Old 12-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #16  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Ekicna welcome!

fat chick 123 Hey don't sweat the false start! How did you do today?

rainbow Ohh sounds like a fun day! I love starbucks I always get the smallest size and light. Its worth the few extra calories. Did you buy anything fun? How did you do with your eating?

lindsB Oh I am trying to get the energy up to go for a run on my treadmill. wouldn't it just be great if we were skinny and were working out for maintanince? i totally know how to do that already

stargzr Did you run? I know its so hard to commit and then we love it
fatmac Good job on resisting! Sorry you are stressed hon. I think we all feel like that. Ugh. Being an adult is rough sometimes lol

So ladies as I wrote above I am trying to get off my big butt and go for a run on the treadmill. Last night was horrible, DD went to sleep at one and was up by 5 and then my hubby woke up at 9 to take care of her. I slept until 1pm and then had to run her to the peds to get some nose drops for her congestion. Ugh now I am trying hard to just get a work out in after eating ice cream at 6 in the morning.. I'll check in later and tell you if I did get it in. Hope you all get your runs in too.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #17  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Thanks ladies! Between school, my kids, and the little boy I babysit during the day, I have to workout out at 7am before the day really gets going. I used to work out at night but I am so tired by then and I usually reserve that time for homework.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #18  
sun

alright ladies. I am back to say i did run yay me
Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

sun- woot to you and me for getting our workouts in! I was not enjoying mine lol!

I have my work Christmas party tomorrow night...it will be tons of catered food that I will have no idea how it is prepared. I plan to eat light all day. Stick to drinking Champagne if available or vodka and a lite soda or something like that. I can't decide if I should have a sub from subway or jimmy johns later in the day so I'm not as tempted to eat the food at the dinner...??? what do ya'll think?

Last edited by LindsB; 12-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #20  
sun

lindsB I wouldn't just because I KNOW if it was me I would still want to taste everything. Way to go on working out!

Stargzr hey what are your runs like? How long do you run and at what speed?

Ok ladies I was feeling fat and was on facebook and seen some pics and realized that I do look good.
haha
here is the link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...uragement.html

Last edited by sun; 12-01-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Sun- you are beautiful! lookin hot!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #22  
Becoming a BEAST!

Yay for running Sun and you look great by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsB View Post
sun- woot to you and me for getting our workouts in! I was not enjoying mine lol!

I have my work Christmas party tomorrow night...it will be tons of catered food that I will have no idea how it is prepared. I plan to eat light all day. Stick to drinking Champagne if available or vodka and a lite soda or something like that. I can't decide if I should have a sub from subway or jimmy johns later in the day so I'm not as tempted to eat the food at the dinner...??? what do ya'll think?
Linds, I think you should definitely eat healthy before you go so you won't be very hungry. Maybe they will have some fruit for you to snack on. Have fun at the party!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:09 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Stephanie Oh yeah...it was an exhausting day of shopping and I didn't even quite get everything I needed. Close though. And yeah, I do get my hair done every 6 weeks haha - it's one of the things I really like about myself so I pride myself in keeping it looking good...I feel like I've always kind of thought that if I can't control my body I can at least control my hair? Now I guess I'm doing both hah! I got a Tall, Nonfat, Dark Cherry Mocha at Starbucks. It runs 170 calories, which is not hugely bad given my other choices today. Did you run?

fatmac Oh yeah, I need to be in the mood. I was today but now I am tired. And kind of annoyed I have to go to another branch of a store to get something that the one I was at today was sold out of. So tomorrow looks like more shopping. I should be glad I don't have to work hahah! Hope your sleep leaves you well rested!

Sun I love Starbucks. I got a 170 cal iced Dark Cherry Mocha. I had a 6 inch roasted chicken subway for lunch and 4 grilled chicken tenderloins for dinner - and a half serve of fries...but I'm still at only 1230 calories for the day so that's not so bad! Congrats on your run! YAY YOU!! Also you look so great, you are so so pretty! Wow.

Linds Good luck with the Christmas party - we had ours last week. I just didn't drink alcohol, though I know that that doesn't work for everyone and I had small tastes of most things. I had a great time - hope you do as well!!

I'm so tired. Long day of shopping. A little more to do tomorrow. I think I've been over most other things in my personals!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #24  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi girlies! Yes, I went to the gym yesterday... but did the elliptical instead. So at least I got my workout in.

sun - You are so pretty!!! And you're right, you do look great! It's funny how sometimes photos are what help us realize what changes we've made. Great job on the run, btw. =) Let's see... I do a lot of different ones. My favs are long tempo ones and short interval ones, lol, everything in between seems to bore me. The other day I ran for 30mins at 5.5mph. When I do intervals I alternate 1min slow jog (4.5-5mph) to 1min sprint (9-10mph). I think you may has asked before about tempo runs.. it just means you run at the same pace the whole time. =)

ekicna - Man, I would LOVE to work out in the morning!! Since I have to be at work at 6:30am and work is just over 30mins away, I'm already up near 5am to get ready... so sadly no morning workouts for me. It just feels so nice to have it done first thing and not be able to talk yourself out of it, right?! lol

linds - Hmmm, tough call. I would probably get the sandwich before so I could have a drink while there and just snack on some fruit/veggies if I wanted to eat something. Either way, have fun!!

rainbow - Yay for keeping up with your hair AND now your body!! Your choice at starbucks sounds good!! wtg, you! And wow with the shopping still, haha. I'm in awe.

