Old 12-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #16  
HealthNutMommy

S/C/G: 170/124/125

Height: 5'3

When I first started, I told myself that when I reached 129, I would reward myself with a trip to my favorite fast food joint and pig out like crazy! I have never been in the 120s in my adult life so reaching that goal weight would be monumental.

Well, I have been 129 for a little bit over a week and I have not, and will not, give myself that reward

If I had the money, I would reward myself with a shopping spree.
So in the meantime, my reward is adding another notch to the self esteem department

Last edited by pammi2003; 12-06-2010 at 04:54 PM.
pammi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #17  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

I too have two rewards planned for myself.

I am finally going to buy a Donna VonFusternburg dress. I've never felt like I could bring myself to spend 600+ on a dress when I weighed so much. I can't wait to buy it!

Also, we go on vacation every year and this year I'm choosing a place that I've ALWAYS wanted to do but never could. Something where we hike, do all kinds of excursions. Instead of staying at an All Inclusive where we eat all day and drink all night, we are going to be ACTIVE on vacation and that to me is a blessing!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #18  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Well I'm on two journey's right now...the weight loss journey and to get out of debt journey and if I get a second job the start of jan next year I should be out of debt too by decemeber (In hoping) So I think I'm going to save up for a nice trip of backpacking around europe for the year 2012 in the summer time if I can reach these two goals... Maybe it's far fetched but I'm pretty determined for both sooo here's hoping. (for my HUGE prize)

But for now I think once I hit 155 my mini goal I think I'll buy myself a nice pair of sexy boots.

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 12-06-2010 at 07:48 PM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #19  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i have a hard time thinking of goals too. i love the idea of clothes. a few times i've gotten some at goodwill, that i really like. but a few days later, that newness has worn off.

i'm really excited to get my haircut, styled, by a stylist not just me cutting my own hair. i keep putting off when to get this done. first it was at 200, then it was at increments of 10 below that. now we are about to move, hopefully, throwing everything at the downpayment. so i guess it will be after that. however, now i've lost a major amount of weight, and getting closer and closer to the healthy weights. i'm sure DH will fully support a salon trip, once it does happen. have to have his support, he's driving and paying for it lol.

I LOVE the trip ideas. i really want to go camping/hiking maybe biking or horseback riding. i always wanted to do that stuff with the kids, or just DH and me. Katy trail is actually a trail in MO. We may do that, or just camp at a local park by the Mississippi river. my big dream is to go back to boundary waters. it's a group of lakes by the minnesota and canada border. i went as a teenager. tent camping. real haul your own canoe and gear camping. such great memories. not sure if that will ever happen though.

these types of trips don't really seem like rewards for weightloss, just how i always wanted to live my life. although i guess that's what it's really about. really living my life.

and going to six flags or any pool in a swimsuit, and ROCK it, couldn't hurt lol.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I actually wrote down my goal rewards in my weigh in booklet from WW!
I got the idea because two gals next to my friend and I were chatting about how they reached their 5% goal and they were going to get their nails done.

So, when I reach 25% weight loss, I am going to get the tattoo I have been wanting for a while.

When I reach goal (125) I want to do this obstacle/ropes type course called Monkey Trunks. They have 2 locations in the whole US and one just happens to be in our neighboring state! We drove past it last summer and I was entranced. I wanted to do it so badly, but knew I didn't have the strength and I felt like I was too fat for it.

Thing is--my goal weight written down for WW is going to be 125. But my ultimate personal goal is 120. So once I make it to 120, I am going to go zip lining! I have been wanting to do that for years!

And, of course, a new wardrobe will be in order!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

I don't really see clothes as a reward just because...if your loosing a bunch of weight..your going to HAVE to buy clothes anyway to fit you.

Mini Goal 1 - Christmas

Long Term Goal

angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #22  
Next stop Onederland!

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I gotta say, clothes are the way to go for me. I'd like to put back money for each pounds lost and just go on a shopping spree in the end! and throw out all the fat clothes so there is no going back lol. AND If i had the money I would totally get me some new, non saggin, tight skinned boobehs!
Noelle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #23  

speaking of throwing out clothes...anybody feel bad about it. I just started loosing weight so maybe this is just that mindset is not ready yet, but even now sometimes I think, maybe I should save some of the those clothes in case i gain weight again i won't have to buy clothes again. and i know thats setting myself up for failure, like i'm allowing myself to gain the weight again..but i'm find it hard to just let go.

Mini Goal 1 - Christmas

Long Term Goal

Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #24  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

I have decided that when I reach my Christmas goal, I am going to upgrade the software for my diecutting machine. (I know, it doesn't sound like much, but trust me, it's a good reward!) I am currently 2 lb away from my goal, though with TOM, it may be tricky getting there by Christmas, LOL
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #25  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammi2003 View Post
When I first started, I told myself that when I reached 129, I would reward myself with a trip to my favorite fast food joint and pig out like crazy! I have never been in the 120s in my adult life so reaching that goal weight would be monumental.

Well, I have been 129 for a little bit over a week and I have not, and will not, give myself that reward

If I had the money, I would reward myself with a shopping spree.
So in the meantime, my reward is adding another notch to the self esteem department
Awesome! BTW The fast food probably would make you sick and miserable anyway and followed with feelings of guilt
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #26  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeluv View Post
I don't really see clothes as a reward just because...if your loosing a bunch of weight..your going to HAVE to buy clothes anyway to fit you.

Mini Goal 1 - Christmas

Long Term Goal

Shopping for new clothes as a reward for reaching your Goal Weight is not a waste, and in my opinion, not really a waste while losing weight because clothes that fit you properly can be a huge self esteem boost and inspiration to keep losing until you hit your goal
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #27  

I know its not a waste...i'm just saying I don't see it as a reward for myself but as more of a need that you have once none of your clothes fit anymore. For me personally, I want my reward to be thing I choose and not need..something just indulgent and fun. But everybody's different so I understand that is a reward for some people, just for me, its not
Old 12-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #28  

I haven't decided on a "goal" reward, but I have been motivating myself by weekly mini rewards. Got an e-reader (Barnes & Noble Nook) this summer and this fall, it occurred to me that ebooks were a great reward. Inexpensive, don't add to clutter, practically instant gratification and something I *always* want, since I love to read and I also am a big re-reader of my favorite books.

So I set up a little deal for me and hubby where a half-credit = .5 pounds lost, a full credit = 1 pound lost and an exercise credit = at least 20 minutes 3x a week. To start, half-credits were $5, full credit $10 and exercise credit $6. So if we lose our pound a week, we can spend $16 on ebooks or CDs (what hubby likes).

I think now that we are going, I'll cut the credit amounts back, and maybe add a couple dollars in for a weekly weightlifting session.

It's been working well, because neither of us were the type to go buying books or CDs on a regular basis, we usually waited for birthdays and Christmas and used the library the rest of the year. So it's been a great motivation to get out there and at least get a minimal amount of exercise in. When I think about skipping a session, I think about losing my credit and then I go manage to get it done. It also helps a lot when I'm tempted on something junky in the grocery store.

I've replaced a lot of my shelf-space eating old paperbacks that had accumulated over the years, and am replacing some hardbacks as well. So it's also giving me more space around the house.

I used to set rewards for longer term goals, but the trouble was that it was all so far away, that I'd give up before I reached the goal. Never got the rewards. So for me, the frequent reward thing has finally got me going. I have lost weight for 12 weeks in a row now, and that's like unheard of for me! Hubby is also doing well.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #29  
Medifasting since 5/13/10

S/C/G: 235/???/135

Height: 5'4"

My mini goal rewards so far have been shoes! Three pairs of platform heels, to be exact. I like substantial mini goals, so I tried to space out my rewards so that I could spend more money getting better quality items. Shoes naturally seemed to be the best investment for me because they'll fit when I'm at goal, and heels are so much more tolerable now that I weigh less.

Typically I don't like to spend too much on clothing as rewards because I don't plan to be in it for too long. I did when I was 50 lb down since none of my jeans fit. I'll make another exception for new year's eve since it's the day after my birthday, and I'll use to birthday money on a cute, flattering dress to go out in. Who knows, if I spend a lot on it or really love the dress once I'm to goal, I wouldn't mind spending a few dollars to have it taken it so that I can get more wear out of it.

My goal reward will be a shopping spree! I think I should be at/near goal by the end of March, and I'll be interning over the summer at a law firm, so I'll split my shopping spree between casual and cute everyday clothes and business causal/professional clothes.

If I maintain for a year, I'm planning on getting a boob job At my skinniest, I was 148 and a small B. So I'm expecting for my boobs, which are still fighting the good fight at a small D right now, to start rapidly disappearing soon. I'm a pear and my booty isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so bigger boobs will help balance my bottom out.
BarristerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #30  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Shopping spree. I'm talking at least $1000-$2000 on just tons and tons of new clothes. I'm setting aside $200 a month for this. Now if only I'd get serious and get to goal.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote