Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

ade- yeah I am going to try and get him to schedule the time off. I told him this morning I decided what we are doing for my bday. He didn't have any objections since he knows I am going big for his bday too. He is such a party pooper and couldn't come up with anything fun for his 30th so I am going to surprise him with a plane ride. I haven't decided if I am going to do the fighter jet or the bi-plane thing. Probably the fighter jet. I will be staying on the ground. Anyway I will definitely be getting a new little black dress, and probably a couple others.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Oh that's a really great gift idea. I don't know what the bi-plane thing is, but any guy would love the fighter jet ride. When is his birthday? February is my bf's birthday, our one year, AND Valentine's day. And I suck at gifts. He got the Styx tickets for his bday, but I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for the others. Ideas? Last year on Valentine's day, he was so cute. Mind you, we had our first date on Feb 2, and then it became "official" on Feb 7, so it was a new relationship. He surprised me with a day on Catalina Island (basically an island off the coast of Cali). It was so fun. I joked with him and said "You know, if we last until next year, the standards are set REALLY high" so last week I kind of reminded him that he has to top last year. lol. we'll see.

I have a pretty cute little black dress. It was actually in the prom section of Macy's one year. I would never let my kid wear that type of dress to prom...lol. I also have a purple one. Hopefully by August I'll need new ones. The black one is pretty stretchy, so that'll probably still fit, but I don't think the purple one will if I lost my goal weight.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #93  

Here is my purple dress, in Vegas in October.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #94  

Ade- Cute dress! I have a really cute purple one too but it's low cut. I will have to find something to use it for soon! I hope to need new ones by Aug. too!.
Ok so biplanes, you know, the crop duster ones. They do all the flippy stuff in the air and all that. Technical terms here. I am pretty sure they will do the barrel rolls and all that in both planes. That is what will keep me on the ground. I think I could handle the biplane tricks but I don't know about the fighter jet!
Love your bf by the way. How cute. I think that the best gifts are memorable things, memorable moments. I took him to a baseball game one year for his bday. I knew the announcer so he let us come up to the box and hang out for a bit. Pretty cool.
I took him to see George Carlin one year. It's his kind of humor and he looks (or looked) just like his granddad. lol What other kind of stuff does he like? Think of day trips or a class/lesson you could take. Oh I also took him to one of those places where you can paint your own ceramic thing and they fire it for you. We still have the silly little things we made. Man that was the year we met.

Last edited by KayNicole; 01-08-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #95  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Height: 5'7"

Ashley- Thank you for the advice! I'll try to keep using all the points, it's fun to figure out new things I can combine to get all the points in. I'm not really into the whole meeting thing, only because I'm never in the same place every week. I'm always running around, so I wouldn't be able to get there consecutively.

Kay- The picture is of me, haha. Who is Lauren Ambrose? I recently colored my hair, so this is what I actually look like now. Except I took my septum ring out, too. So minus the piercing.

I already can see a difference in the shape of my face and it hasn't even been a week! I can thank the water for that!

I got a vanilla chai latte today without thinking, and it had 53 carbs in it!! Can you imagine?? Insane. It was 8 points! But I only drank half, thank goodness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 213530.jpg (52.2 KB, 9 views)
KoriHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #96  

Kay - Ah. Biplane. Got it. I wouldn't like the flippy things, either. That's neat about the baseball game and George Carlin. I agree moments and memories are the best. Especially since anything he wants he gets, and if he doesn't get it, it is too expensive for me lol. Unfortunately, he HATES sports. He's really into computers and video games. And he isn't the type who would need or want to take a class on computers. He's more of the teach yourself type. We'll see. I have about a month to figure it out. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled and see if I can get any hints out of what he says. At least I got his birthday covered.

Kori - if you are ever interested in the extra support of the meetings, the monthly pass allows you to go to any meeting. I am sometimes near where i work and other times I'm 60 miles away at my mom's. But I've been to three different meeting locations. Just an FYI (not pushing you to go to meetings lol. maybe people don't know that with the monthly pass you can go anywhere and multiple meetings a week if you want). Crazy how many points those drinks are. I was craving Starbucks Hot Chocolate earlier in the week, but nonfat w/o whip small was like five points. I said never mind lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #97  

So I made a really good veggie stir fry last night. Broccoli, snap peas, some slaw thing (not quite sure what it is) stir fried in a tablespoon of peanut oil, 2 tbsp of teryaki sauce, 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, and a huge dash of thyme (that was pretty much what I had here). Yum. I figured it at 3 points for half...
Old 01-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #98  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

hey everyone,

would love to join the thread here
i think i posted a couple of times last month, but life kinda got in the way.
i do ww online, and really liking it so far. i did enjoy going to meetings, but when i was working, there were no meetings that were near my home/office after work that were accessible (i don't have a car).

ade, i'm not sure if you live near a trader joe's, but they have a prepackaged stir fry veg mix that i use all the time- they usually have it where the bagged salads are. its super cheap, and i get at least 3-4 dinners out of it. i add some kind of protein and a mix similar to what you use. i really love it

soooo looking forward to the journey with you all, and i hope i can be of help along the way!

fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #99  

Kori- You look great with both hair colors! Lauren Ambrose is kind of a low key actress. I will admit I had to go look up her name. lol Anyway I attached a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LA.jpg (7.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #100  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Height: 5'7"

Oh jeez, Kay. I guess I do look kind of like her, which is surprising because I was a hundred percent sure I didn't look like ANY celebrities. Whenever those doppelganger things on facebook happen I always don't have anyone. Nice!

And Ashley, I had no idea you could go different places!! I will definitely look into it, but I'm pretty sure I can do it without the meetings. It's so easy!
KoriHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #101  

Haha glad I could help!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

So I went to the first WW at Work meeting that we had last Thursday and left kind of disappointed. It was just a very general "I'm your leader...any questions?" meeting where they weighed us in for our starting point. But that was it. I guess I was expecting to leave there with my point allowance and whatnot. We'll be getting all of that information, plus our information to get onto E-Tools at the meeting this coming Thursday, but still.

I actually was able to download a points+ counter app on my itouch, so I've been trying to track my food as much as possible and just trying to get comfortable with the idea of using points instead of looking at just calories. I started going back to the gym faithfully and I am hoping that the UGLY number that was on the scale at the meeting last week will not be there next week LOL

I am very jealous of everyone's trips that they have planned!!! I have not been to Disney World or Vegas since high school. I want to go back to Vegas especially very much. I think it would be fun to be there to see everything that's new and you know actually be able to enjoy Vegas for what it's known for! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #103  

Chele615- Sorry to hear your meeting was kind of a bust. Hopefully the next one will be much better.

Not that I expect anyone to jump on this but anyone is more than welcome to join me and Ade in Vegas this Aug. I just doubt it is very easy for many of you to get there. Really though, the more the merrier.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #104  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

ugh ate a burrito for dinner. not terrible, i've been eating on track all week...
and i did have room for it points wise. but i really feel it..lol
question for you all- do you use activity/points allowance a lot? just curious.
i would love to take a real vacation...since moving to west coast, any vacation time i had from work was spent visiting family (which was always fun). once i get a new job, i will reward myself with a real vacation. sun, beach, tan...or vegas. i've never been

Last edited by fillupthesky; 01-09-2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: spelling
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:37 AM   #105  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Hi everyone.

Weight Watchers is my favourite eating plan and the only one I've every been successful on and felt comfortable at doing and not felt deprived of anything.

I don't attend meetings and I don't follow any of the modern/new plans. I don't really know much about them although I've read a little bit about the new PlusPoints system (especially when I discovered some of my favourite WW foods in the shops have had their values increased, though I've just recalculated it according to my system).

The system I use is over ten years old now and from when I attended WW when I was fifteen. Over the years I've always relied on that plan. I have my books, my calculation table etc and I love it. It's like an old friend if I want to get really corny.

So, I'm following the old plan and I'm permitted 20 points a week.

Today for breakfast I've eaten a WW bagel and some cream cheese and a yoghurt. And I'm gonna go for a run in a minute.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote