Old 02-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I had a pretty big slip up last night. I saved up a bunch of calories yesterday so I could indulge last night when I went out with my fiance and a friend. The problem is that I overdid it probably to the point of a binge. I told myself that I could have chicken fingers (and try not to eat the whole plate). Well, we ended up going to this bar and unbeknownst to us they were having a Mardi Gras celebration with free food (including chicken tenders). Well, lets just say I had way too many of those chicken tenders dipped in honey mustard sauce. I felt so sick after I was done eating and I was so mad at myself, but what's done is done. On the up side, I drank water pretty much all night and only had one drink. On the down side, I was really paying for it on the scale this morning. I hope those horrid chicken tenders just haven't made it through my system yet and the number on the scale isn't real gain.
SweetPeach3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

sun I love oreos! I watch my DH eat them all the time. I'm jealous! Hooray for dropping xmas weight!

rainbow you have listed on the food that I really want to be eating! I know it's terrible, but I keep dreaming about being able to have these soon (in moderation of course)! I'm glad you and your bf are doing better ^_^

ishi Isn't it great how creative we've all become now that we're eating better? I cook more new and tasty things now, than I ever have in my life!

prepping wine and popcorn together? I will have to try this later!

sweet slipups happen to all of us. don't worry too much about it and just keep moving forward! and hopefully you got yoru fill of chicken tenders so you won't crave it later!

Why is that whenever I think I've done a fantastic job during the day and expect to lose weight the next morning I always gain??? What is that?? It's so frustrating. I know last night I had high levels of sodium because we went out for nabe (pronounced na-beh and it's a japanese hot pot soup, just in case you were wondering). I should have chosen the ginger broth, but noooooooooooooo, I just had to get the salt base. Boo. Oh well, it tasted good, but now I know better. I haven't lost too much this week...tomorrow is my weigh in day and I've only lost a pound. I feel like the closer I get to my goal weight, the harder it is to stay motivated. Sometimes my head goes, "you've lost so much already, maybe you should just stop now!" But I know I'll be happier in the long run if I keep going. Go go go!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

jmko It's funny you say about having lost so much and thinking about stopping haha. I'm at the point where I'm the smallest I've been in my adult life and I've been having thoughts like that for a couple of weeks or so now. I guess it doesn't help that my weight is teetering around the same few numbers but with no real loss for a couple of weeks either.
Nabe sounds so good, a friend of mine in another thread talks about it sometimes as she lives in Japan hah! I'd say the sodium definitely caused a bit of water retention.

Sweet It was just one night of too many chicken tenders. Move past it and keep going, you're doing great.

~Yup so my weight is up again this morning, 63.5kg / 139.9 pounds. I could say I don't understand...and in some ways it's true, but yesterday wasn't amazing food wise either. I ate my usual cereal breakfast - egg sandwich lunch..and then had a personal spinach/mushroom/feta pizza for dinner. That kept me inside my calories, but the creme egg (chocolate egg thing in case they don't exist in the US/other places) I split with my boyfriend didn't.
I mean I don't think I've gone over my calories enough to actually GAIN, but then again, I never know.
I think it could be time to try limiting myself to around 1350 during the week and maybe 1600 on Friday and Saturdays. That would create another 550 calorie deficit over the week..but I don't know if it would work or not.
I need to get back into the exercise but so far all that I'm getting in is my Tuesday Zumba class. Tonight I won't get home til after 8 or 9 and I need sleep. I am going to try to do better on my days off work this week.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #154  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

rainbow I know pancakes are sooo many calories its ridiculous! exercise is elusive this month for me as well. I think I will be better next month when dd treatment are done. Does this next month look less hectic for you? Good luck on dropping your calories lower. i seem to be falling around 1600 everyday.

sweetpeach one night can't break you!

jmko Sodium is sooo frustrating. but atleast its not real weight. I wish i was at a place where i was happy. I still have a ways to go for that.

doing decent. I haven't worked out consistently like before. Went for a walk yesterday but was just so tired today after dd treatments I took a nap instead. She has been sick and so has hubby.. I don't feel good but quite frankly I have to no time to be sick until Tuesday. lol Tomorrow is a long day and I know exercise might be out but I will eat as good as I can without stressing out. When I am out of the house so much I am too tired to cook so I MUST be kind to myself and not drive myself crazy. See you guys tomorrow
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #155  

sun Oh no. I hope you don't get sick (or too sick if you are already..which it seems you may be...). And yes you're right, be kind to yourself! This next month...well...it's still a constant stress applying for jobs and waiting to hear back (so far have heard nothing and have applied for over 15 jobs in the past month). I think perhaps for me it will be more important to just get better foods in for my calories...maybe lowering isn't quite necessary, but bettering the quality of the foods DEFINITELY is.

~Sad but true...I've been contemplating just stopping now and maintaining for a while, and it's because I'm disheartened at the lack of loss the past couple of weeks. And I've also basically been giving into most of my cravings, fitting them into calories etc...but they are stupid cravings. Chocolate milk... chocolate...burgers, fries..CRAP. Need this to stop.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #156  

Hey all, I'm going to start a thread for March (eep.) - will call it Make Me Accountable in March - hope to see you there!