Old 05-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Since I started running I've noticed I'd had this pervasive soreness in my lower stomach. It's really the only thing that has STAYED sore. The leg sores have passed. I can't say it bothers me, it's not painful but I definately have been feeling these muscles alot lately. Has anyone else experienced this?

GL tommorow Galway
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #122  
The Last 10lbs!

Best of luck with your 5k Scarlett!

I remember feeling like I had sore abs on one of my W2 days. I know running can work your core but I didn't know really why I was as sore as I was (I had worked my abs the day before but it was worse when I was running). Are you doing any other exercises that might leave you with sore muscles you aren't noticing until you run? Otherwise I can't say I've experienced it. If it's more of a tummy pain maybe it is related to something you are eating before you run, or alternatively, something you aren't eating? Wish I could be more of a help! Hope you find out what the issue is!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Cheers Scarlett, hmm can't say i have the lower tummy pain but can defn feel my abs..i figure if ya can feel these muscles we must be doing something right

hmmm well ladies i completed wk4day2 today and i can say i would award myself 60% out of 100% .. i started off great and i really believe looking ahead is a great way to keep going ( I had tended to look at the ground)

my calves started to ache after run2 so this wasn't the best yet i walked for a few paces caught my breath and started again.,. so i think i'm improving, it is gradual and at a snails pace.. but its better then i was at the start...

taking tomorrow off , have my Dads birthday so its a biggy so champagne and dining out..

it'll be a big running off of calories on Thurs

Last edited by curlysue82; 05-17-2011 at 04:25 PM.
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #124  

Thanks freedomreins and Galway. I wouldn't say it's a "pain" it's just that I really can feel my abs, if that makes sense. Also I only feel this in my stomach not the rest of my body. I haven't been doing any exercises besides running.

good job Galway you probably did better than my W4D2 attempt. Lacing up your shoes and getting out there is half the battle.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #125  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Finished W2. I couldn't stop myself from running on my rest days so I did W1 between my W2 days :-) Resting today and tomorrow though!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #126  

W2W2 for me today. Where's everyone else? How's everyone doing?

Josie - good for you!! I'm inspired by your excitement for the program!
LosingLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #127  

Hey guys,

I finished my first 5K today in 37 Minutes (actually just under).

My goal was 32 minutes but all things considered I'm pretty happy. It's a good start. The hot and humid weather didn't help (the walk to the race alone made me sweat). By the end of the race my clothes were soaked.

Also I felt I could have paced myself better. I definately went out too fast. I was at week 4 in the program and started by jogging for the first 6 minutes. I then had crazy cramps and was huffing and puffing. I think being part of the "mob" really got me amped and made me push myself too hard. From then on I alternated between jogging and walking.

I also didn't sleep all that well last night. The race was at 8:30 am which is pretty early for me. Due to not knowing the course very well I sort of mistimed my "final push". Also last week wasn't the best week for me running/diet wise. I felt like I had taken a step back.

I can't wait to do another one where I can correct these little errors and break 32. The running bug has definately bitten me.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #128  
The Last 10lbs!

Well done Scarlett! 37 minutes is great for your first 5k. I hope mine goes that well!!

I did W4D3 yesterday but my ankles have been bothering me a lot this week. Like for the whole first 3 minute runs they are sore. Has anyone else experienced this? It's only just started happening so I'm not sure what's going on!!

Last edited by freedomreins; 05-21-2011 at 01:03 PM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #129  

Thanks freedom reins. You'll probably do better than me. I was barely at week 4 when I did this today (hadn't completed the whole workout once). You should be farther along in the program by the time of your race. I was actually surprised at my time, when the race was over. I definately did an aweful lot of walking (some of it not even fast). Having people around you definately gets the juices going.

I haven't had any soreness in my ankles. Maybe a little in my thighs but it's more of an "I can feel my muscles" type sensation. The one thing I have noticed in my feet is that they crack more. If I point my toes, flex my foot or rotate my ankle I occasionally crack something. It's not painful though.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'7"

Talking

I started the couch-to-5k on 5/09/2011 and do Tues/Thurs/Sat as my workout schedule. When I was starting I was almost 300 pounds! It really is designed for EVERYONE! I feel so good after my workouts and I have to fight the temptation to do it more than the three times it tells you to stick to! I plan on doing my first 5k with my (super duper skinny) sister on June 25th about a week before I am officially done with the plan but I am going to try my little heart out!

All of you ladies rock! Thanks for sharing your stories!

Amanda
bloopkuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #131  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Wow, that's impressive Amanda!
I just did W3D1 this morning and I never thought I would be able to do 3 minutes running without stopping. It wasn't even hard to do! I thought this was the shortest workout yet! (Well, it is only 28 minutes) I love the C25k program!

I am so motivated I actually don't rest between the workouts. I know they say you should but I have too much energy to work off right now. I am doing pilates or weights or even another C25k run from week 1. And I feel great!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #132  

Good luck Amanda. I love this program too, I never thought I'd be able to run outdoors. It's so much fun to realize you can actually do the workouts as the intervals increase.

Like Josey I've been doing more than the recommended 3x a week. I've been running 6x a week with a rest day thrown in. For the most part I've been able to do 2 weeks in one. That might stop now that the workouts are getting harder though. I was also super motivated by the fact that I only had 3 weeks to train for my race.

I'm so excited just as I was thinking I want to do another 5K I found out there is a Father's Day 5k on June 18th that literally goes past my house. Its a memorial run dedicated to the son (he died of caner) of a couple my parents are friends with. The son went to the same college I did so I'm going to wear one of my college T-shirts. The race is PERFECT.

This is also perfect timing. I'm hoping to be done with (or pretty close to done) with the C25K program by the time of the race. I also hope to be able to run all of it and to crack 32 min.

Today I'm a little sore from the Race yesterday, and tommorow I'm spending all day in the city with my mom. Therefore I'll be resuming my workouts on Tuesday.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #133  

I know what you mean about the 3 minutes, I was terrified at first but it was actually easy! I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to and that girl kicks my but more than the couch-to-5k. It is crazy though I have a new love for the outdoors instead of being a couch potato! I might rule break and do more than the 3 recommended days, after all I plan on doing my 5k a week early so I need to get prepared.

You ladies are such an inspiration!

Good luck on your next 5k Scarlett!

That is some impressive weight loss Josey!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Talking

I'm back and haven't been out since last tuesday.. Tomorrow is the day back outdoors hail rain or shine

Congrats on your 1st 5k scarlett woo hoo

Amanda fair play to you, you are an inspiration, i got 30 day shred today and am looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow.

freedomreins - have the ankles improved? i had issue with my knee last week and the weather wasn't great so i have been stagnant since wed.. so today did workout but defn tomorrow i'm going to start back at wk4 day1..

hoping the rest will have sorted my knee...

everyone is flying it... i hope to keep up and move onto wk5 by the end of the month,

Also i signed up for a womens mini marathon eeeeek its a charity 10k on June bank holiday wkend so 3 weeks time, my mate has signed up with me, so we will walk /run it together, so serious training required..
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #135  

Why thank you! Good luck with Jillian, right now I am on level 2 and I have a definite love/hate relationship.

Holy wow about the mini marathon! Best of luck to you girl!