Old 03-17-2011, 03:07 AM   #91  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I gave blood and now I feel woozy and a little bit stupid/slow, which never happened the other 8 times I've given blood. A nice NSV was that since the last time I had my vitals taken (summer), my blood pressure and resting heart rate have gone way down. I am hoping it's due to my healthier lifestyle (quit smoking, better diet) and not just a fluke.

Cell phone "fixed" itself. Today the flight my mom is scheduled to arrive on landed 25 minutes early at Tokyo Narita. Things are looking up!

rainbowstripe GREAT WORK on the jogging success! That's got to feel amazing. Japanese food is good but the grass is always greener. I fantasize about piles of meat and potatoes, which I never touched when I was living in the States (always went for Asian food).

KawaiiCandie I have had weird FB flubs like that before. I often wonder if it's a glitch in the privacy security settings or something. I don't lose binge weight THAT fast, well I guess I kinda do, but err yeah. At 850 already today and going to try and cap it at 1550 or less for the day. Going to walk VERY QUICKLY past 7-11 and the drugstore without stopping in to look tonight!

polka23 Nice job on curbing the chocolate cravings with 3FC. When I am teetering on the edge of binging I pretend 3FC doesn't exist and that nothing exists except me and whatever I'm going to devour next. Stay strong!

Last edited by krampus; 03-17-2011 at 03:10 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

krampus I think those blood pressure and resting heart rates are definitely a result of your healthier lifestyle, so give yourself a giant pat on the back!! Glad to hear your mum landed safely and that you have your phone working again. The jog did feel good, though it was a combination of things that kept me going so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it again next time I go - but I can only try! I guess New Zealand doesn't really have it's own food style...(I bet New Zealand chefs would beg to differ, but I can't think of a specific NZ food) and so I kind of just find myself drawn to Japanese food because a lot of it seems healthier and fresher and I enjoy the flavours in sauces like the yakitori sauce and teriyaki....
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:39 AM   #93  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Rainbow- what about pavlova?? And feeesh and cheeeps?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #94  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Personals later, I'm in too much pain. So I have a bladder infection and didn't realize it until I got home from food shopping. (Spent the rest of my money of course because I bought a rice cooker and a toaster as well...) I couldn't figure out why I had the pressure feeling on my bladder all day so I googled it and there it was ballder infection and now it's up in my kidneys and I'm in sooo much pain! I had to call my mom this morning to see if she would lend me some money for antibotics and she's pissed at me but whatever I hurt and I'm not sticking this crap out for two weeks before I get paid! Not to mention I forgot my health card and benifit card and at 3:30 when I was up in pain I should have put the stupid thing in my bag but I didn't! Lets just say it's not going to be a good finishing week...
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #95  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Morning Ladies!

MiZ I hope you feel better soon! I hate UTIs, they hurt so bad. I take Azo Urinary Relief it has Phenazopyridine in it, it helps to relieve your pain while the antibiotics are kicking in but it will turn your pee bright orange That is really stupid about your mom being mad. Feel better!!

krampus That's awesome about your lowered vitals! Exercise really helps stuff like that. I think if you have lower blood pressure that you can get dizzy after you give blood. I hope you and your mom have fun! Do you have a lot of activities planned?

rainbow Your outfit sounds really professional looking! Good luck on your interview. That woman was incredibly rude, I'd be worried if someone wasn't nervous because then I'd think they thought they were too good to for the job or something. MMM pecan pie sounds awesome right now. Maybe your weight went down because you were too low on calories? Plateaus and how they work are a mystery to me.

kawaii Aww those kids are so cute. Why are they graduating so early in the year?

polka Welcome! I'm glad we helped to curb your cravings

JL Thanks! I feel ready for the test today. I read that putting vinegar in a spray bottle and spraying it around where the ants are deters them. Hope it helps. I use the nuvaring too and I really like it. I'm the sort of person who forgets to take pills so it works well for me. My periods are extremely regular and I never have any spotting.

jmko Yeah my mom's a germaphobe too (to the point of OCD I think) and she refuses to go to any sort of thrift store. Your dinner sounds really yummy. I'm not familiar on how to cook with garlic sauce.

Well I feel a lot less stressed today. I am ready for my exam and my homework is finished. I did decide to run last night, I'm glad I did because when I run I forget everything and just focus on exercising. My scale did the thing where it looks like it is going to be a lower number but is trying to decide, I was the same this morning but I think I might be down tomorrow based on the scale. Now to just get this test over with!
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #96  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Wow. I feel so out of touch with everything that's happened in the last few days. I won't do personals just because there's SO MUCH that's happened. I've been kinda MIA for a few days.

----

I've upped my calories for the last few days, we'll see if I gain. I haven't done much exercise at all, unfortunately, which I'm not happy about. I wish I had the money to afford a gym membership, but with money being the way it is right now, I can't afford it. I haven't gone to the doctor yet, but I've been diligent about taking my multivitamin everyday, and the color has returned slightly in my gums and the weird lump that was on them is going away. I hardly noticed it this morning. I haven't weighed myself in days, and I'm afraid of what I might see tomorrow morning....

Boyfriend is upset that there hasn't been any *ahem* action lately, which I totally blame on the Pill. I hate being on it, but it's better than the alternative. It's either everything with my body runs smoothly and I have ZERO sex drive, or I'm horny like a rabbit, and my body is chaotic. Tough choice.

I am feeling a little better though. But I'm still going to the doctor on Tuesday, I think. I still haven't gotten around to calling and setting up an appointment.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Having some major problems with the new job I was supposed to start in two weeks/staying abroad with my BF, so I've been antisocial the last few days, both IRL and on this board. Feeling a bit better this evening so I hope to get around to personals tomorrow.

Just wanted to say hi and a big hug to MiZ, I totally feel your pain, I used to get UTIs aaaaalllll the time. Keep your bladder really full all the time until the antibiotics kick in- it helps. It's uncomfortable to always have to be peeing, but an empty bladder is when it hurts the worse. Drink cranberry juice, that sometimes helps too. Take an OTC pain reliever if you can't get on antibiotics quickly.

Also, for you and anyone else in case it's helpful, everyone always says peeing after sex helps prevents UTIs. This is true, but what I learned after my last one is that peeing BEFORE sex helps prevents them too. That's what's kept me UTI-free for a long time. Just thought I'd share- UTIs are the devil and hopefully MiZ once yours goes away quickly we can all keep them away.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Also what the heck is wrong with my ticker??? When I log into the site it looks fine, then when it appears in my sig it's messed up.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #99  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Lupo – I hate day light savings time I feel like I’m losing sleep now…geez so UTI’s are normal I see thank god! Haha I have a doctors appointment at 1:30. Give me your running energy haha I can’t run or haven’t really bothered to lately and the weather is nice I should totally get out there and do that again…

JMKO – My TOM finished early, I was happy about that! Also my apartment I used a griddle to cook anything and a microwave. I have a crock pot I’m learning to use I’ve been meaning to make chilli haha. I used my rice cooker yesterday and made wayyy too much rice lol.

Kawaii – I’m the same way, I live in a box and I like it there most of the time haha. Congrats on being under 1400 cals also graduation day ah I just pictured that in my head as you mentioned it. Also YES FB always does that it’s gay! Not only that but the fact facebook now you can comment on any status if your friends have commented on their friends status’ even if you don’t have them on your facebook!

JL – I’m totally microwavable too but I’m trying to learn to be more diverse with cooking haha. Ants are disgusting! I had an ant problem in my kitchen in the basement. I think you have to get an insect guy for outside and spray around the house that was the only thing that seemed to stop them from coming in.

Rainbow – Oh I love shopping for a new outfit for an interview it usually brings my confidence level way up to know I look good! Mmm your dinner sounded so good. As for you’re 137 incident…maybe try to care less about the scale I find when I don’t care and do whatever I drop weight like crazy (well not exactly like crazy but you know what I mean?) Congrats on the jog! God I want to get back into jogging!

Kramp – I know I was like yes I’m skinny and hot I love it! It made me feel really good =) what kind of deserts did you have?! I have wanted to bake a cake the last week haha but I have no oven to do it. ugh.

Polka – lack of boyfriend being around is a good thing! People need their space and that’s when you step in to start doing the things you love in order to keep your independents! As for your mom, she needs to sort that out herself as much as it sucks having to witness it or hear about it.

Laneyy – ah sex drives and boyfriends…and BC…I’m debating on going back on the pill that’s for sure, but when I was on it with my ex I had a major sex drive or maybe that was because I enjoyed sex with him. I don’t know. Haha Doctors I hate doctors! I totally wouldn’t even go if I didn’t need antibiotics for this stupid thing!

Indiblue - ah antisocial behavour sucks balls! Sorry you’re going through a tough time! As for the drinking a lot I have been and the constantly having to pee is kind of normal for me to be honest haha just not the pushing of the bladder feeling. Ah and good advice! I usually pee before sex but sometimes I can go like 5 times in 5 minutes…so afterwards sounds good too! I’ll keep that in mind! I don't know about your ticker? maybe make a new one?

Holy crap that was a lot of personals!
==

I have a doctors appointment at 1:30 since the doctor isn’t in until this afternoon, which is fine because my mom can’t send me money for the next hour or so and I’ve been drinking a lot of cranberry juice actually the whole 3.86L jug since last night is pretty much gone! This has been keeping the pain of the kidneys at bay. Mike was a little worried this morning because I’m pretty sure a guy at worked freaked him out about it making it seemed like I needed to go to the doctors right away. I told him at 8 I can go because they open then and when 8am rolled around he texted me and said get to the doctors. Lol aww.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #100  
sugar is the devil

Kawaii On the FB question: I sent a friend request to someone from highschool (and this person seemed to have like EVERYONE from highschool). She never accepted me... but for a long while there, her posts would not show up on my news feed. I think when FB updated/remodeled their website, I started seeing posts from her on my newsfeed. It got super annoying so I finally went to her profile and clicked on "remove friend request" (or whatever it said)
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #101  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Don't have much time cause I'm going grocery shopping in a few minutes, but had a little down time while waiting for my husband to get home and wanted to say hi to you guys!

I haven't felt well most of the week, but today I seem to be getting steadily better.

I'll try to do some personals tonight or tomorrow.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

kawaii awwww students in love with their teachers/assistants. i had that once when when i TAed a japanese class and the little boy brought me a rose every day for the entire semester. i had that with facebook. while your request is pending, you can see their stuff. after they deny you, you stop seeing it!

JL i LOVE nuvaring! it's so easy! in for 3 weeks, out for 1! the only thing i have to remember to do is re-order my prescription, which i often forget, haha!

rainbow your outfit sounds soooo cute! and sometimes eating above your calories will jumpstart your metabolism. it thinks you're gonna feed it like that all the time, so it starts working harder.

krampus white from where? somewhere super non-asian?? i know what you mean about people thinking you're either korean or japanese. it gets really complicated to explain. i ususally just start going "japanese, thanks" since I can speak it. oh, and my mom is actually german-american (from wisconsin), so it got really tough sometimes! come to hawaii and visit me, it'll be a lot of fun! ^_^

polka stay strong and resist chocolate! try to keep busy and your mind off of things like your mom and boyfriend

miz okay so...not to sound gross but my doctor used to tell me kidney infections are from not peeing after sex. all the bacteria from the men's you-know-what, gets into your body so you have to pee all that stuff out. and indi just posted that, haha, oh well. oh! when you make too much rice, separate them into individual portions, wrap them, and freeze them! when you're ready to eat, pull them out and microwave them. freezing them keeps the water in the rice, so it doesn't get hard when you reheat, like it does if you refridgerate. let me know how your crockpot is! i've been meaning to buy one, but haven't gotten around to it yet!

lupos good luck on your exam!

laneyy hopefully you'll lose some, and tell your bf to keep it in his pants for a while. haha

bunneh hope you're 100% tomorrow!

okay, so work drama work drama work drama. so much for a crappy manager. i totally didn't want to cook last night so we went out for izakaya. had way too much meat, and not enough vegetables and saw a half pound gain today. also ran an errand with my coworker, then we went out to get lunch and gave in and got some meat-jun instead of eating my medifast stuff. BOO. AND i'm going out to dinner with a client. UGH. I'm definitely gonna see a gain tomorrow. so much for all that loss, boo. I was hoping to be down to 145. oh well. tomorrow is another day, i guess. hopefully by sunday i'll be down to my normal. i'm a little disappointed in myself, but i guess i'll blame it on TOM. my cat also managed to rip the bread bag open last night while we were sleeping and he managed to eat about half the loaf. *sigh* i don't know what to do about him...
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

krampus, yeah, musta been a glitch cuz I can’t see his feed anymore and he still hasn’t added me. oh well! good on you for giving blood! I can’t cuz my blood is too weak. gah.

MiZ, yikes! bladder infections are painful! I once ended up in the emergency room for one that went wrong… so take care! and facebook is annoying in general. now I’m annoyed that the “comment” button is gone and you just hit enter to post your message. ergh.

lupos, the school year in Japan is from April to March. that’s why. In two weeks the new school year will start and I will get a fresh batch or 7th graders to dazzle and pick on I envy you being able to get that “runner’s high” I don’t ever get it while exercising, haha. hopefully your scale will behave better tomorrow

Laney, I can kinda feel both you and your boyfriend right now… maybe you should give it a go even if you don’t feel like it and then you’ll start getting into it?

indiblue, good luck with the new job, girlie!

Sweet. lol. I know, I’m a little bit miffed he hasn’t added me! because obviously he’s been on his profile since I could see updates. but whatever.

bunneh,
glad to hear you’re better!

I’m not better though. this morning sucks. yesterday, I was doing so great with my food – I had a nice healthy 600 cals dinner and I was hitting roughly 1500 for the day. and then I started getting bored… and you know what happens when I get bored… fought the munchies for a good two hours and then I thought “maybe if I have a lollipop, it’ll curb the cravings”, but that was the wroooooong thing to do! it just opened the door to me bingeing on all the carbs in my house, which wasn’t much, but still enough to make yesterday a big FAIL. I think all I ate averaged around 2500cals for my day… *sigh* although, that is NOT enough for a gain… so WHY did my f*cking scale tell me I was up 1.5 kilos this morning?!? must be bloated from those damn diet crackers, but still!!! just so unfair I just wanna sit down on the floor and cry. and it’s not like I can “recover” from it today cuz I have my damn drinking party that I have to go to, that I REALLY don’t wanna go to, but couldn’t think of a good enough excuse to not go, so I have no choice. *sigh*

on top of it, yesterday, as I was leaving school, I slipped on the carpet in the genkan (entranceway where you have to take off your shoes), or more like the carpet slid under me and made me fall. and I fall straight from behind cuz my feet just gave out, and my back hit the “stair” of the genkan… anyways, it f*cking hurt and I wanted to cry but I was more embarrassed that anyone could see me like this so I just got back up and went home… anyways, now, my back f*cking hurts a lot… *sigh*

combine that to all the stress of all the crap that’s been going on in Japan recently and I am a super depressed little camper. I don’t think today’s gonna be a good day…
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

jmko, we must've posted at the same time... yeah, well that kid wasn't nearly as sweet... there's a reason i call him one of "my pervs" usually any conversation with him involves a running commentary of my boobs... but he's kinda endearing so also he hasn't said anything pervy to me in the last two weeks and is always really sweet, nice, and kinda sad. which makes me think that he really did have a crush on me. aww... anyways... aaah, that would explain the facebook thing. well whatever. man, your job sounds stressful!! but everything is always worse during TOM. hopefully you can get back on track after the weekend!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

kawaii oh s**t. that sounds like it hurt...and genkans aren't that big at all!! hope you're okay! and i hope you smacked your kid a little, haha, sounds like a fund daily conversation. the girls in the office talk about big boobs everyday!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote