Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 10''

My weird motivations actually conflict with each other. I want to get fit and trim so I can be one of the "hot" wives (my husband is in the military and they talk about everyone's wives. It sucks but I want my husband to be proud of his hot wife!) The conflicting motivation is that I want to get down to my pre-baby weight before we TTC baby #2. I am hoping that I can be thinner for a little while before I gain baby weight again!
AngelxxRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #17  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

My ex once commented " keep spitting those kids out, and them hips will keep on speadin" ... so yeah it motivates me... but in fact he got pissed the other day that i wouldnt speak to him and said his gf was a real woman, a size "1" ... calling me fat? in a size 2!???????
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #18  
~Kim~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelxxRose View Post
My weird motivations actually conflict with each other. I want to get fit and trim so I can be one of the "hot" wives (my husband is in the military and they talk about everyone's wives. It sucks but I want my husband to be proud of his hot wife!) The conflicting motivation is that I want to get down to my pre-baby weight before we TTC baby #2. I am hoping that I can be thinner for a little while before I gain baby weight again!
<~ Army Wife, completely feeling you on that Angel. We've also been talking about having another baby and I'd like to be at a healthy weight if/before I get pregnant.

Retro, you could go to FaceInHole dot com and actually put your face on Beyonce's body. My desktop picture is my face on Adrianna Lima's body. I'd show you, but I have no clue how to put a picture in a post.

That Checklist is so simple, yet really appealing for some reason. I guess the visual of getting to X off lbs just seems motivating. I'm going to make one too.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #19  
Sassy, Classy, & Badassey

S/C/G: 239/221.8/135-ish?

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabitl View Post
5) If I don't achieve the body that I want now, before I have kids.. I probably never will. I need to enjoy it while I can. While it's still my own.
I second this! I'm only 21 and not even thinking of having children right now - but I want to take advantage of a skinnier version of me while I'm still my first priority.
badassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneyy View Post
I made some comment like "Wow, I wish I had a body like that" and he came back with "Yeah, I do too, cause the sex would be SO much better".
...that's disgusting. I cannot believe he would say something like that. Good for you for not putting up with that bs!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Wow. These ex-boyfriends all sound like utter douche bags!

I have 2 motivators. My weird one is that I love getting to move my tickers DOWN. That's always so fun!

And my main motivator is that I want to be the mom dropping her little ones off at school that all the other moms hate because I look HOT! I want them to hate me & their husbands to want me!! jk I don't want to be the sloppy mom in oversized sweats & a baseball cap - I want to be a MILF!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #22  

Okay I love that checklist idea, too! Ah! I love this thread!

My weird motivation is this Special K ad that I found in a magazine... it's from their new "What will you gain when you lose?" campaign. It says "What will you gain when you lose?" at the top and then it has a bunch of words like: confidence, sass, peace, hope, motivation, etc. I cut it out, mounted it on cardstock and it is taped to my fridge right now.

If you look at this picture you can see the words that are on the page. They look identical to the backdrop behind the woman: http://www.focusofswfl.com/wp-conten...-K-CASTING.jpg

I couldn't find a picture online of the actual ad... but I'll keep looking. Because it is pretty cool!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/127

Height: 5'0"

Speaking of mantras like that..

I can't remember WHERE I read it, I think maybe it's some Weight Watchers slogan, but I've heard of people posting on their refrigerators stuff like "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels."

I'm sure some could ARGUE that statement with various tastebud pleasers, but you get the idea.

Last edited by tabitl; 03-06-2011 at 12:15 PM.
tabitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #24  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

My weird motivators are.... My nephew. I want a child. My nephew is what does it for me. That and all my life I grew up with my mother shoving more and more food at me. I remember we were at mcdonalds once when I was about 5 and I wanted a happy meal, she said "only a happy meal? im gonna get you a second cheeseburger too" then made me eat the second cheeseburger after that, all I remember is being fat. I was a skinny child till about 6 or so. I still live with my mother and shes always criticized how little I eat because she does eat a lot like a whole bryers ice cream tub (not the little 4 serving ones, the big 12 serving ones) in one sitting. She is shorter than me and at the very minimum 50 lbs heavier than my start weight of 320. I want to show her in her face that it can be done. She keeps telling me she wishes her weight was gone but says it isn't possible. It is. She herself has done it before when I was 14 she lost 100 lbs and was smaller than I was then when I was 15 stopped watching what she ate and gained it all back. I know kind of a long story but there you have it. I want to show my mother wrong. I want to be able to have fun with my nephew and give him a cousin. My motivators
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:21 AM   #25  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

I've also got an ex-boyfriend as motivation. Last summer i had gotten down to my smallest weight of about 125. The boyfriend i had over that summer was legitly only dating me cuz he thought i was attractive (i'm pretty sure that he dated me to show his ex that he could get girls prettier than her). When i gained back about 20 pounds he told me that he wasn't physically attracted to me anymore and that we should just be friends. yeah right.
I want him to see pictures of me on facebook (which i can't prevent, we have a bunch of mutual friends) and regret ever thinking i wasn't physically attractive. I want to be so far out of his league that its not even funny.

Moving my ticker down is also a huge motivation, and honestly i love having people ask how i've lost weight, because i love sharing it but feel awkward just talking about it.
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #26  
KimKardashian=motivation

S/C/G: 194/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

My main motivation, well I have quite a few! lol.
1) my current boyfriend, we got together when i was at my highest-and he never has problem with it. But he is a gym FREAK! We have been together for 1 year-but starting this year he jus said it as a joke that I dare you to lose 10 pounds in 1 month or you have to do xyz. I guess I like dare, I don't want to lose with some1 in dare (lol) so I was like fine, watch me! And since then, I just want to look SKINNY!

I have had other bfs in past, but i never wanted to lose weight for them because i felt like if they can't accept me how I am, then they dont deserve me to begin with. So now, I am in alignment with myself & I want to lose weight for my happiness

2) Kim Kardashian. lol Enough said. I go to gym & watch the Keeping with Kardashian's - and I LOVE HER BODY!

3) I went a wedding recently, and the bride was about 200ish lbs. That extremely motivated me, because know before I even go close to thinking about getting married, I want to look THE BEST!!

4) I agree, I want to one of those hot moms too, once the time comes lol. I know thats probably like 4-6 years away but still!

5) Me & my girls are going to vegas this summer- that def motivates me too!!

6) Everyone tells me I have a pretty face & if i lose weight, i would look more prettier. So I want to see too, because i have never been skinny-probably for past 9 years. So i know i can do it

7)I have this app on blackberry called "write sthing" and I have about 100 quotes that i customized & it updates every hour on your wallpaper- so reading them helps me ALOT!
feelingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #27  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

My motivation isn't quite weird... But it is what it is. I'm sick and tired of being the "giant". I'm almost 5'10", and with extra fat... I'm just... Well... Big. I want to look like I almost blend in with my friends (or at least stand out in a good way) instead of stand out like a sore thumb.

That... And clothes. I LOVE fashion, and once I hit my goal weight I'm going to go on a $1000 shopping spree.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote