Old 12-10-2010, 04:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 279/272/175

Height: 5'9"

Smile hmm, quarter life crisis?!

so aparently I'm posting in several forums, but I've avoided this one, 20 somethings. (intimidated maybe?)

well anywho.
I'm at my quarter life crisis i guess.
im 25, have one child but want at least one more with hubby (then maybe trade him in for a younger model, lol.)

i gotta lose 100+lbs!

i finally want to be the real me. forget the fat i hide behind. i wanna be free and LIVE!

I have health issues which affects my weight loss. (pcos, no gallbladder, and addicted to sugar) which means i need a diet low carbs, high fiber, low fat, high sugar (lol)
not sure if that would Ever work lol.

so I'm here, I'm open to new ideas and maybe I'll become a Loser (just what I've always been, just in a different way )
couponmom85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #2  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Welcome! You really just have to figure out what works for you. Some people count calories, some people do Weight Watchers, some people do South Beach, Atkins, Medeterranean Diet, etc....

I'm a big advocate for South Beach, personally. I have a serious sugar addiction and after the first 2 weeks (Phase 1 - basic detox) I wasn't even craving sugar anymore. It's low carb but you're allowed whole grains, etc... so I can still have spaghetti/pasta here and there and other carbs that you can't have on Atkins.

Again, it's a personal thing that you have to decide.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/272/175

Height: 5'9"

thanks.
I'm currently calorie counting and trying to eat things that my body won't reject.
I'm pretty much on a personalizedl "diet"
trying to eat more fruit as a snack instead of cookies.
eating a whole grain breakfast.
eating 5x a day every 2-4 hours, i feel horrible now if i don't eat something at the 4 hr mark, and i just started on the 1st.

my hubby said if i stick with it, at the 250 mark he will fully join me.
this means he will wanna ride bicycle again i can't wait, i enjoyed it before.

so im here and not going anywhere, except down in weight
couponmom85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I once knew a girl back in highschool she instead of eatting a lot of sweets she ate fruit to substitute the sugar craving because fruit in itself has a lot of sugar...or is at least sweet lol.

I'm not following a strike plan, heck i've been eatting carbs (only) for the last month in a half and some how dropped 8 pounds...it's about the amount you eat I'm going to guess? I still haven't figured any of this out but there are plenty of helpful woman (and men) on this site ...

ahh 25 it's a good age until someone tells you, your getting close to 30 haha.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'6"

you know...all I can think about is missing out on my 20's because of the extra weight. I don't like feeling that I'm not as active as I could be or that i can't shop where other people my age are shopping. I don't want to miss out on that, and yes approaching 25 is freaking me out. This is supposed to be the time where people are in their best shape and I'm missing out on it.

Why don't you join your local weight watchers? In the past it's been the only diet plan that's worked for me!
Sashasheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I heart carbs. I've lost 57 lbs while eating carbs

Everyone's different. You just have to find something that works for you and, most importantly, that you can sustain!

Good luck!!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #7  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

I'm also 25. It sounds like you have a good plan. I calorie count(no particular food is off limits to me) and exercise. It works for me! good luck with getting to your goals.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #8  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by energie View Post
I'm also 25. It sounds like you have a good plan. I calorie count(no particular food is off limits to me) and exercise. It works for me! good luck with getting to your goals.
I do that too and it works. I like this because it allows you to eat what you like so there's no "OMG! Binge! Binge now!" feeling. I also like to set out guidelines for how many calories I eat at what time and I'm pretty strict with it and find myself ready to eat that quantity at that particular time. The body is amazing with how it follows routines.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote