Old 05-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #91  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone! Fellow C25Ker here! I am currently on W3D3. The first day of week 3 I did it on the treadmill and the second I did it outside. I have to say that the treadmill is much easier for me.

3 minutes straight is a KILLER!!

Good luck to everyone!
novelistabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #92  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi there! I just started and did W1D1 twice. Once last week to try it out and on Sunday I started C25k seriously. I am surprised I made it. It wasn't easy but it was also not impossible.

I am going to run Sunday - Tuesday - Thursday. We will see how it goes, it is kind of hard to believe I can do it. But hey, I am going to try. I am running at home on a treadmill for now but would like to take it outside in summer.

I saw some people commenting on running outside being so much harder. Can you explain why? Can I prepare for that?

I am using an iPhone app and it definitely is motivation to journal the progress. I never thought I could even run a minute, let alone several times :-)

Anyways, wish me luck. I would love to get to running 5k by fall. I am not into running with a bunch of people but I would sure love to be able to go for a run especially on vacation were eating on plan is tough!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I'm also doing the C25K program. I'll second whoever said running outside is much harder. I've only been doing my workouts outside since I currently don't have access to a treadmill. In the past I've always run on treadmills and never run outside. It wears me out like crazy.

I decided to do a 5K mostly because I'd been driving myself crazy. I'm in the middle of a waiting period to find out if I've been accepted into a program starting late August in another part of the country. There is a big 5K in my town 5/21. I figured at the least I can walk it.

I started the program about 3 weeks before my race. I've been doing 6 workouts per week instead of 3. I made a calander of what workout I'm doing on what day and have been crossing off days as I finish them. Its been going surprisingly well. I did my final week 2 workout today and tomorrow is my rest day. I've also been making sure I get enough sleep and have been very strict with my diet. If I can make it through the 5K and only walk a little I'll be thrilled.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #94  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

I keep putting this off...
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 172.4/146.4/140

To those who haven't ever run outside: Don't knock it til you try it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. And to me, the treadmill is the most boring, painfully monotonous thing in the world.

I just graduated C25k and find my outdoor runs to be actually enjoyable because of the scenery, the fresh air, and the variations in the running. I went home this week and was forced to run on a treadmill yesterday, and it was awful. So don't be afraid!
SuaSponte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #96  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Thanks SuaSponte! You give me hope :-) when/if I ever get far enough to really run I will try outdoors!

I did W1D2 today and after the first run I thought I will never make it. My legs were heavy and hurting. BUT I stuck to it! And I made it through the program. I can't believe it! I know it is only W1D2 but for me it is a major success. I usually give up too quickly when I workout.

I love the iPhone app. It really makes you go through with it!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #97  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

So I haven't checked in for a while, but on Friday, I kind of graduated myself early from the program. I thought that week 5, day3 was so easy...the 20 minutes run. I ran for an additional 2 minutes.

So then Friday, I went to the park and I jogged for an hour! 3.8 miles, so it was a sloooow jog, but I didn't stop and used my heart rate monitor to keep myself in check. Yesterday I walked/ran another 3.8 in an hour...it was just so humid!

Tomorrow I'm going back to the park to try it again. My goal is to get faster and just plain ol condition myself. With my workout schedule right now, I can only fit running in once a week, so this works for me.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 165/151/145

Hey everyone - Just checking in. Finished W3D2 last night and will do W3D3 tomorrow. I agree that running outside is more difficult than running on the treadmill but since if you are planning to run a 5K race that is outside it makes sense to train that way! I thought the first 3 minute run was way more difficult than the second... must have got my second wind!
AllyBride2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #99  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

So i just started the program yesterday. and i wish i had the physical strength as everyone else here becaause i could only do about half of it. I do blame part of it on the fact that i need better shoes but can't afford them. Either way i'm not giving up. My friend and i are doing a 5k in september so i'll make it happen by then, even if it takes the whole 4 months! haha My legs were just so heavy and hurting that i could only make it to about 17 minutes but i plan to just up it a little more everytime i go (3 days a week for now) and at the end of it all i hope to be a conditioned runner. Something i can continue to do even in maintenance (when i eventually get there )
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #100  

I finished the W3D2 workout today. It was a beautiful day to be running outside. I got threw all of it but pooped out with about 35-40 seconds left in the second 3 minutes. Once I stopped I felt like I was gonna pass out.

I try to run about 2 hours after eating. Today I ran maybe 4-5 hours after eating, I decided to suck it up and go out rather than eat and wait two hours. I think this contributed to me loosing steam at the end. This was the most worn out I've been since day one. I think I'll be fine tommorow though.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #101  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Do you guys eat before you run? How much? What type of food?
I had a small portion of yogurt with nuts and honey the last time and it didn't feel different. I thought it might be a good idea to have more energy but I am not sure.
What do you think?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #102  
Suck it up, buttercup!

OMG! I just completed W1D3 and I had a blast. I was actually shocked that I was looking forward to this all day. Who would have thought only a week ago? Me? Serious couch potato looking forward to working out.
Anyways, it was a breeze (apart from the last two run sections ;-)) I had the right music and I was motivated. Unbelievable. Me, running!
Can't wait until week 2 starts on Sunday. However, I am also a little nervous. Not sure if I can make the jump...
Old 05-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #103  

I went out to do the W3D2 workout today. I bandaged a blister on the back of my left foot beforehand. As I was finishing the first 3 minutes I started to feel the blister flare up. I noticed my sock had specks of blood on it and the band aid was falling off. I tried to fix it but to no avail. I ended up limping home with only half of my wokout completed.

If it wasn't so late, I may have rebandaged it and tried again. It was such a bummer, it was a cool night, I was running just as the sun was setting (it was beautiful), and my energy level was high. Oh well, at least I did the first 3 min. I got out there, broke a sweat and got my heart rate up . This is the first time I haven't completed a workout (with the exception of pooping out of a set or two a few seconds early).
Old 05-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #104  

Josey: I remember reading somewhere that its bad to eat right before you go out. The food is undigested and just sits in your stomach, it can't be used as energy. I try to eat 2 hours before I go out, if necessary I cut it down to 45 min. I've been following south beach so whatever I eat beforehand is usually protein/vegetable.

Also I feel you on being surprised at how fun it is. The workouts are perfect, I always feel challenged and a little sore (just enough to feel my muscles getting stronger), but not to the point that I'm misrable. Its enough to break a sweat, get my heart rate up and then some. I find myself looking foward to my runs and planning my day around them. I've never been able to run outdoors before so it's been really exciting.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 165/151/145

Finished W3D3 last night... but I actually did it over the course of 2 weeks. Wondering if the longish gaps are a problem. Not sure if I should just to week 4 or do week 3 one more time. Ran with my dog this last time... I think I did better than him
AllyBride2011 is offline   Reply With Quote