Old 03-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #16  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Are you guys eating under you Basal metabolic rate?
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #17  
Carelessy Creative

S/C/G: 211.5/164.3/145

Height: 5'4"

UGH!! I'm SO in the same boat. I lose 3lbs, gain 4lbs, maintain, lose, etc. It's driving me nuts!! I want to get rid of these last 20 pounds and my body has been way too comfortable in the 160's. Idk what to do, I've tried varying my calorie intake, increased the intensity of my workouts and yet the scale still won't budge.
shaunabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:47 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/149.5/140

Height: 5'4

Shaunabear: Try taking measurements. For me, in the last two months I have only lost about five pounds but have lost nearly an inch and a half in my stomach. From this point on I'm going on what I look like and what my measurements say. I know I say I want to get the last 20 pounds off, but what I mean is that I want to look like I lost the last 20 pounds. I don't care if the scale says 151 for the rest of my life, I just want to lose my tummy! I think I'm to the point where my muscle gain is starting to even out the fat I'm losing. So even though my WEIGHT isn't going down, my measurements still are--well, except for the last two weeks. But there could be other factors playing into that which I don't need to go into here lol...
Aleesuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #19  
Carelessy Creative

Aleesuh: you're probably right. I have noticed more definition in my arms, back and stomach, but I just can't shake the disappointment when I see the number on the scale. I'm hoping it's muscle that's making the numbers stall.

And I will definitely start taking measurements to see if I'm right. hopefully this will make me feel better and not give up lol.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #20  

This week I'm going to talk to health and fitness experts here at my university and see what kind of advice they give me. I'll post on here what they say! Everybody stay tuned!!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #21  
Carelessy Creative

Awesome!! That sounds great!! =)
Old 03-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #22  

So I talked to an athletic trainer at my University today and she gave me some advice to shake things up a bit and get this weight-loss rolling again!

1. Only three days of cardio per week. A solid 45-60 minutes. You can switch machines (treadmill, bike, stairmaster, etc.) or methods but at least a solid 45-60 minutes of cardio three times a week.
2. Two days of solid strength training. At least a solid 60 minutes of nothing but weights. Target butt, hamstrings, inner/outer thigs, chest, core, back, biceps, triceps, lats.
3. One day of cardio/strength training mix. This day is like a bonus day so you can do whatever you want. Whatever your favorite exercises are, do them! Work whatever part of your body you want.
4. At least one rest day per week. The bonus day can be swapped out for another rest day if you wish.
5. NO CARBS AFTER 2PM, EXCEPT CARBS THAT COME FROM VEGGIES. This is going to be HARD HARD HARD. But if it'll work, I'll do it. Anyone know of any good websites that list carb-free foods??
4. She kind of re-arranged my food intake. I was eating a smaller breakfast and a larger lunch and dinner with snacks between. She wants me to switch my breakfast and lunch so that my breakfast is the heartiest meal of the day, lunch is slightly smaller, and dinner is slightly smaller, while still maintaining a snack between each meal.

This is what she told me. She also said that it's so important for women to take measurements rather than using the scale. She said that we are going to notice changes in our measurements before we notice changes on the scale.

I'm going to give this a shot! She said that all this should shock my body and get the ball rolling again and help get those last 15 pounds off!

I hope this helps you ladies!!! We WILL get these last few pounds off! WE WILL!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I'm here with you all too! I'm going to cut back to carbs at only one meal and see if that helps boost me a little.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #24  

So here's something interesting:

I haven't had a solid workout since Friday (leg day). Saturday's workout was so-so because Friday's was so intense. Was too sore Sunday to even move let alone work out. Monday I just did upper body weights because I was still way too sore to run, I didn't want to over-do it. Yesterday (Tuesday) I didn't work out because I felt like I was getting sick and had zero energy. Today (Wednesday) I woke up still feeling sick, but have been feeling progressively better and better throughout the day--but am still going to lay low today because I don't want to over-do it and end up sick.

This morning I stepped on the scale and it said about 3 pounds lighter! Perhaps my body just needed some good old R&R!! Tomorrow I'm going to get back into my routine--I HATE not working out. But maybe some of you ladies should give that a try! Just take off a good 3-4 days and see resting your body helps kick the weight-loss back into gear!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #25  
Carelessy Creative

THANKS SO MUCH!! I'm going to give this a go and see where it takes me. This plateau is driving me nuts. Too many carbs is my downfall, so I'm really going to try to buckle down.

Does anyone know of any good low-carb websites? I don't eat meat so a lot of my carbs come from fruits, veggies, and of course..........pasta =( I kno so awful lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I'm stuck in a similar boat, but then again I know I've kind of been taking it a bit easier. I'm hoping once I fully recommit I'll see a drop. I've been at the same weight (give or take a pound) for over a month now. It is the last 15-20 pounds to my goal, but I wouldn't call them vanity pounds - I am still definitely overweight for my height. It is frustrating but I have confidence that we can all get through it.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #27  
Carelessy Creative

I've been doing the same thing, for the past week or two I've been slacking because I feel so demotivated. However, I'm done with the self-loathing and I'm jumping back on the wagon.

Aleesuhhank you so much for the advice, I really needed something to give me that push and I think you've done it. lol
Old 03-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #28  

Yaaay I'm so glad you're pumped up again!! I was getting a little discouraged, too, until I took those few days off and noticed my weight go down a few pounds! (I don't know exactly what my new weight is because the scale I use for official weigh-in's is at my gym and I will do that in the morning). That, combined with getting advice from the athletic trainer at my university, has definitely boosted my spirits! We should keep this thread going to give each other support when we need it and update each other on progress and tactics used!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #29  
Carelessy Creative

Definitely, I would love to update on a regular basis it would help me keep myself accountable. I'm not weighing in until Tuesday next week, but hopefully this will help me shed those last 20 pounds lol.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #30  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post
I'm stuck in a similar boat, but then again I know I've kind of been taking it a bit easier. I'm hoping once I fully recommit I'll see a drop. I've been at the same weight (give or take a pound) for over a month now. It is the last 15-20 pounds to my goal, but I wouldn't call them vanity pounds - I am still definitely overweight for my height. It is frustrating but I have confidence that we can all get through it.
Oh rainbow, we are always in the same boat. Same here! The past month I've totally been slacking. I should've been in the 150's 4 weeks ago when I was 1 pound away and yet it took me 4 weeks to officially get there. At least we didn't gain eh?

It's these last damn 20lbs..they are truly the worst. I'm going to take some of the advice above and I have already recommitted (and paying for it with the soreness of yesterdays work out). So here's to hoping we can shake off these last pounds. Booya!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote