Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #1  
Computer Nerd

S/C/G: 191/181/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Not losing weight

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. I have been visiting the site for about 2 weeks since I started my diet. I'm wondering why I am not losing weight. I have reduced calories to 1200 and have stuck to it, without cheating. I have been eating very healthy as well, lots of fruits and veggies, and chicken breast. I have been doing some type of physical activity every day. It has been two weeks and I'm not losing weight. Is this normal? has this happened to anyone else? I am getting very discouraged.
ThatMillerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Did you start here at 186 or 191? Because that is a good loss if that's 2 weeks worth of loss

If you started at 186 here and still aren't losing you might be eating too little. 1200 is kind low on it's own, but then you are doing something physical daily as well. Maybe 1400 calories a day would be better? I'd add that in protein only. Also fruits have a lot of sugar so you may want to reduce those and add more veggies instead.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #3  
Computer Nerd

thanks for your reply. I started here at 185 or so. I had to buy a new scale which weighs me different, so actually I'm not exactly sure. I have taken measurement which have not changed. I thought I was loosing weight as much as 5 or 6 lbs, but found out my scale was not accurate. 191 was the last reading I had at the the gym in December. but since I got the new scale, which is accurate. I have not lost any wieght.

Sorry if thats confusing, I am confused myself, lol. A couple of people have told me to watch the sugar too. So I think I will make sure to limit them to see if it helps. thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #4  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

first thing, congrats on keeping up with your plan for two weeks! that already takes a lot of discipline. i get really hung up on the scale, but i try to remind myself that keeping up healthy habits is also beneficial.

are you weighing and measuring your food? this really helped me, because when i would eyeball my food, i was eyeballing too big. i got a food scale from target and weighing my food has been helping me control my portion size.

i'm not sure if this applies to you since you've been eating really clean.

what plan are you following?
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #5  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

I'm going to agree with beerab and say that your calories might be a bit too low. My suggestion is to up it to 1400-1500, and continue with whatever physical activity you are doing. You don't want to shock your body too much in the beginning, but ease into a diet change and increased physical activity.

The first two weeks are usually the hardest, because you don't see results in those two weeks. Your body is still getting used to the changes that you're putting it through, but stick with your plan. You'll see some weight come off in due time. And congrats for sticking with your plan for two weeks! That itself is an accomplishment.

Keep it up!
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/169/149

Height: 5'5"

I was in the same boat. My scale didn't budge for several weeks, despite 1200 calories a day and intense workouts 5-6 days a week. This last week and a half I haven't been as careful (probably averaging 1500-1700 calories a day), and have managed to lose almost 3 pounds. It seems counterintuitive, but somehow, it seems to be working. I'm going to aim for 1400 a day and see if I see a difference over the next month, or it this week was just a fluke.

Keep us posted!
AriRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #7  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Hmm...your calories sound right. Are you drinking enough water? I don't lose unless I drink a ton of water, like at LEAST 72 oz. You don't need as much, probably, because you're so much smaller, but I'd suggest drinking at least 64oz if you aren't already.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #8  
Computer Nerd

Default thanks

I took everyones advice for the last couple days

drank more water
avoided sugary foods
watch fat content and carbs.

The scale finally budged. 2 lbs gone! lol

thank you!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #9  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Woo hoo!!! Awesome job on asking for help and figuring it out. Those three things you listed are exactly what I've been doing, and I'm losing weight both healthily and consistently for the first time in my life
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/184/135

Height: 5'4"

I was told that certain medical conditions can also effect weight loss. I read somewhere that fatty liver for example can slow down weight loss because your liver helps burn fat and when you have fatty liver it can't do it's job as well. And apparently when your body tries to get rid of fat it will get rid of fat in your liver first, which may not reflect on the scale.

The important thing is to keep going and not get discouraged because you might just need a few more weeks to let your body adjust.
Runic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMillerGirl View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. I have been visiting the site for about 2 weeks since I started my diet. I'm wondering why I am not losing weight. I have reduced calories to 1200 and have stuck to it, without cheating. I have been eating very healthy as well, lots of fruits and veggies, and chicken breast. I have been doing some type of physical activity every day. It has been two weeks and I'm not losing weight. Is this normal? has this happened to anyone else? I am getting very discouraged.

When I tried to diet my very first run-around I had the same thing happen. I think more than likely, the "some type of physical activity" boils down to not nearly enough. I did what you did and changed my diet, but my physical activity was still extremely limited - maybe walking every other day after work. I think because of this, I got discouraged and that prompted me to stop trying.

I can't speak for the calorie thing, I have never really counted. What I can say for sure though, is that if you continue to bump up the intensity and duration of your physical activity, you might see better results.

- L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote