Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2001, 10:33 AM   #1  

hi there im a 22 year old girl.
i am at my heaviest and i can't do this anymore. my aunt kept saying to me over the holidays "if you do what u did, you get what you got" I guess my problem is i don't know how to do any different. old habits die hard, and this one just might kill me. I guess im looking for a person to vent, *****, moan and groan with. i need help finding my motivation. If anyone can relate don't hesitate to get back to me on that one!
thanx

------------------
Never frown! You never know who is falling in love with your smile!
and i've got a great smile :P
Old 01-08-2001, 12:00 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Phoebe
My Names Kierie im 24 and i know exactly how you feel Like the world and your families against you you can do it! its in baby steps
if you feel like it we have a thread on the support board called Bulge Battling Buddies
and I'd love it if you joined us just coming to this site is a step in the right direction
Old 01-09-2001, 03:20 PM   #3  

hey thanks for getting back to me. i really hope this time will be different. My friends want to help but they can't really relate. I wish they could but they can't. Sometimes I feel like the only one out thjere with this struggle. But i know im not. there are alot of people out there, and hopefully i can do this right.

------------------
Old 01-10-2001, 07:48 PM   #4  

Hi Phoebe don't give up i'm new at this too and i too need a friend. I'm 26 5'6" tall and 190lbs. I've been dieting for ten days now and so far so good but i'm really determined to lose 50lbs and i will do it. Its not easy but it shouldn't be anyway, anything worth achieving will make you feel so much more better when you accomplish it and you will. My name is Tina so you can talk to me any time you wish day or night it doesn't matter i need a motivator too so lets do this together ok. I've changed my entire diet and gave up sweets which was my addiction and only drink water and diet beverages now. Also I eat salad and low fat meals. It was not an easy thing to change like this but I have to do it for me and i'm so tired of not feeling comfortable or please with the way i look in my clothes. So write back okay i'm here for you.
Old 01-12-2001, 07:01 AM   #5  

Hey Pheobe & Chikki,

I'm 26 and am in the same boat that you're in. I am 5'4 and 165 lbs. Its comforting to know that their is people out there, around the same age as me that are feeling the same way I am. Maybe we can all work on this together. I just moved and i'm far away from the family and friends so it would be great to have someone to talk to about this. Three years ago I lost 35 lbs and I felt so great. My whole personality was different. I want to feel like that again. Take care. Becki
Old 01-12-2001, 02:53 PM   #6  

i just want to say thank you for everyone who has gotten back to me. i really appriciate it. I guess i have been in denial about my weight... i guess as much as one can be. It really hit me a few weeks ago when i was in florida with my family and i forgot my swimsuit... and had to buy a new one. Well i guess i had what you could call a panic attack in the change room.. i was so embarassed.. and my family (sister mom and aunt) running in and out of the change room handing me suit after suit... i got dizzy then gags.. and couldn't stop crying... but i was mad that i was crying.. lets just say it was a disaster!!! I guees it was me in a change room... bathing suit after bathing.. and realizing that i am at the heaviest ever.. and i freaked.. i felt like i was nuts. I don't know how much you may relate to that... bt i thought... maybe if someone did.. i wouldn't feel as.. ohhh crazy i guess!! Thanks again to all those who wrote in. Its hard to start.. and its hard to find motivation!!i wish i could!

------------------
Old 01-13-2001, 01:02 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey phoebs
Oh god the Bathing suit Horror! i make it a point Never to try them on i buy a size bigger than i am (god bless lane bryant) and take it home if it doesnt fit u can take it back and save the anxiety
1im 5'3 and about 190 on a good day I lost 35 in the spring on nutrisystem that food should be toxic btw Now im trying a low carb way of eating WOE for short
I know what its like to have friends who cant relate
all my friends are skinny but you have us and we can do this!
Old 01-13-2001, 01:57 AM   #8  

Hey all-
I too understand what it is like to be the only fat one in your group of friends and family. This past year I finally woke up though ahnd realized that in order for me to succeed at my weightloss goal (I have 100lbs to lose) that I have to take control over my body and my life.
Dieting is hard, especially when you are a college student who only has time for cafeteria food or a quick meal from my college's food court. But I am going to make some progress because I want to. I am not being pressured by my family and all of my friends support me.
I am glad though that this site exists because no matter how many times you find cute clothes at Lane Bryant you still want to be able to shop in the same stores as your thinner friends, who also complain about their weight. It can just be enough to make you walk down to Ben and Jerry's and order the biggest ice cream sunday they have.
Boy, I had a lot of pended up anger inside of me. Anyways ta ta for now
-Bona
Old 01-13-2001, 03:14 PM   #9  

hey all.. again i want to thank everyone for getting back to me... im glad some of you can relate to the bathing suit horrors... Well its hard coming to the realization that i have a hundred lbs too loose.. there i said it... i mena i could probably stand to loose more because im 5' nothing... but when i realized i hit the 100 lnbs mark, part of me died. I think i was in denial... funny how long you can live in denial for. Especially when you don't want to believe in the truth, because the truth sucks *** !! i think it really hasn't hit me... that if im going to do this everything has to change... and i sooo don't want to end up as one of those celery and tofu freaks (no offence to celery and tofu fans) i mean celery is ok but... i am having the hardest time admiting... that i have a problem... i know i have one.. but i don't want to face it... i don't think im strong enough, i think it is stronger than me, and that scares me, i mean i feel like i have no control over my life, or my body. I think that it has already won.

------------------
Old 02-13-2001, 07:32 AM   #10  
oni

i can not relate to the horror of bathing suit shopping because - guess what - i simply AVOID IT altogether. i'm probably the only person at the beach wearing a t-shirt and pants, or really long shorts. i think that last time i was in a bathing suit was in my preteens.

i wish there were more stores like lane bryant.. i actually feel skinny in that store - but their prices are just too much for me....

Closed Thread