I Used To Be Fat?

You're on Page 1 of 14
Go to
  • Hey guys,
    So, because I am home and not in school mode, I have had time to flip around on the tv and came across a commercial on MTV advertising their new show (yes, I realize that at 22 MTV is extremely lame to be watching...shutup. lol). It somewhat interested me and piqued my interest. At first I thought, well, that's good. I guess with all the New Year's resolution stuff this should be a hit. Then I was concerned because when hearing all the reasons the kids wanted to lose weight ie: "No one popular wants to hang out with a fat girl" (taken out of context, as I haven't seen the show), it kind of bothered me. Anyways, I plan on tuning in tomorrow night to watch the first episode myself. I thought that since I haven't seen the subject brought up here, I would ask what your opinion is of this show and shows like this in general and if you were going to watch it? Happy Tuesday!
  • I saw a commercial for it last night and I thought it looked really interesting. I'll def be tuning in!
  • Watch it. Trust me. It is going to be GREAT. That said, it also done by a few producers who worked on Biggest Loser.

Anyone watch True Life I'm addicted to food last night? It was SO heartbreaking!
  • I'll definitely be watching this show! I'm hoping that it will give me some inspiration on days when I feel like losing the weight is impossible.
  • Quote: Watch it. Trust me. It is going to be GREAT. That said, it also done by a few producers who worked on Biggest Loser.
    This makes me NOT want to watch it.

I'm one of the few that thinks TBL is a pretty terrible show. Put anyone on a ranch with a personal trainer screaming at you for 8 hours a day to exercise along with a personal chef and they'll lose weight.
  • You might have already said but I didn't see it. What day/time does it air?
  • Quote: This makes me NOT want to watch it.

I'm one of the few that things TBL is a pretty terrible show. Put anyone on a ranch with a personal trainer screaming at you for 8 hours a day to exercise along with a personal chef and they'll lose weight.
    Not to mention the HORROR story that was shared by a previous contestant.
  • tschaff04 - what horror story? I havent heard
  • And I've also noticed that TBL is getting people that have been in shape before...that way they lose TONS of weight at a time! I was so rooting for Ava on the last show because she had always been overweight even as a child. Me and my DH have decided to take a break from watching for a while. I hate it, but for them to search out people just for how much they are gonna lose...it's kinda lame.
  • Quote: (yes, I realize that at 22 MTV is extremely lame to be watching...shutup. lol).
    Heck, I'm a fresh 29 and my hubby is almost 32 and we watch it, lol. I heart Teen Mom. Yey.

Also:

We also plan to watch it. Anything that sheds light on what people who loose weight have to go through should be good. Should.
  • Quote: tschaff04 - what horror story? I havent heard
    http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010...t-part-1-of-3/
  • Quote: Watch it. Trust me. It is going to be GREAT. That said, it also done by a few producers who worked on Biggest Loser.

Anyone watch True Life I'm addicted to food last night? It was SO heartbreaking!
    Yes! I was watching that when I saw the commercial for I Used to Be Fat. I definitely felt for that girl Alisha.
  • This is just another addition to the MTV reality shows. The most despicable being 16 and Pregnant which unfortunately is making teenagers want to be pregnant to get on MTV. Most fat teenagers probably experienced a lot of ridicule throughout high school, so can you blame them for thinking these reasons are the best ones for weight loss.
    If it inspires one person, then I suppose then it's worth it.
  • Quote: This is just another addition to the MTV reality shows. The most despicable being 16 and Pregnant which unfortunately is making teenagers want to be pregnant to get on MTV. Most fat teenagers probably experienced a lot of ridicule throughout high school, so can you blame them for thinking these reasons are the best ones for weight loss.
    If it inspires one person, then I suppose then it's worth it.
    I don't watch 16 and preg, or teen mom. I hear a lot of talk about them from friends who do. I personally get disgusted by the fact that MTV will record these teens innocent children being put through the crap they go through just for good tv. I guess there was one teen on there in particular (Amber, I think) who would physically fight in front of her child and toss her in bed to cry when she couldn't handle her anymore. Disgusting.
  • I will be all over this show. Ive already got it set to record on my DVR. And I dont watch TBL. Im MTV's b*tch.