Old 02-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #76  
sugar is the devil

OMG Icon, I just looked at those asian glazed chicken... and I want! I think I'll make them tomorrow or such. I'm sure my boyfriend would enjoy this very much (he's a chicken drumstick fan... but we haven't had it much due to us trying to both be healthier)
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #77  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

sweet- they are REALLY good. Like you look at the amount of soy sauce and vinegar and you think its going to be overwhelming but it is awesome
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #78  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Good morning 20-somethings!

I'm back safely in the 50s (in kilos), weight was about 59.1 kg (130ish lbs) this morning which means I'm less than a pound from my Thursday morning weigh-in --> total damage from Seoul was negligible. In a good mood today; my jacket and skirt which I was sausage-popping out of on Monday fit again. It could be all the nasal spray talking though...

I spent all night and yesterday reading "Eat This, Not That!" on menshealth.com - are you guys familiar?

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/home

Eating out in America is such a minefield of sodium bombs. I have a real newfound appreciation of all you American ladies who manage to balance eating out with losing weight.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Evening ladies. Back up to 147.2 today. Not bad after the sugar-fest of last night. My best friend took me to IHOP for breakfast after work and then decided that we shouldn't donate blood today because our other housemate is sick with the plague. Tricked me into an extra 680 calories already today (they were meant for donation day). I am sick of maintenance level eating because of social situations. I don't know how to avoid it some times. Thank god I usually can avoid eating above that, but everyone starts treating me like a stick in the mud when I don't indulge at all.

As for 147, it's been a week at or around that number. Body did this at 157 too, please let me get past this soon.

rissa- welcome back! I don't know if I'd want to go 2-3 times a day, but once a day would be great. The first months of my loss I went like clockwork in the morn. Now I'm lucky to go at any point during the day.

Rainbow I have faith that you'll get the job. last week was just full of suck wasn't it? I think we used up all the suck Feb has, and soon things will get better.

krampus I know! Eating out here is so difficult, almost everything is at least double the portion you need and chock-full of sodium. I've gotten used to being the pariah who gets half the meal in a doggy bag before it's served. That way you can't feel compelled to finish it. I've got half a Chipotle burrito bowl waiting for me at work tonight.

Icon But at least you know now, so you can get your document on time, right? Bureaucracy in any form sucks. The background check for my job takes minimum four months, the whole process maybe six. The entirety of which you have to spend jobless or at another job.

Last edited by fromthebox; 02-15-2011 at 10:37 PM.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #80  
Staying the Same

fromthebox Yeah man. Every time I go back to the States I am just blown away at how huge everything is. I think I am going to have to start hanging out with broke hippies and vegans only if I want any hope of staying manageably un-fat upon repatriation come August. What you said about people treating you like a party-killer when you don't overeat is SO true and SO hard to deal with. I'm really impressed you manage to stay at maintenance levels.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

indiblue, thanks! my kids ARE adorable... i am really lucky to have really good (or at least well-meaning) kids at my school... most of the time, the stupid stunts they pull are the highlight of my day

rainbow, yeah, but still, it is NOT your fault. ha... yesterday was a bit of a fail, although not nearly as bad as monday, haha.

fromthebox, yay for cake, pooh for the unwanted sugar! your friends are nice though

Miz, glad to hear you're in a good mood again! haha... i would not want to have you on my bad side! great job on staying motivated this week though! i need to find some of that........

lupos and rainbow, eww, you guys are making me not wanna have cats! not that i could anyways, since i'm allergic, but still! lol.

rainbow, i want to know what kind of planet you shop in to get such low-calorie foods... french toast for 300 cal?! really?! i hate you... lol!

Risssa, hey! welcome back! good luck with everything!

fromthebox, aww... well at least you are doing maintainance level and not worse! could you maybe up your calorie-burning a bit more so that you would still lose?

hey guys, today was busy again so i am posting so late... and today was another fail. i dunno what is wrong with me this week, i am just so full of cravings and can't seem to hold on to any kind of restraint for more than five seconds. after lunch today, i ate the chocolates that my student gave me yesterday, and then, later on i ended up going straight through the bag of crackers that i'd brought to last me the whole week, to eat only a few in the mornings since lunchtime is so late. *sigh* and i haven't even had supper yet *double sigh*. at this point, i pretty much have given up on the idea of having lost ANY weight by friday, and that's really depressing. and now all i can think about is that i want to go to the grocery store after school to buy another thing of crackers, and some cheese.... fail, fail, fail...
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #82  
sugar is the devil

Finally worked my first day shift in a long time - and, oh man, was it ever busy. Makes me remember why I'd rather work evenings and nights. I don't think I even got to sit down once on my 8 hour shift; I was running around like a chicken without it's head. I realized about 7 hours into my shift that I forgot to have a sip of water! Easy to do as a nurse - you even forget to pee when you're working so busy. I really really need to work on upping my water intake as I feel like I "forget" way too often, even when I'm at home...
Old 02-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Sweet - I have the same problem with water, but for different reasons. It isn't that I forget to pee, but that I can't get up and leave. I am in a room for 10hr straight most nights and get one bathroom break if I'm lucky. I have a bladder of steel! I try to drink more but it has led to some really bad nights when the officers are too busy to give me a bathroom break.

I prefer the night shift as well, but sometimes the schedule sucks. I think I like swings best.

Last edited by fromthebox; 02-16-2011 at 01:35 AM.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #84  
sugar is the devil

fromthebox Ugh - I worked as a careaide for the last couple of years while I was in nursing school. I basically did bedside monitoring - which means I wasn't allowed to leave the room or the patient. Even when I had to pee bad - I found nurses would always forget to come and relieve me from breaks and such. I often had to ring the bell for them to come so I can tell them I needed to pee! Now as a nurse, I at least CAN get to go to the bathroom when needed. I just find it super hard to because you have 10 different things to do all at once - that it's hard to justify spending 5 minutes to pee. Today, at one point, I was drawing up insulin and I started doing the pee-pee dance (and singing that potty dance song I've been seeing on Huggies commercials lately). I actually had to go so bad that I put down my syringe and went to the staff bathrooms... and BOTH were occupied... so I had to "ignore" it for another 20 minutes before I had the time to get to one again!

I think I don't even recognize my other body urges of hunger and thirst when working so busy. Even when I did remember I didn't drink any water at that point in the day, I still didn't feel thirsty. I think when your mind is busy on work, work, work... your body forgets about pee, water, and food urges! Which is why I tend to forget about drinking some good ol' H20...

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 02-16-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:57 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

krampus Glad to hear the Seoul damage wasn't as bad as you thought!

fromthebox Aw thanks. I wouldn't be too sure. Job market is ridiculous at the moment. Sorry you're having troubles with people and indulging - and sorry that came out weirdly, I can't word it properly...

Kawaii Oh no. You could still have a loss if you're really on track the next couple of days?

Sweet My problem is that sometimes I drink so much water and don't need to pee! It's very strange.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #86  
Staying the Same

OK ladies, if anyone hasn't tried "Bengal Spice" flavored tea by Celestial Seasonings, go get some. i just got some for the first time tonight and when I tasted it I said out loud "OHHH YEAHHHH" because it was so magical. It's like chai with cinnamon as the primary flavor but caffeine free.

Stayed on plan today, though I did budget 350 calories for Baskin Robbins ice cream. It was awesome and I am ready and willing to commit to eating healthier tomorrow. I went shopping tonight and made a salad that I am DYING to eat for lunch tomorrow. It's got borlotti beans, little bits of cheddar cheese, raisins, strawberries, and sesame oil on a bed of potherb mustard (mizuna/水菜) and I am looking forward to how filling it will be.

SweetScrumptious That sounds really tough. I really admire nurses for the hard and sometimes traumatic/dirty work they do, all in the name of helping people.

KawaiiCandie Look at me, I am your future...do you want to be so embarrassed about gaining that you get rid of your ticker and are too embarrassed to post your weight in your user title?!? Get back on track. Don't worry about losing, focus on not gaining. You can do it!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #87  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Icon – I got he’s just not that into you, and you have to kiss a lot of frogs. The second book I’ve read a few years back it was cute and I really liked it. Plus is was on sale for 4.99 so I bought it. I think I’m going to re-read it heh.

Rainbow - I told Icon what I got =) also I’m proud of myself as well. I think it’s the fact I haven’t stepped on a scale and I knew I was going to go out for dinner later so why waste it ya know? As for French toast…I prefer pancakes but small pancakes not big ones mmm haha

Fatpants – Ugh I hate when stress gives you lack of sleep! Hopefully the rest of your week goes better!

Icon – Yea cops are ******ed or the idiots that do the background checks seriously. Also congrats on your time! That must have been exciting!

Krampus – I’m glad your back into the 50’s, see it was probably just a matter of too much sodium! Also don’t you hate when you make something soo good for the next day and your body is like give it to me now!

Fromthebox – I saw your pictures you seriously look AMAZING! So don’t worry if you’re not dropping as much and are kind of stuck. Remember you could still be shrinking. I know I was stuck at 168 but my clothing were getting smaller still at one point…sometimes the scale is ******ed =)

Kawaii – Ah it’s hard to get the motivation going, maybe I’ll hand my ex over to you…that might help or you can probably just light a sim on fire that might work too and pretend its him haha. Also by starwberries and munch on them, they’re sweet and taste yummy, or if you’re craving sugar oranges usually do the trick and get rid of that sugar craving for me because they’re full of it.

Sweetscrump – hmm yea it’s easy to forget to drink water. I do that sometimes if it’s not sitting right in front of me. Especially on days I drink my energy drink in the morning. I try and remember to drink water after my first break.

===

So dinner with my guyfriend went better then expected we actually talked, he didn’t understand the full concept as to what I did before simply because he just is a typical male who doesn’t listen. But lastnight I explained to him his uncoolness as the bar and treating me like crap in front of a group of people was my last straw with him. I told him everything he said because of course he didn’t remember much of it. Also his drinking which I’ve explained multiple times he finally understood the full concept of it. So were cool now, def not back to where we were, but he’s def not going to ignore me now (or so he says) he admitted he deserved what he got now that he understands why I walked. I felt bad but you know in the end everyone at one point in time deserves to understand their faults and stuff.

I ate at boston pizza lastnight and had a ceaser salad and pasta but I only ate half of the pasta and saved the rest for lunch today. I over ate my calories yesterday and you know what I’m find with that because I’ve been really under eating the last few days which isn’t good. This morning I woke up STARVING! Holy crap! I had to drink a boost meal replacement right away, it was so weird that has never happened to me. Maybe it was because I ate around 7pm lastnight and my body was like wtf you never do that? I don’t know. But happy hump day ladies!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

krampus yay for not gaining a bunch! I always have a hard time after shopping, trying not to try some of everything I bought! Your salad sounds yummy, I hope it's worth the wait
Fromthebox Ihop mmmmm! They have the most amazing giant breakfasts, sounds like you did a pretty good job controlling yourself to gain so very little.
Kawaiimust be the moon or something, because this week has been hard foe me too! Just pick up again today, after all, you have your whole life ahead of you for this
Sweetyeah, it's hard to get in enough water no matter what. What kind of nurse are you? I'm an rn having one heck of a time trying to get a job
Mizsounds like a hard convo to have, but a good one. Ceasar salad sOunds so good right now, hmmm. I'm always starving in the morning, it's a long time since the last meal.

I ate a turkey sandwich last night at like 10pm, I was so hungry. I don't usually eat sandwiches, oh well. I also ate 5 shrimp, must have needed protein or something. DF and I promised each other no more night time snacking for a couple more weeks. If we just make little goals its much easier to comply My weigh in is tomorrow, and I'm sure its still 193 (I was down to 191 during the week), which is the same as last weeks weigh in. Cant complain too much, but it's disappointing after the past couple weeks huge losses.
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #89  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Good morning!

I am back to my happy self this morning after a blah day yesterday!

krampus I am a tea addict. My favorite is a citrus green tea. I'll pick up the Bengal Spice next time I'm at the store, I love me a good chai. Especially since it has purported magical powers Also, when I go out to eat, I make sure I know the calories of stuff beforehand. That way I already know what I'm getting

Sweet and fromthebox How the heck do you guys do that? I have to pee like all the time. My bladder must be pea sized. I'm going to be in trouble when/if I ever get prego.

kawaii I love my kitties. They're worth the hassle. They just stupid kittens right now anyway, causing trouble. Come jump back on the "on-plan" train with me!

rainbow My day is better today How did the haircut and wax go? I've done a wax down south before... not my best experience. 300 calorie french toast? This sounds delicious.

Icon My background check took a long time too. About 4 months. Probably all governmental paper pushing hold ups is why it takes so long. Grats on your faster duathlon time

risssa Are you getting enough fiber? That could definitely be the culprit especially if you're not eating any grains.

MiZ I hate convos like that. Necessary but, still uncomfortable. I bet since you were going under calorie the other days your body was like NEED FOOD!!! (I imagine the Cookie Monster for some reason)

School tonight! Then I have to go talk to a professor about getting an internship with her company. Please send good Karma my way, I really want this one!
My sister's birthday is on Friday, I'm not sure how I should handle the food. We're going to the Japanese Steak House. It's relatively healthy food, but there always is a ton of it. Broth/salad/grilled veggies/grilled chicken/white rice/pineapple sherbet
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Morning girls! Personals later.

Hit 171.0 today!! Almost out of the 170s!!! I dreamed about Rubio's burritos last night...must have been thinking about my trip to CA
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote