Old 01-03-2011, 01:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Talking *~*Weekly Chat 3 January - 9 January*~*

Hey Guys!

I haven't looked at last week's chat thread but I'll go through and have a read of how everyone has been!

I literally just got back from my week away at the beach and I definitely wasn't as on track as I could have been...I counted calories most days to keep accountable even though I knew I'd be going over my limit most of the days. I did. I got some exercise in, but I also did a whole lot of nothing - the beach is way too relaxing, and it was quite hot while we were there!

It's odd coming back to the city and technology - it feels so strange having been away from it all and almost like it was way longer than a week.

Anyway I'm totally ready to get back on track now - I hope you ladies all had fabulous holidays and such!!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Miz, haha, yeah, somehow things to buy always seem to just pop up. i just got tons of new clothes back home, and then i got to Tokyo and what did i do? shop more. lol. i bought the shred it with weights DVD (i think) and i'll let you know about the PCD one haven't tried it yet and honestly, the thought of starting to exercise again after 2 weeks off feels really depressing... geh.

FPSJ, thanks! i'll check out that book too!

Becki, welcome and feel free to join in!

JL, i know! i just got home and i was like "what?! how is this thread still only 4 pages long?!" haha.. congrats on the loss! girl, look at you go when all of us are stalling from the holidays!!!

well hello all. it is monday here but i am too lazy to make a new thread (wrote this earlier and it has been remedied by rainbow!) i am back in Japan and i just got back to my little town from a weekend in tokyo. i had a fantastic time home, but the beginning of this year was definitely less than stellar. i had a huge breakdown on the night of jan.1 while in tokyo, with friends bailing on me, others cancelling plans, then changing their minds again the following day, and a completely busted date with this boy i met at a club just before leaving for home... *sigh* but i'm gonna try and put all that behind me with a fresh start tomorrow.

home was awesome, i got SO many compliments! lol. and two people at my old work place didn't recognized me cuz "i'd shrunk so much" lol. that was nice. i also pretty much maintained my weight. i'm gonna wait until tomorrow morning to see what the real damage is, but earlier today it said 172lbs and that was in the middle of the day, fully clothed so... hopefully i'll get at least 170 in the morning!

i also decided that my resolution this year should be to make more friends. i realized after this weekend that i don't have very many friends here, and most of all, even fewer GOOD friends. i am always so "boy-focused" that i think i tend to forget about just normal friends and how important they are... i also can be anti-social at times, haha... so this is gonna be my challenge this year! how about you? what are your resolutions?
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Morning ladies. I'm carrying around some extra pounds as a result of vacation. I'm really not surprised as I allowed myself to indulge. I am def. paying for it now. I feel gross. I don't know how much is water weight, how much is real weight gained and how much is a result from TOM arriving next week... BLAH!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #4  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Morning EVERYONE!!!!

I had a week and a half off of work and managed to take a week and a half off of here! I can't say that I behaved myself by any means over the break, but I enjoyed my time and I'm prepared for this week.

I went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon. Prepared my dinner/lunch for the week. My good ol' safety net of sausage and lentil soup (easy to make, makes a TON and has tons of veggies in it). Had that for dinner, packed my lunch, got my gym bag ready and actually ironed my clothes for work today. That never happens.

In my sleepy stupor this morning I completely forgot to weigh, but I figure if that's the worst thing that happens to me today I'm doing pretty dang good.

Originally today was supposed to be a teacher work day but due to snow the kids came back today... and it hasn't been as bad as I was expecting it to be (thanks universe!), but every time I had a negative thought about it yesterday I made myself change it to a positive thought.

The exciting part of my vacation was clothes shopping (okay, I don't really LOVE clothes shopping)... I have been in DIRE need of some new dress slacks for work. I've been putting it off forever because buying pants is a very frustrating experience for me. I went by TJ Maxx and found a pair of size 16 jeans (down from 18s) which I was excited about but thought it was a fluke... maybe just a "roomier" brand? Then I bit the bullet and ran over to Lane Bryant and what do ya know - size 16s in BOTH pairs of dress slacks. EFFIN' SWEET!!!!!! I've been in 18s so long I didn't know what to do with myself.

Todays meals consist of: coffee, banana for breakfast, lentil soup for lunch, half of a cucumber for a snack, some almonds before the gym and either a salad or more lentil soup for dinner. Oh yeah and lots and lots of water. One of my coworkers gave me a turvis tumbler for christmas so that's my fun new water cup for work.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, EVERYONE!!! Time to kick 2011's booty!

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that I have made 2 decisions for the next month and a half. #1 I will not be drinking any alcohol until Feb 18th. I may be going down to ATL that weekend so I thought it was a good date to throw out there.

#2 I am attempting to limit myself to going out ONE weekend a month for the time being. I end up spending a lot of money going out (mostly due to drinking) or frivilous traveling. I was actually asked to go down to Charlotte this weekend and I was going to say yes, but I am going to see the same "local" band here on the 14th so there really is no reason to go other than wanting to have fun with my friends. Not that there's anything wrong with this but I've been go-go-go-go-go for MONTHS on end now so I'm hoping that instead of going out partying all the time I can focus my weekends back on working out and eating well.

Last edited by Feral; 01-03-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #5  

Good Morning... Ill repost what I said A few days ago because it was posted towards the end, but I am back!! Sorry I have been MIA my business got really busy between Thanksgiving and the New Year. I am back and ready to get down to business though.

Well today wasn't a great start... I slept through my alarm and missed the gym so that means Ill have to go tonight. No excuses... when I plan to workout at night I usually end up finding an excuse not to go, but I will try not to do that this time. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Glad I am back... missed you girls and all the inspiration/ encouragement.

-Abby
Abbyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #6  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

*sigh* Well, I'm a couple pounds up to 168.0

I'm pretty hopeful that most of it is water weight though, because I really didn't eat that much but it was insane with sodium, am I the only one that just can't handle it anymore? Plus I was 170 yesterday morning and magically lost two pounds over night. So I'm going to wait it out and see what my weight is at the end of this week before calling it official. My throat hurts soo much. It's swollen and every time I yawn I feel like it's on fire. So that may have something to do with it as well.

My laptop hard drive is now deceased. Luckily we caught it right as it was failing and most of my data has been recovered (hopefully most of it is not corrupted) and my husband is ordering me a new one with 200 more GB, so I guess it's turning out good in the end even though it's money I wouldn't have otherwise spent.

I'm also really excited because I got myself a late Christmas present, a HRM and a new pair of athletic shoes! I can't wait till my workout this afternoon.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Good Morning ladies! Happy New Year!

I think I'm finally in the clear with this sinus infection. I was able to do the hour spin class yesterday with minimal hacking and gagging, and today I ran for 30 minutes with the same result. I couldn't fall asleep last night so I overslept and I'm running about 30 minutes behind today, but its fine. I start my mini-winter semester tonight and I'm pretty excited. I'm also excited that due to the scheduling of the class, I'll be able to swim after class

OT a bit - Water retention from illness always amazes me. I only ran for 30 minutes this morning - roughly 2 miles - but I was COVERED in sweat. It was kind of gross, kind of awesome. I'm thinking it was the remnants of my illness, plus the Chinese food I had on Saturday night. Sesame chicken, ftw.

Back to it this week. As of January 16th its 10 weeks before my cherry blossom race, and I have a 10 week training program, so my goal is to be a few weeks ahead of that. That of course means I have to get my butt outside to run in the cold...scary...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #8  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

HAPPY NEW YEAR...

So far the new year has come up with me being up in the scale at 163...Oh well, I know once I get back into a regular routine I should be fine. Now I have to say my laptop isn't doing the best ( I can't burn CD's anymore I'm hoping the movies will work in it still or else i'm slightly screwed for working out)...If I didn't have to take my car in for a regular maintance check...I would totally be buying a brand new laptop this week. So I might have to wait until next pay on the 15th...which sucks because all the deals are this week...but that's ok. I might still be able to pull it off if I only need to get the check done...and not buy new tires with it.. Here's hoping but with my luck...so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Also today is a I hate people day...Why do people insist on having me change my ways because thats what THEY do, then continue to annoy me with it instead of getting the hint of shut the F up because I really don't care?

I'm starting P90X tonight, as long as my computer will work (so far it's just the CD part thats the problem and the rest seems to be fine because it's was dled onto my computer. Anyways Hope everyone has a fantastic day...Im'ma try not to rip off someone's head...
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Rainbow: Sounds like you had a nice & relaxing time!
Kawaii: I'm so sorry about your breakdown..all that at once is probably really rough! Awesome about all the nice comments and GL on making more friends..I should make that my resolution because good friends fall short in my book!
Linds: Sorry about your extra pounds..hopefully most is water weight and from TOM. I'm sure it will all fall right back off.
Feral: I'm glad your day back to work wasn't as bad as you expected it to be. Awesome NSV for fitting into size 16s! GL sticking to yyour decision of not drinking until Feb 18th.
Abby: Awww. We missed you too!
TheBrunneh: Sucks about your harddrive but thankfully you got your data recovered.
Stella: I bet you are super happy your sinus infection is clearing up.. I hate those things!
MiZ: YAY for starting P90X ..you are brave woman..I was going to start it but chickened out..going to wait until I'm in a little bit better shape.

WOOO--I'm so HAPPY everyone is back..the lack of encouragement was making me slack a bit! LOL. But so far so good. I have to go to the grocery tonight and while I'm there I guess I shall pick up some new batteries because the LOW light is on my scale--and I can't let that go dead. Besides that I have picked up my books for the Spring Semester of school today and I have lots and lots of housework to catch up on (behind due to hubby being off work a lot more this weekend!)

The scale this morning showed me at 160.2 again for the 2nd day in a row. Which is okay..I just can taste the 150s they are so close. I can't wait to see them. On a negative note..my stomach is just not looking right. I know I have complained about this before and I dont expect to have a perfectly toned tummy after having 2 kids but I just want it to look normal. I want to be able to wear a 2 piece during the summer...AHHHH I guess I will have to deff. start doing more stomach workouts!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! TTYL
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #10  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Alright, I came out of the holidays about 3 lbs lighter, which is shocking to me. But what I struggled with most was not sliping into my old habit of not thinking about or noticing how much/what I'm eating. That scared me, how easily I can go back to that...

But the holidays were good overall!

General observation about myself: my weight loss is slowing down, definitely. I think that's normal, though. I'm not eating off plan more often, and my exercise is as sporatic as ever. I'm losing about 5 lbs a month where it used to be 10, easy.

And I think I'm okay with that, so long as the loss keeps on going. I thought I would freak out, but it's okay so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Edit: Holy crap. I just realized that if all goes well, in a month I'll be in the 130s... I barely remember the last time I was in the 130s. I think I was 13 and wrote about how fat 131 lbs was in my journal... whoa.

rainbowstripe: Your vacation sounds awesome and so relaxing. I'm glad you had a good time! And I'm just an eensy bit jealous, lol!

KawaiiCandie: Congrats on the compliments! They're nice to get sometimes - it helps when the newer changes are harder to see in ourselves. If that makes sense...

stellarosa27: Glad to hear the sinus infection is clearing up.
You have mini winter semesters at your school? I've never heard of that... Cool!

JLNichols07: The dreaded Low sign! I never realized how dependent I am on my scale for daily weighing until that happened... I don't obsessively weigh, but for me it's better if I keep a close eye on my weight and fluctuations.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 01-03-2011 at 02:28 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/138.4/130

Height: 5'9

Hello there!
I'm brand new, and I hope its ok if I hop in here and get a chance to get to know you all. This site has so much to offer, I haven't even gotten a chance to look through half the sub-forums!
Anyhow, this is my second attempt to lose the weight i put on last year. I did really well for a bit, but i was being insanely restrictive, and i caved and put back on over half what i lost just as quickly, so I'm feeling rather defeated, yet determind to get it right this time.

I wanted to do lower carbs, but I've been tracking everything i eat, and I've cut out bread and just about all "white" carbs (other then my lightly salted rice cakes!) but am taking in @70 grams usually and @40%. I don't know if i am able to cut that down, so I'll re-evaluate. Sorry if this is just me going on about something that better fits in another place! It's just what's on my mind a lot atm.

As for me, I'm on winter break atm. Pretty bored, b/c at my job things are really slow in the winter, I need to look for another job but have a hard time getting myself to do that b/c, well lately I've been having trouble getting myself out and about...I am really ashamed of how I look.

rainbowstripe- Oh sounds lovely!! I miss the beach, and I haven't been on vacation in ages. Though I have no idea where you are, but any and all beaches = win to me!

KawaiiCandie- Always awesome when your hard work is noticed, and jealous of your home being Japan. It's on top ten list of places I must see. And I also need to work to make friends, I always was super social, and busy...but after moving back in with my parents/and also becoming ow, I'm a shell of who i used to be. I hope to work to change that.

Feral- That's awesome you teach! I also am working to not drink, 2 main reasons. 1. I have an issue w/alcohol so there's that...but also 2. Alcohol seems to full my binges, so I HAVE to give it up. I'm aiming for 90 days, and then I think I'll reintroduce wine, as a treat, and good wine to make the meals better, not the "must get wasted" of my past.
dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/138.4/130

Height: 5'9

Hello there!
I'm brand new, and I hope its ok if I hop in here and get a chance to get to know you all. This site has so much to offer, I haven't even gotten a chance to look through half the sub-forums!
Anyhow, this is my second attempt to lose the weight i put on last year. I did really well for a bit, but i was being insanely restrictive, and i caved and put back on over half what i lost just as quickly, so I'm feeling rather defeated, yet determind to get it right this time.

I wanted to do lower carbs, but I've been tracking everything i eat, and I've cut out bread and just about all "white" carbs (other then my lightly salted rice cakes!) but am taking in @70 grams usually and @40%. I don't know if i am able to cut that down, so I'll re-evaluate. Sorry if this is just me going on about something that better fits in another place! It's just what's on my mind a lot atm.

As for me, I'm on winter break atm. Pretty bored, b/c at my job things are really slow in the winter, I need to look for another job but have a hard time getting myself to do that b/c, well lately I've been having trouble getting myself out and about...I am really ashamed of how I look.

rainbowstripe- Oh sounds lovely!! I miss the beach, and I haven't been on vacation in ages. Though I have no idea where you are, but any and all beaches = win to me!

KawaiiCandie- Always awesome when your hard work is noticed, and jealous of your home being Japan. It's on top ten list of places I must see. And I also need to work to make friends, I always was super social, and busy...but after moving back in with my parents/and also becoming ow, I'm a shell of who i used to be. I hope to work to change that.

Feral- That's awesome you teach! I also am working to not drink, 2 main reasons. 1. I have an issue w/alcohol so there's that...but also 2. Alcohol seems to full my binges, so I HAVE to give it up. I'm aiming for 90 days, and then I think I'll reintroduce wine, as a treat, and good wine to make the meals better, not the "must get wasted" of my past.

TheBunneh- With it only being a few I bet plenty is water!! I am trying so hard to limit my sodium, now that i track it...its harder then I thought! If I'm under 1700mg lately it takes work. I read somewhere one only needs 500 mg, but even though I've cut out so many processed foods, that seems impossible some days! My computer crashed a couple weeks ago, I lost about everything....glad you were able to recover a good deal. Always sucks.

stellarosa27- Glad you are feeling better, and I am hoping to find a race (might start with a 5k, maybe 8k) around april, as that's my birthday month. I used to run a lot, but am totally out of shape now. I just started working out last wed!

MiZTaCCen- Oh P90x! When I get in better shape, I hope to try that. A friend of mine was able to dl it, so I can get a copy and was stoked. Keep us updated.

JLNichols07- I can't wait to be in the 160's period, and you'll be in the 150's so soon! I really hope to be able to get back into my old clothes this summer (idk if it will happen its a lot of 2/4's) but at least i am aiming for a 2 piece!! I worry about the whole loose skin but only time will tell what will happen to me.

LiannaKole- Congrats!!

Hi Abbyew, LindsB.

I know this is super long, but with it being my first post I wanted to kinda cover a hello of sorts. I wont always ramble on.
dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii I'm so sorry to hear about your breakdown but it's great to hear that you are just going to leave it behind and start fresh! I am totally with you on needing to focus on friends this year. I need to stop thinking that my boyfriend is enough for everything - I need other company! I have my family, but I can't just keep with that. I hope we both have luck in finding friendships this year.

Feral Yay for the shopping wins! Awesome! And I wish you luck with your no drinking quest - I'm sure you can do it

TheBunneh I hope you feel better soon, sorry about your harddrive as well - but lucky you saved most of it!!

stella I read sesame chicken and got hungry. I don't even know what it is but it sounds good.

JL Glad to hear you're still doing well! I hope you get your stomach where you want it, but if you don't, don't feel too too bad. You still have a fair way to go so the changes could be great!!

Lianna 3lbs gone after the holidays? GO YOU! That is so awesome!

dissonance Hey there! Welcome. I am in New Zealand so we have a lot of beaches, I guess we're pretty lucky down here. Don't let yourself put yourself down. If you're being too hard on yourself, ease up somewhere. I know it's easier said than done, but we're here to support you and I think a really important thing to remember is that you're trying to lose this weight permanently - so if it takes a little longer to come off than you'd like, it's ok!

~Alright, so I weighed in this morning, 67.8kg / 149.5 pounds. I am totally happy with that, I basically maintained the whole week. No gain is something to be happy about. Now I can get back into eating a lot better and logging things. I just have to get back into the exercise as well - I can see that already getting myself back into some sort of routine with that is going to be hard as I kind of let that slip a bit a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Today I'm going to visit my parents and my sister and her husband, my sister and her husband are off to America tomorrow (I am jealousssss) and so I need to tell her what to buy me haha. No I just feel like since I haven't seen her in over a week I should see her before she leaves. I also think I'll get a manicure and possible pedicure - I've been so good at not biting my nails in the last 2 weeks, I deserve to keep them looking good and I suck at doing it myself! A massage may also be in order - my shoulders/upper back muscles are so sore from the impromptu rock climbing a couple of days ago.

Super glad to be back here with you all!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 140/122/105

Height: 5'1''

Kawaii: I think my New Year's resolution is to NOT have a boyfriend. I end up focusing so much on him that I forget myself and my friends sometimes. Congrats on the compliments.

Abby: Waking up for morning workouts have become harder and harder these past two weeks. I need to buckle down.

Bunneh: A HRM and workout shoes are exactly what I need right now. Lucky!

dissonance: Welcome!

I've been MIA this past week. I had recently activated my facebook again after a year leave and I forgot how easily distracting it was. My workouts have been going well but the foooood. AHHHH! I need to make a food schedule and stick to it. Having too much available is making me crazy.
KatVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

I'm currently willing myself off the couch and to the gym...I'm really not feelin it, but I'm not giving myself a choice! Hubby is PASSED out dead tired on the couch right now. We usually always motivate each other to go to the gym but I don't think he is going to make it tonight!

Where is Krampus? IS she still in Germany?
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote