Old 12-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

sun Yeah it's frustrating! I come to expect weekly loss even though it's ok not to lose some weeks! Hah. Hope you have more luck than I! Glad to hear you've been having a good day with your daughter.

Linds I feel you on not getting in enough exercise - I only did 3 days last week as well, but I did the same the previous week as well! I need to get it up! Hope your family dinner went well!

Ekicna Hope you feel better soon!

~Nothing new from me. Still no loss (what was I expecting haha). Doing good with calories, going to get my run in after work (which finishes in like 20 mins. Should be good!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #62  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

lindsB Atleast you did 3 days! Hope you have fun at the party

Ekicna hey sleepyhead hows it going?

rainbow No I didn't do better haha still 154. Did you get your run in?

So I am the same this week but am not upset. I have been working out alot and am sore everyday. I am sure I will see a nice loss next week. Ran today and did my longest run at one time which was nice happy monday everyone!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #63  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Miz – I highly recommend going to get fitted for running shoes. I’ve found that every person’s feet are so different… I got fitted for mine and will go back to the same place for my new ones. I envy those people who can just walk into a shop and pick any pair and be fine. I however, can’t. I overpronate, so I have to have extra support in my arches.

Rainbow – You’re such a trooper with your eye, I would have been so irritated already! Sorry to hear you missed out on your pre-Christmas tradition, if I were there, I’d have driven you. I wish we had an Indian takeout place near us. =( Our town is a little out of the way for being in SoCal so we don’t really have anything around us… just the normal drive-thru places.

Sun – Yay for you!! Good job on the coffee. =) I love crafty things, I have two sets of 4 drawer organizer thingys with all kinds of stuff in them… stamps, ribbon, fabric, paper, calligraphy pens, etc. Sorry to hear you’re sick, good job only eating that much ice cream! I so would have eaten more…. Glad you had a great day with your daughter.

Andejean – Yay for making it to the gym! And also for making those extra 10mins count on the elliptical!

Ekicna – Your numbers look good! Sorry to hear you’re sick… and sometimes it’s better to skip the workout and give your body time to heal, especially when you don’t think you can lift a weight.

Fatmac – Oh man. Sorry to hear things aren’t as good as they can be, but it can only go up at this point! Just hang in there. =)

As for me… I sat on the floor wrapping presents and watching Christmas movies yesterday at home. Apparently that’s not something I should do because when I went to get up, my back was hurting me. Sigh… long story short I didn’t get a workout in yesterday and I won’t be doing one today. My back is still bugging me and from hurting it badly once before, I’d rather take an extra day off from running. =) I had to buy new jeans this weekend as the ones I was wearing are years and years old and I’ve managed to rip a few holes in them. I’d like to keep them around for when I get to my goal, so I needed new ones. I was very unhappy with the size I had to buy and considered not getting them, but I needed them so no choice. =( I got a new MAC eyeshadow and am super excited to use it this next weekend. I’m not happy to be at work today, but I have to be here to get paid!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #64  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

steph Ohhh sorry about your back hon Hopefully you feel better soon. And I know what you mean about the jeans. I hate the sizes I fit into now! 10s.bleh . You will need to post some pics of you and your new eye shadow. I LOVE makeup and have found my comfort zone in how I dress up.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Lots of action in here on a weekend!

brianalee, Like Stargzr, I loved my carbs back in the day but once you start limiting them you'll find that you don't miss them. Hope you had a nice weekend at the dog show!

Miz, I have done 30DS before too and if I were to start it back up I would def be doing level 1 again. Maybe for more than 10 days.

rainbowstripe, Maybe new glasses should be on your christmas list . I lived in contacts for years and years. This past May I finally invested in a couple new pairs of glasses as my old ones were about 8 years old, scratched up, and weren't the right prescription anymore. Well, now I barely ever wear my contacts as I feel good in glasses, they're easier on my eyes, and they look good!

sun, Sounds like you're doing great! To answer your mom question, we were planning on starting to try to conceive last month but it got put on hold for 3-6 months to give my body a chance to get back to normal after being on bc pills for 8 years. It works out in the end as we are due to get our boxer puppy after Christmas! So I guess my answer is that I'll likely be a new mum early 2012.

fatmac, hope you've had a chance to de-stress!

Andejean, soup benefit? sounds interesting. It's great putting that newfound knowledge to use when confronted with all those not-so-good choices staring us in the face.

stargzr, after all the present wrapping on Sunday I felt like an old woman getting up off the floor. It's stiff work! I always feel good about makeup purchases... I have a couple MAC items on my Christmas list.

So my weekend was pretty good. Not perfect for eating choices... but I don't feel too bad about it either. Sunday we had a Christmas dinner put on by some friends soo I filled my plate with as much veggies as I could and tried to stay away from the dessert. I did indulge in a little too much wine when we got home though. oopsy. Sunday I had a cookie but was good otherwise. Really getting in the habit of not munching while drinking and no snacks after dinner. Means I drink a heck of a lot of water and tea!

I've been back on the wagon for a week now so am super duper hoping that I see a number I like tomorrow! I do feel better in general after losing water weight. I'm really really looking forward to being smaller -- even my snowpants are fitting a little snugger than they did last year. boo.

btw, how's everyone's weather??? We have had a royal dumping of snow over the last couple days -- WAY more than normal, especially this early. It's a great way to get into the season! (as long as you're in front of a nice warm fire)
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #66  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I just returned from the gym... 2lb down! WOO HOO! I had set myself a goal of getting down below 160 by Christmas, and now I am 161... I may have to reset my goal!

I did indulge in pizza during the football game yesterday, but I chose a spinach and goat cheese all natural pizza (Archer farms from Target). I understood all of the ingredients (except the stuff they use to make the cheese, but I never understood cheese anyway, LOL), and I cut the pizza so it was easy to serve myself one serving. 370 calories for 1/3 the pizza, so I cut it in 6, and put four slices straight in the fridge, and put two on my plate and fixed a giant glass of ice water. It was very yummy, and I am proud I only ate one serving. (It would not be unheard of for me to eat the whole darn thing during the game... ugh)

I had a hearty healthy breakfast, and now I am contemplating lunch. After losing two lbs, I do NOT want to screw up today! I am too happy with myself to lose my progress right away!

Thanks for the support ladies! You all help so much!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

that's awesome Andejean!!! Way to go
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

sun Yeah I got my run in...and was nearly hit by a stupid car! Urgh. Drivers who don't indicate annoy me enough when I'm driving myself, but when I'm jogging? Just indicate! How am I supposed to know you're turning down the road I'm about to cross if you don't!! Hah sorry, I just got really annoyed and kind of freaked out, having this stupid car screech to a halt less than a meter from my leg. Yay for your run!! Sounds good, I'm sure you'll see a loss this week! Also as for the 10's, I feel like I'd be happy if I was wearing a 10! Although a New Zealand 10 is smaller than a US 10 I think...but last time I bought anything in the US that was a bottom, it was a denim skirt in a 14...and it was a little big, but yeah..not so fun I guess!

Stephanie The eye is totally fine now hah, I'm so glad! The indian place is actually just a dine-in restaurant that does takeaways as well - so it's not that cheap, but it's really tasty food! Thanks for the sympathy on the pre-Christmas tradition missing out on...turns out my mum and sister made it even more fun by getting Devonshire Tea! I think that's just tea and scones, but still...would have been nice. My mum said we could go again but it's just not the same haha. Sorry about your back! That sucks - I know how you feel though, I was once making this scrapbook over the space of 6 months, and I'd always do it on the floor - it killed my back so much! Christmas movies sounds fun though - as does new MAC eyeshadow! I love their eyeshadows SO MUCH!!

preppingbride Don't think glasses will make my Christmas list haha. I lived in glasses for so long as a child, I love my contacts now. They give me more leeway with makeup as well! Well done on the good choices at the dinner with your friends! That's awesome! The weather here...well...I'm in New Zealand haha so it's pretty much summer now. Just about. Today is overcast and kind of muggy. My boyfriend read in the paper this morning that it was going to be New Zealand's wettest summer in 21 years...that sounds horrible to me!!

Andejean Congrats on your pizza victory! Sounds good!

So my scale has started moving a little bit again - I'm at 69.8kg (153.8 pounds) now. Kind of happy with that. Want more haha. Doing pretty good with calories although I know I need to be eating more at work - I keep feeling sick and kind of faint because I go too long in between eating! Went for my jog last night and nearly got hit as I was saying in my personals. Not fun. Kind of scary! Nearly cut it short because of that, but I thought I'd feel worse if I did that, so I kept going my full 3 kilometres.
I have Zumba after work today, so I'm working on making sure I eat enough during the day and don't feel crap before it!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #69  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Great job andejean!

I'm down 3lbs since I got sick but I've been keeping up with my exercise. My only problem is that I've cut down on my water intake.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #70  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Star - Great I'll take up on that advice, because my feet are weird too, I bought a pair of runners that were suppose to be good but they sucked with my feet a few years back. So getting fitted would be a better choice for me.

Prepp - Yep I did Level 1 lastnight something snapped in my arm causing me to fall on my face during the push up section so I didn't do the push ups and quick in the middle of the second phaze because I got lazy. but damn level one is kicking my *** again...but I'm going to get back up and try it again tonight when I get home.

I've been a lazy bum this month soo far, minus the attempt yesterday. I need a new DVD I need to get out of this funk. Maybe once my xmas money comes in I'll one join weight watchers and 2 go scope out different DVD's to workout with sometime this week as well. Here's hoping, but I have encorped more salad into my life and a semi better diet then I have been in weeks! So I guess that counts for someting.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #71  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

Thanks! My biggest problem so far is that I am trying to eat up the food I already have in the house, not junky stuff, but a lot of processed food, so While my calories are within range, I know I am over in sodium, so when I buy groceries next week, I am going for more whole foods... I had a macaroni grill alfred for lunch today, (leftover from dinner the other night,) I ate 1 serving. It was 310 calories, but full of sodium! The 310 I can account for, the salt, I end up going over... Oh well, I learn. I'm still stoked over the 2 lb loss today!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #72  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Andejean - Yes I had that same problem Sodium seems to take over everything these days. I always go over in salt, but I've learned to realize all processed food is the worst for that...

And really does salad ever fill anyone up
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #73  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

Well, this is mid week (payday wise) so grocery shopping is Saturday, and I'll try to go for more whole foods, but for now I will make do with what I have. I think I'm okay in the long run. It is balancing out.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #74  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

Actually, if I average out the last 3 days, My sodium is at 94% of daily reccommendation... thats pretty good! (pretty good meaning not over, LOL)
Old 12-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #75  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

sun - I am SO nervous about posting pics on here... especially on account of I think I'm still fat (no need for anyone to console or deny... it's just how I feel about me). I think that once I get to a decent weight again (prolly like 150) I will def post a pic. Promise I will post one day!

prepping - Our weather is so wonky here... we get cold days, warm days, cold, warm, lol. Usually we're pretty steady by now, but alas I do live in SoCal, haha.

andejean - WTG on the pizza!! And kudos to keeping an eye on your sodium intake... that really seems to mess with my scale!

rainbow - So glad to hear about your eye being better!!! I know how you feel about contacts, my husband wore glasses all while he was growing up and he dislikes wearing them now (except at night and early in the morning of course). And to that stupid driver - WATCH IT MAN!!! I hate when that happens! I'm a big treadmill fan, just because I don't have to worry about the weather or crazy people while running.

ekicna - Great job on the losses!!! Just up your water little by little, you'll get there. =)

miz - Yeah, I managed to hurt my back a while back thanks to shoes.. so now I always get fitted. Sounds like you're on your way with 30ds, just keep it up chickie!! Sorry, I'm not much help in the way of dvd suggestions... I get bored easily.

Long story short I'm having issues (yes, again). I feel like a broken record saying that, so I will make it so that I can't say it again until at LEAST Valentine's Day. I have a small handmade calendar on my desk here by my keyboard from now until then so I will put little stars for good days and little O's for ok days. =) No more bad days here! I really do want to lose this weight and be a thin person, lol. So here I go!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote