapy. I've been on the 'lose 10, gain 20' bandwagon until I went into remisson in June of 2010. I've been hovering between 202 and 208 since. I was not overweight prior to 2007.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 308/213/165

Height: 5'11''

First name: Jessie

Geographical location: Nürnberg, Germany

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: none

Pets: a black cat named Mouse <3

Hobbies/Interests: ice hockey, reading, cooking, make up, watching movies and TV, and as a new found hobby: weight loss (which is my new years resolution)

Height: 5'11''

Eye/Hair Color: hazel / dark brown with highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Originally October 2009 on my own, then January 2011 with Weight Watchers

Starting Weight: Originally 308, then 274 with WW

Present Weight: 213

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food lol I think my biggest problem is that I dont know when Ive had enough, I tend to overeat a lot, either because I dont realize that Im already full until its too late or because its just too good to stop eating....

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im not alone doing it this time. Before Ive always tried doing it on my own, which worked for a while, but whenever I reached a plateau I failed each time. This time around I have my mom whose going to WW with me and I have the entire group there and an awesome coach to help me through any downs... And that has been a great help to me

Anything else you would like to share with us: Im a bird! MEOW
Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #310  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

First name: Alex

Geographical location: North Wales/York, UK

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: German shepherd called Max & two border collies called Rosie and Jeffery

Hobbies/Interests: Chemistry, Medieval Re-enactment, Archery, Fencing

Height: 5 ft 7

Eye/Hair Color: Green/blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 31/12/11

Starting Weight: 187lbs

Present Weight: I'll let you know on monday ^_^

Goal Weight: 135lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping at it and then maintaining. Tend to fluctuate over a stone, never mange to keep going or stay at weight :/

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and trying to be more active

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am using 3FC and MyPlate to help me for support ^_^

Anything else you would like to share with us: My goal for this year is to lose 1 lbs a week ^_^ which will put me at a weight loss of 52lbs seems managable when you put it that way
Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 186/183/125

Height: 5'0"

First name: Tori

Geographical location: Midwest

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Nature, knitting, cooking.

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ strawberry-blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A long time ago, but I would like to think that this is the beginning of my successful weightloss journey (Jan.1, 2012)

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 183

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Snacking, too much unhealthy food, lack of willpower and stress.

Following any specific plan: Simply eating like a normal person without weight problems, not overly unhealthy or overly healthy. In addition, drinking a ton of water and do a lot of walking. If this stops working i'll go to the gym.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not going to starve myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: nope =D
Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 198/194.3/140

Height: 5ft 6in

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: New York

Marital Status: In a relationship

Pets: Two dogs(Darla:11 and Dakota:1), two cats(Milo:5 and Kiwi:2), a bearded dragon(Sora:6), and a uromastyx(Houdini:2)

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, cooking, baking, and drawing

Height: 5ft 6in

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/5/2012

Starting Weight: 198

Present Weight: 198

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional and stress eating

Following any specific plan: low calorie, low fat, calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I no longer have a mentally abusive boyfriend. My solution to weight loss about 2 years ago was anorexia. I lost a lot of weight in a short period of time and was at my lowest of 138 pounds the very unhealthy way. Since then I have regained a lot of weight and I plan to lose this weight the right way and regain my self confidence as well as the feeling of being healthy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I feel as though without support I will fail. This time I also plan on dieting with two of my closest friends. Its about time I feel comfortable in my own skin and stop letting what others say get to me.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 212/tick ticker/140

Hi whatsammysaid! I can definately relate to your story...I was in the same kind of relationship when I gained my weight, as well as dealing with a non-weight related health problem, and in the middle of studying for a degree. I've finally decided, like you, that I need to build an external support system because I am embarrassed about how heavy I've gotten, so much so that I don't tell people how much I weigh, or that I'm trying to lose it. I hope this site will help to keep me accountable for my actions, and I can be more open with people I don't have to work with, etc, every day! Be strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsammysaid View Post

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I no longer have a mentally abusive boyfriend. My solution to weight loss about 2 years ago was anorexia. I lost a lot of weight in a short period of time and was at my lowest of 138 pounds the very unhealthy way. Since then I have regained a lot of weight and I plan to lose this weight the right way and regain my self confidence as well as the feeling of being healthy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I feel as though without support I will fail. This time I also plan on dieting with two of my closest friends. Its about time I feel comfortable in my own skin and stop letting what others say get to me.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 317/273/135

Height: 5'3

First name: Lynzee

Geographical location: Indiana

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests:Anime, Video Games, History

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oct. 2011

Starting Weight: 317

Present Weight: 273

Goal Weight: 130-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stopping myself from going back to my old lazy self.

Following any specific plan: Not really, cutting out red meats, eating more fruits and veggies, eating smaller meals.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More determined, knowing I need to do this to get healthier and feel better about myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us:...
Old 01-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'8"

Marital Status: Engaged! Wedding is Oct 2012

Children/Ages: 0

Occupation: i work in a bakery....a good one, too. D: i feel like the devil's advocate..

Pets: an adorable cat named junie :3

Hobbies/Interests: i'm an artist, i like to also make jewelry, etc.

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: brown hair, green eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February of 2011

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 171! 40 pounds lost!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: finding things to eat on a day-to-day basis, while at work that don't cost an arm and a leg....

Following any specific plan: Semi-following Gillian McKeith's "food combining". Low calorie, with healthy fats, and fruit for carb/sugar sources. I also have stopped drinking soda. haven't had any in months i don't smoke or drink either

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: When i was younger i tried Atkins. It worked, but i hated it, and i gained the weight back. This time, i'm educating myself on every kind of diet there is, and choosing the most healthy options.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Drink more water! and cut out soda! I used to be addicted to diet coke, and i slowly cut back on it. Now it's just weird to me. Plus water is cheaper and sometimes free
Closed Thread