I'm pretty sure I've hit that do-or-die moment this morning in regards to my weight and everything that goes along with it. I really need to finish this out for my health and my own sanity's sake! lol I'm going to really push all the way until Valentine's Day (I'm in a V day challenge on here). I WILL make it to my goal range by then and that's that.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #25  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi Ladies, do you have room for one more?! I also need to be held accountable. I am on day 3 of counting calories, and I oopsed up a bit yesterday. Right now my fiance is on reduced hours at work, so I cannot go to the grocery store as freely as I used to, which is a good thing, except yesterday was the day before payday, which meant we were broke, meaning I had to make due with what was in the house. I did pretty good for breakfast, two poached eggs on two pieces of toast with ICBINT spray. Lunch I defrosted some homemade veggie soup. It didn't taste that good, but it was healthy... ick. It was much better fresh, but not something I would get excited for at any point... I need a better veggie soup recipe, lol.

Last night was band practice, at our house. I usually have sandwiches for the band, but last night we laid out chips and salsa, and some low fat homemade bean dip instead. (as low fat as bean dip can be). I don't think I did too horrible calories wise, but I felt out of it all night, like I just didn't eat good food. At least I know I got some protein. I think the worst thing out last night was the chips...

This morning I started off with one serving of cinnabon cream of wheat (170 cal), and I think I'm going to add 80 cal of mandarin oranges... Then it's off to the store for some healthy kitchen staples.

Excersize? I've been really good, going with a friend with minor heart problems three times a week to help her keep her doc healthy, we spend an hour and a half each visit, start with eliptical, then move on to some circut training, but we only made it once last week because she was sick monday, then we were both wore out on black friday. Then we went monday, but yesterday she ended up at the doctors with a sinus infection, so I stayed home again. I know I could go without her, and probably should, but it seems so much easier to stay home... I think I need a kick in the butt...

So what do you think ladies? Room for one more?
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #26  
Becoming a BEAST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargzr View Post

ekicna - Man, I would LOVE to work out in the morning!! Since I have to be at work at 6:30am and work is just over 30mins away, I'm already up near 5am to get ready... so sadly no morning workouts for me. It just feels so nice to have it done first thing and not be able to talk yourself out of it, right?! lol

Exactly! I get up at 0530 so I understand the early mornings. My husband is deployed so he wanted to skype this morning and I missed my morning work out. Hopefully, I can get it in this evening.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi Girls!! I'm just going to hop in here and say that all of you sound like you're doing great! Way to go motivation!

I'm just re-starting to watch what I eat and make sure that exercise gets in. I'm in my first week now and have had a 4 lb drop. Oh the wonders of water weight. No complaints!

I'm hoping that by the end of the month I would have dropped another 5-8 lbs. Even though Christmas time has got to be one of the hardest times of the year with all the goodies that are around, I think that makes it even more important to aim at losing weight because that means you're not set back for the new year! Goodness knows what all those chocolate and biscuits would do to tummy flub. LoL

Anyone have strategies they're following to make sure weekends are on plan?
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #28  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

andejean - There's always room for one more! It sounds to me like you're doing pretty good so far! Keep it up!!

ekicna - Aww, that's so cool you got to skype with your husband this morning!! I think the trade-off was definitely worth it!

prepping - I'm so familiar with the water weight issue! sigh. Your end of month goal sounds do-able! I'm not the greatest on the weekends, I just try to plan everything out in the morning so if I know I will be out of the house when I should be having a meal I take some healthy snacks with me (cottage cheese, fruit, veggies). It helps to know I have a plan. =)

So far so good for me today! I haven't once thought about skipping my run after work/before school and I've been super on plan today eating-wise. =)

Last edited by stargzr; 12-02-2010 at 02:14 PM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #29  
Becoming a BEAST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargzr View Post

ekicna - Aww, that's so cool you got to skype with your husband this morning!! I think the trade-off was definitely worth it!
Most definitely!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Just popping in. My eye is still SO sore. Stupid eye. Worse in the morning than it was last night. Can't afford drops or anything though after my Christmas shopping extravaganza last night (and the fact I have 3 gifts I need to pick up today!).
I'm annoyed about the eye because it's actually preventing me from exercising. I can't jog on the treadmill with my glasses because they'll fly off. I can't really put my contacts in right now because of the pain and wateriness. And I can't go on with nothing because I am super vision-disabled and I'm pretty sure not being able to see properly will put me off balance. So I'm going to hope that a couple of hours leaves some improvement enough to use contacts. Urgh. This is annoying, I've only done 2 days of exercise so far this week!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote