Old 11-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/?/145

Height: 5'3" Fun Sized!

Unhappy Dealing with a LOOOONNNNNGGGGG plateau?? Advice?

I haven't posted in a while... I've been "dieting" since January 2010. I started out at 224, and lost really quickly at first. I knew I would eventually plateau, but I figured I'd be closer to goal when it happened. In August 2010 I weighed about 189. I am currently sitting at 180. I've been counting calories, 1200/day. I go over sometimes (today!), and other days I'm too far under.

I haven't been much of an exerciser. I know I need to start, and that I wouldn't be plateau-ing if I was getting up off of my rear end! I had a breast augmentation done on 10-20-2010. It's something I've wanted for 10+ years, and I figured now was as good a time as any to do it. Plus, I figured it might give me that extra motivation to get to goal.

My numerical goal weight is 145. I have NO idea what I will look like at 145. To be honest, if I could lose my lower belly pooch, and a little inner thigh flab and upper arm flab, I'd be happy with where I am. My new boobies make me look more proportional.

I'm not much of a cardio girl, although I like spinning. Thinking of asking DH for a stationary bike for Christmas. I can't jog/run or anything high impact at the moment because of the BA.

Anyways, enough about me... Anyone else currently in or been in a rut in the past? How did you break through it? I binged today, ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's Carrot Cake ice cream, among other things! I feel great... A far cry from where I was a year ago, but I'm ready to see the 170's, then the 160's, then the 150's.... then GOAL!

Any thoughts, advice, comments would be greatly appreciated!
MrsHoneycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #2  
HealthNutMommy

S/C/G: 170/124/125

Height: 5'3

I went through a plateau just last month. The scale did not move from Sept 24th-Oct 22nd. I was getting a little anxious.
At the time, I was eating 1300-1400 calories and working out 5 days a week. I was pretty much doing the same workout routine over and over. So I decided to add more resistance and more cardio to see if a little change will help break this plateau. I also added more calories throughout my day.

So, I started working out 6 days a week and I began eating 1500-1600 calories a day. And guess what, one whole week after I made these changes, the scale moved down 4 lbs!!!!

Try changing your routine a bit and see what happens.
Good luck!

Last edited by pammi2003; 11-16-2010 at 08:39 PM.
pammi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #3  

Thanks! I've really got to find the motivation to work out! AND I need to find a work out that isn't uncomfortable for my new tatas!! You look great! I'm hoping by new years I'm close to 170.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #4  
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

S/C/G: 340/276/150

Height: 5'6"

MrsHoneycutt you sound like me! I started my lifestyle change in January of this year too. I started out at 340 though. I lost 20lbs in the first 3 weeks. I just melted away. I didn't do anything but become vegetarian and cut out sugar & excess fats.

I've had a few 2-3 week plateaus but after a few weeks I would lose a few more pounds. UNTIL NOW!

I've been stuck at 280 since the beginning of October. What's with the 80's that are so hard to get out of?!!?

Like you, I'm not much of a exerciser. I had a month long period where I was super into hiking and jogging. Until I hurt my knee and I took off a while to heal and never got back into it. I still occasionally go for a hike and I love to walk around downtown, but no consistent cardio for me.

I joint 3FC's yesterday to try to get inspired and motivated. I need to break this 280 barrier!!!! I need to start focusing on portions more and I need to start exercising consistently. I know what I need to do, I just need the motivation to do it.

I think the stationary bike idea sounds great! If I had the room, I would get one.
kerielaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #5  
HealthNutMommy

S/C/G: 170/124/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHoneycutt View Post
Thanks! I've really got to find the motivation to work out! AND I need to find a work out that isn't uncomfortable for my new tatas!! You look great! I'm hoping by new years I'm close to 170.

Thank you!

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!
pammi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #6  

kerielaine- Yeah, these 80's are a beast, aren't they?! I joined 3FC earlier this year, and it has been a HUGE motivator for me. I haven't been on here in a while (maybe THATS why I've plateaued)... But looking through the goal albums REALLY made me want to push... I'm thrilled that I've gotten to 180. You have made EXCELLENT progress so far! 340 to 280 is an enormous accomplishment!

If I want to be completely honest with myself, I am not eating the right foods. I may restrict my calories to 1200 a day, but 280 of those calories might've been spent on a Snickers. :/
I can't resist my sweets.

I'm hoping that by logging in here and reading through the threads, I will remotivate myself. I've got to make a change in what I am eating.

Fingers crossed that if I DO get an exercise bike, that I don't turn it into a coat rack!!

I'm setting a mini-goal for myself right now. I want to be 175 by December 16th.

Good luck to you on your journey!!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #7  
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Good luck to you as well! I think your goal is very achievable! Stay strong. And remember, nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/144/104

Height: 5'1"

I'm between 153-161 lbs for 4 months now!
And I'm sure it's because I stopped exercising (jogging/running for at least an hour everyday).
So I've started exercising again this month and have been a steady 156-157 lbs for almost 2 weeks now... hopefully, it will start moving DOWN by next week!

Good luck to us!
brokengently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #9  

kerie- that is hilarious!! I need to write that on my fridge! Wonder what my husband would think?! LOL

Broken- Good luck and keep us updated! I'm going to try to check in more frequently. I was doing really well when I was logging in a few times a week!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #10  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

I have been stuck in this plateau for about a year. I keep hoping it breaks, but nothing happens. I am getting smaller and being reshaped. Hopefully we can all break out!
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

yeah, been plateau-ing for like a month and it's not cool

like you, i hate exercising, but i've been doing the 30 Day Shread video for like 2 weeks now (i do it every other day cuz i can't bring myself to workout everyday, haha... but it's still more exercise that i've ever maintained doing!) and i'm waiting to see a result! everybody on here was raving about it so i'm waiting to see what happens when i finish it. it would be nice if my arms were a little less flabby by the end of it!! (my biggest "fat" pet-peeve...)

i'm also like you, that i'll eat an ok amount of calories but some of it will be junk, eheh... but i figure it's still better to do it that way than restrict myself completely and then fall off the wagon cuz i'm just craving chocolate so hard.

if you start exercising though, you'll probably see a change. also, if you can make yourself drink a lot of water (i have a hard time doing it...) it'll help too!!

and as a big-boobied girl, i can tell you, working out with big boobs is a pain in the ***, but you can get around it, haha. i avoid anything that involves running or jumping whenever i can... also, get a workout bra for your size!!

good luck!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #12  
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHoneycutt View Post
kerie- that is hilarious!! I need to write that on my fridge! Wonder what my husband would think?! LOL
I read that in a book back in January when I started this. It's a great motto. It helps when you're tempted to eat something that you know you shouldn't.