Old 01-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #1  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Default All I Want to Do is Eat? :(

Gah! Do you ever have those days minnie weeks where all you want to do is eat? I'm having one now. We have increased our practice schedule, my body is super sore, and I just want to eat carbs and cheese foods. Even when I'm not hungry. I just need to to calm down. Do any of you guys ever randomly get like this? And what do you do when these cravings/binge needs come?
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Ug I get that now and then. If it's genuine hunger I usually eat something with protein to help if it's just a small amount- like a hard boiled egg or some almonds. If that doesn't work I chug water.

I also will do things to keep me busy like play with my pets or call a friend or crochet, anything to keep my mind off of food- it helps
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

Ugh i get these urges to. Unfortnately I usually end up eating if I have something unhealthy to eat. Its the reason I've maintained for two months now instead of lost. Because I'll have a good week then a week where all I want to do is eat . Let me know if you figure out a good way to get rid of the problem! Lol. For me, I'm just going to ignore my brain for a while. Haha. Serioulsy...just set a goal in my mind to be at 140 by mid Feb. So in two weeks.

We just have to figure out a way to not let ourselves get distracted by momentary pleasure. Remember "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Or so Kate Moss claims. I wouldn't know because I've never been skinny. She has. I'll go with her on this one .
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Right before TOM or during or after, I haven't figured it out yet but between those times I'm ALWAYS hungry it doesn't stop or go away until I've fully stuffed myself and wanting to vomit...of course I don't vomit but that's how I feel.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/210/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes! It's usually at night for some reason when I shouldn't be eating anything. It hasn't been too bad recently, but I definitely have my days when I just want to stuff myself full of everything bad. Cheese, especially cheddar cheese (*drool*), is a weakness for me as well.

Usually I'm able to resist by just telling myself that satisfying a craving for a brief moment isn't worth the weight gain (as they say, "A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!"). Then I just go keep myself occupied by exercising or something, or just going to bed. If that doesn't work, drinking water like someone else mentioned is definitely helpful for me. Most of the time drinking water takes the edge off of any craving I have.
Northern Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #6  

Location: On Planet Earth...I'm waiting for the Oxygen levels to go up on the other planet's before I move

S/C/G: 250/125/120

I'm so bad...I feel hungry all of the time. Since day one of my 'healthy life plan' I have been hungry. I've learned to ignore 'the hunger' and try to convice myself I won't die if I don't eat non-stop. I do what most of these people here said - I keep busy and don't think about it.

Around TOM I crave peanut butter and I tend to give in.
WinterJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 314/289/180

Height: 5'3

Yes, it mainly happens during that time of the month for me. Its hard to fight it!!
jasminenicole89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterJinx View Post
I'm so bad...I feel hungry all of the time. Since day one of my 'healthy life plan' I have been hungry. I've learned to ignore 'the hunger' and try to convice myself I won't die if I don't eat non-stop. I do what most of these people here said - I keep busy and don't think about it.

Around TOM I crave peanut butter and I tend to give in.
There is this stuff called pb2 that has like 15% the calories of regular peanut butter- I hear it's good.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/217/195

Height: 5ft4

Yep, since I'm still new to the weight loss thing, I usually have cravings after 3-4 good days. Then I just want to eat everything in sight, Im getting better at controling it. Coming on this forum has been helping. If I get a craving, I start chugging water and reading posts! lol
MzHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

It usually happens during the TOM week and whenever I'm feeling emotionally down. I just want to eat and eat all those yummy fried foods. I was feeling really down today and all day at work the bad foods were taunting me. I just wanted to stuff my face without restraint, but I didn't give in and binge. I kept thinking about how when I get home, I am going to cook a very healthy Chicken Pad Thai and relax. I don't need those chips or cookies or brownies. I got through it without cheating and I'm very happy with myself.

Last edited by surrendertolis; 01-28-2011 at 08:05 PM.
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #11  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Well, today was unsuccessful. Carbs and cheese nuts. However, I'm not going to beat myself up over it or try to compensate by starving tomorrow. I'm going to just get back on track and do my thing. I am better than chocolate, cheese, carbs....uh. So good. Stop! Its time to refocus. A day or two of bad is not nearly as bad as it could get.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote