Old 03-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

krampus Special occasion bento sounds kind of fun. I hope you managed to get through the day? Oh I read on further to see you did. Those zero calorie desserts sound like they wouldn't be quite zero calories...but very few at least! Your evening sounds lovely and relaxing

indiblue If only our theatres had stuff like hot pretzels! Those things aren't available full stop in New Zealand at all. However, in our defense, I think our movie popcorn is a lot healthier than the stuff you get in a lot of different places around the world...it's more like microwave popcorn. So still not amazing, but not quite as bad as other places. Yay for breaking into the 120's! I also love your "linguistically dieting" metaphor. Very clever.

fromthebox Congrats on the loss and the relationship status hehe - that guy sounds lovely! I did manage to get something else to eat, but it was closer to 11 and not the best choice...will elaborate in a bit.

MiZ I guess I'm lucky our cinemas here don't do things like hotdogs and nachos! There is a foodcourt below them, but I just didn't make that an option last night. I did fail anyway though haha.

FPSJ Sounds like you're getting the thinking thing in a good place. I need to work on that! Yum, mexican, what did you have? I'm going out for Mexican tomorrow night, no calorie counts posted on the website...so I'm trying to figure out what is a good choice - I'm thinking fajitas...Last night's dinner was not great.

lupos Sore from working out is good! Black Swan was pretty intense, but I liked it. As for the menu - maybe a half sandwich and soup or salad? Also some of those flatbreads actually don't look too bad to be honest, depending on your plan

Sweet Sorry to hear about that experience with your patient - sounds like something they probably shouldn't have been commenting on...but still, I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

~Yup so after I had planned for myself to make a conscious effort to avoid junk type foods or fast foods, at least during the week days, I'm already not doing so great. I got a small popcorn and diet coke at the movies but was starving by the time we left...knew there was no food at home and it was after 10.30 pm... boyfriend wanted a hamburger so we ended up going to McDonald's. I got a McChicken. At least I had the willpower to say no to fries, but still...not the best. My calories for yesterday ended up just over 1300...Monday was under 1200... I see that as a good thing, but I feel it would be better if I had higher calories involving veges!
My weight was 63.2kg / 139.3 pounds this morning - so maybe coming down again..I dunno.
My boyfriend and I both have today off, he starts his new job tomorrow - so I'm thinking we should do something fun but it's 11 am already and neither of us have ideas haah!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

rainbow-- I had a salad with salsa, corn, black beans, chicken, and a side of guac. Delish!

I bet you'll figure out a good balance for your dinner choice tonight. Have fun with the boy!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 206/138.4/130

Height: 5'9

Oh my goodness, page 5 already!!
Today i took off from walking, I hit a new trail the other day and am so so sore, I did 7 miles. I feel like one day off a week should be ok, but the fact all I'm doing is walking is making me feel super guilty for not doing anything today. Oh well. I'm also super hungry (mainly b/c my mom is making like every one of my favorite things right now, and I can't touch em. yea for my willpower managing a actual comeback). Grr, I'm also going to stop daily weigh in's. I lost 10 pounds last week, and I know this loss is starting to slow (losing that much the first week really proves how out of control i was and how much i was over eating). I think once every 3rd day is a good goal.

MiZTaCCen- Goodness, crazy times! Today at school a teacher had a seizure and 2 students got into a fight, must be something crazy in the air today. God I can't wait to get to the 160's heh, and you'll be in the 150's in a blink of an eye.

FatPantsSkinnyJeans- Well done to the healthy score on a dinner out!

TheBunneh- Ahh, wisdom teeth, good god that was many years ago for me (i think i was 22, now close to 28). It wasn't too bad, even though I wound up having 2 impacted. I also was pretty loopy from the drugs so that might have helped haha.

Laneyy- I am working up to deactivate my fb. A, i feel like i'm just torturing myself w/ex's and how everyone back home is that i refuse to visit and B, I haven't updated pics since i've gained and I feel like a fraud. I don't want to be done w/it forever but maybe just for say 6 months. Anywho, awesome its working out and that helps me to really try to get myself to do it!

luposlipaphobia87- Chiming in for the edamame plate, and really what I used to do (and when i actually start going out and having a life again will do) was stick to two healthy apps (hummus and veggies great choice), b/c of how large portion sizes.
I mean the veggie burger is ok, but a lot of times places load on the cheese and mayo etc and that can really add up- so you could ask/control what you want, etc. Kinda depends what your looking for, if its a treat, etc. Salmon would be my pick for an entree. Have fun!

SweetScrumptious- Ouch, sorry sweetheart. Regardless of anything, that was totally un-ok to say. It seems some people that have gone through certain traumas lose a sense at times/or just dont apply it/ of adhering to social tact.

rainbowstripe- Hey you did make better choices w/what you did get! As i said before it seems if i allow anything of the sort I just made the worst choices. 130's nice!
dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

oh my goodness, so much has happened! i think there are too many posts for me to do personals, but I have read them all! I'll try to be better later this week (i'm usually only on my forums when I'm in the office). Unfortunately, I found out that my best friend is splitting up with her DH (I guess not so dear anymore though...) and she's been pretty heartbroken. She keeps asking me to reassure her that she made the right choice, but I always feel like that's not for me to decide. All I can tell her is to think if she'll be happier in the long run without him. Sometimes being a good friend is exhausting. On a good note, work, thankfully hasn't been to crazy this morning, and I got a mani pedi yesterday and felt really pampered and great and my nails are pretty ^_^
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #65  

FPSJ I wish I really loved salads. It would make things a lot easier. There are just still a lot of veges I don't enjoy that much. Tonight should be ok - I'm eating at my parents place and my mum asked me what I wanted - I specifically said I didn't mind, as long as there were lots of veges hah!

dissonance Go you with the willpower. And walking 6 days out of 7 is great! The 130's feels nice, but I know I still have a long way to go, probably further than my goal weight is at the moment as I thought I'd be smaller by this point I think.

jmko Sorry to hear about your friend. It's tough to be in situations where people want reassurance about a decision - I guess all you can do is be there for her! Feeling pampered is great!

~Urhg, I am wasting the day. Neither me nor my boyfriend can decide what we should do, where we should go, what to eat etc...and I have to leave in a little over 3 hours haha - have to go get a filling at the dentist this evening :/
Old 03-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #66  

dissonance I think weighing yourself everyday makes you crazy (and i'm totally guilty of it). It's like an obession and I can't wait to hop on the scale everyday and see my loses and if I don't then I'm crushed. I need to cut back! I feel like a junkie, -_-

rainbow DH and I are always indecisive. Then we end up eating somewhere bad for me. Ugh. And everyone is talking about the dentist. I have to go this month too! Waaa!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #67  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Down two pounds/0.8 kg overnight after one day of eating on plan at around 1500. This is awesome for motivation. Today at work everyone is wearing tracksuits because the students basically have gym class all day long. I want to sneak away and do a bunch of squats and pushups somewhere.

I am confident I will make my goal of "weighing less than my mom" when she arrives on the 18th.

FPSJ Awesome work on the sensible Mexican choice. I don't have Mexican food available here but that's going to add a whooooole new layer of complication when I go home, especially if I move to Texas...EEEP! Let's emerge from March slimmer and in control.

lupo That restaurant looks amazing. AMAZING. I'm SO homesick for American food!!!!! I would probably get one of the burgers or sandwiches and bag half to save for another meal. Water to drink (chug a glass or two before you take your first bite and then a glass after) and for dessert insist on splitting with someone.

Sweet I am awful at the games, couldn't get past the Water Temple in OoT which is just sad. But the music is lovely!

Bunneh, Laneyy Good luck with your wisdom teeth woes. Mine are looming and pushing my other teeth around and it's all a crooked mess now...I hate teeth.

Laneyy Truth be told the only times I've been to Cornwall are to make out with my boyfriend in the car by Bear Mountain and I went to Painters once. I'd like to visit that area when I move back to NY in August though!

rainbowstripe Glad to hear you're back in the 130s range. Today is a new day!

dissonance I hear you on the fast loss after intense overeating. Stay strong and hang in there!

jmko That's a really tough place to be in with your friend...if she suddenly changes her mind it could all turn on you! I am sorry to hear she's having such a hard time and I hope she finds happiness and doesn't lean too hard on you to validate her choices.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #68  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

dissonance - I used to weigh myself daily as well, then I got completely frustrated when I was 215 one day, then 212 another day, then 215 again, then 213 then 211. Only weighing myself twice a week has really helped me not freak out as much. Also, deleting your FB is going to be so liberating! You can do it

krampus - Bahaha that reminds me of high school.

----

So I'm totally freaking out about tomorrow. I don't deal well with pain. I'm so nervous I haven't really been able to eat anything since I got home from the dentist. And everything I HAVE eaten today was a carb. I'm the big giant carb-eating monster. I didn't get any exercise in and didn't get any homework done during work 'cause I was too busy freaking the eff out.

Someone smack some sense into me?
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #69  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Oh man you guys, my week has been kinda nuts! Still doing my orientation at my placement so I havent been seeing my own patients yet, its been awesome and crazy and busy all at the same time. Today we were on the wards and I just about passed out, I'm serious, I managed to get out the door and sat in the corridor for about 10 or 15 mins. Well, if you're going to pass out it might as well be in hospital with a nurse supervising you That was weird though, doesnt often happen, although I do tend to have low bp, and I am dehydrated as my lips are quite dry. And I did a 50 min run today with about 1/4 of a water bottle worth of water xD I guess all that plus the heat just didnt do me any good.

Eating and stuff is going well though I think, although we have broken our internet so my counting is a bit half assed. Luckily I planned everything for the week before it broke so I know what I can have to stay on plan.

Time for some long overdue personals!

TheBunneh- I had my wisdom teeth out about....a month ago now? And I am NOT a dental, pain, needle, blood, surgery person and had a massive melt down and it was all fine My bottom ones were horizontal and pain was really minimal, apart from the post op infection but thats not very common at all apparently. So basically if things go well, you will be sore/bruised, but no worse than a really awesome workout I had all 4 out as well, and was put under- it was lovely Especially after all the anxiety leading up to it, I finally got some decent sleep! If you're worried post op about pain/swelling, get in touch with your surgeon, thats what i did and i think it saved me lots of time and pain.

Lupo- id go for one of the soups and a salad too. Maybe ask for the dressing to be on the side, then you can choose how much of it you want.

Sweet- i seriously think some people dont have a filter between brain and mouth lol. I'm glad you were able to walk away, lets just assume that her intentions were good, and since her daughter passed away from that condition she's probably a bit more hyperalert for looking for it. You know better than her whether you have it or not

Laney- good luck tomorrow! (today?) I hope it goes well for you its so hard when you dont have time to mentally prepare for these things On the other hand, at least you dont spend weeks winding up to it? I hope your day picks up It might be good to do something kinda relaxing tonight, maybe have a nice hot shower, watch a favourite movie with a cup of tea, if you like to talk about these things then talk to someone about it (personally I dont but I know its probably more helpful and healthy to lol). Carbs arent evil

Rainbow- saying no to fries is a huge achievement! You didnt throw in the towel, you made good out of a tough situation. And those fries saved you what, 250 cals? 300 cals? So you're under 1300 instead of being around 1600. Nice! Man so much dentist stuff for people this week! Did you decide what to do? Sometimes its nice to just bum around at home

jmko- being a good friend is hard! Esp since no one can see into the future and tell her what she should do. SOunds like you are doing a good job though

krampus- i hate teeth too >.<

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 03-01-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #70  

jmko Hah, same here...we're both pretty indecisive, but he also likes a lot of things I don't so leaves it up to me - and I like a few places he doesn't like that much too so it always ends up being tricky!

krampus Good luck for your goal of being less than your mum! And thanks for the congrats...being back in the 130's strongly feels good...but I'm still worried.

Laneyy Urgh, I hate the dentist too. I just got back from having a filling, half of my face is numb. I'm sure you'll be fine though!

Icon Wow sounds busy but good! Scary about the nearly passing out, but yeah, good place to be for it! I do feel good for not getting the fries - but I actually said to my boyfriend that I was trying to decide between fries OR a burger...and I he said at least the burger had protein and lettuce haha. Today we went out for lunch to an average Mexican restaurant in Mission Bay. I probably won't go back, the food was ok, but the boyfriend got grumpy and I hate going back to places where I've had not so great of a mental situation. He just got stressed out about being out and not home sorting things out - after having spent the whole morning watching tv on his computer haha - boys are silly! And yeah...so much dentist stuff! I'm sitting here with a numb face wondering how I'll fare with eating dinner haha.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #71  

Oh also... I just found out we're going to a Chinese restaurant on Saturday night for a friend's birthday - and then out partying/drinking. And my work day just got switched from Sunday to Saturday, so I can actually have a big night.
I was meant to go out tomorrow night for Mexican food with my boyfriend and some friends but I have now decided I'll skip tomorrow night since I had Mexican for lunch today - and with the Chinese on Saturday, it's probably best I limit my eating out before then.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Indiblue, congrats on breaking the 120’s!

Fromthebox, no no no… my friend never introduced me to the other guy as a dating candidate! I walked by while they were talking and he was like “hey, come meet my friend” and after we had started talking he had to go, but me and the other guy kept on chatting. And he wasn’t even there when we swapped phone numbers so I don’t think he knew… he’s definitely not the bad guy in this scenario wow, omg already?! You guys are in a relationship? Well, congrats, but honestly, I never really understood people who could just start dating that quick… (also I am insanely jealous, so nevermind me…)

Krampus, oh you mean those jelly cups? Yeah, I tried them before but really didn’t like it. didn’t taste like anything at all and the texture is weird. Shame, cuz they’d be a great “filler”.

FPSJ, thanks, and happy to hear about your new positive attitude for March!

Lupos, yup. Same guy. I just couldn’t f*cking believe it either. He seemed so sweet and nice. good luck on your midterms!

Laney, lol at your stories… and good luck at getting into those pants again!!

Sweet, wow, that’s a really weird and totally inappropriate comment….. :/

Laney an bunneh, good luck on your teeth stuff! Sounds unpleasant…

Rainbow, you gotta teach me your magic cuz….. how the **** to you manage to have both popcorn and mcdonald’s in a day and end up under 1300 calories?!

Icon, haha… looks like you’re handling it well! Real life is tiring but you’ll get into the swing of things…

(wrote this earlier today)
So anyways, I’m feeling a bit better today, but only in the sense of my heart and pride being slightly less bruised… I have a terrible headache. Which I’m pretty sure is due to the amount of chocolate I ingested yesterday. Honestly, I don’t think I ate enough for a gain, and since I’d barely eaten anything all day, my calories for the day were probably a little over 2000, which is a lot, but not enough to gain so I guess I’ll see it as a narrow escape. Meh. Now I really wish I hadn’t even eaten any at all cuz my head is pounding. And I wasn’t even hungry. And I ate a huge salad before, to stuff myself so I wouldn’t eat much, and I still ate it all. *sigh* afterwards I felt too full to work out. Last night was just a big big fail. I just want this week to be over, honestly…

(now)
Just finished my last class and am so tired but my headache has thankfully receeded a little. The plan for tonight is a diet shake, with maybe a fruit or something, and kick myself in the butt to workout even though I am so tired… wish me luck!

oh, and also, TOM started... yay... :/
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

kawaii - Ok, I feel much better about your friend now. I don't know, if someone had said "hey, come meet my friend" I might have thought I was being set up with a potential guy. It's all in cultural differences and wording, I guess. As to my guy situation, I've always wished I could do the whole figure each other out before dating thing, but almost every guy who asks me out wants to be dating after the first date. So here I am, headlong into a relationship with him. I'm a tad apprehensive, but I do really like him so we'll see where this goes.

rainbow You did really well at McDonalds! I would probably have caved and had a high calorie day. Good luck navigating the minefield of eating out this week, chinese sounds really good. What type of veggies did your mom put in dinner? Were you able to eat with a numb jaw?

FPSJ Your salad sounds really tasty. Win! for a good, healthy night out.

more personals later, work got busy all of a sudden!
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

fromthebox, i wish that would happen to me! that never happens... there's always a loooong period of dilly-dallying before one of us eventually asks "are we a couple?"... i just wanna jump into things when i like a guy, usually, but at the same time i'm super wary about it... well anyhow, good luck!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #75  

krampus don't you love that extra boost of motivation?

laneyy i'm sure you'll do great! Just remember that you're fabulous and just relax!

icon what better place to pass out? It sounds a little stressful but sounds like you're almost ready!

rainbow Chinese food! Mmm lots of sodium! Makes us all happy girls eating it. Just remember to drink tons of water to flush it all out!

kawaii good luck with your workout! How'd it go?

fromthebox sometimes I think it's funny how guys get attached so quickly. My DH was like that when we first started dating.