Old 01-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I don't think I really have a type as such. And I was about to say I look at face first and body doesn't really matter - and it's true to some extent, but I don't think I'm really attracted to anyone that's obese, or heavily overweight. My first serious boyfriend was about 5'7" and a little chubby... my current boyfriend of nearly 3 years is about... 5'5" and very lean and muscular. I've always been overweight haha.
I think I'm probably just attracted to guys with average bodies! For me, face does matter, but I guess body is secondary? Or maybe it's just ... something about the guys? I dunno... now that I'm not with my ex, I see him sometimes and wonder what it was about him that I thought was so attractive... because I don't see him as that attractive now, just kind of average.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #32  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

After watching "Revenge of the Bridesmaids" (awful movie in the way stale frosted cake is awful -- you hate yourself before, during, & after but you STILL keep eating/watching -- it's worse than chick lit) tonight, I want to amend my answer for specificity.

It turns out I have a very specific type. My type is David Clayton Rogers.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:11 AM   #33  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

KawaiiCandie, tall, lanky and angular has always been my type. I once told a friend that a like a guy who's so gangly that he looks like he doesn't know how to operate his limbs. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm also attracted to short, thinnish guys. The former sucks because I'm always bigger around than that type; the latter sucks because I'm always inches taller than it.

Basically, I go for everything that I'll look like a beast standing next to. :/
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

I've been attracted to guys of all weights, heights, and colors, but most of them have been tall skinny white boys with dark hair. My high school boyfriend was 6' and weighed about 135-140. My current crush is 6' and 155.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

This is such an interesting post! At my highest weight (250) my husband at the time weighed about 180, and I hated weighing more than him. As I lost weight, (and DIVORCED) I realized my type of guy was one who weighed MORE than me.

Now, at my current weight (between 116-119) I have found that body size doesn't matter. My fiance' is perfect in my eyes. He's about 5'8'' and 165, and can pick me up without a problem! However, I can honestly say, that I have never "been" with an overweight man, so I'm not sure what it would be like.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #36  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

116, amazing guamvixen! I can only dream of being such a nice light weight...*sigh*

haha kahokkori I can think of someone from that other forum who probably fits your description perfectly. I once said he was ugly and beardy.

If we are dropping names, my "type" is Ben Klock. Tall, solid yet nonfat, and GERMAN.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #37  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

When I was heavier I always dated shorter guys (5'8-5'11), but with tons of lean muscle. They were usually lean, limber, rock-climbing mountain men (with a Navy Seal thrown in there for good measure). While I prefer clean-cut, metrosexuals don't really do anything for me. Your eyebrows can't be more recently waxed than mine!!

That said, I think it really does boil down to personality, eyes, etc... My DH is 6'0 and 210 of muscle. Didn't see that coming!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Krampus - I've never heard of Ben but he's cute! I'll celeb name-drop but it really varies depending on TOM - isn't that funny? I watched Die Hard last night, and found myself going "mmm, Bruce Willis" when usually he's not my favorite by a long shot.
Then again, I find David Boreanaz attractive as Seely Booth on Bones, probably because he's goofy and looks good in a fitted shirt. That, my friends is a killer combo to me. So maybe I like muscly guys more than I think. I just never end up dating them. Then again I've never had the opportunity.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthebox View Post
"mmm, Bruce Willis"
I have had a thing for Bruce Willis for as long as I can remember. Some of my earliest memories are of sitting in my tiny rocking chair watching Moonlighting when I was about 3-4 years old. I love him!
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #40  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

I used to like chubby guys, not so much anymore. But it's usually the personality that get's me going. If you have a wicked one I'll more then likely find myself attacted to you as long as you at least have a cute face to go with it. But I enjoy nicely built slim guys with tattoo (sleeves is even better) but I always find myself never going for them for some reason.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #41  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnycow View Post
I have had a thing for Bruce Willis for as long as I can remember. Some of my earliest memories are of sitting in my tiny rocking chair watching Moonlighting when I was about 3-4 years old. I love him!
Oh yes I agree, out of all the older men actors...he is def a looker YUM!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #42  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

(First of all, while I think it's COMPLETELY LEGIT and normal to have a preferred body type, we also have to accept that it's completely legit and normal for men to have a preferred body type also. If they don't like overweight girls or skinny girls or big boobs, small boobs, etc...that's their right. It doesn't make them chauvinist pigs. Just thought I'd throw it out there since I hear so many women call men a-holes because that particular man doesn't find that particular woman's body attractive. But that same woman will turn around and say "I only like men who are such and such tall and have so and so build. Just thought I'd throw it out there...)

That said. I do not find skinny men at all attractive. I'd rather have anything, other than significantly overweight, than skinny. Whether that's muscular, teddy bear, or even a bit pudgy. And while I currently am quite thin myself, after years of being overweight, I'll never be able to shake that I-don't-want-to-squish-him feeling. I never EVER want to be thicker than my guy, and I still feel like I'm a thick girl even though I'm not.

Height isn't too important to me, for some reason. As long as he is as tall as me at least. I think there are benefits of tall guys, but I also like not having to reach to kiss or look up all the time.

My husband is a few inches taller than me, and thick. He has very broad shoulders (I looove his back), muscular arms, and his body has substance to it. I find his features to be overall attractive. I have zero complaints
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #43  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

Mostly height 6"2 or above. I wouldn't mind any body shape, I love me some Kevin James (although I don't think he's that tall) and hygiene lol
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I've always been attracted to tall men (6'1" minimum). Especially since I wear 4" heels that bring me up to 6'3". It drove me crazy growing up not having enough around and the ones that were tall liked short little women.

Even though I can certainly think a man is hot when he is skinny/lean, I am not necessarily attracted to it. Just nice to look at, you know? I'm a big fan of muscle and a big strong back. Pudge is fine but not being very overweight or obese... and i think that's mostly because of what it represents. I can't be with someone who doesn't try to eat healthy and stay active -- in addition to the obvious health problems, I would be concerned that it would be too hard to stop myself from falling into the same fate.

I've also found as I get older (28) that I love how as a guy gets older, his chest becomes broader and more substantial. I guess it helps make me feel little in comparison and gives me something to bear hug. lol

My DH falls pretty well into my ideal so that's cool.

Last edited by prepping; 01-26-2011 at 01:10 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 260/180/145

Height: 5'6"

Ive always loved tall thin guys. not guys that look anorexic but lean and slightly muscular. It kinda irritates me though that Im a bigger girl and thats what im attracted too.
oh and big noses are adorable...
but I think personality is more important than looks of course. whether hes tall short fat or thin as long as personalities match Id love him.
hilariousness is offline   Reply With Quote