Old 01-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #16  
The weightloss monster

S/C/G: My starting with is at 255

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick88 View Post
If it makes anyone feel better, my TOM always lasts at least 45 days, and has been as long as 90 days. I've been to tons of doctors and they all do blood work, tell me I'm not anemic, scratch their heads, and send me on my way. AND it wouldn't be that bad if I only got it every once in a while, but I never have more than 30-40 days off before another one strikes. Because of this, I get used to the water retention and appetite changes.

I'd suggest drinking lots of water (always makes me less hungry) or maybe one of those 100 cal pack sweet n salty (you don't have to feel guilty if it's just 100 calories!)
Were you on depo prevera -birth control shot- thats what happened to me and I had it four months. If thats the case take loestrogen 24. You want to try doing that. Though they might suggest you try depo if your not on it. It stops TOM for 3 months.
Amplify69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplify69er View Post
Were you on depo prevera -birth control shot- thats what happened to me and I had it four months. If thats the case take loestrogen 24. You want to try doing that. Though they might suggest you try depo if your not on it. It stops TOM for 3 months.
No, no BC. My gyn put me on the pill in high school thinking it would regulate me, and it definitely made them a little shorter, but the increased hormones gave me fibroadenomas in my ta-tas. So she took me off of it, and I've been too afraid to try any pill/ring/shot since.
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #18  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

My theory is that it must take the body more calories to do everything it does during the worst of the menstrual cycle so I up my calories to compensate and help with the "oh my god I'm starving to death" feeling, and I find, for me personally - I lose better when I increase my eating (like my body is begging me to do) on my period, than when I stay on plan.

It's such a hard balance to determine how much of the "I'm hungry" feeling is being physically hungry, or how much is just "I'm so incredibly uncomfortable, I want to comfort eat" hungry.

Either way, booo!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #19  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=astrophe;3655606]I just try to stay on track with the food log, go a bit heavier on the protein, allow myself the one Green & Black candy bar and try to make it last through TOM, get more rest, take my multivitamin, break out the heat pad if I need it. [QUOTE]

Pretty much this. Taking a fish oil supplement also seems to help me lessen the symptoms and cramping.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #20  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

This TOM has been cruel to me. Every month is different but this is the worst in recent memory. I don't bloat or gain or get cramps, but for a couple days my mood and appetite are that of some kind of Satanic beast. Last night I thought about lasagna and started CRYING and couldn't stop for almost twenty minutes. I have binged on chocolate two days in a row and no matter what I eat or drink I just keep right on feeling hungry.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #21  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
a couple days my mood and appetite are that of some kind of Satanic beast
Wow, that really made me laugh, great descriptor of TOM. I totally am the same way. This TOM has been evil. Cramps have been gut twistingly awful, and very bad cravings for pastries of any sort. Usually it's not this bad, but I think a combo of just getting over being sick and TOM has definitely made me more crabby and willing to give in to sweets to make myself feel better.
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote