Old 02-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'7

Default =/ Wow first week, and nothing!

Ok well today I weighed in, and I weighed 203.4 pounds. I started this week at about 204. Surprisingly I do not feel that defeated, I will continue! All this week I did not exercise, but today I will start! I'm joining the YMCA soon, and will have access to classes, and the gym. Today I'm just going to run though! I'll do better! I only binged twice this week, and that is great for me! Thanks so much for taking the time to read this guys! I hope all of you keep your gorgeous heads up when things don't exactly go your way!
Chaselove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #2  
On a mission

S/C/G: 14/14/7 (sizes)

Height: 5'2

I love my local YMCA!!!
The classes are a lot of fun and it has all of the same equipment as the expensive gyms.
Congratulations on your successes over the week.
Mindless Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #3  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey Chaselove, congrats for not being defeated! What's your diet plan?
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Sounds like you lost about a half a pound! I know it's not a lot, but I'll take a loss over the same or a gain any day! Congrats!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

It's pretty awesome that you didn't gain with 2 binges! What are your eating plans? Exercising is definitely going to make a difference! GL!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless Games View Post
I love my local YMCA!!!
The classes are a lot of fun and it has all of the same equipment as the expensive gyms.
Congratulations on your successes over the week.
So true! The YMCA is great! Thank you so much!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseFalls View Post
Hey Chaselove, congrats for not being defeated! What's your diet plan?
Thanks! I'm on Weight Watchers. What I eat through out the week is usually

Breakfast is any two of these foods: corn flakes with milk, yogurt, banana, green smoothie, oatmeal, boiled egg whites, English muffin with cream cheese, or a jelly sandwich.

Snack one of these: Box of raisins, apple or banana.

Lunch and dinner ( I eat both, but I usually just switch):brown rice with vegetables and a veggie burger OR baked chicken breast on spinach, pita bread, with lemon juice.

That's what I ate this week. I'm looking for easier recipes though!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Sounds like you lost about a half a pound! I know it's not a lot, but I'll take a loss over the same or a gain any day! Congrats!
Thank you! I'm going to keep going, because this would be the time that I usually would just give up!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonAvePhoto View Post
It's pretty awesome that you didn't gain with 2 binges! What are your eating plans? Exercising is definitely going to make a difference! GL!
Thanks! I'm super glad about the binges, because I used to do it every night!
Ok this is what I eat: I'm on Weight Watchers.

Breakfast is any two of these foods: corn flakes with milk, yogurt, banana, green smoothie, oatmeal, boiled egg whites, English muffin with cream cheese, or a jelly sandwich.

Snack one of these: Box of raisins, apple or banana.

Lunch and dinner ( I eat both, but I usually just switch):brown rice with vegetables and a veggie burger OR baked chicken breast on spinach, pita bread, with lemon juice.

That's what I ate this week. I'm looking for easier recipes though!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #10  

Hey you guys guess what!? I did lose weight! I weighed myself again this morning, and the scale said that I weight 201.9 pounds!! YESSSSS! I guess I weighed myself too late yesterday! I am very happy! Thank you all for your support!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

You should most deff checkout some of the weight watchers recipes they have, AMAZING! I can post a few for you if you would like, I have them typed out already. Im not doing WW but do enjoy cooking healthy for my family

Congrats on that loss BTW, awesomeness!
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishisnowcone View Post
You should most deff checkout some of the weight watchers recipes they have, AMAZING! I can post a few for you if you would like, I have them typed out already. Im not doing WW but do enjoy cooking healthy for my family

Congrats on that loss BTW, awesomeness!
Thank you Sweetie! I will look at some of the recipes! Please post a few of your favorites that would be great! Yes healthy food is great, and your family will be super healthy and strong!! Thanks so much!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Here are a few I have tried (and loved!)
calzone supreme: 6 points each
Cooking spray
1/2 C presliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 C chopped onions
1/2 C chopped green bell pepper
1 garlic clove, minced, or 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 (10 oz) can refrigerated pizza dough
1 C tomato and basil pasta sauce
20 slices turkey pepperoni
3/4 C (3 oz) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

1. preheat oven to 425
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, onions and bell pepper and garlic; sautee 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in black pepper and salt.
3. unroll pizza dough; cut into 4 equal rectangles. Roll each rectangle to 1/8 inch thickness. spread 2 Tbs pasta sauce on each rectangle, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges. Divide mushroom mixture evenly among rectangles, and top each with 5 slices of pepperoni and 3 Tbs cheese. Moisten edges of rectangles with water and fold in half lengthwise, pressing edges together to seal.
4. Place calzones on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 for 13 minutes or until golden. Serve calzones with remaining pasta sauce. Makes 4 servings.

Ham Reubens 6 points each
3 C angel hair slaw
1 C drained canned sauerkraut
1/2 C reduced-fat thousand Island dressing (Kraft makes a fat free one that is really good)
8 (0.8 oz) slices reduced calorie wheat bread
4 oz shaves lean deli ham (I used turkey because we dont really eat ham)
1C (4oz) shredded reduced fat swiss (I used reduced fat slices, couldnt find the shredded)
Butter flavored cooking spray (I didnt use, I did it in the toaster oven)
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss well. Let stand 5 minutes or until cabbage wilts
2. Spoon slaw mixture evenly over 4 bread slices; top evenly with ham and cheese. Top with remaining bread slices. Coat tops with cooking spray.
3. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place 2 sandwiches coated sides down in a pan. Cook 2 minutes or until golden. Flip and do the same on the other side, Voila!
Grilled Steak and asparagus salad 5 points
2 Tbsp Dijon mustars
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 lb asparagus spears
1 1lb flank steak
4 1/4 inch slices red onion
cooking spray
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Set vinagrette aside. Snap off rough ends of asparagus.
2. Prepare grill
3. Place flank steak and onion slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes. Turn steak and onions slices over, and add asparagus to grill rack. Grill 4 more minutes or longer if desired. Grill asparagus 2 minutes on each side or until done. (I did this all on the stove top, turned out just fine)
4. Let steak stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cut asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices COmbine steak, asparagus, onion in large bowl. Add vinnagrette; toss well. Makes 5 1 C servings.

Chicken, apple and smokes gouda salad 6 points
This is my favorite. I have made it many times.
1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, Cooked, shredded
8oz sliced gala apples (I just use 2)
3/4 C chopped red bell pepper (I use green, its cheaper)
1/2 C sliced celery
1/2 C slices red onion, seperated into rings
1 6oz bag baby spinach
3/4 C fat free honey dijon salad dressing (I make my own so no suggestions here)
1/2 C smoked gouda cheese, shredded
8 tsp sliced almonds, toasted (I leave these out)
1. Combine first 6 ingrediants in a large bowl. Drizzel dressing over salad; toss well. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and almonds. Makes 4 servings.
- I just mix it ALL together and put it in 2 separate tupperwear containers, then shake them really well. It lasts a couple days in the fridge. Ive never had any left for more than a couple days so I cant say how much longer it can go Even my kids like it!
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #14  

Ishisnowcone: I think my mouth just watered all over my computer! Thank you so much I'll try them, and tell you how much I love them!
I'm going to try the calzone supreme first! 8) It looks so delicious!
Thanks!!