Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Krampus- reading what you eat makes me laugh! IT's like everything I think about eating...like frosting! PS you look smokin' in the pic thread so who cares that you've had a few slip ups! You are working your way back

Sweetpeach- that's an awesome service I would love to find something like that around here!!!!!

I just did JM's 6 week to 6 pack. I can't decide if I want to do it for 6 weeks straight or mix it in with my other JM dvd's that I've been doing...thoughts?

It's almost warm enough to jog or power walk the canal at lunch..can't wait!!!!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Linds: How do you like JM's 6 week to 6 pack?
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #33  

Loved it! It is very fast paced. It focuses a lot more on your core which I love! I have a flat tummy but just want to tighten it up a little more.

I have noticed more toning throughout my entire body doing various JM dvds compared to anything I've done at the gym before.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

SweetPeach That sounds like an awesome service if it's really affordable!

lupos It's also the lack of shopping time between then and now haha. I have tomorrow but I need to finish moving out of my painting studio tomorrow. I also think I really need someone else's opinion while shopping for stuff like this...urgh. Yeah, I'm hoping the plateau doesn't stick around too much longer too!

krampus 1.5kg overnight is good - means it isn't really all real weight you gained. Hope the not eating breakfast thing works out, but maybe just eat something small like a piece of fruit?

Linds Whatever the canal is, it sounds nice.

Last edited by rainbowstripe; 03-14-2011 at 09:39 PM.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys! Long time no see! Hope everyone is well and I will get to personals in a minute. A lot has happened here, as I’m sure you know, although in the part of Japan where I live, the earthquake has had very little effect at all. except to prevent me from going to Tokyo like I was supposed to last weekend

things have been really sucky on my end, and I’ve been bingeing like crazy for all of last week, reaching it’s peak on Friday/Saturday, when I figured out I couldn’t go to Tokyo. I was really heavily depressed, and the whole situation and stress of the earthquake did NOT help. when I weighed on Saturday morning, I was a whole 5kg heavier than what my ticker says. 5kg!! that’s like 12lbs… that’s nuts. anyways, on Saturday evening though, I was reading this blog I like, and totally randomly, this girl started talking about how we were the only ones blocking ourselves and reaching our dreams and yes, the earthquake sucks and all but we should be glad to be alive and enjoy our lives. and it just really hit me. and so I decided that from the next day (Sunday) I would start again. no bull**** this time. I’m back to keeping a food journal of my calories and everything. I haven’t done that in months. I think one of the reasons I wasn’t really losing weight before was that when I was approximating my calories, I was doing it wrong and what I thought was a 1600 day was probably a 1800-2000 day, and so I just never really lost any weight.

Anyways, I’ve been back on plan for 3 days now. Weight is down about 2kg from Saturday (thank god!!!). Feeling ok. my motivation is somehow pretty strong, and I’m glad. exercise has been put on hold for a while, cuz I can somehow never focus on both dieting strictly and exercising regularly all at once… the goal now is first to return to my pre-binge weight, and then we’ll see what happens.

Now on to personals!

rainbow, is a new job in the works? good luck with that! good luck for the interview. I would tone down my style a bit, but I wouldn’t remove my earring. please. there is always a way to keep being creative with your wardrobe even if you are in a conservative environment. (and I’m one to talk! lol) also what indiblue said is good advice, I think. oh and I got the boob comment before coming to japan as well. I had to buy LOTS of camis to put under all my shirts that were considered too low cut. lol. DON’T GO TO YOUR INTERVIEW IN JEANS!!!! for god’s sake… lol. and if you don’t have an outfit, I would say either go shopping for one, or borrow from a friend. interviews are important, and you CAN muck everything up by not dressing appropriately for them…

krampus, muffin tops… yuck! although I’m in a similarly unpleasant clothing situation at the moment, so I feel you!

MiZ, why is it weird to want to make a romantic meal? I think it’s awesome! and it’s great you and Sweet are gonna be workout buddies too!

jmko, do you do white day in Hawaii as well? so weird! I think everyone forgot it was White Day here… what with the earthquake and all :/

Linds, you went to disney!! and no weight gain on vacation is a success! yay.

Laney, sorry to hear you’re stalling. I would definitely up my calories a bit if I were you. a lot of people have reported not losing when their calorie intake was too low… good luck!

A Me, welcome!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #36  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

KawaiiCandie YOU GO GIRL! You're sort of my confidant; I feel obligated to tell you if I do anything stupid. We can do this!

rainbowstripe I wouldn't sweat the clothes thing too much. I don't think interviewers are actually as picky about clothes as they are rumoured to be. As long as you wash your hair and don't have chocolate stains on your suit jacket you'll be fine!

LindsB Major envy over your flat tummy! I'm interested in trying some JM DVDs but I think I'm going to wait until I'm back in America so I don't have to re-buy them in a different region.

I'm definitely hungry, but I'm sort of enjoying it and savoring the sensation, and I'm not checking the clock thinking about my next meal. So far so good!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #37  

Krampus- I made the mistake of even buying them because I can get them OnDemand for free through our cable provider. Maybe you will have that when you returen to the states?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

krampus, haha, i know. i like this little cellphone support we got going on oh and btw, i got some JM dvds with the american zone, i just watch them on my computer (i was afraid if i bought the japanese version, they'd be dubbed :/)
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

rainbow my cat only likes the soft ones too. he'll lick the salt off the crunchy ones and spit it out. i think you can definitely be fashion foward in the office! there are cute tops out there, and you can always wear cute jackets over them! White House Black Market is my go-to store for fashionable work attire, and it's always work-appropriate and super cute!

krampus i'm hoping the DH has a surpise waiting for me at home. i didn't get anything for valentine's day, so hopefully i'll get something good! bwahaha and DH said the same thing about V-Day

indi wow, sounds difficult to live there. it reminds me of Sex in the City 2, the movie, with Samantha...

iconised try non-fat fro yo!

fromthebox hooray! isn't falling for someone the greatest feeling ever?? you feel all giddy and girly. good luck by staying on plan! lean meats and lots of veggies!

Linds think of it this way, disneyland isn't every day! it was a nice treat, now, back on plan!

laneyy be careful not to undereat. if you have to up your calories, then you should definitely do that. and you can totally be 190!

lupos stay strong. i think once you start dropping weight again, it'll come off quicker!

JL small meals are good! ew to the ants. invest in some liquid ant bait. kills em quick!

ashley you're so close to your goal!!

rainbow i know what you mean about weekends off. i hate it, it's always so busy everywhere!! I love having weekdays off!

A Me welcome!!

miz haha you're too funny! it sounds like you really like this new boy!! i'm happy for you!!

Sweet that's so great!! produce here is so expensive sometimes! i guess shipping across the ocean is pricey

kawaii not everyone does white day here. a lot of my friends are japanese, and my family so we do it. not to mention the DH is from korea and they do it there too!

wow, more work drama. our florist delivered my bouquet for my bride today and the flower color was totally wrong. I had to run to a different florist, pick up the right flower, and take it back to the original florist to have her fix it. she still doesn't understand what was wrong with the first bouquet. ARGH. I'm down to 147.5! I'm really excited! I have a wedding in a bit, so more later!

Last edited by jmko; 03-14-2011 at 10:47 PM.
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:04 PM   #40  

Kawaii I like the positivity and enthusiasm you have! I'm sure you will get that weight coming off again.
As for the interview, it's for the reception position at my boyfriend's dad's company - and he was the one who told me to take out the second earring for the interview haha. I would never wear jeans, don't you worry...they're the only pants I own and I have no chance of getting more pants and having them taken up by Friday, so it will have to either be a skirt I own or one I can buy if I get the chance/money. Borrowing is not an option as I actually don't have that many friends, let alone those a similar size.
I kind of hope the creative thing works with clothes...and I also hope it's not quite as conservative as my boyfriend's dad is saying it is - I have been there a couple of times but can't remember what others were wearing. I'd say I'd also be one of the youngest going into that workplace if I get the job so does that give me some extra leeway to be more creative and interesting with my outfits haha?

krampus Hair will be clean...as for chocolate on the suit jacket...WHAT suit jacket haha. This is why I'm stressing, because I don't own anything that could be described as remotely office-ish or "conservative". Shopping appears to be on the cards, I really hope my mum is feeling generous with her money this week because mine is scarce.

jmko I hope so! Like I see women that look good, and I see women that look bad and boring. I want to look good. Even if it is a job, I don't want to spend 40 hours of my week hating what I'm wearing. We don't have that store in New Zealand...but there's a store I know that sells some nice stuff, if only it weren't kind of out of my budget! Congrats on the loss!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

wowwwww LOTS OF ACTIVITY since I logged on here 12 hours ago haha.

First of all, from this side, 127.8 today!!!!!!!! Had to change my ticker to celebrate. 127 is my normal adult weight so I"m so happy to be back here.

I've learned I lose weight in fits and starts, as in, not .2 lbs every 2 days, but randomly .5 or 1 lb every now and then. So for those of you who think you are "stuck" or in a plateau, it could just be the lull before a drop (which I consider a bit different from a whoosh, which tends to be more than just .5 lbs).

--

Ashley YAY!! So happy for you! Way to stick with it and finally see results!

rainbowstripe cardigan + nice skirt sounds very nice! I'd go with your gut- if you think that's more appropriate I'm sure it will be fine Good luck and let us know how it goes!

A Me welcome!

MiZ so cute that this guy is making you giddy. It's good you texted him, IMO, contrary to popular believe guys DO like to hear things like that from girls Your dinner sounds perfect- I totally forgot steak was a great romantic entree. I'm veg and never cook meat for my BF, so he would die and go to heaven if showed up with a huge steak for him haha. good choice.

SweetPeach that's a GREAT deal! There are a lot of boxed farm service programs along the east coast (I used to live in Washington DC where there were tons) but I've never seen one so affordable. It's such a great program- really nudges you into using new and exciting veggies you'd never try otherwise (or at least I wouldn't try otherwise).

yay krampus yay! I am still amazed at how quickly your body gets into gear and sheds those pounds. I'm luck if I get 1 lb overnight, much less 1+ kg. Oh and I TOTALLY have eaten tubs of frosting before. My college roommate and I would just eat it straight while watching TV or hanging out. That and Tostito's Hint of Lime chips. Whole bag, gone, before the movie has even started.

Kawaii I think it's a great idea to start counting calories again. I don't do well when I don't count. Measuring whatever ingredients you can is, IMO, just as important to. Sooo easy to underestimate by 100, 300, or even 500 cals.

jmko yay for the loss! Sounds like your job has all kinds of surprises that can stress you out, since you rely on tons of vendors to do their job right, which apparently they don't always do. Way to keep calm and level-headed- good luck with the wedding
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #42  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

indiblue Hint of Lime are the WORST/BEST. I had problems with those in the past, haha. I do drop weight quickly but I also have extremely high calorie days followed by a calorie difference of ~1500+, and I put it on quickly too. :P

rainbowstripe THRIFT STORE! THRIFT STORE! If there are any charity shops or thrift stores around you can probably get a suit jacket for $10 or less!

jmko Jeez, hope he remembers. I'm Korean too, maybe your DH is my long lost cousin or something - I'm adopted and I don't know anything about my blood relatives.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #43  

indi I am thinking it would be nice..with like a shell type top (I've heard the term used, and I know what it describes, but don't know how to describe the top myself haha). I think I'll invest (read:get my mum to buy me if she will) a nice tailored skirt, maybe a pencil one. Congrats on the loss!!

krampus I never have luck with them. I swear they are crap here in New Zealand compared to anyone else - or it could just be my luck. I think...maybe I could do it some other time, but when I'm under pressure to find something, I want to go somewhere that I know will have something nice and flattering. Also I'm veering away from the suit jacket...I have this feeling that things in New Zealand are just less formal than the US and other countries? Or maybe that's just my perception. No idea.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

rainbow pencil skirts are super professional, yes go for that! I was thinking about how you said you didn't want to have to change your style/personality if you get the job... what about getting a sort of retro/mod professional wardrobe? ModCloth.com has some great clothes that are suitable for work in an office and still a bit funky. Kind of like Mad Men style

krampus Once I was eating Hint of Lime with a friend in college while studying for finals and we finished the whole bag in about half an hour. My friend said "What do these have in them? Crack? MSG?" so we turned the package over and lo and behold... monosodium glutamate. Fabulous.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #45  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

indiblue, congrats! you're catching up to me! lol im so glad were getting where we want to be! ahh, i had to weigh ... [obsessive, i know] anyways 126.8 at night, before bed. so maybe ill see a *new low* tomorrow. i was 125.8 earlier as noted in my stats yayy! so glad to see results finally!!!!
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote