Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #1  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Buddy search again -- Minnesota

Hi all. It's been a long time since I've been on this forum, but I need to get myself back into the swing of things, and what better way than to visit 3FC again?

I'm here now to search for a friend, or online buddy, etc to help with our goals. I am all about walking/running and rollerblading come summer, but it's just barely above 0 outside right now here in Minnesota. It ain't going to happen for me for a few months!

I don't want this to sound like a personal ad, but it sort of does, haha!

I am looking for someone I can talk with and possibly work out with. I'd at least like to start with a more balanced and healthy diet right now, but I'd like someone to talk to and visit with about goals, struggles and accomplishments. I want someone who will be honest and opinionated about what we are trying to do - which is help each other out in our weight loss goal or maintaining weight goal.

I started my weight loss goal January 2009, when I weighed 155. I started working out and eating healthy but I was also taking weight loss pills. I got down to 130-135ish**, and loved it, but once I stopped taking the pills, of course it came back, but I stayed around 140ish. I kept 140 up until about three months ago, when I started creeping back up to 150. I weight myself yesterday morning at 149.8.

Ugh.

I knew that I was gaining weight back pretty quickly after the holidays and a few weekends of eating just awful. I stopped taking birth control (I got married this summer and we decided we were ready to start a family) and I also stopped taking my depression medication (which was also an appetite suppressant).

I tried to put on my favorite pairs of jeans today (although fresh out of the wash, they were always a little tight) but I could hardly button them, and once they were (with effort...) I could barely move.

I just about had a melt down.

I know I'm fairly healthy. I work 10 hour days and am constantly moving and on my feet. I would just like to get myself back down to the low 140's and feel good about myself again.

I'm not looking for a quick miracle (Oh my goodness wouldn't that be fabulous?!) but I would like someone who wants to continue their healthiness journey with me and try to get back onto a healthy lifestyle.

Long story, but I hope someone takes the time to read this and is interested in helping me out.

Cheers.

**I know that 130lbs was maybe a bit too small for me... I have written about that before. But I loved being that small - I was confident! I now know that even being at 140 again, I'd still be confident and still be happy. I just would like to reach at least 135 again.
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote